Author Topic: Daedalus vs. Mercury  (Read 1870 times)

pride

Daedalus vs. Mercury
« on: May 24, 2013, 09:55:59 AM »
DAEDALUS  vs. MERCURY

This is a fight thread between Daedalus of Paradox and Mercury of Nardir over land claimed as Nardir. This is a ONE versus ONE, CONSENT fight. Each side may bring one supporter and witness to the fight - supporters/witnesses are not allowed to enter the fight at any time.

The marshland fight rules apply. Please make sure you have read over all rules regarding posting requirements on length, spelling and grammar. Please write your fight posts out as detailed and clear as possible. At anytime an organizer may lock the thread if a complaint is made that requires the thread to be reread. Unless an action by a fighter is deemed quite serious, each fighter may be asked to make corrections to posts involving vague/hard to understand statements within the post, autos etc. These are individually determined by one or more organizers.

Each individual has the right to edit their fight post any time within FIVE HOURS from the time they posted it. Any editing of a post after five hours without the okay of an organizer is automatic loss.

After these six weeks are up, a poster fails to post within the ten days, or a character dies, the fight thread automatically ends.

This fight thread ends on JULY 5TH.

Offline Daedalus [Rp]

• i drink from the cup of denial.
  • Regular
  • and im judging the world from my throne.
  • Liked: 37
  • Likes Given: 209
Re: Daedalus vs. Mercury
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 11:24:32 AM »
All good things must come to an end, and this peaceful talk was one of those. He had enjoyed speaking to naive one, and now that the smarter female was here, it was time to get to business. His posture became dominant, but not really aggressive, ears were erect and tail was raised, but no snarl graced his crocodilian maw just yet. He stared Mercury down, fur bristling slightly as his voice became almost silken.

"Forfeit is still an option, Dark Queen." Of course, this was customary of important battles; the reminder of forfeit. The Black King however, would not, and could not simply give up. He was fighting for Paradox, for Chaos... for Orielle. He felt new purpose flow through him at the idea of impressing her further.

Maybe it was more than kinship he felt for his Queen. (Focus on the topic at hand. I must win. If I lose...No. I won't lose.)

After letting Mercury reply, if she did, he would get down to business, and after making sure he had a good hold on the marsh beneath his feet, lunged towards her, teeth aimed at her shoulder, meaning to lock into the flesh and tear harshly with a twist of his head.

If he succeeded, he would attempt to drive her back with a snarl, using his size and strength to shove her back to knock her off balance.

If his original attack failed, he would whip around, and with a snarling maw, attempt to bite into her hindquarter.

Welcome to the black hole.

Attack #1 - bite into her shoulder and jerk his head around to tear her shoulder up a bit.

Attack #2 - Shove her back to try and unbalance her.

Attack #3 - twist around so then he is directly behind her and clamp his jaws onto her rump
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 11:31:51 AM by Daedalus [Rp] »
i see my reflection in the window
this window clean inside, dirty on the out
i'm looking different than me
this house is clean baby
this house is clean

Offline ~Mercury~

• .: Action is the real measure of intelligence :.
  • Regular
  • Brave Alphess of Nardir
  • Liked: 12
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 05:48:59 PM »
She supposed his posturing was supposed to intimidate her.  Ooh, look how big I am, look how strong I am, am I scary?  Mercury's scar on her hackles tingled, raising fur that would no longer grow in that spot.  The rest of her fringe rose on her spine, and she did not bother with trying to be bigger than her opponent, she simply set her stance and waited for his attack.  Her cerulean eyes were set in a cold stare at Daedalus, and she refused to blink.  That unyielding stare was the only posture she needed.

"Forfeit is still an option, Dark Queen."

As if she needed reminding.  Instead, it just goaded her into her assurance that this fight was necessary, so she shot back with an equally polite, but no less venomous reply.

" If you are willing to do so, I would gladly accept it."

His actions spoke about his thoughts on the matter, and the big brute launched himself at her.  A forward charge from the overgrown beast, typical.  Bracing herself, she appeared to be preparing to take the hit.  Closer and closer he came, with that wide maw that would grab and tear into her shoulder.  Then, at the last possible instant before his jaws found their mark, she dashed forward, and dropped almost completely to the sand, using the slightly slick ground to slide into his legs.  Him stopping in time with that much weight and momentum was impossible.  If she was successful in hitting his legs, which was highly likely due to her sudden proximity, she would attempt to trip him. Her aim was to use his forward momentum from his charge to cause him to stumble forward, possibly completely fall.

She knew this was going to hurt, but a kick to her shoulder was a lot better than teeth, so she took the chance.  Should he trip over her, the brute wouldn't have enough time to recover to make the grab for her hindquarters.  He would be busy trying to get up.  But Mercury had kept her paws under her, and would spring to her feet to go after him should he have fallen.  Her goal was to make this as quick as possible, so if he had landed on his face, Merc would leap on him and attempt to grab him by the throat, just under the jaw.  If she could manage this, she'd bite down, not to kill, but to strangle.  Her goal was to cut off the blood and air to his brain just long enough for the larger male to pass out.  If she could achieve that, she'd have her victory.

Taking into consideration that he might be a tad more nimble than she previously expected, Merc had a backup plan to her tripping attempt.  Should his counter to her possible leg sweep be to leap over her, she would lunge upwards as soon as his front legs cleared, going for a low blow, but one she had come to realize was fairly successful.  She would buck and use her shoulders to ram his ribcage, hopefully forcing the air out of him, while her teeth would simultaneously seek the tender flesh of his manhood.  She would only have an instant to grab him, literally, by the balls, before he went sailing over her.  It didn't bother the Dark Queen at all, back in Nardir she had been able to catch fish right out of the moving currents of the river.  If she could do that, she could do this.

His charge would make it impossible to stop and land on her, he had too much weight and too much speed for that, but that didn't mean he couldn't catch her with his back legs in either fall or jump.  Should she be either successful or unsuccessful with her grab, she would dart out between the back legs while they were still in the air, before he fell on her.  He could try to drop, but her buck would have thrown him off balance if he connected with her, giving her enough time to squeeze free.  If he managed to leap over and keep his masculinity intact, she would whirl on him and go for a grab of her own, but instead of going for the meaty haunch, she would go for the thinner part of his back leg.  A few worried tendons would make that leg real tender, and give her the advantage by reducing his speed.  She had to use her greater agility to take him down, because there was no way she was going to match his weight.

If she couldn't manage to land that hind blow, she would put some distance in between them.  The more space, the more she would be able to plan how she was next going to try and bring this boar of a wolf down.  Because that's how she saw him.  Big, heavy, with sharp teeth that could do some damage.  No hooves, at least.  And he couldn't gore her with tusks by ramming her with his over-sized head.  She counted her blessings on that.  Yes, he may be intimidating as a wolf, but at least he wasn't one of those mountain boar that had roamed Nardir.  The REAL Nardir.  And because he was not a mountain boar, she had a feeling she could take him.
~*~Mercury~*~

~Played by Scythetrill~

Offline Daedalus [Rp]

• Regular
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 06:24:47 PM »
Her slide was an unexpected one, but he guessed it should have been to be expected, seeing as though she had been immobile until he had gotten to a few inches til his teeth touched her flesh. His legs had been swept up from under him, and with a great oomph!, he collapsed, teeth and jaws clacking together as he slid a ways in the mud, face skyward as she leaped at him and her teeth locked tightly around his throat, not enough to kill, but enough to feel a great pressure on his airways. Daedalus strained against her, and eventually opened his maw, aiming for her throat as well, with the exact same intentions.

If he were to fail, he would flail his legs around, attempting to kick her  in the stomach, and throw his paws up with the intent of punching her in the throat to stun.
 If this should free him, he would roll over and throw himself onto his four, and after gathering his bearings, like she would need to after being stunned, the brute would run at her until a footstep away, and then raise his front legs in an attempt to 'wrap' them around her neck and shove her using both his momentum and weight. This would cause both to fall, and for he, hopefully, to end up over her once more, paws on her shoulder.

But, if this did not free him,  and she somehow dodged his 'punches', he would attempt to kick her again with both hind legs, and dig his claws into her teats and belly frantically, an unearthly rattle with an escaping breath coming from his closing throat, a last snarl of defiance from the demonic king.

His eyes had grown wide during the struggle, and his breath was failing him, the pressure from her jaws growing nearly unbearable. But he would continue to fight, and would not stop.

Not until he and Orielle ruled this entire effing land and the blood of their enemies painted the earth beneath his paws a deep red.

Attack #1 - Attempt to grab her throat while she grabs his.

Attack #2 - Kick her in the stomach, and 'punch' her in the throat with his paws.

Attack #3 - Shove her over by placing legs around her neck like this and using his weight and momentum.

Attack #4 - Kick her stomach and dig his claws into her teats and soft underbelly.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 06:44:22 PM by Daedalus [Rp] »
this house is clean baby
this house is clean

Offline ~Mercury~

• Regular
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 08:16:16 PM »
As soon as she grabbed a hold of his throat, she locked down and wouldn't let go.  Since she'd grabbed him just under the jaw, his attempt to grab her own throat was useless, his head was facing straight up.  She didn't even have to dodge as he snapped and struggled against her bite.  She pressed her ears against her head to avoid them getting caught by his front teeth, and hung on as he thrashed.  A growl vibrated in her throat, but she didn't loosen her grip, and she wasn't about to talk when she had him by the throat.

His front legs where practically windmilling, and she wasn't about to let anything distract her from her victory. She swung her hindquarters away from his paws, and out of reach. His front paws hit her in the shoulder instead of the stomach, and didn't even phase her.  Since he was on his side, she nimbly stepped around his head, out range of his flailing legs. She used her hold to twist his neck, which would it to contort around up and backwards.  It wouldn't break, she hadn't used a jerking force for that, but it was possible that he could strain a nerve and cause his own damage if he kept struggling.

Safely out or reach of his feeble attempts to free himself, Mercury kept her jaws tightly clamped around his throat.  As long as she held on he wouldn't be able to get out of her grip, and he would lose consciousness. His kick with his hind legs was now a mute point, since she wasn't even on the proper side of his body for him to reach her.  She ignored the kick entirely.  She could feel him begin to fade, and she wasn't going to let up until he fell unconscious and she had her victory. Nardir would prevail.
~*~Mercury~*~

~Played by Scythetrill~

Offline Daedalus [Rp]

• Regular
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 09:08:18 PM »
Her jaws held fast against his throat, and he realized through blotchy vison that flailing around just wasn't going to work.

As his head was uncomfortably and painfully twisted, Daedalus came up with a last resort as his lungs screamed for air and he began to feel faint. Lowering his free leg closer to his side, he quickly jerked it, aiming to hit her in the face. If it failed, he would keep trying until he felt her on his pawpad, and drag his paw on an angle so his claws raked her face until he found a slope and try to claw out her eye the best he could in this awkward postion. If he missed, he would keep trying until she backed off or her eye was gone.

And if she still didn't let go, he'd go for the soft tissue behind the eye.

If/when she let go, he would roll away, breathing heavily, bracing himself for her next move, and plotting his own sweet revenge on the bitch. His eyes would dart around for anything in the area thst he coukd use to his advantage, finding only trees and bush. He'd snarl a challenge at her then, ready for another clash with the Dark Queen, reassuring himself that she was the only false one here. That he was going to win.

Attack #1 - Reach his paw up and rake his claws down her face and try to hit her eye until she lets go.

Attack #2 - If he does remove her eye, then shove his claws into the cavity.

Attack #3 - Gather his bearings and await Mercury's next move.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 09:09:09 PM by Daedalus [Rp] »
this house is clean baby
this house is clean

Offline ~Mercury~

• Regular
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 10:14:57 PM »
He was persistent, she had to give him that.  Unfortunately, he was also very, very stupid.  Her bottom jaw was the one closest to his paws, while the top of her muzzle was pointed up by his ear on the opposite side of his neck.  While his claws may be able to scrape, they certainly were not sharp enough to take an eye.  So she ignored the scratches that hit her jaw and ran down her cheek.  The thorn bushes in her homeland could do better! Pathetic, arrogant fool.  She tightened her grip, increasing the pressure once more. He had to be running out of air by now.  She ignored the bits of fur that his claws managed to scrape off her face.  They would sting, but they weren't even drawing blood.

He didn't stop, but she took these hits as a desperate attempt of a loosing challenger.  With each strike he made she could feel his hits become less and less effective.  She was standing on the other side of him, so that his back was by her feet.  This took the effectiveness of his attacks away, and she wasn't even in any danger.  But she was getting tired of his persistence.  So, since she was already positioned for it from her repositioning around his head, she took a hind leg and kicked swiftly at his ribcage.  It wouldn't really do damage, unless he needed precious air in his lungs... but a sharp rap on his midsection should be enough to make him expel the last of the air he had at his disposal.  As soon as she hit she returned to all fours, keeping herself firmly on the opposite side of those flailing legs.  Give up already!
~*~Mercury~*~

~Played by Scythetrill~

Offline Daedalus [Rp]

• Regular
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 03:03:00 PM »
Time was something that was not on the brute's side as he felt himself grow weak. Her leg connected with his side, forcing a bit of air through his closed throat. He eventually stopped thrashing, eyes glazed over slightly, and came up with a last plan, seeing as though his claws didn't take out her eye as expected, and the bitch had not released her choke hold on the demonic King.

Using his last throes of adrenaline, he rolled himself onto his belly, turning his neck and head as well, since her teeth were not digging deep enough to cut him severely, he wouldn't have a rip in his jugular, but, most likely, rips and tears all over his neck from her teeth. His neck would ache and drip blood all over, but hopefully, he would be free. Panting wildly, he would glare at her with the eyes of a man too far gone into his own mind, taken over by the will to survive and conquer.

From there, he would rise to his feet the best he could with her mouth clamped on(if she persisted), backing up slightly, and would charge in her direction, teeth aimed at her left front leg with the full intention on latching on and using all of the force in his jaws[and paws to hold it down] to break it.
  If she had released, however, Daedalus would still run at her in a near-blind rush of adrenaline and power, with the intentions of barreling her over and snapping at her maw to capture it within his own. Upon the entrapment of that damned thing, he would twist his head roughly to and fro in order to grind his teeth into her smaller snout, mulching her flesh from above and below her jaw.

From there,[if she still stood] he would let loose a great snarl, blood mixed with saliva dripping in tendrils from his lips, and throw himself down onto the ground, attempting to drag her with him. Of course, tearing her nose to crap was A+ too. He did not once aim to kill, however. Even in his wild state, he had enough sense to keep her alive, to make her suffer. Once this was over, this wouldn't be the last of him around these parts, and he's make damn sure of it.
She was puny, weak. A disgrace. He, strong and fierce and worthy of every wish he harbored.

And he would get his wishes no matter what, even if it meant he had to eat his way through a thousand rotting corpses.

Attack/attempt #1 - rolls himself over (pretend this is a dog, but you get the idea) onto his belly, [skin ripping on his throat from her hold, not enough to cause serious damage, however] and pulls himself up onto his feet in an attempt to get her to release him.

Attack #2 - Aims to run into her if she's still holding on, and use his paws to hold her left paw in place as he tries to break her leg with his jaws.

Attack #3 - If she did release, he would try to use his larger body weight and mass to barrel her over onto her back, snapping his jaws over her snout as he did so. If his attempt at ramming her didn't work, he would grind his teeth into her maw

Attack #4 - Then slam into the ground and try to bring her with him, if that doesn't work, then his teeth would rip her snout and nose up pretty bad.
this house is clean baby
this house is clean

Offline ~Mercury~

• Regular
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2013, 11:52:05 PM »
She felt him begin to roll, and was surprised he had the strength left in him to even move, let alone attempt to stand.  She had a good hold, and wasn't about to let go now.  Setting her teeth, she yanked on his neck, attempting to drag him at an angle when he rolled, she circled, keeping a hold of his throat and using her hold and strength to swing his head back around to face towards his back again, away from his legs.  If he continued to try and stand up, he could possibly tweak his own neck into a sprain, and a sprained neck would be enough to put him out of commission.  If she was successful in that, she would keep him on the floor.

Assuming that he somehow resisted her weight pulling on his neck to move it, she would use her front paws to shove down on his shoulders when he tried to roll onto his feet, attempting to pin him on his side.  His strength was failing him.  He shouldn't be able to stand up. Even in an adrenaline rush, he shouldn't be strong enough.  Time... time... all she needed was a little more time.  A full minute without oxygen was all it took for the brain to start to suffer damage from lack of oxygen.  Two or three minutes before her opponent should lose consciousness completely.  He needed to tap out, and soon, if he wanted to survive, because she wasn't letting go until he was completely unconscious.  She refused to let go, and used her weight to try and hold him down.

If he did manage to get up, despite her two attempts to stop him, she would charge him as he backed up, attempting to wrestle him back to the ground.  She was lighter, but she was still breathing.  Her muscles wouldn't be crying out for air.  She wouldn't even be feeling the fatigue.  He could try to go for her legs, but she still had a hold of his throat, and where his head went, so did hers.  Easy enough to bend your body away when your head knew where it was going.  If he tried to go for a paw, she would just lift her leg to press on his neck, hoping to use that weight to shove his head down.  He wasn't strong enough to resist her, not without air.  He couldn't be.  Adrenaline or not, he would go down.  And she was going to be on him like white on rice until he passed out.  Merc had her jaws clamped and she was NOT letting go.
~*~Mercury~*~

~Played by Scythetrill~

Offline Daedalus [Rp]

• Regular
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2013, 08:08:21 PM »
Her teeth dug deeper into his neck as he rolled, and he met resistance from her trying to pull him to her advantage. Using his weight, he pulled against it, continuing his roll until her paws came into the mix, which he snapped at with a violent glee, jaws attempting to capture one of those delicate paws and crush it within his jaws. Either way, he still rose to his feet, paws on him or not.

He felt her charge and she backed up, and shoved back, but caring more about snapping one of her precious legs as he lowered his head and didn't give a eff about her shoving. His jaws snapped like dry wood in a fire. To him, it didn't really matter if he lost now, but he'd be taking one of her legs with him.

He'd keep shoving and snapping until he got a good hold on her leg, and then clamp his jaws shut tight, in an attempt to break the bone. She'd effing let go then, because three legs was a bit of a disadvantage when facing another who is desperate to get air, and would do anything to get it at that point.

She was going down, now or later. He preferred now, but later he could have a better plan, and make her defeat even more crushing.

- Shoved through her trying to turn him on his back.
- Snapped at her paws in an effort to get them away
- Got to his feet
- Is now desperately snapping at her legs to break one.
this house is clean baby
this house is clean

Offline vana.

• Leader
  • Hero
  • XVII.
  • Liked: 7532
  • Likes Given: 542
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2013, 09:43:22 PM »
This thread temporarily ON HOLD due to an issue brought up by the challenger. It will be locked once the marsh orgs. come to a decision. Thank you!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 09:45:15 PM by vanagandr. »

Offline [akante] [hiatus]

• 5ever with loverly.

• Hero
  • (「`・△・´)「
    • My status
    • etkri @ dA
  • Liked: 3166
  • Likes Given: 3084
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2013, 06:50:01 PM »
[[ the MO team has discussed the matter brought to our attention, and we have reached a conclusion.
we are calling the fight and declaring Nardir the winner, on the grounds that this is a consent fight and Daedalus has been in a choke hold, which is considered a fatal hold/move, for more than one round. congratulations, your grace period starts now.

any questions, concerns, or comments can be brought to anyone on the MO team, thank you. ]]

+ Tortuga! [pack]
+ commissions. [open]
+ le bin.
+ Dream Guardians.
+ activity updates.

+ rockin' ids since sept. 27th, 2007, 5:48pm~