Author Topic: Blitzblade vs. Mercury  (Read 7665 times)

Offline Sukara (2 RPs)

• "Remember, whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."
  • Hero
  • Marshland's Mommy Organizer
  • Liked: 127
  • Likes Given: 586
Re: Blitzblade vs. Mercury
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2012, 05:18:47 AM »
Quick question. The paw swipe, one that is going to disorient him, is it gonna hit and stick or is it actualy swipe that will hit him and then the other paw goes for the placement like the diagram?

I'm just slightly confused because in your post you put that she's aiming for his eye/ear to disorient him, and the opposite paw is used to hop forward (so I'm assuming it's the one on the ground), but the diagram shows the paw way further back then that. So is she swiping, hitting him, then using the paw she swiped with to push forward so she could place her other paw near his shoulder area?

Offline The Grim

• International Irish Cat
  • Hero
  • Top o' the mornin' to ya!
    • My status
    • DA Account
  • Liked: 233
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2012, 12:57:54 PM »
she basically bitch-slaps him in a quick bap-bap thing and then puts out a paw when he shoulder checks her.

Wow... there are NO good images of this.

So... Ponies!

She does that to his head.
Currently Scythetrill: Has no internet and won't be RPing.

Commission Me! l Chara Bin l Design Sales l Member of the BBA since Jul 21st, 2005

Offline Sukara (2 RPs)

• Hero
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2012, 01:56:12 PM »
Picture's not working for me.
So the diagram is IF he tries to shoulder check her or just in general?
Just wondering in case I decide for him not to shoulder check, I want to make sure I got the positions right

Offline The Grim

• Hero
    • My status
    • DA Account
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2012, 08:55:49 PM »
if he decides not to she'll have her paws on the ground until she has something to react to.

Commission Me! l Chara Bin l Design Sales l Member of the BBA since Jul 21st, 2005

Offline Sukara (2 RPs)

• Hero
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2012, 09:17:59 PM »
Ok so if he doesn't go for the body check, she's basically going to bitch slap him then attack the back of his head with both paws being on the ground?

This is why I'm confused on paw placements at what times
Mercury Attack 1 2/3 Combo: She would switch forelegs on what was hitting him, using her other leg to hop forward towards him, and then attempt a grab of her own to the back of his head by his ears.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 09:32:11 PM by Injured Sukara {To Do: 11 RPs; I:23rd; F:4th; B:8th; R:9th} »

Offline The Grim

• Hero
    • My status
    • DA Account
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2012, 09:35:02 PM »
while one paw is up batting the other is on the ground, sovshevalternates as she hops foreward.

Offline Sukara (2 RPs)

• Hero
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2012, 09:50:23 PM »
Ok so one paw up one down after the bitch slap and as she's going in for the bite?

Offline The Grim

• Hero
    • My status
    • DA Account
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2012, 10:30:29 PM »
idk, lol. I guess they'd both be down as she btes if she's not blocking the shoulder check

Offline Blitzblade

• Initiate
  • The Jaded Warrior
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2012, 07:50:42 PM »
The two faced each other once again, sizing each other up like they had done at the beginning. Blitzblade's features remained calmed, yet determined, as he stared at his teething baring opponent. He refused to let her see his pain, or any emotion for that matter, as blood slowly ran down his right elbow area. Thankfully his quick thinking, and her lack of experience, had prevented a serious blow that could've ended it all. Blitzblade could understand that her determination to win had influenced such an attack but, at the same time, it made him wary. He wished for a respectable duel, one where the two would use tactic and skill to best the other without permanently destroying one another physically. Blitzblade wanted to win just as bad as she did, but he didn't want to cripple her in the least. Did she feel the same? He had hoped, from their brief and respectable greeting, that they had an understanding. Regardless Blitzblade had been impressed by her for standing against such a larger beast and fairing quite well in doing so. Perhaps, if an alliance would ever be made between the two, the Dark Queen could share her courageous spirit with his grandpups.

With such knowledge, spirit, and practice, he would have no doubt that they would become great leaders. Anyway, back to the matter at hand, Blitzblade made his move to bite at the female's chest. As he suspected, Mercury would dodge such an attack but not in the way he'd thought she would. Before he knew it, she had swung her littler frame from his jaws and began swiping. Right as his head turned to face her, Blitzblade was taken back when he got bitch slapped by her paw. This definitely caused him to be disoriented for a second, but it wouldn't keep him stunned for too long. After briefly getting slapped, as her jaws were coming down to hit their mark, Blitzblade's already lowered frame would move forward. However having being disoriented for those mere few seconds made it impossible for him to be able to fully get out of her grasp. Instead of her jaws hitting the back of his head, by his ears, his movements had altered her aim last minute to where she got the back of his neck, by his back shoulder blades. As he had moved forward, his torso twisted slightly as he twisted his head towards her.

Large jaws parted as they aimed to snap down on the flesh of her left side breast area, where chest and limb met. Given the timing of it all, his jaws would probably make contact roughly around the same time as hers did on his neck. If somehow he didn't get the area he had hoped for, the massive jaws had no problem attempting to claim any part of her left side. Given their position, any part he'd get a hold of would be painful. Should his jaws make contact, which was highly possible given the fact that they were so close and she had a hold of him, Blitzblade would merely bite down and grind his teeth to add more damage and pain until she submitted. Not only was his attack meant to cause damage but it was also meant to prevent her from doing too much. Should she thrash about, to cause severe damage and pain to his neck, then her movements would only cause more damage to herself because of his own jaws being attached to her frame as she moved. This, once again, would put the two in another compromising decision. Blitzblade was determined not to let her go, no matter what part of her that he had got.

Attack 1 1/2 Combo: Large jaws parted as they aimed to snap down on the flesh of her left side breast area, where chest and limb met If somehow he didn't get the area he had hoped for, the massive jaws had no problem attempting to claim any part of her left side.
Attack 1 2/2 Combo: Should his jaws make contact, which was highly possible given the fact that they were so close and she had a hold of him, Blitzblade would merely bite down and grind his teeth to add more damage and pain until she submitted

Attack 2: Should she thrash about, to cause severe damage and pain to his neck, then her movements would only cause more damage to herself because of his own jaws being attached to her frame as she moved

Played By Sukara
Temporarily Played by Skystrike

Character Belonging To Jessele

"Come, we mist tell th' ithers o' this event 'n' keep thaim awa' frae th' borders fur thair safety. Ainlie then kin we prevent anither tragedy lik' this frae happening again."

Offline ~Mercury~

• .: Action is the real measure of intelligence :.
  • Regular
  • Brave Alphess of Nardir
  • Liked: 12
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2012, 09:42:09 PM »
Mercury didn't get the high bite she'd hoped for, but that was how life was.  Instead, she swung with him, as he arched his body she shoved in with hers. While it twisted her body slightly, it also kept her chest away from his jaws, thus making his bite miss her chest, grazing the outside of her shoulder in a stinging scratch.  She was also biting more forward than perpendicular, changing the angle of her bite as she twisted to her new position in response to his.  This put her right shoulder into his, beyond the range of flexibility in his neck. Using her free left paw, she swung it up to get higher leverage on his neck.  Since he was in her grip, there was very little chance he would have the full range of movement in his neck to dodge her, but it wasn't as though she couldn't try again if he managed to dodge her "hold" the first time.  If she was successful, she would use it as a secondary point to shove him downward.

Considering success, Mercury would begin shifting her weight onto that forepaw, shoving down at an angle so as not to come into reach of Blitzblade's jaws any more than she had to.  Her goal was to force his head down, making him bow, if not completely lie down underneath her.  If she couldn't manage the shove, she'd settle for pulling downward on his shoulders.  Her goal was to use her weight where he couldn't brace, making him off balance and more likely to topple from his higher center of gravity.  Mercury knew his size was the most she had to contend with, and did her best to use it to her advantage whenever possible.

Where she stood her right shoulder was practically shoved into his left "armpit", more of a defensive move against snapping jaws than anything, but that didn't mean she didn't have pressure on it.  If she had to, she was going to pull him with her jaws and shove with her shoulder, keeping him bent and off balance.  Even if he ripped free from her bite, which was good enough that she would have hold of more than just fur, She would just shove harder into his side and ribs, hoping to knock him over as he attempted to attack her.  Her entire goal was to do as many unbalancing moves as she could, just to keep him on his toes.  If he spent all his time reacting to her, it was all the less time he had to formulate his own strategies.

All things considered, Mercury wasn't doing too badly in her third fight ever.  She was giving it her all, using both conventional and unconventional tactics to achieve victory.  Some may call it "dirty fighting", but to Mercury, anything that gave her the upper hand was a tool to be utilized.  In the case of her earlier "nut shots", she was simply taking advantage of the fact that Blitzblade's reproductive organs were on the outside, while hers were on the inside.  She was fighting for Nardir, and that meant more to her than anything else.

Attack 1 1/3 Combo: Using her free left paw, she swung it up to get higher leverage on his neck.
(The following will will also apply to Alternate Attack 1 1/3(b), should Attack 1 fail)
Attack 1 2/3 Combo: If she was successful, she would use it as a secondary point to shove him downward.
Attack 1 3/3 Combo: Considering success, Mercury would begin shifting her weight onto that forepaw, shoving down at an angle so as not to come into reach of Blitzblade's jaws.  Her goal was to force his head down, making him bow, if not completely lie down underneath her.

Alternate Attack 1 1/3(b): (Only applies if Attack 1 Fails) Since he was in her grip, there was very little chance he would have the full range of movement in his neck to dodge her, but it wasn't as though she couldn't try again if he managed to dodge her "hold" the first time.

Attack 2 1/2: If she couldn't manage the shove, she'd settle for pulling downward on his shoulders.
Attack 2 2/2: Her goal was to use her weight where he couldn't brace, making him off balance and more likely to topple from his higher center of gravity.

Attack 3 1/2:If she had to, she was going to pull him with her jaws and shove with her shoulder, keeping him bent and off balance.
Attack 3 2/2: Even if he ripped free from her bite, which was good enough that she would have hold of more than just fur, She would just shove harder into his side and ribs, hoping to knock him over as he attempted to attack her.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 02:59:36 PM by ~Mercury~ »
~*~Mercury~*~

~Played by Scythetrill~

Offline Sukara (2 RPs)

• Hero
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2012, 11:07:50 PM »
Wait so how is it, when he'd be most likely to connect his bite around the same time as she would, was she be able to successfully bite him and completely swing her body out of his range? That makes no sense to me. You said shed be going in for the bite, even your graph shows,  in a right angle fashion. He's not even moving his body forward or twisting the torso that much, hence the word slightly, more like he's turning his head to the left to bite down at the designated chest area (or any part of her left side) around the same time as she is. Theres no way she would be able to successfully bite and think, let alone react, that fast to where shed be able to twist to a whole 75 degree angle.

I could see if she ditched her initial attack on the neck to do that, in which she can attempt it again after her new placement, but otherwise its seems like back peddling to me. I just don't understand how she could move that fast when I specifically put he'd move forward slightly, enough to make her bite to the top of his neck change to the bottom, and twisting his head to bite her chest around the same time. You had her at a specific position when she went in for her bite. To have her bite connect yet her be fast enough to completely twist around to miss his jaws, that are snapping around the same time as hers, doesn't seem logical :/

Offline The Grim

• Hero
    • My status
    • DA Account
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2012, 11:28:40 PM »
It's not so much she twists all the way around as kinda a half-angle thing.  Like, as she lunges, one shoulder is more forward than the other, so her head comes in at the 75°.  She's bent a bit when she hits, because he's lunging forward.  Her butt is still moving forward at the same angle.  Like... say you're running into a door or wall, do you slam straight on with your face, or do you angle a shoulder to hit it?  Shoulder.  Take that as an example.  Shoulder moves in, head changes direction because of shoulder/clavicle placement, but her butt still moves forward.

Offline Sukara (2 RPs)

• Hero
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2012, 11:44:32 PM »
But in your post before this last one you weren't specific on that, so to change the angles and all that in this last post is back peddling imo. It's like being vague in one post and the next one here comes all these certain angles, details, and stuff that you're altering in at a past moment and that's what I don't find fair or logical.

Offline The Grim

• Hero
    • My status
    • DA Account
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2012, 11:49:57 PM »
Even if she hit straight, rotating one shoulder back to twist away from jaws would bring the other forward.

Honestly Sukie, I'm tired and sick atm, can I take some time tomorrow to map this out for you?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 11:51:23 PM by Scythetrill »

Offline Sukara (2 RPs)

• Hero
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2012, 12:03:53 AM »
I get the movement, I'm just saying that his attempt for the chest area would connect around the same time, if not mere seconds after hers, so I just don't see how her attack hit yet she was able to completely miss his jaws if they're happening around the same time. Not to mention he's low enough to where all it would take is a simple twist of his head to the left to access the area he's aiming for. You're mentioning angles and stuff but the fact of the matter is is that those angles and such werent mentioned in the post where her attack to his neck was attempted so to say they're there now just seems back peddling to me.

If you're sick and tired sis then don't worry about it right now, I don't want to force you to deal with something you're not wanting to atm. I was just bringing up my concern. It's basically a timing thing and your reasoning of justifying the dodge is using angles and stuff that weren't implied in the actual post the initial attack was attempted.