Author Topic: Arrow vs. Gates  (Read 1199 times)

pride

Arrow vs. Gates
« on: May 24, 2013, 06:39:25 PM »
ARROW  vs. GATES

This is a fight thread between Arrow of Faolchu Callite and Gates of The Order over land claimed as The Order. This is a ONE versus ONE, CONSENT fight. Each side may bring one supporter and witness to the fight - supporters/witnesses are not allowed to enter the fight at any time.

The marshland fight rules apply. Please make sure you have read over all rules regarding posting requirements on length, spelling and grammar. Please write your fight posts out as detailed and clear as possible. At anytime an organizer may lock the thread if a complaint is made that requires the thread to be reread. Unless an action by a fighter is deemed quite serious, each fighter may be asked to make corrections to posts involving vague/hard to understand statements within the post, autos etc. These are individually determined by one or more organizers.

Each individual has the right to edit their fight post any time within FIVE HOURS from the time they posted it. Any editing of a post after five hours without the okay of an organizer is automatic loss.

After these six weeks are up, a poster fails to post within the ten days, or a character dies, the fight thread automatically ends.

SPECIAL TERMS
- If Arrow loses, Faolchu Callite will not challenge The Order again.

This fight thread ends on JULY 5TH.

Offline Arrow.

• god of sight.
  • Initiate
  • Liked: 4
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Arrow vs. Gates
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 10:31:45 PM »
( This is in direct reply/continuation from the initial challenge thread. I hope that's alright but if it's not, let me know and I'll change it. )

---

He had been here before.

Well, not there specifically, but Arrow had felt a hint of nostalgia crawling up his spine when he watched the crimson beast's arrival. Were all fights the same? Almas Rotas was the exception by surrendering peacefully and without dissent, but he'd fought and failed to catch Nardir. Arrow decided then that he'd give the leader a timed ultimatum instead of negotiation and, if denied, a confrontation would be unavoidable. Gates wasn't that much larger, he thought - in fact, the arctic's lineage might have given him a slight boost when height was considered.

But there was just no time to consider every aspect of the battle. Arrow had to win, plain and simple.

That said, the youth had no idea of the plague that ran rampant across the marsh. It was for this reason that his head tilted and ears pulled to the back of his skull. What were they talking about? "I'm not mad," he stated pitifully, unfamiliar as to the meaning that Gates probably meant 'insane' instead of 'upset' because Arrow had no reason to be mad. As for what the challenged ominously mentioned afterwards, it was politely ignored. He also had no reason to fear the waters, nor did he witness the bodies of the broken and diseased masses. "I'm Arrow, and I've come to take... Er, no. That's not right. I need this land. For my friends. For everyone."

That sounded a lot better, didn't it? But Arrow did not smile this time or waste time. Instead he took a step closer, tentatively crossed over the borders with head low and ears still pinned. "I'll give you ten seconds to surrender and... If you don't, I'll fight you for it." He would make no judgement and take only as he needed. Unfortunate that it would have to come this way, nonetheless, but a fact of the land he had to embrace now. Everyone depended on him and he had to deliver. Sink or swim.

If ten seconds passed without pause or forfeit, the gap between them would be bridged by way of a quick sprint in the darker canine's direction. His purpose was to aim teeth right underneath Gates' skull where fleshy throat met the muscles of the jaw and push up which, if successful, would hopefully deny Gates the pleasure of biting anything vital. The momentum gained in that attack would mean Arrow could gain control and move to grapple the whole body of his claim to the ground, pinning him there.

If dodged entirely, the long legs of the ivory youth would simply veer off to the right and turn to face Gates once more.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 10:34:34 PM by Arrow. »

Offline Gates

• Initiate
  • Bow before The Order.
  • Liked: 11
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 08:05:04 PM »
(sorry it took me a while to get to this, I just got a job so I've been busy with that. Hopefully I can get something good cooking.)

Gates waited for the wolf to respond, questioning why he had come. "I'm not mad," he said, obviously not getting Gates meaning. "I'm Arrow, and I've come to take... Er, no. That's not right. I need this land. For my friends. For everyone." Those words made anger boil inside of Gates. This was his home he would not see it destroyed so easily.

Gates crouched low, his muscles tensing. A snarl upon his features. The wolf tenderly put one foot on his land, and that was his last mistake. Gates heard no words as the fool spoke of surrender. He launched himself at the wolf, his anger honed to a knifes edge, his focus sharp and his features ferocious. He was completely within his right mind, his core was calculating as always, analyzing his opponents every move.

Gates would press the attack before Arrow had a chance to, charging forward he would snap at the wolfs face, neck, body, legs. Anything he could grab, latch onto and pull, to give himself the advantage. He wanted to knock Arrow off balance or push him back, away from his home. If Arrow backed away from Gates assault then he would continue to press his momentum forward. Veering to the right he would attempt to attack Arrows shoulder or leg to hamper his movements.

Gates kept his center of gravity steady, muscles tensed, and in case of counter attack he would be ready to dodge. If neither of Gates attacks made contact he would take a couple of steps away from the wolf, retreating out of attack range. Hopefully they would both be outside the boarders at this point, Gates didn't want to spill blood on his homeland.

Gates would try his best to keep the wolf in front of him, not letting Arrow attack him from his sides or flank. He would have to play this smart, he didn't know how much fighting experience Arrow had, but he couldn't afford to underestimate him. Gates was fighting for his home now, because without him, The Order wouldn't make it. He had worked hard to make sure the seed he had planted was safe so far, he couldn't give up now.

This was his home. And he would die to defend it.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 08:05:57 PM by Gates »

Offline Arrow.

• god of sight.
  • Initiate
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 09:20:46 PM »
He'd barely had the chance to talk before his opponent was upon him in a flurry of haphazard bites. Thankfully Arrow had learned to guard his scruff since his fight with Mercury and, as a result, suffered only when a fang caught his lip. Inevitable, really, mostly as a result of being at the wrong place at the wrong time. It bled in turn, the shallow cut stained the color of his pelt the same color of his markings as the beads of crimson rolled down his jaw, but were anything but a major casualty. Due to his legs that already spun backwards and away, the attack aimed at his legs and body were too far out of the challenged's teeth to catch purchase.

Arrow swallowed the pain relatively well and quickly moved opposite of Gates towards the left. This would make it so that his body was parallel with his own, head pointed towards his back end. This would nullify the possibility of Gates getting a hold on his shoulder, but yet hadn't entirely put him out of range at the time. This was when he'd remembered something else Mercury had done and swung his haunches in accordance that moved his back end away from the possibility of teeth and his own jaws in line with his opponent's tail and back legs.

It was almost too easy. The Seer aimed for the tail - the base or otherwise, it didn't matter - and would pull back if successful. Pull hard. This was unlike the bite he had inflicted on Mercury when he'd challenged Nardir, as this time he was actually meaning to injure and cause severe discomfort. If unsuccessful, he'd try to hamstring the wolf by catching a back leg and pulling back as well. If not, he'd dance in the opposite direction headed in The Order's territory and would have to be pursued there.

If Gates took him as an untrained youth, he was in for an unpleasant surprise.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 09:23:39 PM by Arrow. »

Offline Gates

• Initiate
  • Bow before The Order.
  • Liked: 11
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 08:15:20 PM »
Gates lunged forward, teeth flashing, reaching out his his bites. It seemed like he wanted to speak but Gates would hear nothing of how he would take his land, his home, away form him. He felt one of his fangs cut through the wolfs lip, but other than that small bit of contact all he got was air. At least the younger wolf was fast, but speed wasn't the only thing that mattered. Gates gaze narrowed and his mind sharpened to a razors edge. His mind concentrating on Arrows every move.

The wolf moved past him and to the left, obviously trying to flank him. The wolf spun with his haunches taking his own tail away from Gates. Arrow was going for his flank and Gates had to react quickly, but how. His mind raced at a mile a minute, adrenaline flowing through his veins. He reacted in the only way he knew how to keep from getting caught. First his tail dropped to buy him a little extra time and then his back legs would push him forward in a small bound, using his already forward momentum to propel him further. He turned in the air, much in the same way the Arrow and flung his haunches, to face the wolf once more.

Gates held his head close to the ground, keeping his neck protected in case Arrow chased after him. He was an intelligent fighter, Gates gave him that. And Gates knew he had to be careful when jumping. Gates wasn't sure but he thought he had felt Arrows teeth around his back leg at the last second. Gates didn't have time to stop and check, but his leg didn't feel any different. Just minor stinging feeling on his leg, probably just a scratch or small cut if anything.

Gates saw the wolf near his territory and his fur bristled. Gates let out a low and threatening growl, it promised blood shed, either his own or Arrows. He would kill him if he got the chance. Gates charged forward, air blowing past him as he felt wing on his face. Kicking up leaves and dust behind him. Gates was angry but he was not stupid. He had tried a head on attack and it didn't work, now was the time to get serious. Before he had an anger which raged within, boiling over the surface in an explosive motion. Now it was controlled, his mind predicting and acting, his eyes taking in every detail and movement.

He surged forward, and made it look like another head on assault. If Arrow tried to turn and flee into Gates territory he would leave open his back, which Gates would gladly take. Gates already had a head start in speed, and could probably easily catch him. However when Gates was just out side of striking distance, he would veer sharply to the right. Using his speed to bolt there and then proceed to attack. Now that he was coming at Arrow in an angle, he would fake an attack to the wolfs face. Before changing his target to his legs, in an attempt to grab one and topple the wolf over.

If that didn't work, Gates predicted that the wolf would try to flank him again as this would be the logical thing to do. So Gates prepared for this by if the wolf dogged his attack on his legs, Gates would suddenly stop his movement on his front paws, causing him to pivot on them and turn his back out of harms way. Then, keeping his head low, he would attempt to weave out of Arrows attack range. He was not going to give up without a fight.

Offline Arrow.

• god of sight.
  • Initiate
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 09:22:14 PM »
Arrow found himself at the edges of the territory, not like he actually knew that, blue eyes looked out at his opponent whose body had eluded him once again. This wasn’t fair. How could he be so bad at this? How would their pack ever be allowed to thrive without land? Tears would have stung at his eyes if his body was possible producing them, his mind lacked the ability to wrap a juvenile mind out of failure. This was frustrating. This was… Terrible. How could he expect to defend his land if he couldn’t challenge others and fight successfully?

The crimson wolf turned and charged at him again, but Arrow didn’t run. His body was somehow incapable of doing so, having frozen but not catatonic, as if waiting for something. An instinct unlike any other he’d felt before waged war in his stomach – an ancient, wild feeling that started at his toes and ended at his nose. The present world moved in slow motion and Arrow only heard his own rhythmic breathing in sync to a pulse that beat in his skull. Eyes narrowed, but neither did he pounce or pivot around like Gates had done or expected of him. Surprises favored the young, right? Luck was the only thing he had on his side right now.

Face tensed at teeth got close, tongue licked at his lips impulsively to cauterize the blood there, but hardly moved as Gates feigned his attack. Quickly his opponent moved down towards a leg, in which Arrow lifted his paw and leg out of reach. With the other’s face close to the ground, the arctic sought to put his paw on top of his enemy’s head and press down with all his weight. If successful, it would’ve driven his face into the dirt and buy Arrow’s body some time to shift his neck and grab at the base of Gate’s skull from above. A pin would’ve been good, right?

If that was dodged too, Arrow simply would’ve stepped a couple paces backwards - eyes never to leave the sharp-toothed obstacle in his wa. If Gates was going to fight him again, it would have to be at close combat.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 09:24:40 PM by Arrow. »

Offline [akante] [hiatus]

• 5ever with loverly.

• Hero
  • (「`・△・´)「
    • My status
    • etkri @ dA
  • Liked: 3166
  • Likes Given: 3084
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 01:15:34 PM »
[[ with the extension request denied, Gates has missed his posting deadline, and the Marshland Team would like to congratulate Faolchu Callite the winner of this fight! congratulations! your two week grace period starts now.

any questions, comments or concerns may be brought up to any Marshland Organizer. ]]

+ Tortuga! [pack]
+ commissions. [open]
+ le bin.
+ Dream Guardians.
+ activity updates.

+ rockin' ids since sept. 27th, 2007, 5:48pm~