Author Topic: Ut crescere disce est [Iaera]  (Read 34 times)

Offline Iridescent

• Initiate
  • Hellion
  • Liked: 4
  • Likes Given: 0
Ut crescere disce est [Iaera]
« on: June 16, 2017, 10:42:20 AM »
"To Learn Is To Grow"

The fresh, new feeling of Gemini was beginning to wear off as the large young hellion settled into her home, and yet her love for the land and it's populace was not diminishing. Instead, it was growing with every new pack mate she met. She was forming bonds, real connections, growing a family for herself of those she could count on to be by her side. It was a phenomenal feeling, one she had no experience with. She'd been the good pup in her litter, but it had done her no good. Ultraviolet and Radioactive acted out, and so they received the bulk of their parents' attention while they simply chose to ignore her. She knew had been grateful for her easy-going attitude, but it stung when her siblings left and her parents followed. Here, however, those she met openly appreciated her friendly nature and gentleness.

And on this particular day, she sought someone as gentle as herself. Iaera had made an impression on Iri that first day. The Latin woman, her fellow Whisper, had been welcoming and friendly to her when she needed it most, and she was ever grateful for the kindness she'd shown. Iri had made her a promise to help the woman grasp the common language, and it was a promise she had not forgotten. As the pack settled back down in the days after the eerie eclipse had shaken all who'd seen it, she thought of that promise. So with the sun rising over the ocean, bringing on a new day, she emerged from her den with the express purpose of seeking out her friend.

She could see the woods  that marked the central area and made her course for it. Beyond, she knew there was a tree with vine-like branches that hung to the ground, creating a curtained door to the den of her bi-lingual friend. She set a course for it, she'd made the very same walk several times in the weeks since her acceptance. Past a patch of wildflowers that would certainly put a smile on the young Skylar's face, past the Gasping Woods that creaked as the ground beneath drew breath as though the land itself was alive, across several small streams that kept the foliage of Gemini alive and thriving. It wasn't long until she saw the tree that marked Iaera's den. The question was, would the Latin woman be home?

She passed several packmates enjoying the day, giving all a dip of the head in greeting as she went. Some faces were familiar by sight, if not by name, and others were not. It did not matter, they were her family now, whether she knew them personally or not.

Reaching the tree, she sat outside, a few paces from where the entrance was hidden behind a leafy door, and gave a questioning bark. "Iaera, my friend, are you home?" As she waited to see if the female answered, she thought about where she might look next if her friend didn't answer.

Played by Nicki

Offline Iaera [rp]

• [the nymph]
  • Gemini
  • Apprentice
  • Liked: 12
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Ut crescere disce est [Iaera]
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 02:10:18 PM »
[i a e r a]
ooc; like I said in the message, I'd shoot myself to play out her learning English so it's one of those few things I'd rather be implied.
-------------------------

Sleep never came easy to her, it always seemed to dance around her and tease her instead. She'd known since childhood how to properly drug herself to sleep, one of the few things she was extremely adept at thanks to mother wishing her daughter to get rest. The idea had made her uneasy since leaving the village though, without mother to watch over her, what if she was in danger and could not awake to protect herself? So she had spent several years relatively sleepless, but she always seemed to be able to manage. Her time in Gemini was barely different, a little better, but not much, it would be a long time before she was able to sleep through the night simply because she was tired and needed rest. Years of fear and anxiety had made her a relatively poor sleeper, and extremely paranoid at night. Though she admitted that so far, Gemini seemed safe; knowing nothing of Tauro's death, or Kol's near death, or Kariya, or Falon, or Lev, or... wow Gem!

So she heard Iridescent's approach well before the woman cautiously arrived and spoke through the wisps of willow branches. For a moment she gave no indication she was there, easing the nerves that had made her worry it might be an enemy appearing. Eventually though she pushed through the tree to smile at Iri, the supposedly glowing woman. "Hallo Iri, I am home, just ah, catching up on some rest." Bullcrap, but as much as she liked Iridescent, Iaera wasn't in a place where she was willing to admit she was very sleep deprived. To the woman before her, it would look as if she'd just woke up, groggy and with bags under her eyes, not that she'd never went to sleep to begin with. The Whisper moved past Iridescent to the small stream near by to lap up a bit of water before turning back to her friend, "What brings you around?"

#CEA980

.profile.
.played by eclipse.

Offline Iridescent

• Initiate
  • Hellion
  • Liked: 4
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ut crescere disce est [Iaera]
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 04:13:08 PM »

The hellion stood awkwardly beside the willow, shifting her weight between her paws. Her ears stood straight and pointed forward, listening for any sound of movement inside the den. Maybe the Latin woman wasn't home? She bit her lip for a moment, letting out a small hummm as she debated whether to wait and see if the female made an appearance, or to head back to the beach and check back for the female later. She was just deciding to come back when she heard the sound of paws brushing against the dirt floor inside. The small female's face poked out from behind the willow branches and Iri felt her face stretch into a smile. But it faltered as she saw the tired expression on Iaera's face.

"Hallo Iri, I am home, just ah, catching up on some rest."

The poor thing looked as though her rest had been cut short prematurely. "Hello... I apologize, I hope I didn't wake you?" She tilted her head a little to her fellow Whisper, her purple eyes filled with concern. But Iaera moved past her to the creek that trickled by, so Iri watched for a moment as the female wet her palette before turning back to her.

"What brings you around?"

The tan and gray woman seemed alright, so her concern started to fade and her smile returned. "Why, I came to see you of course! Our conversation was rather limited last time by young ears, and I thought it might be nice to spend some time together where we don't have to... censor ourselves." She gave the female a toothy grin. She noted the improvement already in her friend's language barrier, and figured the easiest, least stressful way to make the transition would be to simply speak around her. Iaera wouldn't have to feel as though she were just a pup in lessons, and she could subtly correct mistakes the woman made without acting as though she were a hard, matriarchal Shephard intent on beating the language into her student. She could tell the Latin woman was a smart cookie; it wouldn't be hard for her by any means. They could simply enjoy some time together as friends and see where the day took them.

Played by Nicki