Author Topic: Ecoutez et repetez [prp]  (Read 162 times)

Offline Pierre

• French spy extraordinaire!
  • Initiate
  • Hon hon!
  • Liked: 9
  • Likes Given: 0
Ecoutez et repetez [prp]
« on: June 18, 2017, 11:13:19 AM »
Ahh, the open land.

The French wolf made his way through the open fields, trees sparsely dotting the landscape. The man wasn’t concerned with the vulnerability, despite most of his species preferring the hidden environment of forests and snow caves. Even now he admitted to wishing it was slightly cooler, his thick coating more adept to lower temperatures. But no matter! Pierre hadn’t survived by living solely in cold weather, now had he? No, to be the amazing spy he was, he had to thrive everywhere!

He grinned at no one in particular, pleased at his life accomplishments so far. The male has seen many things in his lifetime. Why, he could write a book with all of the things he had done while out on the road (if he knew what books were and had the ability to publish, that is)! And it would have been a bestseller, guaranteed! “No one messes with Monsieur Pierre!” he declared, tail lifted straight to assert what he was saying. Too bad no one was around to hear him, really.

Well, there were packs around that might possibly hear him if he spoke loud enough, but for the most part he only toed their marked borders. No need to cause strife at this moment in time. Pierre hadn’t even had his coffee yet. So to speak. Instead he sprawled on his back beneath a lanky tree and sang loudly to himself some random French tune he had learned during his time in the Greater North. Eventually a bird became curious enough, and the little cardinal landed on a low branch to listen to him. The gentleman lifted a paw and gestured to the bird. Bienvenue, mon amie! he called to the feathered friend, before continuing to sing away his time.

Eventually sounds of another reached his ears, but that didn’t stop Pierre from singing away, the cardinal adding its own notes here and there. It wasn’t until they were within view that the French man turned his head and peered at the other. Ah, un enfant! Hon hon! he cut off from his own singing to declare, perhaps noting to the bird just what he was seeing. He could tell the other wolf was fairly young, what was he doing out here? A ritual maybe? Lost? Wanderer? Exiled?! Or maybe he just liked Pierre’s singing. Many possibilities crossed his mind, but he kept them to himself as he rolled onto his side to better face the other.

Bonjour! What bringz you about on theze lands, hmm?” he asked, smiling at the other as he lounged beneath the tree. Lifting a paw to his face, he smoothed out his little mustache on his muzzle as he waggled his eyebrow. “Joo need directions, mayhaps?” From the great Pierre, perhaps?
Pierre's Profile
-=played by Moons since 06/14/2017=-

Offline hyperion.

• Gemini
  • Apprentice
  • THE LIONHEART.
  • Liked: 44
  • Likes Given: 33
Re: Ecoutez et repetez [prp]
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 03:54:41 PM »
He did not look back.

Not for the screams of a young boy who’s eyes were once brighter than the sky, but who’s tears now buckled and poured over like rain from a dark, dark cloud.

Not for the girl he once made blush behind minty fur, who’s cheeks were no longer warm with giddiness but cold and wet,

For the adopted brother who’s love ran deeper than blood,

for the brother who’s brilliant colors almost outshines his beaming personality. Almost, but not quite.

They all called to him, why didn’t he hear them? They all LOVED HIM, why couldn’t he see that?

He didn’t want to. Refused to. But he would remember them fondly.

—-
He kept his nose low to the ground and his ears high. He was overwhelmed by the amount of newness all around him, it was like being a child again. The blue prince looked to the trees and saw an array of colors taking to the sky, unlike anything he’d seen before. The birds in Gemini were relatively plain, seeking only to camouflage themselves in the tall ocean of grass and dark fir trees. But these birds were vibrant, streaking with colors and sang beautiful songs. He thought of Corona.

A different tune struck his ear shortly after admiring the flock of flashing birds, it was foreign and husky and he couldn’t understand it. For whatever reason, he was drawn to it. He wondered if all the wolves outside of his mother’s territory spoke like this.

“Ah, un enfant! Hon hon!”

His hackles raised slightly, and he kept his eyes on the larger wolf. Strangers were dangerous, remember?

“Bonjour! What bringz you about on theze lands, hmm?”

He stared silently for a few awkward moments, then spoke gruffly, " I’m just passing through. Do you live here? Am I intruding? I… I can leave if this is your pack. " The adolescent didn’t really understand the concept of lone wolves. Surely everyone belonged to a pack?

“Joo need directions, mayhaps?”

The stranger stroked his chin, one similar to Aquarian. He seemed friendly enough, and after this realization the boy felt his hackles smooth over. He mimicked the male and scratched his chin thoughtfully,

" I’m not sure where I wanna go yet. Any recommendations? "

Offline Pierre

• Initiate
  • Hon hon!
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 11:51:09 AM »
Despite his age, sharp blue eyes observed the youngster as he approached, caught off by the French man's call. He was a good looking young one, well cared for. It spoke of belonging to a pack, not scavenging out here in the wilderness. Especially considering Pierre's own fur was rather... unkempt. It stuck out in odd places, and there were maybe a few leaves strewn about here and there, most from having been laying down on the ground just now for the last few minutes. He wasn't dirty, you know. He just... hadn't brushed himself in a while.

Even Pierre had standards.

He also noted the slight defensive posture of the boy. Good, he was wary of strangers. It told of a proper upbringing, that maybe his mother's lessons had indeed sunk in. "I’m just passing through. Do you live here? Am I intruding? I… I can leave if this is your pack." Ahh, definitely a pack boy. He clearly did not know how the world worked. So Pierre did what came to him first. "BAHAHAHAHA!!!" he howled with laughter, rolling onto his back and just wiggling from how tickled he was. It was a few moments before he laid back on his belly and faced him, a paw rubbing at an eye to wipe away the tears. "Honhon, boy, joo have much to learn, jes?" he said, looking at him now with a lopsided grin.

Before the youngster could retaliate, Pierre lifted a paw and stopped any possible words. "I don't ah.. mean to make le fun of joo, boy. Joo caught me off guard, c'est tout." Then he waved the paw and gestured towards the bird above him and the general vicinity around him. "Zis iz... ah, how joo say... Le Neutrals! No one ownz zese lands. Anyone may traverse here if they wish it so." In other words, you are not trespassing. "So zere is no need for joo to leave, comprendre?" He eyed the boy, watching his reactions.

Despite his lighthearted appearance, Pierre was quite the observer.

"I’m not sure where I wanna go yet. Any recommendations?" The boy mimicked his motions, which amused Pierre. This was sounding more and more like a runaway. Leaving his pack, where he was certainly well cared for, and now has no plans for himself other than entrusting this stranger with proper directions. "Ahh, joo want a pack, jes?" Well, he had a few options to give the boy, but he might not like what he would hear. Pierre gestured in an easterly direction with a paw (Gemini was to his north, for reference. They were in The Path). "There is a place called Inaria near here. Purple trees, très belle. Lots of blood zere recently, though." Then a westerly direction. "Over zere is a dark place, very dark. I often hear screams." Then a southerly direction. "Down in ze mountains is a place told to be vonderful aussi. Do no know ze name though. There are lotz of choices jes, so take your pick."

Pierre then settled and looked at the youngster once again with a sudden serious expression and an unwavering gaze. "So, boy... what made you leave?"
Pierre's Profile

Offline hyperion.

• Gemini
  • Apprentice
  • THE LIONHEART.
  • Liked: 44
  • Likes Given: 33
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 03:16:18 PM »
The initial shock of meeting the stranger had settled, and Hyperion felt more comfortable studying the male. His eyes were friendly and his posture showed no signs of aggression, but deep in his brain he knew better than to trust a stranger. The blue prince kept his eyes and ears on alert and his paws ready to spring -- he could tell the man was old and the teen could easily outrun him.

Pierre's fur was unkempt but stroked with similar shades of his own grey-blues, and a curious face. A childish instinct entered his mind and he felt the need to tug and chew on the fur dangling from his muzzle. While watching the male, he erupted into a fit of laughter and it shook Hyperion from his studies.

"Honhon, boy, joo have much to learn, jes?"

He rolled on the ground and showed his belly, all the while laughing, and Hyperion blinked. He didn't realize how confusing wolves outside of his home would be.

"I don't ah.. mean to make le fun of joo, boy. Joo caught me off guard, c'est tout."

" It's... okay. " He wanted to continue, "I don't know much about this place", but didn't want it to be used as a possible disadvantage for him. He wasn't lost, but he wasn't sure where he was going. And didn't know anything about these new lands.

"Zis iz... ah, how joo say... Le Neutrals! No one ownz zese lands. Anyone may traverse here if they wish it so. So zere is no need for joo to leave, comprendre?"

His ear flicked and it took him a moment to understand what Pierre was trying to say. Violet eyes made their way past the other wolf to the area surrounding them, taking in his environment and the newness of it all.

" So you live here? By yourself? Don't you get bored? Lonely? " So many questions, and the confusion played on the boy's features. He let himself sit next to the sprawled out stranger, but a far enough distance to feel comfortable.

"Ahh, joo want a pack, jes?" He listened closely as the stranger began to give directions to different locations, all of which seemed dull compared to his old fairytale home. He didn't want a pack, he wanted a family. A mother. A father.

.... why leave the only family you had? What were you expecting? What of your countless siblings? They were family, right?

"Were they not enough, LITTLE GOAT? " He had been watching the old wolf and the words had not come from him. They twisted their way around his face and into his ears like a gush of wind, but this wind wasn't gentle or warm, it was bitter and cold. He craned his neck, checking his surrounding once more. No one was around. He blinked slowly, then turned back to the stranger.

" What happened to the purple place? Why was there blood? " He paused, then thought of the place of screams. No, he wouldn't belong there. The third seemed pleasant. Was he talking about Gemini?

"So, boy... what made you leave?"

He chewed on the inside of his lip, and bit down hard. Why did he leave? The only promise of protection, the only family he'd ever known, why would he throw it all away for a new life without them? Was this his personal rite of passage to knighthood? What if he never saw his family again? The distress painted itself on his face and he was forced to look away from the stranger.

" I. Uh, I dunno. Change of scenery maybe. " HAH, who was he kidding?

" Did you leave your family when you were old enough? I.. I thought it was time. They had other things going on and I... wasn't needed. " wasn't wanted.

" I don't think I wanna go to another pack. Maybe I'll live my life out in the neutrals. How long have you lived here for? "

Offline Pierre

• Initiate
  • Hon hon!
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 05:19:27 PM »
If only Pierre knew what the boy was thinking; he would have howled with laughter just like he did a few moments ago. But alas, he was not a mind reader, as that would be nigh impossible in a place such as The Straits. So he remained oblivious, and instead focused on the naive statements of the boy, questioning things like a wandering pup coming out of the den for the first time. And if the older man was right about him being a runaway... then it was probably very much like a pup finally exploring the world around them. Like blinking their eyes for the first time and seeing a butterfly flutter across their line of vision.

Woah, when did he get so emotional?

"It's... okay." The boy didn't seem offended, which was another good notch to check off in his book. This conversation would have been a lot harder if he was sensitive, because Pierre... simply was not. At least on the outside. Better to ask for forgiveness rather than permission, and all. Which is the kind of motto this boy seemed to live off of, if him being a runaway was true. Vaguely the man wondered who his mother was. Who the father was. If they were even alive. Pierre watched as the other finally sat, and he smiled at the boy. "So you live here? By yourself? Don't you get bored? Lonely?" He listened to the question, even though he was currently looking at the bird that had fluttered onto the branch.

"Nonsense!" he blurted out suddenly, whirling to face the youngster. "Zis is a fiiiiine place to live. Très agréable!" Pierre waved a paw to encompass their surroundings, before looking back at him. "Joo never haff to be alone if you don't vant to, comprendre?" There were plenty of things to do if you simply went and looked for it. And if the outside wasn't for you... somehow Pierre was sure that the boy's pack wouldn't exactly be adverse to taking him back. Hmm.

"What happened to the purple place? Why was there blood?" Pierre fell silent, mulling over the question. He stared at the boy for a long moment or two, letting the air between them fill with silence and suspense. Then he stood, slowly and purposely, and took slow steps towards him. "Boy, zere is a lot of things you have jet to understand..." he began, his words slow and meticulous as he maintained his gaze on the youngster without breaking eye contact. When he was finally close enough, assuming the youngster hadn't scurried away from him, Pierre lowered his gaze and leveled his face close to the other's. "Zere vas a... conflict. A problème between two packs. Very foncé. Dark. Lots of death and blood and... general things a child should not see in zeir lifetime." Shaking his head, he straightened and turned away, taking a few steps away but remaining well within speaking distance.

Pierre changed the subject then, tossing the question at him as to why he had left in the first place. Would the boy be honest? "I. Uh, I dunno. Change of scenery maybe." The man lifted a brow, looking at the boy with a silence as though he simply waited for the real reason. But he said nothing for now. "Did you leave your family when you were old enough? I.. I thought it was time. They had other things going on and I... wasn't needed. I don't think I wanna go to another pack. Maybe I'll live my life out in the neutrals. How long have you lived here for?" Ahh, leaving the family. Light blue eyes softened ever so slightly, into an expression of nostalgia and... was that possibly pain? But was quickly gone in Pierre's next blink, and a smile came through instead.

*"Let me tell something to joo," he said, facing him completely once again and coming closer (but not invading his personal space like last time). "I do not know zis family of jours. HOWEVER! I can say dis: zey will alvays need joo, boy." It was probably the most serious thing he said all day! Well, minus the bit about what happened to that 'purple forest pack'. "It iz simply our own selfish desire to explore! Faites notre propre chemin! And no one can truly stop us!" He lifted a paw for flair, looking towards the heavens as though the answers were in the clouds.

Then he lowered his paw, and sort of laughed softly to himself with a nostalgic twinkle in his eye. "Et moi... I have lived here far too long, boy. Far too long." Maybe it was the company that made him talk so much. Or maybe he just liked to talk and hear himself. Either way, there it was. A little sentimentality. Pass the tissues, please.

*Fun fact: that phrase he says is a link~
Pierre's Profile