Author Topic: curiosity [Lucius]  (Read 55 times)

Offline Addereon

• Tortuga
  • Initiate
  • "Don't be shy, sweet thing."
  • Liked: 15
  • Likes Given: 21
curiosity [Lucius]
« on: June 10, 2017, 07:09:44 PM »
Addereon lounged upon a large rock overlooking a river, a half-eaten fish between his paws. Bored blue eyes took in the activity around him, watching birds flit about in the trees and a vast variety of fish swim in the river below. He was so bored. Tortuga was a grand, wonderful territory, but he found himself lacking things to do. He'd already cured several hides, all of which he'd stowed in his den, and his paw had made a full recovery from the bite he'd received from a sea lion days prior.

Inaction was his mortal enemy. Unlike some males of his species, Addereon existed with an electric current running through his veins propelling him to move. Though he was glad that Tortuga was safe, he longed for some sort of discourse, something to break the chain of beautiful, sunny days. He wanted challenge. It probably didn't help that he had lingered away from the main places the pack frequented, but, well. Adder couldn't help that when he was around large groups of others he usually ended up starting a fight. He just... didn't care about most of their opinions, and he didn't care to let them know it either.

Well. Maybe he was a little abrasive.

Movement in the brush drew his attention, eyes sharply focusing as he stood from his perch to get a better look. Two wolves--packmates, no doubt, this far in the territory--but what were they doing? He hopped down from the rock, landing with a heavy thud on all four paws before stretching languidly as he made his way toward them. As he drew closer he recognized one of them--a striker, though he couldn't put a name to the face. It was a forgettable face, and he didn't usually dwell on wolves that didn't immediately draw his attention.

The other wolf, though. It had a coat unlike any he'd ever seen before; dark, light, glittering, gorgeous. Adder would've spared a thought to how Tortuga's gold hoarding tendencies were starting to rub off on him, if he could've drawn his eyes from the interaction long enough to do so. A scallywag? "Hello," He purred, voice velveteen as he exited the cover of the bushes he'd been lurking in, stepping into the light with a nod at the Striker. "What's your name?" Simple questions first, Adder. Then you can ask why the hell the male didn't already have half the gold-crazy wolves of Tortuga underneath his spell.

Well. He'd caught a lion, at least. For now.

I'm out of my head
Of my heart, and my mouth
Cause you can run
But you can't hide
I'm gonna make you
mine

Offline Lucius`

• Tortuga
  • Initiate
  • there is no war upon the bay
  • Liked: 9
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: curiosity [Lucius]
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 11:18:48 AM »
Confusion. Bewilderment. Disgust. Rage. There were a great many emotions twisting through his gullet along with a healthy dose of desperation. Desperation because his way of life had decreased drastically, fury because he’d managed to place himself in such a precarious situation. The first moment his paws had hit the edge of this world he should have made some sort of… plan to turn back toward the sea. Unfortunately, he’d been to weak, to water logged, and the former captain had become prey to…

Pirates.

He could see that now, in the rambunctious demeanor of those that surrounded him. In the gaze of those that kept him prisoner, in their mannerism and culture. They were unique, a peculiar sect of barbarian, but Lucius was no stranger to the licentious. Ultimately, he held a strong belief that they were all the same. All maddened and bloodthirsty and hungry for the flesh of the weak and unfortunate. Right?

Right…?

It’s difficult to really say. He spent his days as a peon, toiling about with pelt wet from muck and grim. He’d lost a bit of weight, his ‘happy pounds’ melting away due to the overall grind and the fierce fight for survival among the other rabble. Yet, he was always calm and collected when they approached him for… relief from the drudgery and that was why he’d been allowed out now.  That or, perhaps, his beautiful disposition—though he wasn’t certain what to make of it, the idea that people thought him handsome and not fearsome.

He’d been nosing about in the brush when a voice rolled toward him and always cordial, despite his horrible predicament he’d lift his head to utter a soft and husky reply. Instead, however, once his eyes came upon the beast he’d… gasp. Mostly because he’d never seen such a thing before. The wolf at his side is obviously not impacted but Lucius is tense, his gaze wide, his jaw open in half greeting. What is this? Who is this? It’s so huge!

Hello! He garbles, anxious and arched like a disgruntled house cat. "I... it's Lucius."
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 11:19:30 AM by Lucius` »

i'm pulling my weight
in
gold
call me anxious, call me broke
i can't lift this on my own

#ffd740

Offline Addereon

• Tortuga
  • Initiate
  • "Don't be shy, sweet thing."
  • Liked: 15
  • Likes Given: 21
Re: curiosity [Lucius]
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 06:29:17 PM »

Adder couldn't keep the smirk off his face at the reception he received. It seemed that many of the canines in the straights hadn't ever seen lions before; or at least, hadn't seen any as large as him. It was a strange, flattering feeling after being in a pride of so many for so long. Tortugans had received him well, clearly already familiar with big cats. This man, however, seemed to have missed the memo.

“Hello!”

He stammered out,

"I... it's Lucius."

"If you leave your jaw open like that, the flies will get in." He hummed, sitting down. He didn't look any less imposing from a sitting position, but at least he wasn't looming over the man quite as badly anymore. "I'm Addereon, but you can call me whatever you want." An introduction for an introduction--it was only fair. "How did you get here, Lucius?" He asked, trying to keep his curiosity from getting the better of him. He had a thousand questions begging to be asked, his tongue itching with the effort it took to keep them contained.

The Striker was clearly bored with their conversation, wandering a bit away and laying down, still turned towards them but no longer actively listening. Hm, interesting. Adder looked over the male once more, not at all trying to be subtle in his once-over. A pretty pelt, yes, though it seemed to lack some grooming. He couldn't fault him for that, though; he'd heard of the conditions the slaves were kept in. Low tide caves, little space, no fresh water. It was a wonder he hadn't withered away to nothingness at this point, though he was looking a little... lithe.

"Have they fed you yet today?"

If not, that was something the lion could remedy easily. Tortuga was a land of opportunity, full of food and promise. One only needed to know where to look, and Adder had spent the last few weeks--months? how long had he been here now?--surveying the land and getting a feel for it.

I'm out of my head
Of my heart, and my mouth
Cause you can run
But you can't hide
I'm gonna make you
mine