Author Topic: Promise [prp]  (Read 117 times)

Offline Maia.

• Gemini
  • Initiate
  • Liked: 12
  • Likes Given: 0
Promise [prp]
« on: June 15, 2017, 08:28:17 PM »
It wasn’t long ago that the star children of the Fallen King had traveled over the bridge that breathed with the tides, discovering the runic stones and decrepit tower with a large tongue at the very top. She remembered the ringing, the gong that rattled her to the very core, that vibrated the marrow in her bones, that reverberated deep into her soul. Never before had a sound shook the foundation of her existence, the eeriness of the island woven together with a behemoth before them.

She could remember it so clearly now as she stood along the Cliffside, the ocean spray misting her face with the smell of salty stone.

Maia raised her head to the sky, her body standing taller than ever before. Blue against blue faced together like a mirror, the heavens resting along the eyes of a lost King that now belonged to his daughter. The gulls above her soared along the edge of the Earth in search of food, and she wondered what it felt like to fly, to see everything. To see the world, to be one with the sky and the cosmos. Oh how the princess could fly up into the zenith to feel the stars between her paws, to be blanketed in the milky green gases of their galaxy.

But that wasn’t exactly what bothered her.

The blue gaze of the princess moved to the island in the far distance, nearly shrouded by the incoming fog. The black bridge that spanned during low tide was hidden by ocean waves, the churning sea crashing against the rocks below her. She wanted to swim, to test the might of Gods in order to prove she was strong enough and to overcome that demon that plagued her mind when her and her Aldebaran had visited.

She wanted answers.

The girl squinted against the salty spray, nose twitching to draw in the musk of the ocean. Maia didn’t want to be afraid, she wanted to conquer. She wanted to swim. A bridge was merely an illusion of the easy path that life laid out before them, and as a child of a King she could very well be an easy traveler, but what was the fun in that? She was like her mother, like her father, always willing to press forward with determination far greater than necessary.

Aldebaran.” she said, voice soft and serene. Alkaid knew he was there, he was always there in a way. “I wanna make a promise.

Just for you and me.

I breathe for you now
Yet you seek the dark infested home
Of my kind, look inside
Past the guarded walls of hope
Played by Gothy
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Offline Skylar

• Local happy camper~
  • Gemini
  • Apprentice
  • This is your personal text.
  • Liked: 30
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Promise [prp]
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 06:01:12 PM »
Skylar was moving through Gemini with more ease by the day. There was never any doubt as to how comfortable he felt in his home, but as he grew, his confidence grew as well. The young wolf was evolving into his fully grown form; not quite an adult, but well on his way to becoming one. At close to seven and a half months now, he was losing that puppy waddle and instead gaining a gait that told he was becoming older. More adult-like.

Then again, he was still prancing everywhere.

The star child was currently dancing along the grass and flowers, fur ruffling to the sea breeze coming in from the ocean. Joyful as ever, the boy was heading towards the sea. He loved the water still, despite the different things it had shown him. Tail wagging, light blue eyes peered about as he circled around the cliffs as he headed towards the distant sound of crashing waves. His attention was snagged, however, by the sight of his sister. Maia was standing at the edge of the cliffs, gazing up with the same wonder the two shared. It was as though they were twins.

They may as well be. When he spotted her, he was immediately drawn to his Alkaid like a red string of fate was tied between the two. The two Pleiades stars hung near each other, independent but always within reach of the other, just in case. Skylar smiled at her as he now turned to walk towards his sibling, but his expression sobered a little at seeing the castle in the distance. Like his sister, he too remembered their visit to the place. What had happened, and how they felt. It had stayed with him, and he could sense that it stayed with her too, even though they didn't say anything to each other.

"Aldebaran." There was no flinch of surprise. Alkaid knew he was there. She always knew, just like how he always knew when she was about. Like the sea spray lightly touching their pelts, he sensed her presence more often than not; as though their auras always reached for each other and touched to let the other know, I am here. I am here for you. "I wanna make a promise." Skylar softly approached, grass lightly crunching beneath his paws as he now paused at her flank. The position a soldier takes when standing near their leader.

"Anything, Alkaid." He would do anything for his sister. If there was one person Skylar would do whatever it took for, it was Maia. His Alkaid. His everything. "I am here." Here to protect you. Here to follow you into the depths of the cosmos. Here to accept the proposal you lay at my paws. It was uncanny how close they were, how at their young age they were willing to give each other so much. And yet.

It was all so natural.

-=played by Moons since 03/01/2017=-

Offline Maia.

• Gemini
  • Initiate
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 06:36:52 PM »
He came, of course, swiftly moving to her side as he stared out toward the island with just as much conviction as she. Their auras twisted against one another, fingers pulling at that small red string that intertwined with their destinies. Skylar knew that she knew without looking at each other, they were in sync. Maia would not look to him, she would continue to stare out across the ocean to the small patch of Earth that housed her nightmares. Thoughts swirled around her head much like the fog on the horizon, creeping along the ocean's surface to hide the monsters behind.

She sighed.

Maia finally turned to her brother, shoulders finally level with one another. They were growing, Maia sprouting from her small runty body into a lanky teen. They were growing, a smile spreading across her face as she realized that her promise could work soon. When they were grown, when they could take on the world head-on. "Brother" she whispered, leaning her head on his neck. She felt so at ease whenever he was here, heart fluttering in her chest as she felt so out-of-character with the island in the distance facing them.

Not for long. Soon, they would be face-to-face with the monster and they would get answers.

"We're growing." That much was obvious, but she pulled from him and stepped closer to the edge. Maia stood tall, eyes reaching up to the sky once more before they fell onto the tower's peak, the bell dull in the sunlight. She could not see the pillars from where they stood, but they were there, hidden in fog and tree trunks. "I want to go back, but. Not yet. We aren't strong enough." She knew that, knew that she was still just a child. Still weak. They had room to grow, however, and she was determined.

"I want to make a promise to some day go to the island. But... I don't want to use the bridge." Blue eyes followed the horizon until they fell on her brother once again. She would gauge his reaction before she moved forward with her proposal. She knew that he wouldn't back down, but at the same time, she didn't want to push him. "When we're big and strong, I want to swim there." She was ignorant to the dangers, of creatures and currents.

"Will you swim with me?"

I breathe for you now
Of my kind, look inside
Played by Gothy

Offline Skylar

• Local happy camper~
  • Gemini
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 10:10:45 PM »
Maia didn't look at him, but in all honesty she didn't have to. Skylar would swear he could feel her emotions, almost as if they were his own. Either way, his own blue gaze was turned to the ocean, the sea sending it's spray before them as the wind ruffled both their pelts. The turmoil of their experience within that tower across from them was expressed in the waves as they crashed and split among the rocks and the cliff face. It was a wonder this large chunk of dirt and rock held against the mighty force of the ocean itself.

Her sigh made his ears perk and his head tilt in her direction as he turned to look at her. That singular sound told a lot more than it likely did to others. When she smiled at him though, it was reflected on his own muzzle, a gentle smile spreading for him too. "Brother." Skylar leaned into the touch, making sure she knew he was there for her. He hummed gently and his tail swayed, placing a soft kiss on the top of her head. Even though eventually she would be quite taller than Skylar, right now they were near equal height. "We're growing." Yes indeed.

"Yep," he chirped as she pulled away and moved closer to the cliff. Skylar took a step forward too, glancing down at the ocean below them (wow that was a long way down) before focusing back on his sister. "I want to go back, but. Not yet. We aren't strong enough." Maia didn't have to explain. Light blue eyes flickered to the castle in the distance, showing he understood what she meant. It seemed like an eternity ago, and yet like it was only yesterday. "We'll become stronger, Alkaid." It was a certainty that he knew to be true. They would get stronger, and face whatever obstacles were thrown their way.

And protect each other through it all.

"I want to make a promise to some day go to the island. But... I don't want to use the bridge." His gaze flickered quickly back to her, surprise on his face as well as an uncharacteristically serious expression. Not the bridge? Skylar took in her expression, silently reading that determination so blatantly shining on her. His ears flickered back momentarily, but they swung right back and turned to her. Yes, he would do it. "When we're big and strong, I want to swim there." He looked now to the ocean, his eyes following the paths of many of the waves that traversed the large body of water. "Swim to the castle..." he whispered, his words almost lost to the wind as it was carried towards the castle itself. But he was sure Maia would hear him.

Then came the kicker. "Will you swim with me?" There was only a moment of silence before he turned back to the playful and happy brother that he was. "Yes, Alkaid! I will swim with you!" he announced, his tail lifting in a prideful stance as he declared his devotion. His acceptance of her proposal and promise. "We will get better, sis! We will swim and swim until we reach that castle and conquer it!" It was a good thing he had taken such an interest in swimming thanks to Anky. He turned his body so that it faced the ocean and he lifted his chin slightly. "We'll practice lots! Until we don't get tired no more!" Already he was forming a plan. Because if there was anything he loved to do, it was find a way to make Maia's dreams come true.

Like swimming to the castle in the middle of a tumultuous (and potentially deadly) ocean.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 10:14:30 PM by Moons »

Offline Maia.

• Gemini
  • Initiate
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 08:06:02 PM »
Maia smiled with the way Skylar so readily promised to swim with her when they became larger and stronger. "Then it's determined." she said, turning back to him and smiling wide with a hint of teeth between her lips. "We'll swim. For now though!!" Voice turned from serious to playful chirps, paws dancing to her brother. She was prancing in place for a moment, an indication that she wanted to race. He's seen it before, no doubt, and once he positioned himself she would take off.

Alkaid would lead her Aldebaran across the grassy lowlands along the wall through the forested area that breathed and up into the corner of Gemini's territory to find the faerie pools. A perfect place to practice. Maia, unlike Skylar, had no knowledge of swimming. The natural instincts would be her basis, but anything beyond that was merely imaginative. Panting, she would sit and catch her breath as she waited for her brother to cool down as well. "Man... that was... a long run..." she said, chuckling between her huffing.

As air became easier to process, she would stand once again. "You know how to swim, right? Teach me, let's practice." She would guide herself and her brother over to the water's edge and she would dip her arm into the water to gauge the temperature. It was cool, feeling good for the coming summer season.

Well, time to jump in.

Maia would leap into the water, splashing everything around her with glistening droplets of the clear pools. The cool water shocked her in some way, taking her breath as she swam around toward the shore once more, leaning with her arms out of the water. "Oh boy, that's cold." she chuckled, trying hard to stabilize her breath. After a few moments, her body got used to the temperature and she pushed herself more into the pool as she waited for her brother to jump on in.

"So, swimming King, let's see what you got."

I breathe for you now
Of my kind, look inside
Played by Gothy

Offline Skylar

• Local happy camper~
  • Gemini
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 09:20:54 PM »
"Then it's determined." It was set in stone! Skylar giggled happily, tail wagging at having made her happy once again. It was his secret project, to always make sure Maia had what she needed and to make sure she was always happy. It wasn't like he was against the idea either of going back -- he was just as determined to fulfill this promise and conquer their nervousness over that place. Whatever had happened back there that day, he wanted to do his best to fix it and make it better.

He smiled at his sister, even as she began to do her own little prance. "We'll swim. For now though!!" Ahh, he knew that stance. The little dance that meant they were going to run. Run like the wind, like no one could ever catch them! Skylar immediately grinned, lowering his front body in the universal canine invitation to play and race. He looked ahead of them both, and once he heard that first patter of feet that indicated Maia took off, he launched himself with her. He ran and ran, feeling the wind stream through his fur and he saw Maia's body half a length ahead of him. What fun this was! Any worries were carried off with the wind, such as any thoughts of that castle that plagued them both.

He chirped and giggled happily after his Alkaid, the Aldebaran following her every step of the way.

They darted through the grasses and across the meadows, and eventually Skylar realized they were heading to the fairy pools. What fun! He always had a good time here, and had met many others while here. Maia sat and caught her breath, and the star child joined his sister, tongue also hanging from his mouth. "Man... that was... a long run..." He chuckled too, looking at his sister. "But a... good one..." he added, nodding his head in affirmation. He always loved running with Maia, it was so freeing! Then he looked at her when she stood up and spoke again. "You know how to swim, right? Teach me, let's practice." Yes, Anky had taught him to swim. But he hadn't taught anyone before!

But if there was anyone he would love to teach, it was Maia!

"Oh boy, that's cold." Haha, it reminded him of Machete when he had shouted about how cold it was. Skylar lowered his body and wagged his tail before prancing over and dipping his paws in. Oh how he loved the water! Then he danced in too and splashed his way in, just as Maia backed into the water once again. "What fun, what fun!" he sang, tail wagging. "So, swimming King, let's see what you got." Skylar paused and lifted a brow at his sister with a grin. "I got lots, I'll have ya know! And I shall make you a Swimming Queen!" Yes he would!

Then he pranced away and threw himself into the deeper water, disappearing beneath the surface for a few long moments before he emerged again and paddled in place. "SO ya hafta pretend you're walkin' and just kick your legs so that you can move around the water." He was going to explain himself the best that he could. Skylar tread water in place before going back to Maia and giving her a kiss on her forehead. "And most importantly! We cannot breathe underwater so you MUST. HOLD. YOUR BREATH!!!" Big point Anky had emphasized for him, so he would pass that wisdom on to Maia.