Author Topic: the old man and the sea (OPEN)  (Read 150 times)

Offline [Keanu]

• nervous & concerned doggo
  • Saboro
  • Regular
  • Liked: 17
  • Likes Given: 3
the old man and the sea (OPEN)
« on: June 15, 2017, 12:49:47 PM »
The sands are nothing Keanu had ever seen before, the ocean itself is vast and frightening, like the fields of the In Between, but.. she can't.. look away. The sun had set hours ago, and here she sits, diligent and patient, waiting for the Sun to Rise and for her breath to be taken away. It won't be long now, she can see the dark sky growing lighter with reds and yellows.

Through the night she began to think of how she got here. Not just to Tortuga, but to a position that allowed her such freedoms to explore, while so many are restricted and confined to the jungles of Saboro. Some born and never allowed to leave, to see the beauty of the world outside. Keanu hums, she realizes the Ambassador program- and someday the Exchange- was not just beneficial for her 'career', but also for those who would never normally get the chance to see what she sees.

The Peregrine takes in a deep breath, her excited expression falls solemn now as she waits for the top of the Sun to crest the sea. Saboro has its own beauty that she appreciates, the jungles and the Waterfall, the people- they had been so kind to her (most of them, at least) and took her in, propelling her to the top of the food chain in no time, but.. she worked.. so hard for it. She looks to the ground, watching the sand, and wonders how hard it will hurt when she falls.

She reaches out to stroke her tail, the one that isn't there, but she feels it. She feels it twitch and the pressure of her paw across a long lost limb, and she smiles. Her eyes close and she imagines there is someone beside her, their warmth as real as the salty air.

When she arrived in Tortuga, the first thing she did was rest. She closed her eyes once finding a peaceful spot and slept, but her dreams were troubled and she woke from a nightmare. On a cliff, a steel-eyed demon with three heads held two wolves against the edge. One wolf was beautiful, made of sunflowers and smelled so sweet, while the other is a mix of scale and clay, and she is worried. She knows who they are, she doesn't need an expert to explain that part, but the demon calls for her to choose. 'Which do you want to save', it says, and she is scared. Choose? I have to choose?

Of course she has to. Her heart races, she opens her mouth, but no names are heard. Instead, she refuses. 'I can't,' she tells her demons, and the three heads nod. They let both figures go, and as she races forward to see where they are to end up, she is swallowed by an explosion of lava, she is forced to wake up. Alone.

And alone she sits, looking out across the waves as the Sun breaks way. Keanu takes a deep breath and exhales, listening to the morning and the footfalls of someone approaching.

"S-sorry if I was making noise, I didn't mean to disturb anyone."
The question is are you but some opportunist
A wolf caught befriending the sheep,
And I answer that I am confused and aloof,
And yet arrogant for Victory!
She says all the good words are the old ones,
And the short are preferred to the long
She says you should be weak and be good as of now
You're just evil and trying to be strong

color=#d56d1f

Offline Eremiel

• Leader
  • Regular
  • Liked: 30
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: the old man and the sea (OPEN)
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 01:06:26 PM »
Tortuga was filled with beautiful wonders that even Eremiel was not quite used to yet. Waterfalls and cliffs, vegetation of all sorts. So many spots to watch sunsets and sunrises across the sea. Sunsets specifically, were the more important part of the Quartermaster's routine, so he easily found one of many higher grounds to watch it, and spend a few good minutes on his morning prayers.

When he finally arrived, he realized someone has been him to the spot, someone who smelled foreign but not unfamiliar. The Saboran ambassador, he realized, was there to watch the sunrise as well. The smaller wolf smiled, a genuine gesture that reached his eye, and walked closer, making sure his footsteps are heard. Last thing he wanted was to scare the lady off of the cliff. Once she heard him, she turned, face full of concern, apologetic for no good reason.

"S-sorry if I was making noise, I didn't mean to disturb anyone."

A chest deep laugh escaped him, and the religious man shook his head. "Here I thought Saborans never apologize. You're alright sweetheart, I didn't hear you at all." he assured her, moving to stand beside her. For a few seconds he really looked at their height difference, nothing unfamiliar to the blue wolf, who's own children were mostly bigger than him. Then he would look back at the slowly appearing sun, and lay himself down.

"Morning are my favourite," he started, slowly lowering his head into his familiar and comfortable praying position. "It's a time to reflect and get ready for the day, to wish everyone well. And, well, get to work earlier so everyone thinks you're more responsible than you are." he snickered, closing his eye and letting out a slow breath. His ears stayed up and alert, listening to her if she chose to speak, but he let out a soft and short musical hum of his own.

"If you go through your day calmly first thing in the morning, nothing could rattle you through the day and night."

eremiel played by bun

Offline [Keanu]

• nervous & concerned doggo
  • Saboro
  • Regular
  • Liked: 17
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 01:26:34 PM »
It's Eremiel.

The pretty-eyed Quartermaster she inhaled at the border, who welcomed her with guard up and then open arms. Ah, she nods her head and smiles. 'Here I thougth Saborans never apologize.' Keanu straightens up, cocking her head and coughing while looking away to the ocean. "Well, I'm sor- ah.. um.. I believe there's nothing wrong with admitting fault, especially to allies," she begins to whisper and then glances back at the Quartermaster. 'Are you buying this?' her red eyes beamed.

'Mornings are my favourite,' he speaks and then lowers himself, to which Keanu is startled, but follows suit. She positions herself down as well, trying her best to imitate her companion. 'It's a time to reflect and get ready for the day, to wish everyone well,' and the peregrine's heart almost stopped. She felt a connection to this, she felt herself buzzing with excitement over someone who shared similar ideals.

She closes her eyes, as Eremiel did, and listens to the humming. It was beautiful, and she can feel the warmth of the Sun creeping across her face as she listens. 'If you go through your day calmly first thing in the morning, nothing could rattle you through the day and night.'

She nods, but realizes Eremiel probably can't see, and clears her throat. "Tortuga is so lucky to have someone like you, Quartermaster," she says softly, calming her body, her nerves, her mind. "You seem like such a.. kind soul.. It's.. hard to find someone b-beautiful, um.. inside and.. out.." she takes a deep breath, one that fills her lungs and more, then holds it. A few seconds pass, and she exhales. "I hope someday you can come to Saboro and.. perhaps.. speak more about this.."

Because LORD KNOWS Saboro could use a yoga master.

this is still open!!!! dont mind me, i just have a lot of keanu muse
The question is are you but some opportunist
A wolf caught befriending the sheep,
And I answer that I am confused and aloof,
And yet arrogant for Victory!
She says all the good words are the old ones,
And the short are preferred to the long
She says you should be weak and be good as of now
You're just evil and trying to be strong

color=#d56d1f

Offline Bat Kol

• Tortuga
  • Initiate
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 07:53:09 PM »
It wasn't often that the son left his own personal stretch of sand and surf for the mainland. More often than not, he was found somewhere near the Blind Watchman, playing barkeep with Gull, helping her out when he wasn't peering into futures and palms. But today, the boy with the starlight eyes had woken with an itch, a desire to do something different for a change. So, having decided before sunrise, he'd wandered until he found himself bathed in the light of dawn.

His red breast seemed wet in the light, as if he'd suffered a mortal strike, but the peace on his face as he pointed his sighthound muzzle towards the sun belied that. Inhaling a long, deep breath, he paused to soak up the touch of warmth like the hug of a loved one. It soothed his soul, a smile growing on his face as he listened to the world around him as it too awoke.

After a breath, he moved on. The leggy wolf mix had no idea where he was going, but it felt right to come this way, and he was encouraged when he heard the most familiar and welcome sound.

"If you go through your day calmly first thing in the morning, nothing could rattle you through the day and night."

Dad. His easy smile widened into a grin, and his rose ears pricked toward the sound, realizing that his dear parent was not alone. As he padded closer, tail arched behind him as he loped along, Batty noticed that the other was an unfamiliar wolf. When they came into sight, he let out a gentle whuff to alert them to his presence. Of course, his father was in a familiar pose, and the other seemed...nervous perhaps at what was going on, but the lanky wolf merely approached and sat opposite Eremiel, sandwiching the girl with the spotty face between father and son though he was careful to give her some space.

With twinkling eyes filled with starlight, he leaned over to peer at the two of them.

"I hope you don't mind if I join you. It's a lovely morning for meditating," he said in his soft voice. And if they didn't protest, he'd smile at his father and the other wolf, easing down into a laying position, his thick fluff fluttering as he settled his lanky body into a sphinx-like pose.

"I'm Bat Kol, but you can call me Batty. Everyone does. Is my father showing off again?" Batty teased gently, winking at Eremiel before floating back to the stranger, eyes dancing with good humor. "He's full of wisdom if you listen."

The adoration in his voice was obvious.

When the moon is in the seventh house,
And Jupiter aligns with Mars,
And peace will guide the planets,
And love will steal the stars.

This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius,
The age of Aquarius.
This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius,
The age of Aquarius.

Harmony and understanding,
Sympathy and trust abounding,
No more falsehoods or derisions,