Author Topic: The Art of War [prp]  (Read 79 times)

Offline Ammut

• Death Valley
  • Initiate
  • To find a queen without a king.
  • Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 0
The Art of War [prp]
« on: June 16, 2017, 10:46:51 PM »
The thin frail timber wolf trailed along, a silent wraith of who she had once been. A queen, a mother, both of these things had all but been forgotten. There were those among the former wolves of Sol who would still call her a queen, but they were wrong. For she had no king. No kingdom. Even her children had fallen to the flames, all save one. She wondered where Capricorn was now, hopefully, far from the battlefront and that awful smell.

The smell of smoke was distant and faint but she could taste it on the wind. It made her uneasy. Ammut paced restlessly, her stilt like legs carried her in long strides as she meandered aimlessly. It was a dry and hot day, which would've been much better spent lounging in the shade but Ammut could not will herself to relax. The dry heat left her panting and tired, but that was not enough to dissuade her uneasy pacing.

She could smell it.

War and fire - distant but there. Ammut worried, not for the lives of her new pack but for her own selfish reasons. That the conflict might come to her and her son and the meager remains of Sol. Did any of them fight for Oukoku-kai today? She wondered, but she had no way of knowing. She was reclusive nowadays. Ammut no longer was the brilliant socialite, that too had died in the flames.

She approached a small watering hole, hoping a refreshing drink might calm her nerves. Her eyes glanced about coldly, peering about to see if she might have company - golden eyes betraying no trace of the nervousness that plagued her. Ammut could keep face if nothing else.

All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash

When I was a man I thought it ended
When I knew love's perfect ache
But my peace has always depended
On all the ashes in my wake

Played by Bloody