Author Topic: Grell vs. Eiszeit  (Read 2535 times)

pride

Grell vs. Eiszeit
« on: May 22, 2013, 04:30:58 AM »
GRELL  vs. EISZEIT

This is a fight thread between Grell of Shiloh and Eiszeit of Sanguis Diaboi over land claimed as Sanguis Diaboi. This is a ONE versus ONE, SEMI-CONSENT fight. Each side may bring one supporter and witness to the fight - supporters/witnesses are not allowed to enter the fight at any time.

The marshland fight rules apply. Please make sure you have read over all rules regarding posting requirements on length, spelling and grammar. Please write your fight posts out as detailed and clear as possible. At anytime an organizer may lock the thread if a complaint is made that requires the thread to be reread. Unless an action by a fighter is deemed quite serious, each fighter may be asked to make corrections to posts involving vague/hard to understand statements within the post, autos etc. These are individually determined by one or more organizers.

Each individual has the right to edit their fight post any time within FIVE HOURS from the time they posted it. Any editing of a post after five hours without the okay of an organizer is automatic loss.

After these six weeks are up, a poster fails to post within the ten days, or a character dies, the fight thread automatically ends.

SPECIAL TERMS
- Shiloh can't challenge SD for land again if Grell loses.
- If Grell loses SD may attempt to take her as a slave.

This fight thread ends on JULY 3RD.

Offline Grell~

• Initiate
  • I'm your huckleberry.
  • Liked: 4
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Grell vs. Eiszeit
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 02:37:41 PM »
There is something uncannily odd about the sudden stalwart stilling under the signal of a battle's start. A cowgirl poised across the way with her hand hovering over her hips, somewhere in her mind a tumbleweed drags on by. And slow as molasses lips pulling tight over shining teeth. The yote watches with what seems a dismissive eye.

There might be a long silence, or their might not be.

But something breaks and down past the interest of intimidation Grell charges in a sudden and tellturn sprint and leap. Although her intent should be to go for throat -- and in second thought maybe Grant would be much better for this battle -- there is a last minute choppy lag where she ducks and smooths around in a half arch towards her opponents left quarters. Teeth aiming in a bickering tease towards the wave bone of tail. A attempt not to tear or dissect, but to tease with a sharp and embarrassing yank and hop away before it was returned. It may not be effective in the long run and it may not cause enough damage to detour recoil blows. But Grell isnt built for blind and raw take-downs. Not to a wolf or whatever subspecies-eiszeit-claimed. It would have to be mostly wit for this one.

She sure as hell had her job cut out for her, though.

But if her little tease attempt missed and she snaps her teeth on emptiness and air, dragging along limbs in a great struggle attempt to re-calibrate. Those teeth follow through in the same notion and energy to stretch further and go for whatever was in distance and reach. Instead of a raw yank this time it's a full out assault. Teeth hoping to snag and grope bouts of fur and skin and shake her head like some hellish pit bull. If it hit it'd deliver much more of a ''remember me by'' than the latter.

over the horizon.

played by: PLAGUE

Offline Donnern

•                  Warrior Zagan of SD
  • Regular
  • Mein Blut für mein Leute!!
  • Liked: 51
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 02:19:54 AM »
He followed close behind on her trail, careful to make sure she didn’t try any deceitful attempts. He'd also left enough space in case she came to her senses and tried to  run from this. But no, she arrived at the spot they had decided for the battle and waited for him. It wasn’t a long wait. He approached the edge head low, ears back and lips curled. His long tail brushing the ground, twitching like an angry cats.

Eiszeit wasn’t used to her species, but she was small. He didn’t know what to expect from her attack but a battle like this was one he had been in before, except he had been the smaller canine. He watched her closely, he half expected attacks like he had attempted in his past battles. Eiszeit was a tactician, and he wasn’t some boastful pup. He didn't underestimate his opponent.
There was no chatter from the Coyote, no yammering “I am better than though prepare to die” chit chat. That was done so it seemed.
Ah! A business lady, he preferred that.

She charged at him with no notice, probably trying to catch him unawares, but he was already prepared for battle. His ice coloured eyes watched her closely, his feet planted and his jaws opened in expectation. Recoiling and crouching, every muscle in his jaw, neck, back, legs and rump twitching, ready for the dance. Wait for it, wait till she commits. He let her come to him, close the gap, in close quarters he had the advantage. He half expected the charge to be a feint, after all that’s exactly what he would have done. His eyes and, subsequently, his whole head followed her movements, tracking her.
She didn’t disappoint him, her last second dart to his left told him the side attack was coming, and he finally took action. Letting lose all his pent up energy as he turned to meet her mid-curve like hunting a bird who was just flushed. Jaws wide to meet her on-coming muzzle. Grell had gone to attack his rump but in his attempt to side attack her face his rear end spun in a circle naturally away from her (spinning crescent or tail chasing effect). His counter attack attempting to catch her muzzle, sink his teeth deep and crush it. Make her weapons useless, but if she should flinch away, saving her jaws, his sideways lung at her would bring his open jaws on her face, ears, or neck.

A little kiss for the girlie.

If he connected with anything it would be a crunching bite and a shake or two to either loosen flesh or shake her senseless. On top of that his body mass would shove her over or down like a rag-doll. If she should twist and dance away from this frontal onslaught -avoiding him entirely- he would chase her with leaping bounds, attempting to keep her close, and whichever part he got closest to he would bite hard. As long as she was within range he would try to bowl her over and attempt to pin her under him.
If she danced away but continued to go for his rump, he would continue to counter with facial attacks spinning his rump away to face her with his teeth instead.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Actions:
Counter attack - Sideways spin and interception facial attack in response to attacking curved lunge at rear. Attempt at pin.
Second attack -  Chase and bite, attempt to pin.
Third counter - Continued spin interception bites as long as she continues to attack his rump, continued attempt at pinning.

- Lone hellion - Fallen blind king now using his dead brothers name.
Cold as Ice, proud hellhound of Winter.

Played by: Dragoil

Offline Grell~

• Initiate
  • I'm your huckleberry.
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 06:56:45 PM »
Every action warranted a reaction; to think she might have landed a hit upon first descent would have been arrogant and presumptuous. Eiszeth follows her attempt with a well placed one of his own. It's only momentum and the sway of movement that shucks her out of the way of his intent. Where she misses him entirely because he simply isnt there anymore, Grell is a crudely sketched mirror outline. He misses nape by the skin of his teeth. And the fiesty vaquera gives up smartly on pursuing his hind quarters and instead opts for a tactful retreat.

Eiszeit follows in a typical game of cat and mouse. Bounding after her in visceral growl and quake. Grell keeps him behind her at first, sprinting ahead just hardly avoiding snagateeth. But randomly, she arcs and a snap-quick turn. Going for face and eyes. The same way a snake turns on it's attacker, lunging with hackles raised and teeth sharp to pop sharp edges into eyes first -- and if that missed -- simply anywhere on his face. Lunging in vicious, abrupt, and blind throbbing attacks with the intent to not just draw blood but cripple. She could only hear her heart beating in her chest.

If those missed, and Eiszeit somehow predicted or managed to avoid the completely unnannounced turn of events. Then the moment her initial snap missed she'd go whirling and darting from his crescent and arms length (lunges distance?) Dancing away like a kid emerged in a game of tag.

Tag, you're it. Catch me if you.

----

* Eiszeits first attack misses entirely
* Grell instead of delivering a follow up, runs off with Eiszeit tailing, assumed he's tailing from
Second attack -  Chase and bite, attempt to pin.
* she turns around mid-chase and randomly and suddenly lunges for his face in a attempt to go for his eyes or face
* if that misses she p. much darts away again.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 06:59:25 PM by Grell~ »

over the horizon.

Offline Donnern

• Regular
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 03:29:03 PM »
He cursed her quick movements as he missed his marks, the few seconds of speed she had on him had saved her so far, but he was quickly adjusting. His pursuit had done little more than keep her on the defensive, and he had been intending if nothing else to tire her out as one would a rabbit in a petty hunt.
Then she turned on him.
At this point, of course, it was mostly instinctual reactions being dished out on the playing field. It was all split second timing and though he half expected her to eventually turn and defend herself, he had no warning as to when that was. All he could do was continue to snap at her rear, teeth exposed in savage snarl with his black lips curled back. He had yet to close his wicked swords on anything and so his mouth had yet to lock closed.

As such, his first reaction when she spun and lunged for his face was a semi-defensive raising and paring of weapons like a fencer would with an incoming lunge. He couldn't avoid the attack and so he met her open maw with his larger version in a wide, chomping bite instead. If she didn't somehow turn away, his teeth would clamp down on either her upper muzzle and crunch into her sinuses, or lower muzzle and crunch down on the tongue and jaw, if it became a sideways bite his long k9s would dig deep in jaw muscle, and if she should flinch away from such a clamp she would tear and maim said muscles making her bite weaker if not crunching bone. Of course this meant her own teeth would be around or in him as well mirroring his own bite, but his larger size and strength would probably dominate a sword clash of this type, he could take wounds for a win. Either way it would be teeth and mouth she met not those coveted eyes she had been going for.

If your so eager for a kiss girlie...

He had been in mid lunge at the time she lunged at him, this meant his momentum would be carried into her should she not miraculously somehow avoid all this. Whatever her movements, his momentum would be carried towards where she currently was, potently colliding with her, if so he would be attempting to pin her, and if his mouth wasn't busy with hers he would be attempting to bite and hold onto her wherever he could.

If she became some how darted away unscathed, his long claws would rake trenches in the hard earth as his head would snap around to follow her, his tail snaked to balance him. His impetus would be to chase after and keep her as close as he could once again. He had no intention of letting her gain distance between them or to attack him in more than a defensive manner. This time though he would be snapping for her hind legs and tail, anything to get a hold and or bleed the tricky little coyote and slow her down, she would tire eventually.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Grell's facial attack is meet with Eiszeit's instinctual counter attack teeth clash. This will avoid the bite to his eyes and instead have her clamp down on his mouth as he clamps down on hers. If they meet Eiszite's lunge will send him crashing into Grell.
2. Should that fail and Grell dodges, Eiszeit will be trying to snap and catch anything close to him as his own lunge sends him into, over, or past her.
3. Should all of this fail and Eiszeit is sent past her entirely, he will turn in pursuit and go for Grell's tail and legs with snapping lunges.

Offline Dragoil

• Hero
  • Dead inside
    • My status
    • Joanne Kimm
  • Liked: 502
  • Likes Given: 585
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 05:45:32 PM »
[[ cleaning ooc and condensing into this post. ]]
Wait,
This will avoid the bite to his eyes and instead have her clamp down on his mouth as he clamps down on hers

How is that possible? Also how could he open his mouth in time to overlap her's basically? I dont know why this looks weird but it kinda does? Could a moderator maybe make sure that's a okay move?
Hmm, it sounds to me that it would be a sudden spur of the moment defensive move. So to me the landing of the jaws (scenarios) wouldn't be too accurate but is possible. Since he reacted with a sudden bite of his own, I'd assume the targeted eye would be out of reach. At leasthat's how I'm seeing it. Eis can correct me or better explain it if I'm wrong. It looks legit to me but if you would like the team to review it then ill bring it to them
Please allow me to explain, as Dragoil will be absent for a couple days and I was the one who prepared and edited her post before she submitted it. If not I apologize for the intrusion.

Basically both the coyote and hellion are colliding towards each other, and Eiszeit out of instinct opens up his mouth to block the attack. This is a common move among canines, if you watch videos most of the time they meet each other with open mouths, so it makes sense that Eiszeit would do this. This protects his eyes because due to the frontal angle Grell is coming in, when Eis opens his mouth his maw moves upwards, hiding his eyes, kind of like a natural shield.

As for the dual mouth clamp, this comes into play when they shut their mouths down on each other. It gives Grell a chance to either:
A: bite on his lower jaw, or
B: bite on his upper jaw.
Since the height of her lunge was never determined, this is your choice to make. In turn, it was stated Eiszeit will bit down on the part of her jaw that inescapably ends up in his mouth (if she doesn't somehow evade).

I'd also like to respectively state that a hellhound's jaw size is roughly double that of a coyote's, so if Grell doesn't pick an up for down for her bite, and continues to sail straight forwards into his mouth, it's entirely possible for Eiszeit to clamp down on her entire face.

I hope this helps to clear up some confusion. The attack in my opinion is fully functional, and entirely realistic to a natural battle between canines.

Again sorry for the intrusion, just speaking for Dragoil since she's absent.
OH OKAY. that makes more sense. I was a little confused on that like "whaaa"
(( OOC: (bows to Purr)
OH I'm so glad that is all fixed, I typed up a rough draft last week on my reply then was surprised with a mini cruse, just got back last night. I had little chance to edit or proof that reply so sent it quickly to Purrocolypse to have a look. When I got in last night I checked how it turned out and noticed your post Plauge. Work has kept me from replying quickly so I'm very happy to see my intentions became clear, my reply would basically have been the same as Purr's. Enough said! If there is any other questions let me know I am back! :)  ))
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 01:53:47 AM by [akante] »

Offline Grell~

• Initiate
  • I'm your huckleberry.
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 12:39:27 AM »
Like swords they clash. Metallic clangs in the form of snapping sharp teeth. Precise (or maybe sloppy?) strokes and flicks of the wrist that send one sword spinning off into the dirt nearby. A beautiful disarm that might in another time and another place -- have been admirable from the horned devil. But she is a cowgirl; fitting the bill of much more of a gunslinger than a sword bearer and it shows in her rusty loose footing that's prepared to take bullets.

Eiszeit's jaws and size play to her disadvantage. He is admittedly far bigger than her and there is more mass. She taken aback by his will when they meet, and it's a overwhelming and obvious enough failure that it's easier to shift the direction of her bite and let him topple her over (stark legged and all into a alpha roll) then it is to attempt to hold her stand to him. His teeth leave nasty, but not deep, cuts of sliding skin across her lips and muzzle. And so - the first blood is drawn. But she hasn't the upper hand to deliver a vengeful return. Sprawling beneath him is easy and convenient and quite possibly saves her for a worse fate. Eiszeit is big yes, he head might be twice the size of her's, and where her size might have possibly condemned her it works sporadically to her advantage.

Barreling her over, she slides beneath him and between his leg's. He goes snapping for her tail and she turns and twist with him in some weird toe-to- toe dance. Maybe they juggle like that for a while, but eventually games come to a end (and the longer she stays the more she's subject to being caught) and teeth bright the coyote lunges for the inner sanctum of his thigh's. A else wise entirely personal and restricted area -- but he'd better be happy she hadnt gone tuck tail straight for his cojones.

She'd laugh about this later with Grant drunk on her great conquest story.

If her teeth hit their mark, rickshaw and shawshank, it's more of a crippling action than it is something as cute as the cuts around her face. A straight sharp lunge in entirely too close quarters for his back right leg, and if that failed the coyote was not below switching out tactics. Curving that head upwards to go straight for gut in a attempt to seriously injure (and not disembowel). But if both of those failed the first time, or the giant attempted to fall down on her and end their little dance around game -- Grell was out of there lickity split. Sprinting off and around yipping and hollering. The fighting spirit animating her bones.

She'd always been a bit of a good sport.

---

* Grell jerks her chin/head and Eiszeit's face attack clips her around the muzzle/face. Nothing important though like her eyes or nose. Just one-side muzzle blood and grit.
* At the same time he pretty much topples her over into a roll. With his momentum and movement it's not hard to see him throwing her into the ground and her being trapped beneath his legs.
* She goes for his back inner-thigh's while  beneath him. If that doesn't work she goes for his gut. If he tries to fall down on her she sprints from beneath him and runs off.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 12:43:56 AM by Grell~ »

over the horizon.

Offline Dragoil

• Hero
  • Dead inside
    • My status
    • Joanne Kimm
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2013, 09:05:36 PM »
((OOC: Um I hate to be a pest, usually I can work around things but I'm having a bit of trouble with some of the physics happening in your post Grell, placements and actions are confusing me and delaying my accurate reply, If possible could I get it clarified?

that it's easier to shift the direction of her bite and let him topple her over (stark legged and all into a alpha roll)
In shifting direction, is she pivoting in his mouth? I'm guessing ripping out of it?  If so is that impact causing her to pivot and change direction from head to under slide and how? I don't quite get how she avoids a chest impact or taking him out at the for legs sending them both sprawling, That's seamed more likely considering there front on collision placement but I
I'll ignore that for now.
Barreling her over, she slides beneath him and between his leg's.
I see this one as kinda doing a between leg slide like in base ball but if that's the case Eis would be basically leaping over her, to quote a friend:
when you have this happening:
--->>o->
<-o<<---
Where "o" is the object and "o-" indicates the front of the mass.
If she successfully gets under him while he's going over her, by the end of the lunge the placement will be:
-o        o-
NOT:
 o-
-o
If this is happening:
With his momentum and movement it's not hard to see him throwing her into the ground and her being trapped beneath his legs
Then his momentum would either have him naturally collapse on top of her or slide over her, if she is pinned under him that is.. he is lunging at her so he's in motion, he wouldn't be in some standing position by the end unless he leaped over her.
So that being said, Eis chases her tail again..(though if she pivots and slides wouldn't her head be where her tail is and there for closer?)
He goes snapping for her tail
as said here but this part confuses me if in in a slide and tail chase
and she turns and twist with him in some weird toe-to- toe dance. Maybe they juggle like that for a while, but eventually games come to a end (and the longer she stays the more she's subject to being caught) and teeth bright the coyote lunges for the inner sanctum of his thigh's
how is she getting underneath him again and going for the inner thigh as this says
She goes for his back inner-thigh's while  beneath him. If that doesn't work she goes for his gut
? Are they spinning like a ying yang sign and she chomps at his butt? In which case he could see and react, or is she getting underneath him some how and biting upward? Maybe another slide? Or was that attack done as she slid beneath him and he leaped over her? IDK If anyone can clarify things, it would help my muddled brain!!! ))

Offline Sukara (2 RPs)

• "Remember, whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."
  • Hero
  • Marshland's Mommy Organizer
  • Liked: 127
  • Likes Given: 586
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 04:35:14 AM »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
^In response to the quotes.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
^General step by step as to what hit/dodged from my pov

Overall, from what I'm following, everything seems legit. If you want plague to maybe draw out the positions or something for you so you can kinda see what we're seeing then that might help. Who knows, I'm pretty bad at explaining things so perhaps Plague can correct me or explain it better but as far as I can see everything was acknowledged and legit.

Also, just a small note Dragoil, I know you were just condensing OOC and whatnot for organization purposes but please leave that to the MOs since you are a fight participant. Youre not in trouble but I'd prefer that you just leave that to us.
Nevermind I see Akante edited your post. Disregard this
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 04:41:09 AM by Sukara (1 RP) »

Offline Brier.

• Hero
  • ----
  • Liked: 3767
  • Likes Given: 2689
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 03:40:23 PM »
^ Everything Sukara basically said in a nutshell.

If she became some how darted away unscathed, his long claws would rake trenches in the hard earth as his head would snap around to follow her, his tail snaked to balance him. His impetus would be to chase after and keep her as close as he could once again. He had no intention of letting her gain distance between them or to attack him in more than a defensive manner. This time though he would be snapping for her hind legs and tail, anything to get a hold and or bleed the tricky little coyote and slow her down, she would tire eventually.

And I looked over the fact he'd go after her only if she somehow got entirely out of that hold etc. I just read it as ''going after her regardless'' sort of thing. So if I could edit that little part out where they are doing that toe-to-toe dance that's fine.

Offline Dragoil

• Hero
  • Dead inside
    • My status
    • Joanne Kimm
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 04:01:41 PM »
(Claps!) Lovely! That's much clearer! Thank you Sakura that clarification was all I needed!
If you wish to Plauge it might read neater since that action was nullified but I'm not fussed now either way :)

Offline Donnern

• Regular
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2013, 01:13:53 AM »

It was ever so frustrating, was she an eel, a silky creature of more air than substance? He felt his teeth begin a bite in his surprised reaction to her attack. It had not been his intent to attack her face, she had just given him little choice but he had welcomed the opportunity. He felt his grip begin to happen; then she twisted as she realized her mistake and, disappointingly, like some dancer of the ordained spun her self from his snapping maw. He inevitably suffered a scrape or two on his lips as her sharp teeth twisted passed but it was very minor, he barely noticed. She was not unscathed, he tasted blood on his teeth but he had no time to savor it. They collided and he realized in the collision how light she was compared to his bulk, it surprised him further.

Oh, if he could just grasp this fae of a canine, she was elegantly using her light weight and small size to her advantage, his testing attacks had aided her further. Then again he had been enjoying the time to fight, a part of him had been enjoying it immensely, testing her and generally just having fun doing what he loved to do. The warrior had been cooling his heels far to long for his likening. He had not been in a rush to end the game.

She collapsed between his forelegs as his chest bowled her over and reflexively he snapped at her rear end, she twisted to avoid him and his awkward attempt at pinning her was to fast for him to think strategically thus he missed the thought (he was not used to being the heavy weight in a fight) to just drop on her. It was a fast struggle though and with his head down snapping at her rear he saw her body bunch and lunge for his own rear. He had no clue what she was aiming for but his male mind made an educated guess.

“OH FECIES”

It was then his eyes dilated in rage and he did what any male who was about to have his nether regions attacked did. He assumed he was about to get his man hood taken from him and swiftly tucked his tail between his legs. A typical reaction of any tailed animal, in an ordinary wolf this caused a fuzzy fluff that could cover ones vulnerable area. But In Eiszeit’s case it was like quickly sticking a very fuzzy boa between his legs, his tail length being almost cat-like. The length of it covering the small cavity of his gut and man parts with thick tail fur that was twisting and coiling like a snake. It acted like both a wolf’s tail and that of an angry cat.
This presented her snapping jaws not with tender inner thigh or belly but randomly writhing fuzzy confusion, she could snap down and rip out a mouth full of molting fur and if lucky skin, possibly nicking his tail as he had nicked her face or even if very lucky a portion of tail.

Regardless his mind screamed to get his vulnerable parts away from her fast and his second reaction (almost as instantaneous) was to hop away reflexively in a quick maneuver, getting his privates as far away from her teeth as he could. His rear end leaped upward as he pivoted on his forelegs, rear ones tucking in and protecting the inner thigh more by covering them with lower leg instead. He had hopped to his right side so his right leg landed first in his attempt to pivot away from her. Those same legs that were tucked up quickly were just as fast kicking down ward quickly in an attempt to skip sideways away from her. If she was unlucky he might catch her in the face as he kicked, he was not intentionally aiming for her though since he could not see her front quarter.

From a spectators view point it would seam he was trying to imitate a bucking bronco. Spinning to loose his rider or trample the rodeo clown unfortunate enough to be between his maddened feet.

Meanwhile his head was not staring at her stupidly, it was low still from his attempt to grasp her rear, and maw open in a vicious feral snarl as any male would react to any one going for his man areas. He had swung his head around his fore-paws to the left and was aimed for her right side, just in front of her back legs, if she dashed off he would possibly hit her leg as it passed, and more than likely draw more blood, if she was to fast it would be her leg tendons and ankles he would aim for, or if she was unlucky he might even catch her tail instead.

His intent was to try desperately to catch her, if he got a bite it would not be one to crush, or intentionally maim (though with his larger teeth and mass it would definitely do some damage any how) he would grab and throw her away in a reviled defensive reaction to the side of him, thrusting her as far away from his vulnerable area as he could. He did not want her head first under him, even in a pin; it presented her with too much opportunity. He would probably have more success in a hit if she had a hold of his tail or leg since then she would be stuck close to him within reach with her mouth occupied.

If she did go for his belly the only part uncovered from his tail would be closer to his chest area forcing her to turn back in a circle to do so and giving him ample opportunity as he pivoted to strike her.

At this point if she did run, managing to get away unscathed, or was caught and thrown, he would chase once again, this time with more serous business minded intent, maybe with the sting of pain fueling his blood lust. He would attempt to attack but this time his head and attacks would stay low, snapping at her feet, tendons, and ankles (tail only if it presented itself). His forelegs with longer reach than his jaws batting at her rear like that of a cat. Long dull claws attempting to catch and throw her down as he would chasing a jack rabbit, so as he might finally catch her.

He was beginning to attack her like prey now.

-   Eiszeit follows, head down trying to grasp Grell while she is under him thus seeing her body bunch in her strike, this warns him of attack though he has no exact clue of her target since he can’t see her face.
-   Tucks tail defensively and does a sideways rear pivoting jump to avoid attack to his vulnerable areas. Possible hit with a stray kick. This does presents a lovely opening for her to simply dash out from under him.
-   Attempts to attack Grell’s side, leg, or tail, simultaneously as he spins, trying to catch and throw her out from under him.
-   If she dashes away he will follow, attempting low attacks on her ankles and feet, with the occasional swipe with his fore-paws attempting to bowl her over again or slow her down.

Offline Grell~

• Initiate
  • I'm your huckleberry.
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2013, 01:05:15 AM »
It's a unfiltered and clumsy attempt at likely outraged snapping that by the grace of god has her avoiding him attempting to grab her tail. A lousy last minute shift of position that had her lunging at him the same moment he was bunching up and altogether avoiding her close quarter lunge, a tail that hadn't been thought to throw into the equation. Grell was baffled enough at her missed attempt that when Eiszeit jerk's off the ground naturally she's dazzled by the notion entirely. Dumbfolded enough that he successfully lands a accidental kick to the side of her head.

It clips her, and it's not hard enough to make her dizzy or elsewise crippled. But her ears ring for a second and her vision spots and he succeeds in quite literally knocking some sense into her. It's right back to the drawing board -- the vaquera keeping in mind she's got Grant somewhere near the borders waiting and a utopia future to fight for.

The kick is enough of a topple over and throw that she's not the same place she was before. Eiszeit snaps at where she was before mid-air and lunge and Grell takes that split second to get herself together. Rising to her paws with teeth that still shine just as bright and a grin that's just as wide as she avoids another of his counters - the one for her tendons. She's getting irritated - possibly discouraged with her consistent misses. He's done more damage to her even thinly, even though she'd been careful about the sway of her executions. But there are times for chastising herself and times to keep on. Until she was dead and a fur rug, she'd fight. Keeping at the same tactics she'd used her entire life.

She was done with trying to tango hip to hip, it was time for him to desire her.

And that he does, bravely dashing to keep up and easily closing the distance between them. She's fast and she's got endurance, but she cant outrun a hellhoud. However it's not until he's right at her heels - snapping and biting where her feet are catching - that she throttles and jerks in a sudden spontaneous movement. A cat being held by the tail -- fighting and snarling and turning just as she had earlier in a attempt not to meet him head on but to bite and rip into his leg's while simultaneously sliding under him. A trick she'd seen from a hungry fox stealing a meal. He would go biting for her tail perhaps or her legs, but the only way he'd land it is if she'd gotten a mouthful of his ankle and foot. Crushing it between her teeth in a far less friendly interpretation of her spirit.

This had to end.

over the horizon.

Offline Donnern

• Regular
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2013, 11:45:20 PM »
It was such a flurry of activity on his part, like a someone trying to get away from a bee. He felt the accidental kick collide with something but it was only his frenzied snapping and twist that revealed his opponent had been toppled away. His snaps narrowly avoided as she reared to let the chase began again.
Her lack of a hit had caused his pursuit to be more of an attempt to end the game rather than a blood rushed frenzy of anger. His head was still cool as he continued to calculate his attacks.

He knew he was following her lead, she was expecting him to do this chase and attempt at catch routine again and he was expecting her to turn and attempt to do something similar to her first surprise attack.

Like last time, he was snapping at her heels, his paw swipes were trying to bat at her legs and haunches, trip her up, and take her down. However, his head  was lower than before this time, so if she turned he would be able to lunge up at her throat should she have the misfortune to aim high. It meant the opening between his forelegs was not as available for her to slide between them. He thought he had all his bases covered.

It was a great surprise -however- when her quick (almost desperate seeming) attack aimed not for his eyes, face, or even simply to slide under him, but to turn and chomp down upon his slightly raised left paw. He had been about to take a swipe at her with it, and so it had presented a perfect target for her attack. It was a direct hit, no question, and had she been a dire he would probably have had his paw amputated by her force. Even if it had been another wolf the foreleg bone would have been broken  with an attack like this, but in her case she bit deep into flesh and muscle. His paws this time of year were one of the few places his thick fur had thinned enough to lose protection and it felt like he had caught his paw in a human leg trap. If she didn't let go right away to avoid his counter, he'd feel great pain as two of the smaller bones in his paw broke and the locking of her teeth gave his open maw a snarling howl of rage few voices could emulate.

The second part of her attack (to slide under him) would be blocked however, his head meeting the rest of her body with angry bloodthirsty teeth. His head low as he aimed for her shoulder and neck. The second she turned his target had changed from her hide quarters to her front.
If he hit, he would bite down and use the weight of his body to force her down with it. His right paw attempting to grasp and push her back to pin her there. If he caught a hold of her now -and she didn't immediately let go and spin away- he would bite hard on that caught shoulder and give a snarled warning for her to concede. It would be checkmate. The more she bit down and hurt his paw the more he would want to rip a chunk out of her.

This was not the first time someone had hit his forepaws. On both forelegs he had age-old scars that were now well covered by long white fur. He had hurt his paws in the past and should she let go, and some how spin away unharmed, he would tuck the wounded paw under him, with blood dripping from his black fur and chase after her on three feet.  His intent was to either chase her to the boarders or to run her till she tired, and his angry bloodthirsty snarls, as he chased her tail and snapped at her heels, would haunt any creatures' nightmares.

He wouldn't be so close though, both the lack of the use of his forepaw and a caution from two spinning attacks, would slow him from close quarters to more of a driving chase. More distance to counter and more turning attacks.

He was done with this game.
----------------------------------
1. Eiszeit attacks Grell's heels in low attacks, intending to slow, trip, or bash her down.
2. Grell turns to attack Eisziet and spin under him, the attack on his foot is a hit but his head is low, blocking her slide.
3. If she doesn't spin away he will clamp down on her shoulder/neck area and pin her with his body weight and unhurt foreleg, causing a stale mate as long as they are locked in each other's grasp.
4. If she lets go and spins away (causing the wound to pierce and gash his paw rather than break it) he will tuck it in and chase here again, more slowly and cautiously than before. Following her towards the boarder.

Offline Lorenzo

• Hero
  • HEXkat
    • My status
    • Sentrion
  • Liked: 1284
  • Likes Given: 1904
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2013, 03:26:14 PM »
OOC: Sup wit dis.
Poison Ivy Bowls Concede, to make me the Dog that Bites the Hand that Feeds.

Going to school full-time & Working a parttime job, will be SLOW. Fastest way to reach me is with Skype.
| BINPhotobucket | Designs + Commissions | Deviant Art | Huaxue-Shi AdoptsProfile Outlines |