Author Topic: toys for the local boys [PRP Schnee] [RII]  (Read 105 times)

Offline Chrysaor

• I'm afraid to open my eyes--
  • Saboro
  • Apprentice
  • I'd see that every flower is diseased.
  • Liked: 18
  • Likes Given: 9
toys for the local boys [PRP Schnee] [RII]
« on: June 12, 2017, 11:54:43 PM »
ooc: TOOK ME LONG ENOUGH!!! sorry RJ! Here it is. @RJ. @Schnee. (RP)

Chrysaor had not wanted to admit it, as was her approach to most things that troubled her, but she had been avoiding her responsibilities. During her last conference with the Harpies, she had been assigned a protege to personally mentor, and while caring for children had been a task she had embraced with gusto, supervision of adults was another matter entirely. Adults expected things from their own kind that children did not. So Chrysaor postponed and procrastinated and conveniently "forgot," allowing that scheduled introduction with her assignment to slip further and further down the calendar.

It was not until Chrysaor's heart to heart with Croatoan, and her unexpected promotion to Raptor, that Chrysaor strapped on her proverbial big-girl panties and confronted the great mess she had been pointedly ignoring. Perhaps the sudden weight of her responsibilities and the need to not disappoint her new matriarch served as a well-needed reminder to awaken Chrysaor to what needed to be done. Anglachel languished in the Temple, recovering from a life-threatening wound inflicted by their own sister, and Rine mourned a sibling he never connected with. The changes in the monarchy, the way her parents were becoming scarcer, and the cavalier way in which her understanding of Saboro's system was being rearranged by their successors -- the eruption that decimated not only the forest but the dreamworld playground of her childhood. Sappara's disappearance (not her desertion! her father's trusted would never abandon them!), Rifle's escape from the jungle. All these minor calamities were building towards something greater, and Chrysaor knew -- knew deep inside herself, more powerfully than ever, that she had to do something. Someone out there needed her, and maybe it was Saboro Herself that needed that savior.

Chrysaor swiftly walked through the forest, brain buzzing with rehearsed greetings and pleasantries perpetually rearranging, like her skull was swarmed with a cloud of flies. She struggled to remember Schnee's exact appearance, not necessarily because she was unmemorable, but because Chrysaor struggled to recall anything at all. She had taken the memory and tried to stuff it in her closet, and when she had at last decided to take it out of storage, it had been aged and smudged beyond recognition. She traced vague recollections of a white wolf (stupid -- you can't even remember a white wolf) to the riverbank of Lake Bethskyme, delaying the introduction for one more integral second as she tried to reassure herself that she had found the correct white wolf.

"E-Excuse me," Chrysaor said, her soft voice issuing almost unintelligibly from between the trees. She shyly approached, head held high, but her tail dragging on the ground behind her. "Are you Schnee? We've um-- met before. I'm Chrysaor, a Harpy, but you p-probably already know that-- I'm, uh, here to tutor you and... teach you how to be a Harpy."

She drew aimless circles on the soil below, the earth providing a helpful canvas on which her idle consciousness could project. "I know it's been a while and I was supposed to go to you sooner but I've been, um--" she trailed off. Tried to think of an excuse. Nothing came up, so she hurried along, hoping Schnee would disregard that tangent.

"Anyway, I hope we can-- get along and be friends," Chrysaor said, earnestly. She took a deep breath, ignoring the self-conscious, humilated flush that heated her face, and swallowed. "Why do you-- want to be a Harpy? I-Instead of something... else, I mean."
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 11:58:24 PM by Sunblink [Summer!] »
      Orphan girl, child, sing along
Stop the slaughter of our daughters
Poisoning the water
(Do you have love for humankind?)

Heartstrings broken, wearily tuned to the moon
Bastard widows born marooned

Nameless, faceless black-eyed soul
Slave to sorrow, find your way home

[ #FFBCD9 ] | played by Sunblink.
   » tracker

Offline Schnee. (RP)

• harpy of saboro
  • Saboro
  • Initiate
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: toys for the local boys [PRP Schnee] [RII]
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 06:18:12 AM »
(ooc: IT'S OK THIS RESPONSE ALSO TOOK ME A LONG ASS TIME I'M SORRY)

Schnee had some vague recollection of gaining a mentor along with her rank.

She found the idea somewhat offensive. She was more than capable of handling what Saboro and its youth had to offer. Her multicoloured coat was evidence of that. Once it had been a blinding shade of white, but nowadays it was always covered in grime, dirt and whatever things that the kids would cover her with. She may be a fox but she felt she had adapted well. Granted, she was not a die-hard fanatic for Saboro and what it had to offer but she understood the extent of the trust that had been placed on her by these wolves. To any other pack of wolves, she would most likely be a food item. Here, she was a babysitter.

It was a living, she supposed. But there was still a yearning for her own kind. She had not heard from Yukon in a while - despite following her here - and she was beginning to realise that she sometimes felt a longing for her own kind. And, by extension, the old times she had enjoyed during her time in Arcana. She desired to be around other foxes again. The fact was that being surrounded by savage, cannibalistic wolves sometimes made you feel a little bit... lost and small. Feelings that the proud, arrogant Schnee thought she would never admit to herself.

After all, if she allowed herself to dwell too much on the past, she would never have survived all these months.

"E-Excuse me,"

Schnee turned to see a dappled, red-eye female approaching her. Red tattoos decorated the areas around her eyes. The symbol of high rank in Saboro. For a moment, Schnee thought she was in trouble and groaned slightly. Great, she probably had another litter assigned to her. More squealing pups to try and keep in line, alongside the Fledglings. For a pack that was all about killing children, they were sure into having a ton of them.

"Are you Schnee? We've um-- met before. I'm Chrysaor, a Harpy, but you p-probably already know that-- I'm, uh, here to tutor you and... teach you how to be a Harpy."

The vixen offered Chrysaor a toothy smile. "There's only one fox around here called Schnee, and you found her," she responded in a flat tone, which was her way of being friendly. There was no real personality other than Schnee the wisecracking vixen, stuck in the wolf's den. "Also, I don't think I need lessons. I find that the children just gravitate towards me of their own accord."

With that, she indicated her filthy coat. She noted that the wolf was slightly nervous and a little bit hesitant. Perhaps the Vulture had arranged this meeting. With this assumption, Schnee relented and sat down. It would be a shame to pass up a social opportunity such as this, anyway. 

"But it doesn't mean I can't get some pointers."

She watched as Chrysaor slowly began to get to the point. Luckily, her time as a Harpy had taught her some element of patience. Her old, bitchy self would've probably done something rather rude, like yawn or spin a paw through the air to hasten the process. However, Schnee put these urges on hold. She was a smart woman and figured that, if the wolf was truly here to help, she would not resort to playing the insubordinate pupil. That was the job designated for the children.

"I know it's been a while and I was supposed to go to you sooner but I've been, um--"

Schnee's ear flicked, and she decided to fill in the blanks. "Busy?" she asked, with an ironic chuckle. "You can say it, Chrysoar. Our time spent looking after these precious little angels is never put on hold."

"Anyway, I hope we can-- get along and be friends. Why do you-- want to be a Harpy? I-Instead of something... else, I mean."

Oh, boy. Schnee had to admit that she had never wanted to be a Harpy in the first place. She had merely spouted off random bullcrap about tales of surprise adoption and babysitting to fall in favour with the sentries that had accepted her. However, she liked the awkwardness of the Raptor and felt surprisingly bad about the possibility of lying to her. So, a half truth was in order. "I'll be honest, I was contemplating being a sentry, because it's what I did in my previous clan," she admitted. "But I guess you could say I liked the idea of getting all close and personal with small wolves rather than the big kind. As a vixen, I've never been around wolves before so getting a rank where I'm around them during their entire life cycle has helped me grow used to their habits and customs that Saboro has to offer. Which I feel I need to do before I can offer it in return to this pack's little darlings."

Nothing like throwing in an 'eagerness to learn' during an interview with the boss.

PROFILECHARACTER BINplayed by RJ

Offline Chrysaor

• I'm afraid to open my eyes--
  • Saboro
  • Apprentice
  • I'd see that every flower is diseased.
  • Liked: 18
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 11:14:06 PM »
ooc: oopsie daisy forgot that schnee was a fox. i'm sorry!!!!

As Chrysaor gave Schnee a second glance, she realized that she was too small, her features too elegant, her tail too plumed, for her to be a wolf. Either she was a particularly diminutive sort or she was not a wolf at all-- and the longer she looked, the more Chrysaor came to accept that the latter was the most likely conclusion. She had never encountered a fox before. Somehow, the fact that Schnee was not a wolf made her feel more comfortable; as if her being another species challenged her misconceptions about wolf-kind as a whole.

Nevertheless, her polite dismissal was a punishing blow to Chrysaor's confidence. "Oh," she said quietly, trying not to sound too dejected -- and then her spirits perked as Schnee reconsidered her position. Chrysaor's tail swished behind her in a restrained gesture of relief.

As it turned out, Schnee had a gift for filling in the blanks. Busy? she suggested in the midst of Chrysaor's social floundering, supplanting her original absence with that magnanimous substiute. Busy was what most people said, but Chrysaor did not understand how most people worked, and the word had an intrinsically dishonest tang on her tongue. Busy doing what? Being useless? Nodding along to Schnee's interpretation gave her a compromise; after all, it was Schnee's fabrication.

"...Yes," she concurred after a short pause.

Maybe it was not as deceptive as she believed; though there had been a lull in recent births, the newly proposed changes to Saboro's infrastructure entailed additional responsibilities. And then there were the Fledglings, who were her top priority. Though the crowning of an unrelated batch of orphans felt like a defiance of tradition, Chrysaor had to admit that her response would have been less favorable if Sol Katti and Coven had produced a new batch of royal replacements. Success among her own family was evidently harder to digest, if Oriana's ascension was of any indication.

That Schnee had aspirations beyond being a Harpy came as a surprise, and was accompanied by a slight feeling of irrelevance. Was taking the chance to fulfill her obligations a useless gesture, then? Chrysaor swallowed down the feeling and tried not to let it tarnish her resolve. "Your old pack-- with other foxes?" The idea was genuinely fascinating to her. "What was that like? I'd like to know, I've--hm, never met a fox before, and I-I don't... leave Saboro." Her friend Eve, who was freed from slavery, might as well have been commended into a void. The war had filled in a few of the gaps that existed in Chrysaor's perception of the outside world, but the experience had been fleeting -- forgettable. All she remembered was a sleepy violet haze and the effluence of lavender.

Then, perhaps a bit more bluntly, but it was still a question that needed to be asked: "If you'd rather be a sentry, why not do that?" If being a Harpy did not bring Schnee any satisfaction, then Chrysaor's remedy was simple.
      Orphan girl, child, sing along
Stop the slaughter of our daughters
Poisoning the water

Heartstrings broken, wearily tuned to the moon
Bastard widows born marooned

Nameless, faceless black-eyed soul
Slave to sorrow, find your way home

[ #FFBCD9 ] | played by Sunblink.
   » tracker

Offline Schnee. (RP)

• harpy of saboro
  • Saboro
  • Initiate
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 02:52:25 PM »
(ooc: don't worry. I just assumed Chrysaor saw her as a miniature white wolf and rolled with it. <33)

"Your old pack-- with other foxes? What was that like? I'd like to know, I've--hm, never met a fox before, and I-I don't... leave Saboro."

"Oh, well, it was..." Schnee paused, finding herself unable to go on for a moment. Not because of sadness but more because of a stubbornness of trying not to feel positive emotions about her time in Arcana, to not admit to herself that she did indeed miss her home in the mountains. For Saboro was her home now. "It was... interesting. Foxes thrive on cunning and outwitting their enemies, so we spent most of our time trying to outwit or gain the upper hand on each other. There were no friendships, just rivalries. If there was any friendship with anyone there, I left before I could realise it."

She expected this wolf to perhaps pass some judgement on her due to this confession but she could think what she liked. Schnee had nothing to prove to Saboro, she had proven her loyalty over and over by looking out for its children and for trying to learn its code, so that she may pass it on. Even if Schnee was in a 'making it up as I go along' phase in her life, it was better than trying to look for something that was not there. Arcana had died, but she had not. She figured that accounted for something.

It was then that Chrysaor threw in a question that threw Schnee off slightly. A question that threatened to shatter the perfect image of professionalism and care that she had painted up in Saboro thus far. Something that picked at her insecurities.

"If you'd rather be a sentry, why not do that?"

A good question. And a valid one. Schnee mulled over her response. "Life is not about doing what we want over and over, Raptor," she responded with a shrug. "If there is a lesson I can teach our youth, it is that you should try things outside of your comfort zone. You should do things in this world that you think you could never do, that others thought you could never do. I never imagined myself looking after wolf pups but I took it, because I know that my charges will question why a fox is looking out for them instead of doing other things, very much like you are, and I can tell them what I'm telling you: you should take any challenge head-on. Naturally, being a sentry would be more comfortable for me, for I have previous experience, but where is the challenge in doing something you've done before?"

And where are the roleplaying opportunities? 
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 02:54:32 PM by Schnee. (RP) »

PROFILECHARACTER BINplayed by RJ