Author Topic: big hat [Mandatory Chemist Check-In][RII] [CLOSED]  (Read 340 times)

Offline Mara ✿

• Saboro
  • Apprentice
  • Liked: 24
  • Likes Given: 0
big hat [Mandatory Chemist Check-In][RII] [CLOSED]
« on: June 08, 2017, 03:05:49 PM »
Mara felt like every inch of the leader he always rejected he could be as he stood on top of a nice flat rock in the middle of the chemist lab areas. He felt too tall, too noticeable, too bright with his pelt. He didn't let out a call yet, staring at his white paws and contemplating running back to Lucas and yelling at him for trying to make him do such social work. But he supposed even as an Alchemist he was rather social, or had to be, this was just another step. Deeper inside he knew the Crane was just trying to help, gently pushing the green male towards building confidence.

Mara could not stay mad at his friend for long.

After a few thoughtful minutes he let out a call, loud enough to catch any stray doctors here and there. And then he waited, finally forcing himself to sit down and not shake as he watched the workers begin to arrive, probably questioning why the paranoid eff of a consort was calling them up. He licked his paw as a nervous gesture he couldn't hide, and remained silent until enough eyes were on him, sqeezing the words out of him.

"Afternoon, uh- eff, alright. I suppose you're all wondering what the green eff wants, the green eff wants to check in on all the Chemists. On behalf of Lucas." he swallowed, closing his eyes and taking a breath.

You can do this, you know all of these losers.

"Need to make sure no one is slacking off, and that everyone is up on their learning. If you're not, well, tough effing tiddies, you're out. There's no room for anyone slacking off and laying around eating a bunch of weed in our dens." he huffed, shifting from foot to foot. "That being said, after roll call I guess I need to give you all some words and a task, some homework to do maybe." at least he had a vague idea of what to do for that one, not completely lost.

With that in mind, he kept that long ass list of those who had to show up, even if he didn't know them, he would notice the missing links. "So tell me your name and maybe uh, what you've learned recently. Or what you'd like to learn." he wondered if his son would be here, the boy who learned too much recently. Part of him ached to find him, comfort him right in front of everybody, but instead he channeled what he learned from Crenate, and stood on that dumb rock staring at everybody like a effing wierdo.

"I'll go first, my name is Mara, and I have learned that I hate standing on tall rocks. Now go."

List of Chemists:
Konstantine, Krimson, Remy, Rorschach, Marrow, Loophole, Keystone, Drax, Anglachel, Astoria, Asher, Fyfe, Neck, Cassiopeia, Cato, Armagh, Buer, Cult, East.

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 12:44:02 AM by Mara ? »

mara played by bun

Offline Astoria

• Saboro
  • Initiate
  • i will be your goddess
  • Liked: 0
Re: big hat [Mandatory Chemist Check-In] [Deadline: June 20]
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 03:26:13 PM »
Someone was calling.

Well, about time, wasn’t it?

Not that Astoria didn’t have other things to do to occupy her time. She was a patient sort, empty and always waiting for some inkling of fulfillment, but one couldn’t say that it had been some time since they’d been called together in any capacity. Her own work had taken priority in the meantime, and she’d made an effort to do what she could—in terms of healing, and the ilk—by attending to the children her sister have birthed among other various issues pack members had dealt with.

She was sure that, at the very least, some of them remembered her name for she certainly remembered theirs.

She remembered the old one, when the sky had filled with fire.

She remembered the boy with the horrible eye.

She remembered the Vulture with the broken body.

She remembered her brother, Bane, with his need for assistance.

She remembered her wayward Father, who she hoped did anything other than die beyond their walls.

Well, she also remembered craving meat between her teeth and the pelt of a Queen but that wasn’t relevant to the moment.

So, she came forward, silent, with a gaze that seemed heavy and troubled—for she was always troubled, wasn’t she? Awash with thoughts of this and that. None of them necessary pleasant—but she was respectful. For now. She’d always been after all, because she was such a good girl.

Hem, hem, hem.

The green one, whose name she doesn’t know—but she is certain his pelt is pretty and that she saw it wrapped around Crenate—addresses them. She can’t say the start of his phrase doesn’t rattle something in her. No room for slacking off, is there?

How much power did this green one have, exactly? She's only curious. She doesn't see their leader there today, is all. One has the right to be concerned over their placement, don't they?

Hem, hem, hem.

Mara,” She addresses, because that’s the polite thing to do. “Astoria.

She gives a slow blink, and then continues, “I’ve learned that being strict and stern doesn’t always garner obedience.

Her experience with the Vulture had been enough to teach her that.

I’d like to learn how to keep a patient still. In. One. Place.

So that she could properly work without their wailing and twitching.

So that they couldn't run away.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 03:30:25 PM by Astoria »

Offline Loophole (RP)

• chemist of saboro
  • Saboro
  • Initiate
  • Liked: 6
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 05:36:54 PM »
Loophole yawned as he worked his way through the packlands. A meeting had been called for the Chemists and he would be damned if he was going to be last there. Always a slave to the schedule. The spotted dire trotted at a steady pace, his two front paws - normally white - were green from his routine investigations into the plant life of Saboro. He also had some pretty nasty ant bites for his trouble. Ants were numerous, especially among the trees. He had found that aloe vera soothed the pain somewhat but walking with them certainly did not help matters. Not that he was in much of position to complain. Loophole was not one to whine but to put the pain down to a mere lesson learned.

"Afternoon, uh- eff, alright. I suppose you're all wondering what the green eff wants, the green eff wants to check in on all the Chemists. On behalf of Lucas."

He had never met Lucas, the Crane, since his promotion so coming across Mara was hardly a surprise. He was the one on a tall rock, so he was naturally the one in charge. Quite a colourful creature too. He reminded him of Cyanide, one of the wolves he had encountered during the Shrike recruitment meetings. He was not as quiet, however.

"Need to make sure no one is slacking off, and that everyone is up on their learning. If you're not, well, tough effing tiddies, you're out. There's no room for anyone slacking off and laying around eating a bunch of weed in our dens. That being said, after roll call I guess I need to give you all some words and a task, some homework to do maybe."

Loophole felt he should have been intimidated by the mention of homework but he was not. Studying sounded just fine with him. There was no such thing as consuming too much knowledge, after all. Another wolf was also there, sporting red tattoos of the higher-ups. Loophole barely gave her a glance, nodding up to Mara as he took a seat as Astoria began to talk. Something how being strict did not always guarantee obedience. Well, one could certainly try... Keeping a patient still was a valid thing to learn, however. He had a solution for that, actually.

"Hi, Mara, is it?" the dire spoke up once it was his turn, clearing his throat and looking over at Astoria. "Poppies are quite numerous in Saboro so I opted to learn a little about them. I have learned that poppy seeds are rather useful as a sleeping aid. They also sooth nerves. Perhaps the lady could find some use for it when dealing with some overactive patients?"

He paused, secretly wondering if he felt right giving advice to somebody who was clearly higher up than him. She was free to take it or leave it, after all, but Loophole hoped she would take it on board. He was eager to prove his intelligence.

"As for what I would like to learn," he continued. "Perhaps how to deal with pests when it comes to collecting samples? Ants can have a bit of crapfit whenever I get close enough to some of the trees around here, for example."

He cleared his throat once again, wondering if he sounded like some whiny rich guy from the marshes. As opposed to Saboro, the marshes had been a haven of wildlife and herbs but a wolf like Loophole was not suited to any kind of haven. He had wanted something a little more exciting than that. He had wanted to closest thing to hell that he could find. 
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 05:37:19 PM by Loophole (RP) »

PROFILECHARACTER BINplayed by RJ

Offline ℜᴏʀsᴄʜᴀᴄʜ

• LOVED
  • Saboro
  • Regular
  • Weaponized snot
  • Liked: 99
  • Likes Given: 72
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 06:10:21 PM »
It was only a matter of time before the Herons were called, before he was expected to tear himself away from the safety of his own den to face public scrutiny once more. He could not ignore duty, no matter how much his body desperately begged him to. He had always wanted to be useful, after all, to prove he was capable of contributing to the society he so adored. Well, now his work as a Chemist was all he had to truly be Saboran. (Sometimes he wondered if he even wanted to be that anymore, but he swallowed back such thoughts like bile, choking on them.) He clung to the worth his rank gave him with white-knuckled intensity, shivering with fear and strain. He had to go. As much as responsibility made him ache, he couldn't disappoint his family any more than he already had.

Rorschach had done legitimate work in Tortuga. It was time to show that even in spite of all that had happened, he could bring knowledge of practical worth, that he could use to benefit his packmates. He hadn't touched the herbs and dried fruit he had collected since he had returned to the jungle empire, but he took a quick inventory of the pouch he had brought back from the pirates and scooped it up, holding it gently in his jaws as he climbed down from the hollowed out tree he shared with his husband. He paused at the base, drawing a deep steadying breath, before making his way toward the source of the call.

It took him some time to maneuver through the thick undergrowth, his body still weak and easily fatigued, but he eventually drew closer to the gathering of his compatriots, his head low and his tail flicking between his hind legs. Red eyes flickered up to the figure that stood on the flat stone in the middle of the labs, widening slightly with surprise as he recognized that it was his own father. As the only Alchemist, it shouldn't be shocking that Mara would be responsible for summoning and organizing the Chemists, but Rorschach was genuinely surprised that he would agree to such a thing (his father had never been especially comfortable being the center of attention, or being in charge of social gatherings). Rorschach wanted to go to his side, press against his warm fur and be comforted by his presence, reassured. He didn't, of course, lingering at the edge of the clearing before moving in closer and placing his pouch down by his small paws.

There were two wolves present before him that he did not recognize. He listened to them quietly, his limp ears flicking back slightly as he self-consciously shuffled his paws in the grass. He was so wary of the perception of others now, certain that they would look to him with disgust and disappointment in their eyes. He tried not to shiver visibly and wrapped his tail around one of his hind legs (it was what he did when Spider wasn't around to entwine their tails).

When it was his turn to speak, Rorschach swallowed thickly and tried to control the stutter that had plagued him recently. "I'm, uh, Rorschach," he began, his voice cracking and making him clear his throat, his brows gently furrowing, "and I've brought with me so-some plants from T-Tortuga. Their surgeons t-told me some of their uses and I hope to utilize these herbs for Saborans. I want to learn how to - uh - to grow these in Saboran soil, if I can. M-maybe promote more trade for fruits and plants from Tortuga? Um." He licked his lip, shifting his weight a bit in a clearly uncomfortable way.

"Ah, that's it."

""

████████████████████████

peach juice swims in my veins.
when i bleed it's sweet.

honeybees fly right to me.

#85b042

{ the Gun-Shy Martyr }
— played by Kujo

Offline East

• the moon has taken the night sky hostage
  • Saboro
  • Initiate
  • and the wishes of the stars go unheard
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 05:05:25 AM »

East's time in Saboro had been an emotional rollercoaster, to say the least. She had arrived scared and uncertain, but had found not one, not two, but all three of her siblings within the jungle. It hadn't been a very warm or peaceful reunion, her sister West turned vile and North caught up with his own life and his own family - children, apparently. East's long ears fell back suddenly, sadness washing over her at the thought of Estein, her dear friend, taken by death itself; had the lost woman Rosanna gone the same way her mother had? They had been friends, too, perhaps even closer than East and Estein had been. It didn't seem to matter, in the end - Rosie had disappeared, leaving East to fret and worry and wonder where the tawny woman was, if she was okay, what East had done to drive her away.

A summoning call for the Chemists drew her attention away from such thoughts, and East was thankful. Long legs carried the nimble hound to the meeting area around the labs, arriving in silence and allowing it to remain that way as she chose her seat. As she waited for the meeting to begin, the woman looked around at the crowd, drinking in their faces. She knew none of them. It was a stark realization,
but not exactly unexpected. The time she had been around had been spent mostly in solitude, or with Estein or Rosanna. She didn't have any friends.

She hardly even had acquaintances.

"Afternoon, uh- eff, alright. I suppose you're all wondering what the green eff wants, the green eff wants to check in on all the Chemists. On behalf of Lucas. Need to make sure no one is slacking off, and that everyone is up on their learning. If you're not, well, tough effing tiddies, you're out. There's no room for anyone slacking off and laying around eating a bunch of weed in our dens. That being said, after roll call I guess I need to give you all some words and a task, some homework to do maybe."

So the green wolf wasn't Lucas -- East had been confused for a moment, wondering how such a minty man could be related to Rosanna. A bit disappointing, but the meeting would continue either way.

"So tell me your name and maybe uh, what you've learned recently. Or what you'd like to learn. I'll go first, my name is Mara, and I have learned that I hate standing on tall rocks. Now go."

The hound listened politely as the others began to introduce themselves and answer Mara's questions. Each answer was a good one,
providing East with a good opportunity to simply listen and build her own response. "I'm East, recently promoted. I held an open clinic to familiarize myself with my rank, and I've been learning about the different kinds of plants in Saboro and their uses." There were many plants in the jungle that existed nowhere else that East had ever seen. It was interesting figuring out what the different properties and affects were.

"I'd like to learn about the Tortugan plants as well, if Rorschach wouldn't mind," as she spoke his name her emerald gaze flickered to the young man for a moment, "And how to properly utilize poisons." East knew well enough how to heal practically any type of wound, and how to craft antidotes for certain basic poisons. As far as crafting deadly toxins went, though? Barely any clue whatsoever. Whether or not the woman would ever use the knowledge was up for debate, but East knew it would be valuable knowledge to have either way.

East is a Chemist, she just isn't on the ranks list as one yet oops

« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 03:14:58 PM by East »

profilebin#258f52played by silokk

look outside, the wilderness
the wilderness is calling our names
the blackest skies, the daunting stars
the desert sun, melting our cold hearts

if you feel like the spark has gone
we just need a place where we can belong

look outside at the raw beauty
the good work of a billion years
the blackest wine in front of me
drink up, little boy
and wash down your tears

los angeles, you took care of me
i raise my broken glass to your sanctuary

look outside, the wilderness
the wilderness is calling our names

Offline Roycroft

• Saboro
  • Initiate
  • This is your personal text.
    • My status
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 08:11:59 PM »
(Not a good post but a post)

She had been a bit lost without her friend who had seemed to abandon her so quickly. Oh well, thought the newcomer. If she wasn’t wanted, then she would make herself scare. She had spent her time without the Red wolf learning more about the flora and fauna herself. She had been, a bit absent from peoples lives, that she figured, had to change, she couldn’t just live in Saboros shadows.

The girl carries herself with confidence to the recruitment, and slips in besides everyone else. She may have been new, and she may have been a strange girl, but she was one who had confidence, it had been bred into her. She waits, patiently, recording everyone’s names in her head.

She smiles, politely, albeit strangely, there was something off about her, her build, her composition. And her accent of course, strange and flowing, “My name is Roycroft” she introduces when it is her turn, “I’m, rather new here” she blinks slowly, taking her glance at everyone around her. “It’s nice to meet you” she tells them, she was such a rambler herself.

“I’ve been; learning and familiarizing myself with all the wonderful flora and fauna, but I still have a lot to learn.” She sighs a bit, wistfully, “There were no plants back at home, it was dreadful.” She stops, pausing, opening her mouth to talk more, but shutting up quickly.

“I would like to join your rank, as a Chemist.”

Offline .Cassiopeia.

• Saboro
  • Apprentice
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 10:06:01 PM »
CASSIOPEIA ☆  ,,
Despite the amount of secluded, selective locations that the young princess had been meddling in, she was not one to miss an important calling of her rank. Cassiopeia didn't want to let her father down, so quickly gathered her composure and made her way toward the call. There was an inner turmoil rumbling in the girl's chest as she was both anxious and excited to see her father's face, one she'd be avidly avoiding just as much as the Sabora's. Unfortunately she knew she wouldn't see Gray or Dirge's, but deep down she knew if she were every truly that upset, she could go see them, even if she felt burdening to them.

Sucking in to fill her lungs she arrived to the meeting, bracing herself, only to notice her father's frame wasn't present. Like a punch to the gut the oxygen flew from them silently as she noticed Mara, Crenate's mate, hosting the small gathering instead. Worry washed over the curly girl as she suddenly felt concern as to why her devoted Crane-father wasn't here, doing this instead. Still, she listened carefully and respectfully to the Alchemist as he began the meeting, Cassiopeia sitting a bit a ways from the others, avoiding eye contact with most as she felt more out of place than she truly was.

After gave his opening speech to the group, Cassiopeia spoke up. "Afternoon...." Her voice was quiet, but enough that was audible. "My name is Cassiopeia." So far, so smooth, focusing hard on not stuttering throughout her response, all those times singing and talking to the flowers managed to pay off, it seems. "I've spent a lot of time learning about Saboro's flora..." Maybe not a professional, but the girl spends most of her time with the flowers and the bees and the trees to know what is what, where it is and how it can help you. "I have learned a lot.. in the past few months." They've been her best friends after all, the fauna; not far from her mother's tree in hiding away when things get rough.

Then, she sat quietly waiting to see what more Mara may have to say.

« PROFILEROLEPLAYS • played by ARKYLS »

Offline Remy

• Saboro
  • Initiate
  • This is your personal text.
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 10:28:42 PM »
Remy answered the call even tho he knew it wasn't Lucas. That fact alone put Remy in a foul mood. He still didn't like the Saborans very much, but Lucas was respected by him. He liked the male and felt loyalty to him for everything he had done. He didn't like being called by anyone else but he stood and stretched anyway, ready to attend any meeting he was required to. The massive red male lumbered through the forest toward the meeting place, taking a place toward the back.

The others introduced themselves one by one, Remy's teal eyes shifting from one to the next as they spoke. He had no interest in this, or in them, but he did take it as an opportunity to push himself somewhere new. Not that he hadn't used a bit of deception in becoming a Chemist in the first place. A small grin crept across his face as he remembered the circumstances in which he gained this rank. He was a slave back then, hiding from the pack that took his foot, until one day he decided to step out. No, it wasn't quite that simple. A group of youngsters had found the cave in which he had been hiding and fearing his safe place would be found, he decided to creep out of it and was spotted. It wasn't long after that, Remy realized that no one he came across remembered him. He was a ghost in Saboro and although he could not escape, he could meld into the pack now. He joined a recruitment, as a slave, and was given the rank of Chemist. Now he would try something different. When his turn came around he spoke.

"I'm Remy. I would also like to learn about the Tortugan plants and... and I would like to train in poison making." if they knew who he was or his views on the pack, they would be suspicious of him. Not that he meant any harm. He didn't like most Saborans but he wasn't stupid either. Poisoning them would do nothing but bring him misery or worse... death. No, he wanted to learn the craft in hopes of becoming useful them. If he was nearly indispensable, his life would be more likely spared. Survival was the game, and Remy was trying to play it.

Offline Marrow [rp]

• Saboro
  • Initiate
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 01:54:28 PM »
The tiny hellion slipped through the forests of Saboro with practiced ease. Attending the summons for the Chemists was always something that brought him out of the woodwork, and his silver eyes shone with interest as he reached the labs, noting all the faces present at the moment. It was nice to see some familiar faces, and he listened as Mara spoke, a fond smile on his face when the green wolf told them the reason for today's gathering, snorting softly in good humor when Mara groused about standing on rocks.

Those were certainly the trials of short stature among giants. Mare could relate quite easily.

Taking a seat, with his heraldic, leonine tail looped around his legs, Marrow waited and listened as all present began introducing and telling their parts about learning. It was interesting to hear, especially Rorschach's mention of Tortugan plants. It sparked a thought in his own mind as well.

"I'm Marrow. I've a strong interest in learning about poisons as well, but Rorschach bringing up Tortugan flora piques my interest. I'd like to find out if there are other, non-indigenous plants that we could grow here that would strengthen our rank. Herbs and poisons alike. Being able to adapt and grow would lessen the number of raids we would have to do in order to attain the things we need."

His voice was clear and calm, perfectly smooth and reassuring, just as every good doctor strove to sound. Saboro had various lands, from rocky ash near the volcano to swamplands filled with muck and mire. Surely somewhere in between they could establish new growth or attempt to do so at least. Perhaps not all would take, but if even a percent was to flourish, it would be one less plant they didn't have when they needed it for Saboran health.

It’s been a long bumpy ride sittin’ back in the saddle.
It’s time to get down, dirty up our knees in the battle.
Come on, round up the boys, gonna make the walls rattle.

Oh, our flag is tattered
And our bones are shattered.
But it doesn’t matter
‘Cause we’re movin’ forward.

Round ‘em up, round ‘em up, let’s go
Round ‘em up, let’s go.

#D43D1A
- Played by Red -

Offline Bun

• Master
  • Liked: 343
  • Likes Given: 135
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2017, 12:37:29 PM »
[[ I WILL CLOSE THIS THREAD AT 12AM EST, this gives y'all around 12 hours from this post to post ]]
★ ★ ★ THE BUN PATROL ★ ★ ★

Commission Thread!

School is keeping me busy, please PM or message me on Skype if you want me to get to a thread, I'll totally do it asap!

Offline Snow.

• Saboro
  • Initiate
Re: big hat [Mandatory Chemist Check-In] [Deadline: 12AM EST]
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2017, 02:50:47 PM »
neck and fyfe can be kicked off the list, effie and i won't be able to play them any more! effie is still on break from ids so if keystone could be excused this time around while effie focuses on herself, that'll be great!

None of them would know his face, and even if they did, would they grimace and flinch away at his scars? The weight of the ugliness he now possessed had kept him silent and reclusive - not that he'd been particularly sociable before the damage had been done. He supposed chemists were supposed to have good relations with their patients, but he had very little desire to socialise. A meeting was the last thing he wanted, to be gathered in a circle full of strangers. Perhaps the forcible pressure would do him good.

His one working eye slowly moved to the green man who stood before them, supposedly the leader of their little congregation. That certainly wasn't Lucas, who was just about the only face Snow would have recognised. The others were meaningless, nameless. He paid them very little attention, barely listening to what any of them had to say. The word 'poison' was slipped in many times, and he resisted the urge to roll his eyes. It was all well-and-good having a collection of poisoners, but a good pack needed more doctors than assassins. Saboro wasn't at war, not anymore. He desperately didn't want to speak, but he supposed it was expected of him - 'Mara' had asked the same question of them all.

"Snow," he murmured, "I make poultices," an alchemist - changing one thing into another. "I want to know everything." It was simply put, and a peculiar statement, but it was true. Every true alchemist strived to one thing: to be able to make gold from another raw element. But in order to do that, they needed to know the science of the world around them, and understand it to an atomic degree. He wanted to learn everything there was to learn, to absorb knowledge like a sponge.

it's a different kind of danger
and the bells are ringing out
andi'm calling for my mother
as i pull the pillars down

Offline Asher.

• Saboro
  • Initiate
  • Fall
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 09:31:05 PM »
ooc: just a note that I plan for Asher to get so freaked out during the bonfire that he makes a run for it so he'll be leaving, but I want to stay IC with him until then!

The boy came from out the dark. The dark pit on the right side of his face bore a purple flower among tangled locks of fur. From the slender jaw, he carried a neatly bundled set of berries. White, gelatinous, with a black dot in their centers.

Like eyes. 

"Mr. Mara," said the soft voice, and the boy took his place at the back. The berries stared out, sightless, their pupils on the backs and napes of his peers.

" Afternoon, uh- eff, alright. I suppose you're all wondering what the green eff wants, the green eff wants to check in on all the Chemists. On behalf of Lucas. Need to make sure no one is slacking off, and that everyone is up on their learning. If you're not, well, tough effing tiddies, you're out. There's no room for anyone slacking off and laying around eating a bunch of weed in our dens."

His head tilted, slightly, so slightly. Why, he wondered, would he eat the weeds kept in. His den? Alchemists kept things that, should not, be eaten. Unless you wanted to die.

He wondered. He wondered.

" That being said, after roll call I guess I need to give you all some words and a task, some homework to do maybe. So tell me your name and maybe uh, what you've learned recently. Or what you'd like to learn. I'll go first, my name is Mara, and I have learned that I hate standing on tall rocks. Now go."

He waited politely. For his turn. The perfect posture of his shoulders and back and gentle placement of his paws did not change and neither did his expression, though the single real eye turned, potent blue, to each speaker. It lingered the longest on the green boy. Looking at him. Made Asher feel sad. He did not know why.

"My name is, Asher," he said, finally, after an awkward pause to ensure he was the last. "Miss Poltergiest taught me. To be a chemist." another pause, and, feeling the need to elaborate, added, "It's not always. Helping. We make things too, that make you die. When you take them." another pause. Another addition. Post script. "Not always, though."

He set the berries down.

"These are things. The sort of things. That I find, now. Poisons," an ear twitched. Then was still. "We traveled out of the territory. And brought back more poisons. In bags. I would, continue. If that is okay. Mr. Mara."

edit: I could have sworn Asher was on the alchemist list but I must have missed a demotion somewhere, sorry!!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 10:31:36 PM by Asher. »

Si deus me relinquit,
Ego deum relinquo.

- Played by Rip-

Offline Konstantine

• Chemist of Saboro
  • Initiate
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2017, 09:46:31 PM »
[omg... completely forgot about this. Thank god I logged on today! Kon has been quiet due to my crazy life, but I hope to get him more active as long as things quiet down (I hope they do)]

The lanky, leggy Konstantine was pleased by the silence within Saboro lately, at least, in regards to being a Chemist. No rank meetings, no crazy natural disasters since the volcano, no major incidents at the borders. Life was pretty swell for the meek and mute hermaphrodite. After he had provided care to Rine, and checked in from time to time to see how the ginger male was faring, he had all the time in the world it seemed. No one sought him out at least, and no calls were being made.

But... That would soon come to an end, much to Kon's dismay. As he was gathering various plants to stock his own personal supplies, he heard the new voice calling all of the chemists to a meeting. Well crap... And then came the anxiety. Meetings meant he would have to talk... His heart started to pound, so hard he'd be surprised if it didn't jump out of his chest and onto the forest floor.

Swallowing hard and overcome by near-crippling anxiety, he had forgotten to self-medicate himself before moving towards the call. The entire way, his heart seeming to rip through bone and flesh, each step felt like a mere inch, he could other mutter curses inside his head.

Konstantine would arrive, finally, quite late by his standards. The arctic was thin, with legs like stilts, and easily matched or towered over most of the wolves in the gathering. And yet, he was so afraid and nervous and anxious that he wanted to run away. He tried to make himself smaller, maybe a feeble attempt at trying to justify his anxiety.

Then it came time to talk. crap, crap, crap... "I... 'm... Kons.. Konstantine." The near-mute wolf would utter, quite shakily, but with a meek and feminine voice. He was already praying for the heavens to strike him down, just so he wouldn't have to finish talking. "I'd... like to... experiment... with new herbs..." Whether for treatment or mercy, but he wouldn't want to use them for torture, not personally at least.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 09:47:12 PM by Konstantine »

There is nothing left of you
I can see it in your eyes
Sing the anthem of the angels
And say the last goodbye

RP'd by Six & Co.

Offline Mara ✿

• Saboro
  • Apprentice
  • Liked: 24
« Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 12:37:31 AM »
They showed up one by one, and Mara took a deep breath for each one. First one was a red marked lady named Astoria, who he knew vaguely, but had heard she helped his stranger son before. That alone forced some appreciation for her, even if she did make him feel... Odd. Even now, he could not feel particularly comfortable with her.

“I’ve learned that being strict and stern doesn’t always garner obedience. ”

Mara sagged at her words, sighing but not replying. She was right, though he would not voice it.

“I’d like to learn how to keep a patient still. In. One. Place.”

Something to keep in mind then. The Alchemist hummed, eyes training to the next person to come in. An unfamiliar one, Loophole, who along with his presence brought some advice for Astoria.

"Poppies are quite numerous in Saboro so I opted to learn a little about them. I have learned that poppy seeds are rather useful as a sleeping aid. They also sooth nerves. Perhaps the lady could find some use for it when dealing with some overactive patients?"

Mara snorted, a not pretty sound to come from someone like him. "Well, there you go."

"As for what I would like to learn, perhaps how to deal with pests when it comes to collecting samples? Ants can have a bit of crapfit whenever I get close enough to some of the trees around here, for example."

"Mmm, some plants repel insects, could try those. If not, we could try a garden, easier to manage." a distant thought, he wasn't sure how possible that was. But with the new plants coming in now, they would benefit from actually growing their own plants, rather than finding them all over the territory.

The green pelt he saw made his muscles relax completely, ending his attempt to look tough or intimidating or leader-like. "I'm, uh, Rorschach," no crap, sherlock. Mara softened significantly, watching his precious son give his announcement, so far far more important and significant than anything else anyone had said in the damn meeting. "and I've brought with me so-some plants from T-Tortuga. Their surgeons t-told me some of their uses and I hope to utilize these herbs for Saborans. I want to learn how to - uh - to grow these in Saboran soil, if I can. M-maybe promote more trade for fruits and plants from Tortuga? Um. Ah, that's it."

"That's perfect, sweetheart." Mara sighed. "Tortugan plants will be our focus then, I think. Come here, Shaq." he motioned him over. If the boy actually moved forward and sat by him Mara would not hesitate to lean on him and press him close in front of everyone. He had been distant for too long.

He was so preoccupied with how happy he felt having his son near him again that he barely noticed another chemist come by until she spoke. "I'm East, recently promoted. I held an open clinic to familiarize myself with my rank, and I've been learning about the different kinds of plants in Saboro and their uses. I'd like to learn about the Tortugan plants as well, if Rorschach wouldn't mind," that was the idea, yes. Mara nodded, about to move on when she continued.

"And how to properly utilize poisons."

Oh, as if. Mara ignored her last comment, now turning to a newcomer that seemed... A little less clever than the rest of them. “I’ve been; learning and familiarizing myself with all the wonderful flora and fauna, but I still have a lot to learn. There were no plants back at home, it was dreadful.” oh she was not in the right place, was she? “I would like to join your rank, as a Chemist.” oh honey. Mara felt secondhand embarrassment for the new girl, shifting from to foot.

"Girl I'm sorry to tell you but you're in the wrong place." he tried not to laugh at her. "Lucas is going to have a recruitment soon enough, that would be your place." after another pause, "well, moving on!"

"Afternoon...." his eyes flickered to a pretty girl he recognized as his boss's daughter. He offered her a smile as she introduced herself to the group.  "I've spent a lot of time learning about Saboro's flora... I have learned a lot.. in the past few months." well, they all had quite a bit to learn.

A bright red wolf was next. "I'm Remy. I would also like to learn about the Tortugan plants and... and I would like to train in poison making." an actual huff left Mara's lips this time.

"Should I be concerned with everyone's effing fascination with poisons? Trying to get me out of a job?" he shook his head, eyes flickering tiredly to another very red wolf.

"I'm Marrow. I've a strong interest in learning about poisons as well, but Rorschach bringing up Tortugan flora piques my interest. I'd like to find out if there are other, non-indigenous plants that we could grow here that would strengthen our rank. Herbs and poisons alike. Being able to adapt and grow would lessen the number of raids we would have to do in order to attain the things we need."

"Mm, I agree. Growing a proper garden around our grounds would be good. Much easier than running around everything trying to find ll the crap we need, eh?"

"Snow," Mara barely heard him. This was really common today, wasn't it? "I make poultices, I want to know everything." Mara visibly rolled his eyes, even if he knew it was a little, no, very, unprofessional.

"Well, good luck with that. I'll teach you what I can." he was no effing professor though.

Next was a strange boy named Asher who spoke about making combinations that could kill people, with someone Mara barely knew. The green wolf flicked his tail, and narrowed his eyes. "These are things. The sort of things. That I find, now. Poisons. We traveled out of the territory. And brought back more poisons. In bags. I would, continue. If that is okay. Mr. Mara."

"You..." a frustrated huff. "All of you need to take a careful step away from poisons. I'm not teaching you crap about it. If Lucas thinks you're trustworthy enough, you will join my rank, and I will show you. But right now? eff, why would I teach strangers about how to silently kill? How to kill my-" family, husband, friends.

"Talk. To the boss." were his final words, eyes dropping to the newly arrived Konstantine and nodding halfheartedly.

"Now, here is what we'll be doing. The Tortugan plants and making a garden is what we'll focus on. If we can control plants, we'll be better off. Poisons we be planted separately, before any of you get any ideas." he looked everyone over, and flicked his tail against his son. "There's more to it. I have never seen some of you around before, I know jack crap of how much work you've been doing. So, I'll give you a chance to prove it. You will go out, you will learn what you can about the Tortugan plants. If you're into getting your paws dirty, you will start building a garden around our quarters to start the garden. Maybe figure out how to grow the newer plants."

"In a few months, you will come back to me, and you will show me that you've done some crap. If you're not useful, well, you know." Saboro had no space for uselessness. Even his sickly, broken son pulled his weight, and then some. "Is that clear? Doable?"

OOC

You have a solid while to have three threads each where your character investigates or uses Tortugan plants, learns about Saboran plants, or helps dig up a garden. These can be PRPs, open threads, group threads, etc. After a while (like at least 3 months) there will be another check-in with IC consequences for not completing the homework. Have fun with it!! Discover weird crap.

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 12:42:54 AM by Mara ? »

mara played by bun

Offline BUER

• Saboro
  • Initiate
  • and thus began my morbid fascination
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #14 on: Yesterday at 12:40:32 AM »
- Buer is gathering herbs for his own personal stock, hears the call.

- They arrive, waiting to listen to what the green dog had to say. Buer wasn't familiar with Mara, at least not too much. They move towards Marrow.

- "Buer" they reply, "I've been working on incisions. Surgical specialties. Practicing on living and dead prey. I'd like to learn more on anaesthetic." Prey wasn't a lie, but it might not be all they'd practiced on.

- Afterwards, they wait, their eyes moving towards Asher when he mentions their mother's name. He's familiar. Mother's talked about him.

[ah. guess im a little too late, sorry. the thing i was busy with didn't get done until 11 central. ill delete this if its too late]
it shoots through steel
with rays of dark matter