Author Topic: Absolution [prp]  (Read 112 times)

Offline Aeolus

• Former Messenger of Comunitare
  • Apprentice
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 0
Absolution [prp]
« on: June 12, 2017, 08:39:14 PM »
@ypput <3

He sat outside his den watching the night turn into dawn with the rising of the sun. The colors were beautiful, stunning even, but despite the vivid colors on display in all their glory he found himself unable to focus on appreciating them as his mind was troubled over the fact that in all the time he'd been here he had yet to find the one called Blaise, the very one who was responsible for his being here. It was a bit strange perhaps, even to himself, that someone he'd never even met should have achieved such a thing but that was precisely what had occurred. It hadn't been a simple or particularly pleasant affair at the time and even the memories of the events that had transpired then caused him to cringe as the guilt and sense of failure, his now dull but ever constant companions, pressed down on him in this quiet time of contemplation. The thoughts spun around and around churning endlessly in his mind until he was left with the inescapable fact that he needed to find a way to complete his mission, ideally by finding Blaise, in order to ease and lighten the weight of guilt he felt in moments like this. If he couldn't find the intended recipient though he would need to determine a suitable substitute, the one that came to mind was Moons the Marchioness. She was the one he'd reported to during the war and as she was not the intended one to receive the message, if she was the one he told it was likely to be more akin to a report than an actual message so it seemed like it would be..fitting if the need for it arose.

First he would try and find Blaise though. He stood up and took a moment to stretch the stiffness of sitting for so long from his limbs and to allow the feeling to return to them before he set out. He did not immediately begin searching for the name's owner as he had a duty as a Sentry to patrol the borders and as Page was also supposed to take manners and diplomacy into account and he didn't wish to take the chance of waking anyone so early in the morning with his searching as that would hardly be considerate but he also did not wish to provide an opportunity for any who meant Inaria ill to cause harm to those within by failing to report to his post at the borders. He made his circuit carefully, and methodically so as to be thorough and to allow enough time to pass so that he would not be unduly disturbing anyone earlier than need be and then made another for good measure. Once he had completed his second inspection of the borders he began heading inwards where he hoped he would be able to find the one called Blaise.

It was a challenge to be sure trying to locate someone he'd never met before which meant not having a scent to go by, but he did have a description and so he followed any scent he didn't recognize until the owner came within view and so by process of elimination found himself here standing before a wolf he seemed incredibly old yet incredibly young at the same time. Of course while he did fit the description it did not mean that it was the one he'd been searching for. The war had taken quite a toll on Inaria's numbers making it just as possible that Blaise was no longer among the living as it was that he'd finally found him. There was only one way to know. "Greetings sir". He began with a respectful nod of his head as manners dictated that elders were to be respected and then continued. "I am looking for someone called Blaise, perhaps you know of him and where I might be able to find him?". Once his question was asked there was nothing left to do except wait either for confirmation or denial and whatever else of an answer the elder chose to give him.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 08:40:31 PM by Aeolus »

Offline .Blaise.

• Inaria
  • Regular
  • .Played by ypput.
  • Liked: 13
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: Absolution [prp]
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 08:24:41 AM »
Dawn was the best time to venture out. The sun was not yet at its zenith and a light dew still carpeted the dropping leaves and grass blades making then shine with a bright halo. The birds were all awake and piping their little hearts out, trilling to each other and cooing. It looked like it would be a perfect summers day. Blaise rose slowly from the entrance to his den where he had been sitting, watching the stars fade into daylight, and stretched his old bones with a lot of creaking and cracking and a fair deal of grumbling. "Not as young as I used to be." He muttered to himself, stating a fact that was true of everyone not just himself. He rolled his left shoulder, feeling the knotty muscle ease a little bit, it had never been the same since he received a deep bite there many years ago, but now it bothered him more and more. Then again, that was just like everything else, from the weather to kids these days, he though with a wry smile. Getting old sucked.

The grey hairs on his nose - that he had studiously ignored in the hope they might just go away - had multiplied and spread over the years with little regard to his feelings on the subject. He knew he was getting old, he knew it was inevitable, it happened to all the lucky ones that lived a long - and mostly happy - life. The end came slowly with a lot of aches and pains, the slightly yellowed and clouded vision and the general pervading feeling of just being so tired. Still, he would have appreciated if he at least didn't have to look old as well as feel it. Getting old was a weird process, he'd go to sleep one night and the next morning, seemingly out of no where, there would be a another determined hair sticking crazily out of his left ear. For what purpose he was sprouting way ward hair he could not begin to imagine. His blonde coat was still as thick and as ever, though it was coarser now and dusted with grey at the tips giving him an almost ghostly sheen as if his colours were still as bright as ever but just obscured behind a veil. His fur did something to hide the affects of age on his bony body at least, however his legs were harder to hide and they more clearly showed he had spent a lifetime of running hither and thither on their thin and sinewy lengths.

"Greetings sir. I am looking for someone called Blaise, perhaps you know of him and where I might be able to find him?"

He had not gone far before he found himself face to face with another wolf who nodded his head respectfully and Blaise inclined his own head in response. He had to admit he quite enjoyed this whole respect your elders thing, it was so stupid but it meant you could get away with so much. You could be so blunt and tell anyone exactly what you thought of them and they just put it down to you being a bit senile which was brilliant! "Know exactly where you can find him." Blaise replied, "He's me and I'm stood right here... And you are?" Blaise looked at the black and white wolf and frowned, not because he was displeased with the interruption but because he was hoping this guy was a stranger. Unfortunately it was quite possible that he knew him but had just forgotten who he was... It wouldn't be the first time and it was always a bit awkward. First the body now the mind, his flesh was betraying him at every turn. Getting old sucked.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 08:36:22 AM by .Blaise. »

Offline Aeolus

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 10:12:02 AM »
The other returned the respectful nod and then gave him the confirmation that he'd only half been expecting to hear. He stood motionless a moment as the strange feeling of..relief washed over him. He could finally, after all this time, deliver the message he had been sent to deliver. "I am Aeolus sir, I was sent here by a wolf called Rai to deliver a message". He paused a moment to give the elder, and himself, time. This was a message that was long overdue, so long overdue as to be pointless as the circumstances that had been when he'd been given the message were no more. He was no longer a messenger from another pack here to form an alliance as the pack that had sent him had long since fallen to exist only in the memories and stories of the ones who'd been there. Now he was here not as a foreigner but as an Inarian, the very pack and individual he'd been sent to deliver the message to. It was strange how things were sometimes but that was life he supposed, full of ironies that one never expected or planned to have happen to them but that still never stopped them from happening. It was time to deliver the message, or at least the second half of it as the first part of alliance was no longer possible as the pack no longer stood.

"She wished me to tell you she was sorry for any worry or grief she caused by leaving, that she had appreciated your friendship greatly and she wanted you know that she was happy where she was and she hoped that you would not hold it against her". The message he'd been sent to was now finally delivered but his task was still not done. He allowed the elder a moment to process what he'd just been told before he again spoke to deal with the issue though he wasn't quite certain how to deal with it. "I apologize for the lateness of the delivery..". It was a gross understatement but it was all he could think of as it was also true and it reminded him of the guilt, of the weight of failure once again though now at least there was the silver of having finally gotten the message delivered but. "It is one that is far too long overdue". He finished his tone not just serious but somber.

There were many things he could not take back and this was one of them. The one who had sent this message was gone and he could not turn back time to be able to bring her back to allow the two to mend whatever needed to mended in the relationship, whatever kind it had been, that they had shared. It was something he would have to live with for the rest of his days just as all others had to live with their own mistakes and failures that he was not alone on that did not bring him any real comfort though which made him wonder if it brought anyone comfort. Did misery truly love company or was it nothing more than hollow words? It was something he might never learn the answer to but then some questions he supposed were never meant to be answered anyway.

The questions that were likely to be posed to him by Blaise about the message however was another matter. They would be hard to answer, painful even perhaps but they were questioned that probably did need answering if not for his own peace of mind than for Blaise's. The elder deserved that at least, or as much of it as he could give, though he wondered how much peace of mind the answers he could provide would give when there was so much he'd never had the chance to know.

Offline .Blaise.

• Inaria
  • Regular
  • .Played by ypput.
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 06:52:23 AM »
"I am Aeolus sir, I was sent here by a wolf called Rai to deliver a message."

Rai? That Rai? It had been so many years since he had seen or heard of her, it felt like that had been in another life time. They had both been so young then. Rai had been spirited, fun and affection - Perhaps too affectionate with all the little licks on his nose and longing looks... It had been something they never spoke about because they both knew his heart belonged with Kita. As much as he might have loved Rai it wasn't enough; to choose her would be settling and she deserved someone who was crazy about her, like he was for Kita. Still there was a what if hanging there too. What if he had settled? What if it had been enough? What if he had learned to love her the way she wanted to be loved... Where would they all be now?

"She wished me to tell you she was sorry for any worry or grief she caused by leaving, that she had appreciated your friendship greatly and she wanted you know that she was happy where she was and she hoped that you would not hold it against her."

She was happy. That was good. That's what he wanted for her. He smiled, pleased with the news, his tail swaying back and forth slowly. A goodbye would have been nice but he understood she might have found it too painful, or lost her resolve to leave, if she saw him. At the end of the day if she felt getting some distance from him and Inaria was what she needed to get to grips with her life, and escape a love that was unintentionally one sided and cruel, then how could he be mad? Besides it was so long ago now, time was famously a great healer. Though that did make him wonder why was she sending such a message now? Was she growing old like him and thinking back on her days, wanting to make things right where she could? He knew he had a few things in his life he wanted to set straight before the end and that the clock was ticking ever faster... He flicked his ears, feeling a sudden chill, best not dwell on that now. He smiled at the deliverer of his good news and was about to open his mouth to thank him and ask some inevitable questions like where was she, how was she, had she met someone who was crazy about her and did they have six kids... But Aeolus spoke again.

"I apologize for the lateness of the delivery. It is one that is far too long overdue"

Overdue? Aeolus' tone was so somber - had it always been? He hadn't noticed, he'd been too caught up in his own thoughts. Blaise frowned, his wiry brows knitting together, a sinking feeling in his stomach. "I don't..." He began, because he thought he did understand, he just did want to. "How long is it since you saw her?" It had gone from happy news, an old friend sending a greeting, to what sounded like a bleak recital of her last words. "Is she still alive?"
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 06:55:48 AM by .Blaise. »

Offline Aeolus

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 03:10:31 PM »
He had known to expect them but there was a big difference between expecting the questions and knowing how to answer them. They were difficult to answer despite the seeming simplicity of them but then he supposed that was something he would have to get used to as it was likely to be a fairly common occurrence for any diplomatic issues he attended. It was hardly a good idea to go revealing every secret one knew to anyone, even if the anyone was an ally or he supposed, a fellow packmember unless it was one of the alphas. As that was hardly the case here he was left trying to figure out how to answer the questions so as to cause the least amount of pain as he didn't want to cause anymore harm than he already would be. There was also the issue that there were something he didn't know, at least not with any real certainty. The uncertainty was the problem. If he told Blaise he didn't know, which he didn't, the elder would likely worry and fret for who knew how long perhaps til the end of his days. If he told him she was dead he would likely ask how which presented the problem that he didn't know if she even was dead and if she ever showed up here, alive, that would cause all sorts of problems. Saying she was alive though, could also cause problems and wasn't exactly honorable either and something he wasn't likely to be able pull off without getting caught besides.

Apparently he was going to have to give long explanations rather than short ones, but wasn't that always the way of things? For such seemingly easy, simply things to quickly become far more difficult and complex than initially thought? "It has been a long time, years, since I last saw her. As for whether she lives still or not I do not know". That was the simple answers out of the way now he supposed it was time for the more in-depth part of things. "When I last saw her she was the alpha of a small pack in the marshes, Communitare. I was new to the pack when she called a summons. When I arrived she informed me that the pack was struggling, she had already sent other messengers off to deliver messages of their own but she wished another message delivered here and so she promoted me on the spot and assigned me the task of delivering the message to make amends with you but also of seeking an alliance between Inaria and Communitare". He paused a moment to give the elder time to process what he was being told and then continued.

"Shortly after I left the..volcano erupted. I..was in the mountains nearby when it did the ground shook violently and there was landslide. I didn't know when or where it would stop so I ran. I wasn't sure where I had ended up but before I could figure it out and how to get to Inaria ash began to fall and shortly after than came burning rain so I took shelter until the worst was over and then began trying to find my way home to inform..Lady Rai that..that I had failed". Which to the rational side of him made perfect sense that a volcanic eruption and having to outrun a landslide would stop anyone from being able to get anything done but the emotional side of him felt as if he should have been able to find away, that he should have somehow been able to out think the volcano and the mountainside that had given way with him right in the danger zone to get the message through but instead....

"When I finally figured out how to return home I was greeted by one of my superiors just shy of Communitares border. He told me that he had been waiting, that Communitare was no more. He said that Lady Rai had fallen ill when the water within the pack had become clouded with ash and that it burned to drink. He said the healers had done what they could but it hadn't been enough and none of the other messengers that had been sent out to seek aid had returned and so Communitare had fallen and Lady Rai had vanished in the night. He said that the healers who had been treating her presumed she would die due to the state she was in but they did not know for certain. They said if she could get to a healer with the right supplies she might survive but I and my superior were unable to find out if any of the packs nearby had taken her in as even ones that might have taken her in would have likely not allowed myself and my superior in as supplies were low and the packs at that time carried scents that seemed to be exclusively wolf and my superior was a Saber". He paused again both to catch his breath and to once again allow Blaise time to process everything.

"I and my superior decided that rather go where we weren't likely to be received well we would stay and wait to see of any more of our pack would return. When others came to claim the lands we had called home we left and eventually parted ways. He left to sort out his own personal matters and I..I came here to complete my task as she would have wanted and would have believed I could do". The rest was history and probably obvious history at that. He had arrived and joined in time to participate and help during the war and afterwards had become a messenger of Inaria just as he had once been for Communitare only here he was not just a messenger but a Sentry as well. He hoped he would not fail this pack as miserably as he had failed his former home.

Offline .Blaise.

• Inaria
  • Regular
  • .Played by ypput.
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2017, 07:04:47 AM »
"It has been a long time, years, since I last saw her. As for whether she lives still or not I do not know. When I last saw her she was the alpha of a small pack in the marshes, Communitare. I was new to the pack when she called a summons. When I arrived she informed me that the pack was struggling, she had already sent other messengers off to deliver messages of their own but she wished another message delivered here and so she promoted me on the spot and assigned me the task of delivering the message to make amends with you but also of seeking an alliance between Inaria and Communitare".

The pauses between were brief but Blaise appreciated them. The best years of Blaise's life had been spent running messages back and forth breaking news that was sometimes good, but more often than not bad. Everyone had their own way of doing it, some liked to just spit it out and get it done with, like they were ripping the scab off a wound. Others, like himself and Aeolus, liked to give some time let it sink in so the recipient was not too overwhelmed. From a purely professional standpoint he approved of Aeolus' methods, sending someone into a melt down was unlikely to get you much of a coherent response to take back after all.

He drank in the information about Rai, starting to paint a picture for himself of her life since she left Inaria. The Rai he knew had been flighty and a bit of a responsibility shirker if they were being honest, so to hear she had carved out her own pack in the Marshes was a surprise, she never seemed the type. He would have thought there was a mistake and it was another Rai, except she knew his name and where to find him. Then again they had been very young when they had know each other, age had probably changed her just as much as it had him.

"Shortly after I left the..volcano erupted. I..was in the mountains nearby when it did the ground shook violently and there was landslide. I didn't know when or where it would stop so I ran. I wasn't sure where I had ended up but before I could figure it out and how to get to Inaria ash began to fall and shortly after than came burning rain so I took shelter until the worst was over and then began trying to find my way home to inform..Lady Rai that..that I had failed".

What a day that had been, who ever imagined that one day the sun wouldn't rise, the ground would shake and the sky would rain down burning coals? Not him. He had thought it was the end of the world and the religious lot had been right after all."We all remember that day." Blaise said kindly, nodding, not wanting to interrupt Aeolus' flow but wanting to give him some encouragement.  He was starting to realise this message was as personal to Aeolus as it was to himself, it was about his friend but also about Aeolus' failure. If only Aeolus knew all the failures in Blaise's life he might not judge himself so harshly. They had been far more spectacular, damaging, and self made rather than inflicted by a natural disaster. There was that one time in the Marshes... Yeah, that had been a right royal eff up.

"When I finally figured out how to return home I was greeted by one of my superiors just shy of Communitares border. He told me that he had been waiting, that Communitare was no more. He said that Lady Rai had fallen ill when the water within the pack had become clouded with ash and that it burned to drink. He said the healers had done what they could but it hadn't been enough and none of the other messengers that had been sent out to seek aid had returned and so Communitare had fallen and Lady Rai had vanished in the night. He said that the healers who had been treating her presumed she would die due to the state she was in but they did not know for certain. They said if she could get to a healer with the right supplies she might survive but I and my superior were unable to find out if any of the packs nearby had taken her in as even ones that might have taken her in would have likely not allowed myself and my superior in as supplies were low and the packs at that time carried scents that seemed to be exclusively wolf and my superior was a Saber"

The picture he had been painting in his mind stopped at no more than a rough outline, even then it was a grey and dull portrait of her life. He didn't want to fill in any more details. There was no colour to add unless is was a splash of blood red... He didn't want to imagine that. "She is dead then." Blaise said softly, "I see." There was a faint glimmer of hope that she might had made it through... But realistically? If he was younger he would have charged off to look for her full of hope and denial and at forlorn situation. Now? He was too old, he didn't have any charges left in him, and he knew the world too well to think it would have shown mercy.

"I and my superior decided that rather go where we weren't likely to be received well we would stay and wait to see of any more of our pack would return. When others came to claim the lands we had called home we left and eventually parted ways. He left to sort out his own personal matters and I..I came here to complete my task as she would have wanted and would have believed I could do".

"At least we gained you." Blaise said smiling as kindly as he could, grasping for the only positive he could in what had turned a bright morning into a fairly bleak one. "Thank you for telling me all this. It brings some closure to know the end of her story..." Blaise said, gently lowering himself into a sitting position, feeling his old bones creak and complain. He didn't ask any more question because he just didn't want to know any more. He already felt wearier, another part of the world he had know was gone, had been gone for a long time, but now he knew it was so. "There seem to be so many endings recently." He murmured, mostly to himself. So little was left of the world of his youth - Who was left in Inaria who he could muse with about the rule of Whitewind and Grayback? Or talk about the Swiftkill and the other banished Blackbloods with... When anyone spoke about 'the War' these days they meant with Saboro, but to him the War was and always would be the one they had fought against Stoneclaw, but no one else still remembered that, it was all ancient history, perhaps a few lines of a story and nothing more to those living now. He was a relic, but only recently had he started to feel like one. 

Offline Aeolus

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 11:18:34 PM »
"I believe so". He answered to the elder's statement of Rai being dead. It was not what he had thought he would be saying all that time ago when he'd set out to bring the alliance request but once the dominoes had been set in motion with the volcanic eruption there had been no way to get ahead of them before they'd led him here, to this sad, depressing moment. He listened as Blaise tried to put a more positive light on things but, "I wish it had been more". Inaria gaining him hardly seemed, or felt, like a fair exchange for what it had lost, for what Communitare had lost all because he couldn't get the message through on time. Inaria deserved better than the likes of him but all he had to give to try and set things right was himself and all he could do was hope that one day it would be enough. He doubted he would ever be enough to make up for all the pain his failure had caused to so so many, including the one still before him. The one who might not live long enough for the pain to even fade to dull throb.

He watched as Blaise slowly sat down wishing so many things had been different from what they really were. When Blaise voiced his appreciation at knowing the end of Rai's story he nodded sadly, "I wish I could have brought you word of a happier story instead of..". He allowed the sentence to hand in air not wanting to give the unnecessary reminder of how tragic an end the story had. When the elder went on to talk about all the endings lately he didn't really know what to say. What could he say? In the light of truth there wasn't much to be said as there had been many endings lately but it also seemed wrong to not try and encourage the elder who had tried already more than once to encourage him despite receiving such tragic news. He needed something but..nothing came to mind really.

It started to feel like yet another failure since being able to figure out what to say on any occasion he supposed was part of his job and yet once again he was struggling. He knew what he wanted his end goal to be he just wasn't quite sure how to get there without causing more pain. He had to say something though and so while it wasn't his first or even second or third choice it was the only thing, the entirely unfitting, thing he could think of to try and help ease the pain he had caused. "There have sadly been many endings lately, more ending than anyone deserves to feel..but from those endings have come new beginnings so all the endings..they have not been in vain".  He didn't really know what else to say, he didn't even know if this would help but it was all he had to offer. Perhaps one day if luck and fate chose not to favor him and Inaria he would have more experience in these types of matters and how to handle them better but for now he was simply doing the best he could.

Offline .Blaise.

• Inaria
  • Regular
  • .Played by ypput.
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 04:22:51 PM »
"I belive so... I wish it had been more"

"It's not what we would have chosen maybe. But it's not like we get asked is it? It's what we got." Blaise shrugged, it was what it was and it was better than nothing. Besides he was pleased they got Aeolus out the bargain, it was good to see they had some competant new talents to work with as the older ones faded away. He should tell Felix about him, get him to go talk to him, be good to get that boy into the family business and get all those crazy ideas about being an Elite guard out of his head.

"I wish I could have brought you word of a happier story instead of.."

"Don't shoot the messenger," Blaise smiled lopsidedly, "Facts are what they are, it's your job to deliver them, I did it myself for years. Had to go all over the place back in the day. Went all the way to the Outlands -not that they call them that any more- once, the heat was something I can tell you!" It took him a minute to realise he had digressed severly and was about to wander dangerously close to the territory of telling old war tales. He suddenly realised how easy it was to become that lonely and desperate grey nose who everyone tried to avoid for fear of getting cornered and talked to death with stories about places and people who didn't exist anymore. "Anyway it was a long time ago." He finished succintly, flicking his eyes away to the trees wistfully. He moved his clouded golden eyes back to Aeolus and dipped his head slightly. "I meant it when I said thank you. I was glad to hear of her one last time. I know Rai would be glad too." He tried to imagine her as old as him, her grey fur even greyer and frizzy but nothing came, he could only picture her young and laughing with him. She would never grow old, not to him. He swallowed away a tighteness in his throat, saving the creeping sadness for later.

"There have sadly been many endings lately, more ending than anyone deserves to feel..but from those endings have come new beginnings so all the endings..they have not been in vain."

Blaise wasn't quite sure what new beginings there had been, he hadn't seen any - bodies, lots of bodies, sure - not so many beginings. He shrugged and made a a vauge "Hmmmb," noise that could pass for agreement. He didn't want to puncture the positivity Aeolus had found even if he didn't quite agree with it. Besides an old mans gripes were hardly what anyone wanted to hear.

"Well." Blaise said and then said nothing more for a momement, just stopping, staring at his paws, lips slightly pursed as if in thought. "I should be getting on." He had literally nothing to do that day other than be alone with his memories, still they occupied a lot of his time and now he had some in particular to paw over. Oh Rai. Why? Even as he thought it he knew that was a question of his that rarely got an answer. He pushed himself back to his feet, "Aeolus? Wasn't it? I hope to see you again..." He wasn't sure he would get his wish. "Though do me a favour," Blaise added with a rueful smile as he stretched, his joints cracking loudly, "If you have any more stories about my old friends, keep them to yourself huh?" He was only half joking.

Offline Aeolus

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 06:45:32 PM »
No fate didn't ask was all he could think as he shook his slightly in silent agreement with Blaise's statement. The lopsided grin and remark about not shooting the messenger got a slight smile in return since he couldn't not smile at that being a messenger who didn't want to 'get shot' for delivering a message someone didn't want to receive. The comment about Blaise having been a messenger himself definitely got his attention, not that he hadn't already been devoting his attention to Blaise just..he was a bit intrigued by that discovery and the fact that he hadn't been given any lecture for being late with the message. Though the rest was also interesting and he found himself feeling somewhat disappointed that what sounded like a good start for a story didn't seem to be going beyond that. He shouldn't be surprised though he supposed, after getting the news he'd just gotten it was probably no wonder that Blaise wasn't in the mood to tell stories about the past. It would be good to know those stories though so while he wouldn't ask directly as that would be rude and quite insensitive all things considered he could still let the elder know he was interested in hearing more. "It is a good thing to know what happened long ago, it can provide valuable lessons for future generations and can be rather interesting as well".

That should convey his interest in hearing more history but without causing Blaise to feel pressured to begin recounting anything right now when he was likely more in want of time to process and..perhaps also to grieve. He dipped his head in acknowledgement of Blaise's words of thanks and again when he seemed to agree with his words about new beginnings then things seemed to stall as Blaise seemed to start to say something and then..he wondered if he should excuse himself or simply wait. He didn't want to overburden the elder with his continued presence if the retired messenger wanted to be alone but then..he supposed a retired messenger would know and be able to maintain enough presence of mind to let another another know that they could leave so he opted to simply wait and see if Blaise was going to say more.

When he did it was clear that if he had been going to say something different before he was now making it clear that his job was finished with a quiet dismissal. He nodded in acknowledgement and prepared to leave when Blaise addressed him again. "Yes sir, it is. I hope to see you again as well under pleasanter circumstances and perhaps you could tell me more about Inaria's history". There a true but still polite, at least he hoped, invitation or..was it a request? for the elder to finish that story about the Outlands and the times he knew before as he rather wanted to hear about well..all of it. At the mention of doing him a favor he listened carefully and given the smile rather figured he wasn't being entirely serious so he gave a slight smile of his own and replied, "I'll try and keep that in mind". Then with a nod of farewell he would leave the retired messenger to himself and get back to his regular duties.

((and I think that might be it for this thread..or do you wanna go again with Blaise?))