Author Topic: Acinaces vs. Blitzblade  (Read 3558 times)

Offline Scratch

• Hero
  • your favorite Cheshire grin
  • Liked: 2755
  • Likes Given: 1915
Acinaces vs. Blitzblade
« on: March 13, 2012, 05:41:22 PM »
This is a fight thread between Acinaces of Gehenna vs Blitzblade of Almas Rotas over all land currently claimed as Almas Rotas.

This is a 1 on 1 fight. Each side may bring one supporter and witness to the fight.  This Supporter/Witness are only to watch and are not allowed to enter the fight at any time.

The marshland fight rules apply.  Please make sure you have read over all rules regarding posting requirements on length, spelling and grammar.  Please write your fight posts out as detailed and clear as possible.  At anytime an organizer may lock the thread if a complaint is made that requires the thread to be reread.  Unless an action by a fighter is deemed quite serious, each SIDE/TEAM may be asked to make corrections to posts involving vague/hard to understand statements within the post, autos etc.  These are individually determined by one or more organizers.

Each individual has the right to edit their fight post any time within FIVE HOURS from the time they posted it.  Any editing of a post after five hours without the okay of an organizer is automatic loss.

A fight thread automatically ends when one character dies, when a thread has been up and active up to six weeks, OR when one fighter on either side fails to post within exactly 10 days of the last RP post.

This fight is CONSENT, meaning individuals may not maim and/or kill without permission, may the best fighter(s) win!

For organization purposes, this fight's six week limit ends on April 24th.

burn what you need of me,
I'll give you a fire to light your soul
to be your coal when you need it

Offline Acinaces

• Initiate
  • We're all in this alone.
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Acinaces vs. Blitzblade
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 03:47:55 PM »
This was her time.

The she-wolf took in a deep breath as she padded into the area defined for the battle - a flat open clearing near the borders. It suited her request perfectly and Ace felt a twinge of thanks for the nameless Alpha she had negotiated with. However, positive thoughts about the enemy would increase her guilt, and guilt was something Acinaces did not need. With head held high and eyes and auds on the lookout for her opponent, Acinaces stopped a foot into the clearing, making sure to keep her weight firmly grounded. Her blood was pumping, her paws light on the ground.

She felt as if she could fly.

Ace rolled her shoulders, working her muscles to ensure they wouldn't cramp during the fight. Though death would not be the outcome (she still had a shred of honour, Phoenician or not), Acinaces was preparing for the worst. There might be some accident, and then where would she be? Best to over-compensate than end up a rotting carcass.

And maybe, just maybe, her father up there -Heaven, was it?- would be proud of her. Proud of her, despite her gender, for daring to do something different. The wolf had no knowledge of Quillette's attempt, just before her own, and so felt a certain satisfaction at being the first to try something new.

Sister, you can only fall where I will rise. Schrei was wrong.
#B272A6
profile || bin
Played by Tang February 26th, 2012

Offline Blitzblade

• Initiate
  • The Jaded Warrior
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 07:02:24 AM »
[Sorry for the wait. I expected to post sooner but I had a busy weekend and then I caught the flu. So here it is, let me know if you need help understanding anything. Fighting parts start after the (---) mark][/glow]

So it seemed that now was the time to fight for the land which belonged to Almas Rotas. To the outside looking in, they were but a small pack that many deemed weak because of their peaceful presence in the chaotic world that was the marshlands, However, although they were small, Almas Rotas was anything but weak. Within its borders laid the unbreakable bond that was the establishment of their family. Whether related by blood or not, the small numbers residing in the pack was made up for by the strength and love for one another. One rather preferred a small number of followers, dedicated to protecting another life besides their own, then a large number of followers without such an Oath. Although there were many struggles and threats ahead, which resulted in great gains and heartbreaking losses, the group faced it together. That was what Taramo had fought to provide and, with his son taken from home, that was exactly what Blitzblade would fight to maintain today. Even though he could honestly say, with the many unpleasant experiences he’d been having since the lifestyle change, he was doing this for his family instead of the land and power.

When approached by his Granddaughter Vossa, Blitzblade could tell something wasn’t right. She was usually one who was full of joy and happiness, but lately her feature showed anything but. Many, if not most, were affected by the news of Taramo’s capture. The young brute’s family suffered many emotions that were hard to control, but they had to remain strong for one another. Blitzblade was lost in his own emotion when Vossa had announced that an intruder was amongst them, challenging them for the land. The large brute merely turned to face his Granddaughter before giving her a reassuring nuzzle. Blitzblade couldn’t promise a win but he would try, with every ounce of strength, to make sure they would not suffer yet another loss. Hopefully, should the worst happen, he hoped that everyone would understand that. Blitzblade wasn’t one to think negatively, he was merely a realistic being who knew that life didn’t always go the way one wished it to. With one more brief glance, Blitzblade set off towards the Northern border. That was where there was a wide clearing, fit for an honorable battle without distractions.

Within due time, Blitzblade exited the trees and into the clearing about ten feet or so to his challenger’s left. Jaded green eyes locked onto his target as he slowly made his way towards his opponent, head and tail raised with a feral show of dominance. Blitzblade planned on negotiating, trying to find any possible way to avoid unnecessary fighting and possible death, but at any time should the female choose to cut him off and go straight into battle then he’d refrain from speaking and react accordingly in a defensive manner. "I am Blitzblade, Lord ay Almas Rotas an' yer opponent in thes battle." Blitzblade spoke with his Scottish accent, as he steadily made his way towards her. "i hae nae doobt 'at ye an' Ah ur fightin' fur a similar reason, tae provide uir ideal haem, but Ah am an honorable warriur fa disnae believe in unnecessary bloodshed ur death." He continued on, still quite a distance away from her. "So Ah ask ye only ance, frae a body Lord tae a Lady, choose anither islain tae establish yer haem an' Ah will be willin' tae negotiate an alliance." Blitzblade offered, hoping that she’d take interest. If not, oh well, at least he’d make sure they still had a Alpha like understanding of one another.

---

"It is unfortunate 'at fate hud chosen us tae battle the-day. but alas, main th' best fighter win." Blitzblade said with a respectful nod. By the end of his talking, assuming Acinaces didn’t cut him off sooner with an attack and turned to her left to face him, the two of them would be but a foot apart. If there was no other solution besides fighting, Blitzblade would make his move. With a brief launch, his chin tucked to protect the valuable flesh of his throat, the 175lb male hoped to crash his large frame against her smaller one. Of course, since the distance wasn’t much between them, a hit wouldn’t be enough to necessarily send her stumble backwards but just enough to have her possibly lose some balance. It was more of one part of his three part attack. During his attempt to clash their bodies, Blitzblade would attempt to wrap his jaws across the top of her muzzle. Not wanting to seriously harm the female, by biting hard enough to break the top half of her muzzle, he would only use enough bite force to cause severe pain but not enough to destroy one of her senses permanently. If he got a hold, he’d thrash viciously until she gave in or unfortunately there was nothing left of a muzzle to maul anymore.

Assuming the female would find some way to dodge, with a brief jolt to either side or backwards, Blitzblade wouldn’t hesitate to follow and once again attempt to bite her on the face. Anywhere would be suffice but his main aim was near the sensitive eye area. Again he wasn’t going for the lethal blow, such as completely gouging her eye out, but he was still aiming for the area just surrounding them. Whatever he got a hold of he would yank away, hoping to tear some flesh. Regardless if his second attempt at the face failed or hit, Blitzblade would immediately sprint back briefly before preparing himself defensively. He didn’t want to bring pain and blood to anybody, especially those who merely shared the same intentions, but alas there was no other way. There were times when fighting was necessary and sadly, when it came to the marshlands, that happened quite often. Eventually time would age him to the point where he wouldn’t be able to keep up with such constant wear and tear and hopefully, by then, there would be a much younger yet qualified individual to take his place. But enough of the inevitable way of thinking, now was time to focus on successfully defending the place in which many peaceful being called home.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 07:28:02 PM by Heartbroken Sukara {To Do: 9 RPs; F:14th; S:27th} »

Played By Sukara
Temporarily Played by Skystrike

Character Belonging To Jessele

"Come, we mist tell th' ithers o' this event 'n' keep thaim awa' frae th' borders fur thair safety. Ainlie then kin we prevent anither tragedy lik' this frae happening again."

Offline Acinaces

• Initiate
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 10:16:35 AM »
As the male approached, Acinaces settled for ignoring his words and  concentrating on keeping him in view. Hindquarters twisting, chest following after, Ace first lined up opposite to him before padding backwards slowly, keeping pace with Blitzblade without getting too far away. But Ace paused through her moving, so by the time the two were done moving and Blitzblade was letting out his final words, they were the intended one foot apart.

Ace kept her eyes on him, feet light on the ground. When the massive Blackblood jerked towards her, Ace waited until the last second before carefully slipping out of the way, a few inches to the right, using her smaller bulk to her advantage. The miss was narrow, with Blitzblade nearly clipping her, but it was enough. They were still face to to face, though, and as Blitzblade immediately went for Ace's muzzle, the girl twisted her head to the right, the movement jerky with surprise, feeling teeth score across the middle of her muzzle but ultimately the grab failed. It stung, but it was mostly a flesh wound and would stop bleeding soon. She could bear it.

Again, as her opponent went for her face, Ace ducked down quickly, using her former movement to slip under Blitzblade's reach, and launched an attack of her own. Teeth could still scrape over her scruff or head, but at least her face was out of danger. Jaws would gape open, Acinaces driving her even closer to her enemy even as her jaws would aim to grab the loose skin of the male's neck or chest. Her bite was strong but held back, not aiming to do more than tear the skin and provide Blitzblade with a painful wound.

Hopefully he would not begin to move yet, but should Blitzblade begin moving backwards anyways, Ace would immediately let go of any hold she had or didn't have and would let her enemy retreat. According to the rules of the fight, Ace could not kill him, but she could certainly try to mess him up enough he would not try to fight her again.

Now, if Blitzblade stayed and Ace's attack hit, she would snap her jaws shut firmly, trying to sever the skin and fat, before jerking her head back sharply, intending to tear the flesh painfully. If Acinaces missed him, she would attempt to disengage them before they got too close, the girl trying to step back at least five or so feet.

But should her enemy move, Acinaces would let go and she would step backwards, again to around five feet should she manage it, though less hastily, eyes wary and kept firmly on her opponent. Her body was warmed up, muscles loose and ready to react to any attack this wolf could throw at her.

She would not fail Gehenna.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 04:53:02 PM by Acinaces »
#B272A6
profile || bin

Offline Scratch

• Hero
  • your favorite Cheshire grin
  • Liked: 2755
  • Likes Given: 1915
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 04:45:41 PM »
Ok, I'm sorry to be a bugger but I'm confused on a few things.

1. I need you to explain exactly how your character dodged. Not saying it isn't possible, I just need further detail such as which direction. Was it side jump or a quick side step? These movements are crutial for me to know so I can post without confusion.

2. I'm confused as to how my character was able to scrape over your scruff when he's aiming for the muzzle. The brief chest bump wouldn't lunge himself forward enough to where his muzzle would be parrallel with scruff. Being a foot apart, even if she dodged by moving to the side, the two would be in a position where their muzzles would be parrallel once he landed and attempted the muzzle attack.

3. Also you mentioned somewhere in your post, due to your last minute dodge from the chest bump, that "The miss was narrow, Acinace's fur rustling from the wind of Blitzblade's passing, but it was enough.". Again the slight chest bump wouldn't move him forward that much, perhaps just closing the foot of distance between them, which isn't much. So I don't see how he would go past her. And, say it was possible, if he was passed her then how would she be in range to go for his chest area if she's on either of his side, ducked, and he was passed her? I'm just confused on how he was passed her enough to get the top of her scruff but she was in the position to go for his chest.

4. My second attack, which would be attempted if she dodged the first one, needs to be acknowledged. The part where he stated he was going for the face again, this time aiming for the eye area but being happy with just getting anything. Regardless of how she dodged the first attack she's still in range for him to attempt the second. So it needs to be acknowledged please.

So problems 1-3 I just need explaination on, either OOC or you can edit it in ICly, and 4 will probably require an edit since it wasn't acknowledged.

Sorry for causing problems so soon into the fight, Sukara.

1. A quick side-step - she moved just far enough to the side that Blitzblade's attack missed.

2. I can edit that part out since it wasn't important, but I think what confused us is that that's mentioning Blitzblade's second attack, not the first. If I need to edit in the second half of the first attack (which I think I do? I think I wasn't sure whether or not it would happen if Blitzblade missed the ram). So, that probably means that 4 isn't relevant anymore since I did mention Blitzblade's second attack, but not his first.

3. Again, I can edit that part out since it wasn't my intention to say Blitzblade moved past her - the rest of my post is based on Blitzblade still being in front of Acinaces, so that more of a confusion on my part.

Just for my own reference and hopefully to explain things better, I think this is how I meant for it to go. I'm sorry but I'm not the most experienced fighter, so a lot of this is just not detailing it enough.

- Blitzblade tries to hit Acinaces' chest, which she dodges by side-stepping, just enough that it misses but not enough that there's any large change in position.
- Since I thought Blitzblade's first face attack was nulled by Acinaces' dodge, so I can and will add this in if it is required.
- Acinaces' uses her smaller size to duck under Blitzblade's head and attempts to go for his chest/neck (only trying to grab the skin), which means that his second attack to her face either misses or hits at a different spot depending on your reply.
- If Blitzblade dodges either by moving back or actively dodging, Acinaces will stop her attack and move back as well. If she does hit, she'll try to bite through the skin before moving her head back, trying to tear the skin.

Otherwise, I will try to make my posts have more detail from now on.

Oh no, no problems at all Tang. Just a bit of confusion that needed a brief clearing up is all.

1. Sidestep, got it, do you have a specific direction though? To her left, or right, ect. Since she turned to face him, the tree clusters would be to her left and the clearing would be to her right, since they're only a foot in the clearing they're still rather close to trees and still have plenty of ground of clearing area to fight.

2. My 4th concern is still valid, since it's a seperate attack which would be executed if he missed the first (which was a combo). I'll break it down at the bottom of this post, like you had, so you understand it better. But yeah, probably want to edit that part out since it was just confusing.

3. That's what I figured, I just needed clarity. Thank you, this is solved.

The Breakdown. (from my pov)
-Blitzblade did a brief chest bump, closing the foot distance, while immediately after attempting his attack to wrap his jaws across from the top of hers to mangle it.
-She side stepped, thus dodging the chest ram, and ducked (which I thought was to dodge the muzzle attack but you thought was to dodge the eye/face attack) thus dodging the muzzle attack.
-If his first attack (combo) was dodged, which I assumed with the sidestep and duck maneuver (we just realized the attack confusion there), he'd then go after the eye area of her face but being suffice with whatever he got on her face besides that.
-Then of course, her attack to his chest/neck

So basically all that needs edited/fixed is that one of the attacks that weren't acknowledged needs to be. For example, if the ducking was to dodge the muzzle attack (like I thought) then the eye/face attack still needs acknowledged. If the ducking was to dodge the eye/face attack (like I think you thought) then the previous muzzle attack needs to be acknowledged. Does that make sense? Once that's edited then everything should be gravy since the rest just needed brief explainations.

If I get the okay to edit, I'll go ahead and acknowledge the first muzzle attack as well as fixing the details in my post. As well, Acinaces moved farther into the clearing, so to her right, though I think it was less than a foot of movement.

I'd give you the go ahead but I don't have MO jurisdiction when I'm in a fight, though I'd still trust you to make the edits I suppose it would be best for the go ahead from another MO first. Just in case. Oh no, when I mentioned the foot thing it was in regards to your entry post when you stated that Acinaces stopped a foot into the clearing.

"With head held high and eyes and auds on the lookout for her opponent, Acinaces stopped a foot into the clearing, making sure to keep her weight firmly grounded. Her blood was pumping, her paws light on the ground."

Not that she sidestepped a foot to the right. Again, sorry for the confusion XD

Reiterating the a-okay to edit.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 04:47:22 PM by Corgwyn »

burn what you need of me,
I'll give you a fire to light your soul
to be your coal when you need it

Offline Acinaces

• Initiate
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 04:53:36 PM »
edited!
#B272A6
profile || bin

Offline Blitzblade

• Initiate
  • The Jaded Warrior
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 09:54:55 PM »
Unfortunately Blitzblade’s words would go unheard as the female turned to face him before backing up slowly. As much as he wanted to take that as her backing out of the fight, he had a feeling he was wrong when she made no attempt to speak. So it was what it was. The brief chest to chest thrust had no affect as the female side stepped a few inches towards the clearing, her right which was his left, just barely missing her. Blitzblade had wasted no time going for the muzzle attack, his torso twisting with the movement of his jaws so that if he had gotten a hold of his desired target he’d have the leverage to twist in order to mangle as planned. This would place them at a right angle versus face to face. Blitzblade mentally cursed as he was unable to get a good hold of her maw, but at least he was able to get some kind of wound in. He’d waste no further time dwelling on it as he immediately went for her eye area, which jaws would merely scrape the top of her head when she ducked out of his view. Blitzblade quickly made his attempt to spring back, which he would’ve done if he had or hadn’t gotten her eye area, but he’d soon realize he wasn’t quite fast enough.

Now given the fact that she was directly under his head, and the new ‘right angle’ position which put his chest to her left instead of right in front, she wasn’t in the position to grab the center area of his chest or neck without awkwardly twisting her head to the left. However Blitzblade would soon learn that it didn’t mean her attack was completely foiled. He felt a pain on the left side, right where the shoulder met the neck, where her jaws had landed. Luckily with his start to spring back away, which was ultimately stopped once the grip was established, had made it so Acinaces had her grip of loose neck skin but nothing more then a small bit of it. Blitzblade snarled in reaction to the sudden pain as he immediately pushed forward, with a slight body raise, as he attempted to place his right limb on the top of her back. The quick burst forward and the limb placement was to take the female by surprise, hopefully taking her off balance, and using the extra 45lbs of muscle to push her down to the ground in order to pin her. This maneuver had been attempted right as he felt the pain of the bite, so it would be extremely hard for Acinaces to fully be able to tear skin from his neck and dodge the barreling tank.

If he was successful, and she went to the ground pinned under him, the sudden force of their bodies crashing to the ground would most likely cause the female to let go of her grip due to gasping for the air she had suddenly lost. Not to mention the sudden whiplash of her head hitting hard on the ground below would definitely be enough to daze her. Blitzblade would continue to waste little time and, as soon as they hit the ground, he’d twist his body closer to his so he could utilize all his weight to hold her little form under him to deal with the possibility of flailing. If Acinaces was still able to keep her hold, even after such a hard hit, Blitzblade would turn his head in order to get dangerously close to her left ear before growling one last warning. "Cease 'n' desist female! Ah wish tae cause na further bloodshed! This is oor hame 'n' ah wull nae allow a'body tae tak' it awa'! Understand!?" He snarled, teeth gleaming. If she didn’t respond with a forfeit, or at all, Blitzblade would then strike at the female’s ear with unforgiving jaws. Should he get a hold of it, he’d crunch down mercilessly in order to bring her great pain. He didn’t want to hurt her but unfortunately he gave her no other options.

If she somehow avoided his massive attempt to knock her over and pin her, which he couldn’t really see how given their size and height difference as well as the timing and body position, then he would act accordingly. If she had let go and pushed forward, he’d still continue his original plan as above since her body would still be within his range. If she had let go and jumped sideways, so towards her right further into the clearing, there was a chance she’d be out of his reach from the body to body contact. However, since he’d still be scooting with her, since they’d be moving in the same direction in this case, she was still within his jaw reach. In this case Blitzblade would aim to wrap his jaws around the side of her neck. If successful, he would thrash his head back and forth like a dog jerking a toy around in order to ware and tear. Should Acinaces let go of her grip and tried to back up, which the chances of fully getting out of his range given she’s wrapped around his left shoulder where backing up would mean she was jerking to his right, the sudden force of Blitzblade’s surge forward would most likely cause his chest to hit hard against the side of her face. This would certainly hurt and/or at least daze her
[/glow]

I'm going to do a breakdown because it's confusing. Sorry there seems to be so many attacks but I had to put what Blitzblade would do if Acinaces tries to dodge the 'knock down & pin' attack. Also only ONE of the Alternative Attack 1s would be used and it depends on which way she moves. So not all those attacks are attempted.

Attack 1 1/3 Combo: The quick burst forward and the limb placement was to take the female by surprise, hopefully taking her off balance, and using the extra 45lbs of muscle to push her down to the ground in order to pin her.
Attack 1 2/3 Combo: If he was successful, and she went to the ground pinned under him, the sudden force of their bodies crashing to the ground would most likely cause the female to let go of her grip due to gasping for the air she had suddenly lost.
Attack 1 3/3 Combo: Not to mention the sudden whiplash of her head hitting hard on the ground below would definitely be enough to daze her
Attack 2 1/2 Combo: If she didn’t respond with a forfeit, or at all, Blitzblade would then strike at the female’s ear with unforgiving jaws
Attack 2 2/2 Combo: Should he get a hold of it, he’d crunch down mercilessly in order to bring her great pain.
^These all go in order, given that he was successful in knocking her over and pinning her down. Also he'd only speak in this series of events, so if she ends up dodging Attack 1 (combo) then he wouldn't be in the position to talk as planned.

Alternate Attack 1: If she had let go and pushed forward, he’d still continue his original plan as above since her body would still be within his range.

Alternate Attack 1 1/2 Combo: If she had let go and jumped sideways, so towards her right further into the clearing, there was a chance she’d be out of his reach from the body to body contact. However, since he’d still be scooting with her, since they’d be moving in the same direction in this case, she was still within his jaw reach. In this case Blitzblade would aim to wrap his jaws around the side of her neck.
Alternate Attack 1 2/2 Combo: If successful, he would thrash his head back and forth like a dog jerking a toy around in order to ware and tear.

Alternate Attack 1: Should Acinaces let go of her grip and tried to back up, which the chances of fully getting out of his range given she’s wrapped around his left shoulder where backing up would mean she was jerking to his right, the sudden force of Blitzblade’s surge forward would most likely cause his chest to hit hard against the side of her face. This would certainly hurt and/or at least daze her.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 07:31:02 PM by Heartbroken Sukara {To Do: 9 RPs; F:14th; S:27th} »

Played By Sukara

"Come, we mist tell th' ithers o' this event 'n' keep thaim awa' frae th' borders fur thair safety. Ainlie then kin we prevent anither tragedy lik' this frae happening again."

Offline Sukara (2 RPs)

• "Remember, whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."
  • Hero
  • Marshland's Mommy Organizer
  • Liked: 127
  • Likes Given: 586
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 03:49:32 PM »
[[ akante is lovingly modifying this post to host the deleted ooc: ]]

Hey Sukara, if
she wasn’t in the position to grab the center area of his chest or neck without awkwardly twisting her head to the left
then how can Acinaces be grabbing the left half of his chest? Wouldn't it be the right? Since she moves to the right in her first dodge, wouldn't it be easier for her to go for the right half of his body instead?
Well when he had went for her muzzle, his body twisted with him. This would put them in a right angle position with their heads located at the corner (¦__ ) then he went for her eye and she ducked, and therefore her head would be directly under his since she ducked under him when he snapped. Imo, with her head directly under his and given the position, the only way shed be able to grab his neck is by turning her head to the left and wrapping her jaws around his neck, by the shoulder, area
Alright, but now it confuses me as to how Blitzblade could twist so far just by grabbing Acinaces' muzzle, especially since she stepped only a few inches to the right. I understand he would swing a little, but making it a complete right angle sounds implausible to me.

Also Sukara, could I ask you to post in a normal font? It's hurting my eyes to read them.
I can compromise with a mid twist since everything is happening so fast. I just figured, since their muzzles would have to be in a right angle for him to wrap his jaws over the top of her muzzle in the manner he attempted, at least his torso would twist with him. Mid twist or full, the head situation would still be the same. Her head would be right under his when she ducked and with his chest would still be to her left instead of right in front of her
I can deal with a mid-twist, if that's alright with you.
That's fine ^^;
Though keep in mind, when you post, he is going to staighten out to eventually get that right angle position probably as is went for the eye attack. Just so were not confused on timing. So most likely he is pretty straightened out by the time her neck bite makes contact
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 08:03:37 PM by Agent P »

Offline Acinaces

• Initiate
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 09:41:28 AM »
The battle was already becoming a confusing whirl of movements as the two wolves danced. As Acinaces dipped her head and felt teeth meet Blitzblade's shoulder, though the amount of skin she grabbed not as much as she had wanted, the male tried to spring back. As soon as teeth clicked shut on Blitzblade's flesh, though, Ace was already attempting to disengage and move away. The move had brought them dangerously close and Acinaces knew enough to get out of the way before he overpowered her. Jaws would part and her head would snake back, and with this movement Acinaces also ducked her body down a few inches, feeling a limb touch her back before, with a quick push of her legs, she was trying to spring sideways to the right, away from Blitzblade's leg and towards the inside of the tourney field. Considering the sideways movement and the change in height, albeit a small one, it would likely mean Blitzblade's leg would only slide off of Acinaces' back as opposed to pushing her down.

At this point, if Ace managed to disengage, Blitzblade would be attempting to go for Acinaces' neck, but rather than just stepping to the side Ace would be trying to jump, meaning if she went unhindered she'd get a good few inches more of room considering Blitzblade was only scooting. Because she was jumping sideways, Acinaces would go with her front half first, therefore putting it farther out of range. As she landed, Acinaces would duck her head down, meaning that Blitzblade's attack would go over her shoulder or back instead of hitting her neck if he kept the same momentum.

Now, Acinaces would attempt to propel herself forwards and farther into the clearing, allowing for more room between the contestants. If Blitzblade chose not to chase her she would wheel around once she reached the middle of the clearing, keeping a careful eye on the blackblood. If Blitzblade did try to follow, though, Acinaces would feint to the left before jinxing towards the right, hopefully confusing Blitzblade long enough for her to get away safely.

-- Acinaces lets go of her grip right after she gets it and pulls her head back before he begins his attack.
-- As she does this she'll duck down a bit, springing just as Blitzblade's leg touches her back. A dog jumping sideways looks like this this and her front half will move out of the way first, hind legs coming after.
-- Acinaces lowers her head as she lands, moving her neck as a target and making it harder for Blitzblade to hit her there, considering the height difference.
-- Acinaces will start running towards the centre of the clearing. If Blitzblade does not follow she will turn around once she reaches the middle and make no other move. If he does follow her she will feint left and then move quickly to the right, using her smaller size to her advantage.

I hope this is alright.
#B272A6
profile || bin

Offline Sukara (2 RPs)

• "Remember, whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."
  • Hero
  • Marshland's Mommy Organizer
  • Liked: 127
  • Likes Given: 586
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 04:56:38 PM »
[[ akante is once again lovingly modifying to host deleted ooc: ]]

My question is he's going for the side of her neck, so even if she ducked her head I don't see how that's enough to move the neck out of the way completely. Like I understand how ducking the head messes with the targeted part of the neck but, to me, id think he'd still be in the position to grab some part (like the top) of the neck. So I'm little confused there. You can still dodge it, I'm just not sure how a simple duck got all the neck from his range. He might not get his desired part but that wouldn't stop him from grabbing at something

Also when you mean she moved herself further into the clearing are you talking about turning and running away I to the clearing? I just want to make sure I interpreted that right ^^;
Yep, I do mean she's moving towards the middle of the clearing!

Also, I was thinking along the lines of when Acinaces jumps, her neck as a target will be higher than at it's normal resting point, since her front half raises slightly as she jumps. Then, when she lands and then ducks her head down, considering their height difference and the change of Acinaces' neck's placement, I didn't think it would be easy for Blitzblade to grab any part of her neck.
Hmm my thing is he's on all fours when he goes for the side neck, maybe limbs slightly bent from landing from his limb sliding off, so hed be in the level position to grab the neck. She's only like 3" shorter I think, which isn't that much, so if she ducked he'd still be in range to get the top of her neck or something unless she had done more then ducked.her head?
Yeah, but I would have thought his target would be Acinaces' neck at a higher height (from her jumping) so when she lands and then ducks that adds a big difference in inches and the target isn't there anymore. I'm not sure how much that would be, but if Blitzblade wanted to grab the top of her neck/her neck he'd have to recalculate mid-attack?

I'm sorry if it seems I'm just trying to null the attack, but I'm just going by how I see the fight at the moment.
Accidently clicked the like button instead of reply lol

The thing with that is you're assuming where he's going for and I'm explaining to you his position when he went for the neck, which was the side not top. Her duck wouldn't be enough to completely get the neck out of the way unless she did like a full body duck. Ducking the head would lower the part of her neck closest to her head further down then the part of the neck closest to the shoulder. So if you wanna fully dodge it I can assume, with your permission that she did a more body and head duck then just ducking her head because otherwise I just don't see how all of her neck was out of range

Because he's not going for her neck as she jumps away. He's scooting with her (as I out in my post if she moved sideways at all) and then would go for the neck after landing which would be around the time she has landed to
Alright then, I'll say Acinaces did a full body duck by lowering her body just like she did before she would jump sideways. I think I just read Blitzblade's move wrong, so apologies for that.
No probs, ill post asap ^^;
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 08:05:29 PM by Agent P »

Offline Blitzblade

• Initiate
  • The Jaded Warrior
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 08:40:28 PM »
Blitzblade cringed at the slight pain to the side of his neck (closest to his shoulder, not the actual shoulder) but it wasn’t anything he was going to dwell on. He had made his move, surging forward while attempting to place his paw on her back, in order to knock her off balance and pin her down. Blitzblade felt his paw on the female’s back but, just as fast as it made contact, she let go and jumped to the side which caused it to slide off. Thankfully that had nothing to do with his movements, so when she side jumped he was still moving towards the same direction with her. Given the timing of their movements, the two canines would most likely land on all fours around the same time. Their bodies weren’t touching, but they were still pretty damn close to one another when his jaws made their reach towards the side of her neck. Unfortunately she had ducked her head and body just enough for his jaws to barely miss not only his desired target but the whole neck completely. Luckily for her his jaws had snapped at thin air, but eventually her luck would run out. As frustrating as it was for the elder brute, he knew well that she couldn’t’ dodge him forever.

Blitzblade would continue to waste no time, for he knew that this tactic would work well for him, so immediately after his upper and lower jaw had met he surged forward once again. This time his frame would be lowered, since the small female liked to use her size and speed to duck all the time, so it would be hard for her to dodge. He’d twist his head to the left, so looking the same direction that she was facing, as he attempted to ram his right shoulder into her frame. Blitzblade had surged forward about the same time Acinaces would attempt to propel herself forward, which means she’d be moving to his left, thus there was a high probability that his right shoulder would hit hard into her ribs. This would definitely hurt and, if anything, would possibly knock the female of balance since she was in mid movement. If she in fact fell to the ground, Blitzblade would immediately follow her fallen body in attempts to pin her under his massive frame. Whether he was able to pin her or not, but she still fell to the ground, the large brute would quickly attempt to wrap his jaws around any part of her neck before thrashing it about violently to as much harm as possible.

Now say Acinaces’ luck hadn’t run out just yet, and somehow she took the hit to the ribs but didn’t fall to the ground, Blitzblade would follow after her sideway stumbling frame. He made sure to stay on her like white on rice. With his head to the side, which was needed so he could drive his shoulder into her side without it being in the way, his face and jaws were position right behind Acinaces’ left front limb. Blitzblade’s jaws parted as he went to bite the area where the leg met the body, held together by skin. If he was successful, he’d tear away, leaving one nasty injury. Of course, he wasn’t that picky, so if he got any part of the leg he’d bite and jerk to cause more wear and tear. If, at any time during his leg attack, she’d try to turn and bite at him he’d retaliate by changing his target. Blitzblade’s jaws would snap at her features in order to counter her pearly whites. This, of course, would only happen if she chose to try to bite at him. He made sure to cover every base he could in order to avoid error. Losing was not an option because family was depending on him. He had let them down once and he’d be damned if he did it again.

Now let’s say he wasn’t (for some reason) able to get the leg and she didn’t turn to attack him, this would obviously mean she would continue her attempt to run away and cause distance. In this case Blitzblade would not have that, at all, and would react by following her and snapping at the back of her leg at the haunch area. Again, he wasn’t picky, so he didn’t mind if he got a different part at all. However, if he was to successfully get a hold of the back of her haunch, this would be a crucial injury as he jerked back and forth viciously. Blitzblade didn’t want to maim her but he was tired of the games, tired of the ducking and dodging, and sure as hell tired of the running. If she had truly came to obtain the home she desired then now was the time to show it. Blitzblade didn’t have the time to waste on someone who would merely run away. If she was outmatched then it was smart to simply admit before he inflicted some mean injuries on her. Blitzblade didn’t want to cause harm, if anything he’d do all in his power to avoid it, but his patience was wearing thin. He wouldn’t stop being hard on her, throwing his weight and size around, but if she really wanted her home she needed to face him instead of running.
[/glow]

Explaining again because it’s confusing. Once again covering all bases.

Attack 1: He’d twist his head to the left, so looking the same direction that she was facing, as he attempted to ram his right shoulder into her frame. Blitzblade had surged forward about the same time Acinaces would attempt to propel herself forward, which means she’d be moving to his left, thus there was a high probability that his right shoulder would hit hard into her ribs
Attack 2: This would definitely hurt and, if anything, would possibly knock the female of balance since she was in mid movement. If she in fact fell to the ground, Blitzblade would immediately follow her fallen body in attempts to pin her under his massive frame.
Attack 3: Whether he was able to pin her or not, but she still fell to the ground, the large brute would quickly attempt to wrap his jaws around any part of her neck before thrashing it about violently to as much harm as possible.
^Three separate attacks, which go in that order

Alternate Attack 2 1/2 Combo: Blitzblade’s jaws parted as he went to bite the area where the leg met the body, held together by skin.
Alternate Attack 2 2/2 Combo: If he was successful, he’d tear away, leaving one nasty injury. Of course, he wasn’t that picky, so if he got any part of the leg he’d bite and jerk to cause more wear and tear.
Attack 3: If, at any time during his leg attack, she’d try to turn and bite at him he’d retaliate by changing his target. Blitzblade’s jaws would snap at her features in order to counter her pearly whites.
^These series of attacks would replace the original Attack 2 & Attack 3 IF she got rammed but didn’t fall to the ground.

Alternate Attack 3: Now let’s say he wasn’t (for some reason) able to get the leg and she didn’t turn to attack him, this would obviously mean she would continue her attempt to run away and cause distance. In this case Blitzblade would not have that, at all, and would react by following her and snapping at the back of her leg at the haunch area. Again, he wasn’t picky, so he didn’t mind if he got a different part at all.
Alternate Attack 3 2/2 Combo: However, if he was to successfully get a hold of the back of her haunch, this would be a crucial injury as he jerked back and forth viciously.
^This would replace the Attack 3 above IF Acinaces didn’t turn to attack him, thus continuing her attempts to run away to create distance.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 06:36:36 PM by Heartbroken Sukara {To Do: 9 RPs; F:14th; S:27th} »

Played By Sukara

Offline [akante] [hiatus]

• 5ever with loverly.

• Hero
  • (「`・△・´)「
    • My status
    • etkri @ dA
  • Liked: 3166
  • Likes Given: 3084
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2012, 07:03:01 PM »
[[ clearing up ooc: ]]

Ooc; Sukara would you mind changing the font into something readable, please?
Yeah ill edit the glow out sorry >.<
Should I wait for mo approval or..
[[ approval granted~ ]]
Done, should I do it to all the posts for convenience of the MOs or are we good just from here on end
[[ i'm fine with it~ ]]
Done, all glow effects have been removed
Sorry for the inconvenience everyone ^_^'
Ooc; Thanks Sukara. C:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 08:06:52 PM by Agent P »

+ Tortuga! [pack]
+ commissions. [open]
+ le bin.
+ Dream Guardians.
+ activity updates.

+ rockin' ids since sept. 27th, 2007, 5:48pm~

Offline Acinaces

• Initiate
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2012, 12:48:42 AM »
Blitzblade's ram hit, sending Acinaces stumbling to the the left, her momentum suddenly reversed. Luckily, though her footing was shaky, the girl didn't fall and she recovered quickly. So, as Blitzblade came in for the bite, Acinaces was turning to keep herself facing the male and moved forwards herself, ducking her front half down in an attempt to avoid his snapping jaws (though if Blitzblade kept up the attack it would likely hit her in the shoulder area instead of her leg). Ace would snap her head forwards, repeating a something similar to her attack and aiming to bite the crook between his left armpit and chest, teeth seeking to dig in and clamp down, unyielding.

With this movement, Blitzblade would be hard pressed to attack her face, seeing as it was under him, near his chest, and Ace would continue trying to bite him even if he grabbed her scruff. If Blitzblade went for a vulnerable part of her neck, she'd jerk to the left and relinquish her hold, more concerned for her own safety than defeating Blitzblade. If the male tried to push forwards, like he had in the beginning, Acinaces would back up with him, or just generally move around if he went any other way. Just like he had, she'd try to stick to him as close as possible now, realizing that running wasn't really going to decide the battle.

Should Blitzblade somehow dodge her attack to his chest, Acinaces would jerk forwards again, this time trying to grab some vulnerable, fleshy part of his leg and aiming to snap down with as much force as possible, inflicting plenty of pain if not reducing Blitzblade's mobility for the rest of the fight.

-- Blitzblade's ram hits and Acinaces stumbles to the left, but keeps her footing.
-- She starts turning almost immediately after she gets her footing back, so when Blitzblade's attacking her leg is now covered by her shoulder. or at least partially so.
-- Acinaces snaps forwards the moment she faces Blitzblade, trying to get the soft area between his armpit and his lower chest, ducking her head down and under and therefore making it harder for Blitzblade to get her face if he changes target.
-- If Blitzblade tries to move in any direction, Acinaces will stick to him just like he did before and won't relinquish her hold.
-- If he dodges, she'll go in for a similar attack, but aiming slightly lower for any part of the upper half of his leg.
#B272A6
profile || bin

Offline Blitzblade

• Initiate
  • The Jaded Warrior
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2012, 08:01:24 PM »
Blitzblade had already braced himself for impact, since he knew there was a slim chance she’d be able to avoid, so it was easy for him to recover his own footing after their bodies made impact. As his general plan before, to be on her like white on rice, his lowered body and head wasted little time following after her stumbling frame before attempting to bite the back of her left front limb. Now logic would have it that the smaller sized female, both in height and weight, would be somewhat faster then his own. So, as his jaws were already in motion, it was safe to say that she had successfully turned to face him. However, since he was already in mid attack and had no intentions of backing off, his jaws would make contact with her shoulder area right as she completed her turn. She may be smaller and faster, but there was no logical way she would be able to fully recover from her stumble, turn, duck, and attempt her attack before his even made contact.

Blitzblade’s jaws shut with great force as his teeth grabbed a hold of Acinaces’ chest, around the shoulder area, jaws tensing as he held his grip in an unforgiving vice grip. It wasn’t the desired target he had aimed for at first but it was still something and, with that said, he had no intentions of letting go of his prize. Without a thought in mind Blitzblade immediately thrashed  his head in an upright angle, while raising from his crouched position into standing straight up one, as soon as he secured his grip. This would prevent Acinaces from being able to duck down and make her attempt to attack his armpit area, in otherwords a counter. Considering that he had momentum, height, and weight on his side, most likely she would be jerked off her front limbs for a second or two. That wouldn’t last long though, for after he’d successfully countered her attack, he’d waste no time attempting his next move. This was going to hurt.

Almost as quickly as he had thrashed his head in the upward-right angle, Blitzblade immediately jerked his torso down towards the ground thus taking his head and hold with him as he began to pull by stepping backwards. Imagine a dog playing tug of war, but with his head continuing to thrash like a rabid canine under the fury. If she chose to move forward, to relieve some of the pull his teeth had when he was backing up and thrashing, he’d merely retaliate by moving back more. His goal was to wear and tear at her chest area until he was able to rip a nice vital chunk right out of her. He didn’t plan on letting go until he accomplished this, for now it was getting down to the nitty gritty in their fight. Given the fact that all of this was happening so fast, and Acinaces’ first attack was countered, this disrupted the the possibility of her second attack thus nulling it. She was no longer in the position to pull off that move like she could’ve been before.

In regards to the attack to his leg, since he had dodged the attack to his chest, there were two different scenarios that would play out. If Blitzblade had successfully ripped a chunk out of Acinaces’ chest, thus his grip on her was no longer, he’d quickly spit out the flesh before turning his attention back her. Of course, with the quickness that the little crap had possessed, she’d most likely be mid attack before he could react. Jaws flashed towards her face in order to intercept her attack, but alas he felt the pain of the bite just below the ‘elbow’. Thankfully he had muscle to keep his bone from breaking but that didn’t mean it didn’t hurt like a bitch. This, however, wouldn’t stop him from going for her with his own jaws. With basic reaction to pain, Blitzblade immediately went for the closest vulnerable area in his reach. In this case it would be the side of her neck that was exposed from her having to twist her head in order to wrap her jaws around his limb. If he was successful he’d merely bite down hard before thrashing, once more attempting to do more damage on the female’s left side.

Now, considering that Blitzblade had no successfully torn the flesh from Acinaces’ chest, if she was to go for his leg then he’d make it hard for her to do so. Since he wouldn’t stop her thrashing and pulling until that chunk of flesh was his, the constant movement would make it hard for her to get a hold of his limb accurately. In the process of the movement, Blitzblade would feel but a slight pain of a tooth scrapping across his forelimb in the process of it trying to get an actual hold. It wasn’t a deep gash but it was enough to make him bleed nonetheless. Regardless he’d continued his thrashing and pulling in order to allow his daggers to continue to wear the skin down before he could pull it away. If he was eventually successful, Blitzblade would jump back before spitting out whatever was in his mouth in disgust. "This is yer lest warning, gie up yer attack oan mah hame. This bloodshed is daein' boggin' fur neither o' us or whit we staun for.” He offerend one last time, his frame never leaving it’s defensive position.

Attack 1 1/3 Combo: Without a thought in mind Blitzblade immediately thrashed  his head in an upright angle, while raising from his crouched position into standing straight up one, as soon as he secured his grip.
Attack 1 2/3 Combo: Almost as quickly as he had thrashed his head in the upward-right angle, Blitzblade immediately jerked his torso down towards the ground thus taking his head and hold with him as he began to pull by stepping backwards.
Attack 1 3/3 Combo: Imagine a dog playing tug of war, but with his head continuing to thrash like a rabid canine under the fury.

This would only be attempted if he was able to rip a chunk from her chest, taking place before the leg attack
Attack 2 1/2 Combo: This, however, wouldn’t stop him from going for her with his own jaws. With basic reaction to pain, Blitzblade immediately went for the closest vulnerable area in his reach. In this case it would be the side of her neck that was exposed from her having to twist her head in order to wrap her jaws around his limb.
Attack 2 2/2 Combo: If he was successful he’d merely bite down hard before thrashing, once more attempting to do more damage on the female’s left side.

This would only be attempted if he wasn't able to rip a chunk from her chest, takes place during the leg attack.
Attack 3: Regardless he’d continued his thrashing and pulling in order to allow his daggers to continue to wear the skin down before he could pull it away.

Played By Sukara

Offline Acinaces

• Initiate
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2012, 12:09:33 PM »
Teeth gnashed into her skin and Acinaces let out a grunt, feeling the full brunt of real pain for the first time. But no matter how much it hurt, she would weather it. She had been moving during the bite though, and Blitzblade didn't manage to grab her entire leg or shoulder, but it was enough. Gehenna had to come to fruition, and losing before she got the chance to would be too shameful. Ears pinned back, Acinaces was unable to do much other than follow Blitzblade as nimbly as she could, letting out a gasp as he rose up then fell down, doing her best to match him step for step once the male began backing up. She wouldn't be able to continue her initial attack to the armpit.

So instead, she arched her head down and lashed out with her jaws, trying to grab the back of Blitzblade's head or his neck. It was unlikely Blitzblade would be able to dodge and keep his grip on shoulder at the same time, and either she would do her best to cause as much damage as possible (without crippling him) or get Blitzblade to let go before she lost a chunk out of her leg.

If this was successful, Acinaces would bite down as hard as possible, mimicking Blitzblade's move and attempting to sever the fat, muscle and skin from his body. Once she got a good grip, Ace would then proceed to pull her head up quickly.

Should Blitzblade somehow dodge, Acinaces would try again, gnashing at whatever part of Blitzblade's body was available. On the other hand, if her opponent let go, Ace would attempt jump back the moment teeth left flesh, moving to circle around Blitzblade to the left immediately after. If able, she would try to dash around to his rump before spinning on her paws, jaws snapping out to grab the flesh part of one of Blitzblade's hind legs or his tail.

-- Blitzblades gets her and she doesn't do anything when he jerks up, then down.
-- To relieve the pain she moves forwards, trying to match Blitzblade step-for-step.
-- Around the time Blitzblade counters her movement by moving back himself, she would redirect her second attack to the nape of his neck/back of his head instead, since he countered instead of dodging.
-- If Acinaces' attack hit, she would try to mimic Blitzblade and would try to sever fat, muscle and skin from his body.
-- If he somehow managed to dodge, Acinaces would try the same attack again.
-- If Blitzblade let go, she would jump back and then dash around him, to the left, spinning around once she got to his rump to bite at his upper hind leg (either one) or his tail, whichever was closest.
#B272A6
profile || bin