Author Topic: Pushing The Boundries [Moons]  (Read 93 times)

Offline .Felix.

• Inaria
  • Initiate
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 0
Pushing The Boundries [Moons]
« on: June 02, 2017, 02:14:13 PM »
There it was. The edge of his world. The border loomed infront of him, invisible to the eye but to his nose it was as tangible as a brick wall. STOP. GO NO FURTHER. The scent marking practically shouted at him and unable to ignore them he faultered, taking a step or two back as if someone had actually just yelled at him. He knew he wasn't supposed to be out here, his Dad had always told him not to stray too close to the borders. Blaise claimed he'd seen a thing or two out there and it wasn't safe - The word 'renegades' had been bandied around a lot too but who or what they were Felix had no idea - All he knew is that when you were told not to... What his parents didn't know couldn't hurt them and all that.

He edged closer to the invisible line, ears cocked listening intently for any sign of movement, ironically from his own side rather that the side where unknown dangers lurked - He didn't want to get caught and lambasted by a wandering Sentinel, that sort of thing was bound to get back to his parents. He huffed and sat down, head titled, staring at the invisible line. This was silly, he could see grass two feet away outside Inaria and it looked just like the grass on this side - Except perhaps it was a little greener? Why did they have a line at all? And why just here? Why didn't they own that grass too? Heck, why not the tree stump two feet beyond that? At which point an idea struck him. Why didn't they own it? They should own it. He was going to claim it for them!

He jumped to his paws and stepped forward boldly, swallowing nervously as he edged closer to the line and then closed his eyes as if expecting a blow as he stepped over it. He paused a moment on the other side of it, opening one eye then the other, half expecting something to happen - an alarm call to go off, a blot of lightening, something - but it was all rather anti-climatic. It was a bit disappointing really. Still, that only made his mission easier! The young wolf strode fowards with more confidence now, reaching the stump in only a couple of paces. Once there he cocked his leg over it solemnly and announced -"For Inaria!"

Offline Moons

• Kichigai's wierdo <3
  • Guardian
  • Hero
  • Captain Inaria~
    • My status
    • My DeviantArt Page
  • Liked: 901
  • Likes Given: 881
Re: Pushing The Boundries [Moons]
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 05:44:14 PM »
Amber eyes watched from a distance, amusement glimmering in their expression.

Moons stood some yards away, sheltered well within the purple trees of Inaria. Often traversing the borders, the maroon female was well versed in where to be able to hide and watch without being detected. It wasn't foolproof, granted; but it wasn't a novice sentinel walking the borders in these parts today. Rather, it was the soldier veteran who guarded their defenses in this sector, though at the moment her target was a little different than the invisible line dividing Inaria from the rest of the world.

The young boy currently sniffing about their scent marks wasn't unfamiliar to the marchioness. Only watch him for a moment, after all, and it was easy to identify the parent traits of Blaise and Kita. Dark red ears flickering forward, Moons listened to Felix as his curiosity drove him to gaze at the borders of their pack. It was common for pups to wonder of the borders and why it kept them 'inside'. Parents instilling the rules in them only went so far, and if he was true to his parents... then it didn't surprise Moons to see him here. It had been a while since she had seen either of her close friends, but it gave her a sense of relief to at least see their son.

Though it only made her wonder where the two had gone.

It appeared that he was testing the limits of what he was allowed, approaching the invisible line and wanting to explore it. Yep, there was the Blaise in him, despite his coat being more that of Kita. A smile appeared on Moons' face as she continued to watch, though something in her wanted to approach him, too. Maybe it was the parent in her that wanted to protect. Maybe it was the desire to learn more about the children of her closest friends. Maybe it was just that he seemed like a good kid, and she wanted to teach him.

So when Felix finally stepped over the borders and approached the tree stump and... well, did his thing -- she left her hidden spot with a chuckle and stepped towards him. "Expanding our territory, are we?" she asked, having heard his 'For Inaria!' cry. Tail swayed behind her, and amber eyes turned to the young boy. "I see you're out patrolling the borders," she added with a wink, standing near him. Despite her light attitude though, an ear did tilt to their surroundings. She was happy to have found Felix, but she still remembered where they were standing...

...and what happened when you let your guard down.

Moons and Kichi up here lead to my Character Bin <3 thank you Ricky!

Characters I Actively Role-play: Moons | Corvus |Rykryk | Flamestorm | Seven |Yoki | Phoenix | Electra | Coronach | Cruciatus | Zodiac | Tide | Skylar
Been on IDS since: January 26th 2008

Offline .Felix.

• Inaria
  • Initiate
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 11:42:44 AM »
"Expanding our territory, are we? I see you're out patrolling the borders,"

"Ahhhghhhheeiiiidid not see you there!" Felix let out a startled noise which he managed to pull back, quite smoothly in his opinion, into a coherent sentence. "I was just looking!" He replied quickly, defensively spouting the first thing that came into his mind despite the fact it was quite obviously not true, as the warm wet patch on the stump could testify. His skin was colouring beneath his fur and his large ears turned back in embarrassment. He knew Moons of course, not well and they weren't acquainted per say but he knew of her and about her the same way anyone knows about their parents friends; vague shapes that were all taller than you and made exclamations of 'How you've grow!' and 'Look at those chubby cheeks!' and - the one that had always scared him when he was younger - 'I could just eat you up!' He also knew Moons was an important figure in the pack, he had heard a few tales of Blaise's daring, and unbeknownst to Felix, highly exaggerated escapades in which Moons figured as a protagonist. In these stories she had occasionally, but always righteously, kicked a few butts so he knew she wasn't someone to be messed with.

"Am I in trouble?" He asked quietly dropping his eyes from Moon to the ground where he plucked nervously at the grass between his toes. He was unknown ground here, both figuratively and literally, he didn't know what the punishment was for going outside the pack boundaries, he'd never thought about that... Maybe he should have thought about that first. His heart sank what if going outside meant you couldn't come back, what if they though he was a deserter? He swallowed and looked up at Moons, his teal eyes going wide and pleading. "Please don't kick me out..." A pause. "And please don't tell my siblings about the whole...Thing," He made a grim face and cocked his leg slightly to demonstrate the thing he was talking about. Priorities and all that. Getting laughed at by his siblings was as least as bad, if not worse, than getting banished.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 11:47:24 AM by .Felix. »

Offline Moons

• Kichigai's wierdo <3
  • Guardian
  • Hero
  • Captain Inaria~
    • My status
    • My DeviantArt Page
  • Liked: 901
  • Likes Given: 881
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 07:34:07 PM »
"Ahhhghhhheeiiiidid not see you there!" She had to admit, even she flinched back slightly when he burst out with his exclamation. Moons was expecting him to be surprised, but Felix's reaction was so... Blaise. It made a smile twitch into appearance, which stayed as a half-smile as she watched him whirl about and look at her with the guilty look of a puppy caught with his paws in the cookie jar. Or in this case, over the borders. "I was just looking!" Ah yes, of course you were. As if the scent on the stump wasn't enough. Besides, he didn't know Moons had been watching from afar.

She didn't know the stories Blaise had told his children of her, so the maroon female was unaware of how 'grandiose' her friend had made her out to be. If she knew, she would have blushed. "Am I in trouble?" Her expression sobered as she watched the pup look down and pick at the grass beneath his paws. But before she could reply, he said more. "Please don't kick me out... And please don't tell my siblings about the whole...Thing." Now that made her gaze soften (I mean, it wasn't a hard expression to begin with). "Felix," she said, remembering his name from a few times she had seen the pups when they were smaller. "You're not in trouble." If he looked up at her, he would find a kind smile on her maw.

One that would briefly turn serious though. "Though you have to understand, here at the borders there's always a chance you're going to run into someone who isn't as friendly as I am." She didn't want to scare him, but... reality was reality. "Come, let's go back into Inaria, shall we?" With a gesture of her head Moons would usher the kid forward and nudge his rear with her nose. She wanted to be the last one in, after all. Make sure they wouldn't be caught by surprise. Or if they were, that she would be the first target. Not him.

Not Blaise and Kita's child.

"Do you know who I am?" she asked, breaking the silence that probably fell between them as they walked back into Inaria's land. Moons looked down at him, smiling. Now would be a good time to see what Felix knew about her; and what it was like for him growing up in Inaria so far.

Moons and Kichi up here lead to my Character Bin <3 thank you Ricky!

Characters I Actively Role-play: Moons | Corvus |Rykryk | Flamestorm | Seven |Yoki | Phoenix | Electra | Coronach | Cruciatus | Zodiac | Tide | Skylar
Been on IDS since: January 26th 2008

Offline .Felix.

• Inaria
  • Initiate
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 12:40:48 PM »
"Felix. You're not in trouble."

"Oh?" Felix said surprised, his ears perking back up and his tail wagging slightly, before he realised that he had given away that he thought he should be in trouble, and therefore knew he was doing wrong. Whoopsy. He smiled a little sheepishly and prodded the dirt some more. She got his name right though, that was something that made him take an instant liking to her. He spent a lot of his life being mixed up with his brother Gavin even though they looked nothing alike. Even his own parents often cycled through all his siblings names before getting to his, making him Gavinmimsyfelix a lot of the time.

"Though you have to understand, here at the borders there's always a chance you're going to run into someone who isn't as friendly as I am. Come, let's go back into Inaria, shall we?"

His ears dropped slightly at the serious tone, and he looked up at her expecting to see a grim expression. Here came the lecture. It never did come though; there was a brief admonishment that he made the effort to look appropriately trite and sorry through with a slight tail tuck, but there no being told to sit down while someone tried to bore him to death. Score! Lecture avoided! Moons even smiled kindly at him; he had squirmed his way out of this one, he thought, and was pleased with himself. Phew!

"Do you know who I am?"

"Yeah!" Felix said enthusiastically, buoyed by the fact he was clearly not in trouble - She probably thought he was really brave coming out here all alone! He followed her nudge with out complaint and trotted back across the borders, if she nudged him again he would keep going until she was happy they were far enough from the borders. Once safely inside he would try and fall into step with her and walk side by side, though he would likely have to jog a bit to keep up if that happened, as his legs still had a bit of growing to do. When he was full grown Felix would be a very similar build to his father, mostly legs and sinew rather than bulk and muscle, an outcome that would be a eternal disappointment to him. "You're Dad's friend - Well Mum and Dad's friend - He told me lots about you and him and how you beat up the Renergaters? -or somethin'- together when they were coming into the pack and taking hostages and stuff." He related this with the glee of someone who has never know true fear or danger, his life had been one safe little bubble, so to him deaths and hostage taking all sounded like awfully grand adventures. "The two of you chased them off though!" It had been a whole pack effort that had cleared Inaria of the Renegades, but Blaise, being Blaise, had left out facts he considered boring in the telling of most of his stories. 
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 12:43:55 PM by .Felix. »