Author Topic: construct. [visit/possible alliance]  (Read 382 times)

Offline Bane [RP]

•    
  • Saboro
  • Master
  • Played by The Little Imp
    • My status
  • Liked: 334
  • Likes Given: 645
construct. [visit/possible alliance]
« on: May 30, 2017, 04:20:44 AM »

----------

He was no stranger to burnt bridges. There were plenty which he’d set alight himself, and there were those ignited by others on the opposite end. It happened, but if Bane knew anything about things going up in flames; and he most certainly did, it was that something better, and more sturdy could be founded in the place of the previous construction. This applied to literal structures and relationships in-kind, and such was the aim as he led a small party towards one of Saboro’s more iffy relations.

It was a real shame that their dealings with Alteron were soured by the actions of a failure King. Their rule hadn’t lasted long after that from what he understood. A bit of a faulty truth, not that the Wing would change his tune even if he did find out what really happened to the ex-Sabor. A handful of years passed by and Bane was nearly five now. How many among their current populace were sparing thoughts for the unsuccessful reign of an overturned monarch, or a runaway queen? The fact of the matter was, most of them were not so caught up in the past, and comfortably moved beyond those olden days to reach for far more enriching things ahead of them.

Perhaps their neighbors were like minded, open to letting the past go, or the very at least, receptive to the notion of putting their grievances aside for a sweet deal.

“Now,” Bane began, at some point well before the decaying forest came into view. His cohorts for this were hovering near by (better be) and he wanted to be sure that they were all up to speed. “Last time we visited it wasn’t so productive. Can’t say I blame them for telling those trackers to ‘get the eff out’ though. Barging in with some cats, starting a war, snatching people up like it’s a sale— that wouldn’t make anyone happy to see us hanging around their front door. At best, they’re probably going to be suspicious. That’s fair.” Alternatively, “They might try to rip us all apart. In which case, it’s obvious what takes priority in that scenario.”

Get the Fledglings out. If he couldn’t trust them to help him do that then he’d do it himself. Try his best anyway. 

“Whatever happens, it won’t be through any fault of our own,” Not this time. He eyed the two youngsters behind him. The meaning in his expression was obvious. They would be on their best behavior…or else (we’ll turn this car around and imp’ll drive it off a cliff). “We’re here to see if we can grow past our previous interactions, the actions of rulers long abandoned, and forge something of benefit in the present.” For both parties involved, because Bane didn’t think Alteron was so different from the rainforest. If the place was still standing after everything, then the two packs had a similar strength, which he could respect greatly.

“So, best behavior, keep on your toes, and absorb everything like a sponge while we’re here. This is sure to be an interesting experience, either way.”

And it was, sooner than expected, at least for the Right Wing. As far as he could remember, there’d never been a mountain seemingly suspended above a thick lair of fog here before, nevertheless, there it stood— or floated. Obviously still attached to the earth, but Bane thought it looked cool regardless as he viewed it on the horizon. “See, interesting already. If we end up ascending this I want you to bring up the rear, Nereid.” He replied, raising a brow suggestively in the direction of his…whatever Nereid was to him at this point, as if to say, ‘You’re good at that *wink wonk*’. Though, all he followed up with was a “Thanks.” Seeing as children were present.

They neared the newly risen cliffs, coming to a halt just a few yards away. Then Bane let out a customary howl. Even and placid. A “we come in peace” if you will. “It’s Saboro, looking to try and repair some figurative infrastructure between us.”

He’s not expecting the figure that greets them to be her. Then again, if she did survive the blaze, where else would she be except patrolling some pack’s boundary? If he has a reaction in recognizing the woman, it does not come in the form of a slack jaw, nor the uttering of her name, or questions as to how or why she’s there. He says nothing about it now, even if she were to make a remark herself. What was once there, between them, is no longer a focal point. He has a job to do, which he does without missing a beat. 

“Saboro would like to discuss our future interactions, if you would allow us an audience.”  He replied.

‘It’s good to see you alive.’ He thinks, but the feeling is not spoken, and he hardly thinks it’s shared.

No matter.

It was business as usual for the tattered man.

@Red @arkyls™ [slow] @Ghoul @Kookamemega  @Kotake

And it's up! Just a short recap from here. Bane and Icarus are the Kestrels in charge. Enys and Abyss are Fledglings and here for the learning experience. Jette and(?) Nereid are here as their Spectres (aka bodyguards for those who don't know what Spectres do). Even though keeping the Fledglings safe is the Specters job, it should be assumed that ALL of the adults are close by at ALL times. Alteron and Saboro are only tentatively neutral (for now) given their history in the past, and I imagine they'd be protective over their heirs. 

It is not mandatory for people from Saboro (other then me) to post in this thread. Your character will just be assumed there. However, Blondie says there'll be brownie points if you do post, and there'll be even more brownie points if you interact with the locals n' stuff since that's why we're here.

For Alteron people, please let Blondie post first with Atlas. This takes place after Alt's territory change, so she'll be meeting Saboro at the bottom and taking them up the slops. Thank you.

Edit: btw, Saboob people don't have to wait for Atlas to post first, just don't like, start running up the cliffs before Atlas comes in pls.

I think that's all. Yell at me if I need to add something~
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 04:55:01 AM by Bane [RP] »

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

I've got a great ambition
to die of exhaustion
rather than boredom.

- Thomas Carlyle

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
Bane’s reaction towards your character may be...
violent, rude, or flirtatious in nature. It's who he is.
It is not a reflection of my personal feelings towards you.
Concerned? Pm or Skype me.

Offline Atlas [RP]

• Alteron
  • Regular
  • ah..
  • Liked: 44
  • Likes Given: 13
Re: construct. [visit/possible alliance]
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 08:33:38 AM »
The quakes had stopped for almost a week, the second to last one bringing utter devastation to her beloved moat, as well as some parts of Alteron she didn't necessarily care about. Sure, there were deaths, but all of her children- including 'the others'- survived, or at least she assumed they did. The first litter wasn't tracked down like her prodigies, so perhaps.. ah.. one of them may lay dead and buried, and their mother would never know.

Or care.

'Mama', a squeak came, 'I'm bored', followed by a loud yelp as Atlas struck out at Maera with a vicious snarl, taking a third patch of fur from the girl's little legs. "I told you, if you yawn or whine pitifully about the lack of things to do, you're going to regret it," came a mother who only wanted the best for her children. The good ones. "You wanted to accompany me, to see what your father and I do, and here we are. You don't get to be bored," the mother snarls, "Honestly, I have half a mind to make you walk up and down the slope until its time to go," to which Maera kept silent and nodded, knowing better now then to speak again about how outriders are so idle.

"Lord knows you won't be the one to take Sovereign," rolled the golden eyes of someone who had gotten tired of (and desperately loved) the squabbles of the children over the title. "Your brothers and sisters have a better chance, they don't go on runs with me and whine," perhaps because they knew their mother had no effing tolerance. Before the little girl can react, respond, or nod, a howl shoots up the bottom of her post, and hairs along her nape stand on edge. 'I-I'll be better, mama, I p-promise,' as Maera realized that obtaining Sovereign wasn't going to be as easy as demanding it, and how could she fault her mother, her father, her siblings for no longer tolerating her erratic behavior? She would have to get better, show them she's a controlled sociopath, and then unleash her potential when she's gained the crown.

"Shhh," Atlas whispers, standing now, feeling a sickness come over her as she listens for anyone attempting to traverse the sloped bridge.

Nothing.

"Go get your father, maybe fetch the Dragon if you're quick enough, don't walk, you better effing run, little girl," and with that command, Maera was gone in a flash, a burst of speed heading for Orcrist, and then perhaps heading towards Azuhel, if she was out and about, or heard the howl herself.

With her daughter gone, Atlas descends.

The fog breaks way for paws, then the tattered nose and scarred face that bares no excitement or relief upon seeing them. "Bane," came a soft coo, something playful despite her outward appearance of discontent that they are here. "..Icarus," a single glance to the blue boy, who she recalled running into only a few times, but he had left quite a lasting impression. The borders, then some stupid meeting by her ex-lover's mother for a rank she was not meant for. Because she would not spill secrets.

Well, she hums, 'Ain't this a good secret for you, then?

"..Ugh, you brought children?" she focuses on Enys first, then freezes on Abyss, who she believes wholeheartedly is just the spitting image of his father, isn't he? At least this means they're not here for her, unless 'child soldiers' are the new 'shrike'. The thought made her snort, revealing a scowl in the direction of the fledglings, and then she turns to Jette- if he is truly there, of whom she recognizes now from a short visit on the border in Saboro to be her half-brother- and what appears to be, if Nereid is there, his weird lackey.

'Saboro would like to discuss our future interactions, if you would allow us an audience.'

Ah. "It's funny," she begins, rolling her shoulders and yawning. "I had constructed a moat specifically to keep you all out, and yet.. the recent earthquakes have done quite a number on my little project," so it seems.. if you build it, they will come.

"I don't know much about Saboro and Alteron's history, but if it were up to me.." and it wasn't, so she doesn't bother to finish, but she turns away from them and sighs. If it were up to her, Bane would be welcomed with whines and kisses from a long lost friend, and the rest of them would be tossed from the top of her new mountain home into the craggy depths below. "Keep an eye on those babies of yours, I haven't taught mine how to appropriately react to guests yet, and I would.. mm.. hate for anyone to get hurt here, especially if you have to take them back in one piece for anything between us to remain.. in tact," she snickers, licking over her jaws. The little Coven one would make a nice addition to the growing of pelts along her den, but ah.. not here, not now.

"Do not climb fast, these slopes are.. still giving way, and how awful would it be for you to lose any of your wolves to our terrain? I suppose it can't be helped for those who won't listen," so please, climb fast. "Come now, we don't want to leave them waiting up top, now do we?"

Because, as happy and excited as she truly was to see Bane, they still had to jump through hoops for Orcrist, and flame for Azuhel.

you don't have to wait for me to post anymore! atlas is essentially retrieving them and moving them up the mountain, and once they're at the top, it'll be up to gothy and/or azuhel to reply, but for now, there should still be no order. but yes, she is taking them up now!! have fun looking at her glorious mint butt all the way up

Offline Orcrist

• Alteron
  • Apprentice
  • Liked: 9
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 10:30:45 AM »
Ear easily felt the echo of the call of a distant stranger, ringing against every tree and rock within Alteron. Nose wiggled as he scented the air, trying to grasp a situation he did not know about just yet. The earthquakes had made him itch for some reason, his attention on every sound and he concentrated on where his feet sat. Orcrist waited of course, the girl beside him listening as much as he was. She was quiet, though he could feel the questions bubbling up in her mouth before she spoke. “Visitors.” he answered, the Commandant moving forward. His large body would sway past his daughter and even the one who bounded to him to ramble on about mother finding a group at the borders.

What a promise she had become, that Atlas.

Aye, come. Stay quiet an’ close. I don’t want no trouble, yah hear?” Atlas hated when her children was out of place, and they were training to be royals. Orcrist would lead the girls into the meeting circle, sitting down to relax. Tail would lay next to the girls if they sat together by his side, the waiting game beginning. The commandant would stay idle, attentive, listening and scanning the tree line. He expected Azuhel to be there. She would be there. The Dragon always watched, perched on her pile of gold with eyes just as pure. Smoke would rise through nostrils and flames licking like the tongue in her mouth across her teeth.

Just as Orcrist ran his tongue across her teeth as hunger boiled deep within his belly.

When they came, the Commandant would nod to his beloved outrider, expecting her to come to his side. “Welcome t’Alteron.” he said, pulling air into his lungs to familiarize the scents of the strangers. Two of them appeared to be ghosts of a distant past, one he wasn’t sure he recognized, but ultimately did not care nor question. This was business and he would attend to his duties as Commandant. Questions could be asked later.

M’name’s Orcrist, I’m Commandant of Alteron.” he said, nodding his head. Formal introductions were like an itchy wool sweater to Orcrist, but business was business. Olive green eyes would glance at Maera and Sarissa at his side, “M’girls here are just learning, so don’t mind them if they speak out of line. Ignore them. Now, what business do y’have with us?” Alteron had been tense with Saboro ever since the war with Ayrion, Orcrist does remember that much when he was a little boy.

Hopefully their intentions were better than last time.

And they shall say
unto the elders of his city,
This our son is stubborn and rebellious,
he will not obey our voice;
he is a glutton, and a drunkard.
- Deuteronomy 21:20
⇢  Played by Gothy
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Offline Azuhel

• The Red Dragon
  • Leader
  • Master
  • this city never sleeps at night
    • Deviantart Page
  • Liked: 468
  • Likes Given: 93
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 02:13:33 PM »
The heavens were vicious, selfish possessive masters of fate that often-applied subtle pressure here and there along her path to glory. It wasn’t an unusual thing to run into hiccups. Fallen wood and rotten meat were often issues for the most well laid plans to feed starving masses. Yet, this time—oh ho, this time—fate had decided the very earth should tremble before it.

Thus, Alteron trembled, cracked and oozing with rushing rivers and falling rubble. From the disaster there came a great chasm, something that enhanced their moat—though she often wondered if it was Atlas lack of logical planning for the moat that had caused the quakes that rocked them—and their overall appearance. She enjoyed the chilled sprinkle of fog and the overall height difference that placed her estate above all others…

What she didn’t enjoy were the idle disruptions and trembles that threatened more destruction. Already her precious cathedral suffered, groaning as large chunks of stone created new pathways and holes among the structure. She kept her lovely flame alive, naturally, but her throne of pelts and bone was more a scattered mess than anything functional…

It was petty annoyance, sent by those manipulative forces to steal away her progression and maybe a life or two in the process.

She tittered a bit maddingly, amused by the idea.

Yet her laughter eased when a howl struck the silence, shattering the false tranquility she neither treasured nor coveted. It drew her to the boarder and she stood, just at the edge of one of their nearly formed cliffs, with ears pointed forward and gaze narrowed on the wriggling meat-sacks tentatively toeing her lands. “ What’s all this then?
Her voice wasn’t meant for them to hear, not as she muttered under breath. It’s only when the large males draw closer that some sort of recognition dawns on her—

red tattoos, blood and shame, terror and oppression

Her heart rattles in her chest, it releases a powerful thump as some curdling sense of dread and fury curl through her belly with a hot lick and a wave of nausea. Her lips peel back in a wordless snarl and her gaze—now with both eyes open—level plainly on the posse of wovles that dare approach her sacred space. She’d tear them asunder, the whole lot of them, until their agony eased the rolling ache of her being that always cried and whined for meat and chaos.

But just as she twisted her body around something… else caught her gaze—a pelt of aching familiarity, a whiff of a well-loved scent…  It was enough to make the pounding behind her skull reel back and the thick cloying taste of red gurgling at the back of her throat easier to swallow.

What had she seen down there?

Only one way to find out.

So, Azuhel will arrive just as Orc finishes asking for their business, her presence silence but looming, her gaze passionate—an eerie reflection of the intensity of carefully leashed loathing.

Because, she did love Saboro so very dearly.

CC6666

Offline Bane [RP]

•    
  • Saboro
  • Master
  • Played by The Little Imp
    • My status
  • Liked: 334
  • Likes Given: 645
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 11:48:20 AM »
"I don't know much about Saboro and Alteron's history, but if it were up to me.." Thankfully though, it was not. As smart as he knew her to be, Bane was also aware of her temper. The very same fire that’d drawn him to her also manifested itself at the worst of times. It saw to her demotion not so far back. It could see to the start of a few more undesirable things as well if not kept in check. Beautiful as it was, and it was still a very attractive thing to the Right Wing, this small semblance of a threat was noted in his brain. ‘Careful now.’ He thought, but he certainly didn’t say. It was no longer his place to give the female any cautionary words that held her best interest in mind. 

"Keep an eye on those babies of yours, I haven't taught mine how to appropriately react to guests yet, and I would.. mm.. hate for anyone to get hurt here, especially if you have to take them back in one piece for anything between us to remain.. in tact,"

To that he only shakes his head, offering a twisted crack across his maw that is all too familiar to her.

Girl. You crazy. It basically implies.

He takes her threat extremely seriously, as seriously as you’d assume a Wing would, but, "Sounds like you've gotten a bit lax with them,” All that comes out could very well be mistaken for simple jest. “We prepared "our" kids for everything right away.” Whether he was referring to the Fledglings or their own pups was up to her own speculation.  “I think we all know how…detached, something could stand to get over that sort of thing happening, Atlas. But, I would hope we're all beyond the point of maiming our children at the expense of something quite valuable.” Let’s not go missing out on prime opportunities here.

“Don’t you worry. I always watch out for my kids.” You know this. Shockingly, Bane, of all people, had no problem in that department.

The male said nothing more as they made their assent. Vaguely listening to the mint-green woman’s chatter about the steeps slopes. Hmm, he could see just how hazardous they were without needing to be told. However, were they as bad as the Ravine? He pondered and compared the two heights thoughtfully. The boys were young, still small enough yet too, and Bane decided that (with mild effort) he could make a fast getaway possible for them, if worst came to worst, alone. Wasn’t looking forward to taking another spill like that…again. He could feel the muscles in his tatty shoulder tightening at the suggestion. Yet, loyalty trumped longevity he supposed, making fast peace with the idea that he might become a fall breaking meat sack as they reached the top. 

That’d be messy—

The children would (better) do as they were told and loom behind him, enshrouded by their protective circle of guards. Bane would tolerate disobedience now even less than he would’ve when they were still stood bellow. “Delicate” didn’t begin to cover their position. Despite his reservations though, Bane was prepared to press on. Nothing stood to change otherwise, and this was all about that, wasn’t it?

He focused on the stocky male ahead of him. Orcrist, apparently, a border guard or some sort Bane supposed. “M’girls here are just learning, so don’t mind them if they speak out of line. Ignore them. Now, what business do y’have with us?” They said, and to the first bit Bane lifted his paw.

‘Say no more.’

“Father of eleven, at least,” He said. Counting Keanu, and he didn’t know just how many Baal would have, so he stuck to the lower end of the amount. He supposed he could bump it up a bit…Bomi was basically his too, but in any case, “I understand.” He also understood that that was a perfect segue and drove straight for that point as the Dragon came near. Such a powerful gaze she maintained. It would be intimidating if Bane hadn’t grown so accustomed to people sporting that look.

He offered the pair a respectful nod, then he began to talk. 

“Bane, Tracker and Right Wing. Just an ambassador in this case, speaking on behalf of a Saboro that would like to see if there’s hope of bridging the rift between our packs. We have a proposition for a plan that would aid in the education of our youth, our people, and potentially, it could stretch well beyond just that in other beneficial ways.” He pauses momentarily, gauging the room, but isn’t expecting much of a reaction this early in the game.

Our party would be,” Rolling up with a effing death wish. “remiss, to come all this way without being at least somewhat knowledgeable about our own history. Yet, I hope we can work past the actions of a failed, long gone, monarchy, and a former king’s dealings with his own kidnappers. War was waged, people taken…integrated into Saboro’s culture over the years, as I understand it. Not everything can be undone, but things can be improved.”  For the betterment of nations. Something which all leaders, or most anyway, pined for.

“Our lead Tracker coins it the ‘Ambassador Program’,” He declared.  “In which some of ours would swap with some of yours temporarily, but for an extended period. More than just a couple of days, getting to experience aspects of another culture, another habitat, and bringing that knowledge home with them at the end of their stay. In turn, guests would also be ambassadors themselves. Possibly teaching the locals a thing or two as well.” And there was more, a great deal more. If they made it to that point than it was possible for Saboro to cut down on escape attempts and disgruntled citizens once and for all. That discussion was for another time however. First this had to go through, and the male was sure that it would take more than just a pitch to win the wary nation over. This was something considered well before their trip began, and Bane played his final card.

“We don’t expect just a couple of words to sell you on the idea that we mean no harm, Ma’am and Sir. We ask for a chance to prove ourselves. To show that our intentions are honest. That we’re serious about making this work. You have here, two royal children, a beta, and three ranked citizens. We request a few days to remain here. To act as an example of how a union between us could work, before you make any decisions about the program itself.” 

Ball was in their hands now and frankly Bane didn’t know what to expect. There were only two options however. The one where they remained and the one where they abandoned the idea. He’d be a fool to not be silently preparing for either scenario before they occurred.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

I've got a great ambition
to die of exhaustion
rather than boredom.

- Thomas Carlyle

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
Bane’s reaction towards your character may be...
violent, rude, or flirtatious in nature. It's who he is.
It is not a reflection of my personal feelings towards you.
Concerned? Pm or Skype me.

Offline Orcrist

• Alteron
  • Apprentice
  • Liked: 9
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 09:37:39 PM »
Saboro had burned many bridges in the past, where Kings and Queens were forced in their hand to do so. Orcrist did not understand back then, he was only a boy in a world of politics. He only wanted food, only wanted the catering any prince deserved. Ayrion had wanted to go to war with Alteron, and had succeeded. Scimitar and Rapier were no more, Ajax no more. Olive eyes glanced to the Dragon sitting behind him, feeling the flames of anxiety lick against his back. She was quiet, observing.

Orcrist was grateful for that.

The commandant snorted at the amount of children Bane decided to showcase, the man not entirely interested in family at the moment. For another time, but at least he understood to ignore the twins as they had no business in this affair. Licking his nose, Orcrist would listen with ears forward, slightly impressed that the Right Wing knew his history. Saboro wanted to mend their alliances, their broken vows, and perhaps they could redeem themselves yet. Once he was done, the Commandant would turn his head to the Dragon, thinking that he should not be the one to decide right away. The Keystone and Dragon had to decide whether to shake the hand of a former enemy in alliance.

He would instead compromise in order for things to go smoothly. He would take the responsibility, and he glanced back to the prince before him. "Aye, indeed we need t'think on it. I'd like t'invite yah t'stay fer awhile as we decide our stance. I will have yah stay 'round m'den as a precaution. I'm sure our children can learn from each other in that time." The Fledglings learning from fledglings. Orcrist would also be the one responsible if anything went wrong. He hoped Azuhel would trust him on this one.

"I'd like t'introduce yah to t'Dragon, Azuhel. M'boss. Seems y'met Atlas, one of my sentries. These two girls here are Sarissa and Maera, our children. Welcome t'Alteron, Bane." Please don't make me regret my decision. Orcrist would stand and turn to Azuhel, leaving the two girls to stand before the Right Wing and his troop. "Dragon, I'll have 'em stay w't me f'now. It's your decision if y'want the alliance. If they betray us, then they'll be in t'belly of t'beast, trapped. We'll see."

Sarissa waved to the two boys, nudging her sister in the shoulder.

And they shall say
unto the elders of his city,
This our son is stubborn and rebellious,
he will not obey our voice;
he is a glutton, and a drunkard.
- Deuteronomy 21:20
⇢  Played by Gothy
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Offline Nereid

• Till the monster stirred
    that demon, that fiend
    He was spawned in that slime
    By God, punished forever for the crime
  • Saboro
  • Apprentice
  • Liked: 12
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 10:54:50 PM »
How curious it was to hear the history of the home he grew up in, had lived in, and how it had been ravaged- enslaved even, all told like it was a footnote in a history book... he nearly tuned it out the dog was so uninterested. Tongue brushed across the flat leather of his nose as his maw bumped against his brother's flank, attention unfocused as he felt drunk with the smell of it all. All he could think of was that shamed Talon who he had let escape from the dying jungle, and reflexively felt the saliva flood his mouth at the still-there yearn to carve the man's last eye out and feel it slide down his gullet like its twin had his brother's. It was that pull- that hunger for that taste, for the feel of the water at his elbows as the catfish nibbled on your toes, and the smell of the dust from the pulverized skull of his brother. That was what he remembered, not some bit of trivia at the bottom of some cereal box.

But looking at the mountains, the mint mother and her brood, her stranger of a husband that was once a forgettable child... maybe it wasn't as well as he thought.

Waxy lips made a sound like snapping gum as he got lost in his fantasy, but it was the Right Wing that had those angular ears flicking forward and attention focusing vaguely as it usually did. But even then sickle tail bobbed at his heels at that smoky voice, and he hummed honey-sweet in response. Oh, he nearly purred, this was a particular lover he had been more than happy to add to his horde of gold... or mangoes? "Yessir~" he acknowledged with a wink, the cheeky thing he was, and the crocodile’s yellowed teeth snapped playfully at the heel of a fledgling that was falling a step behind. Hurry little things, hurry! It was time to see the Dragon before she gobble you all up! Poor Isidore, poor Rike, poor little Nereid!

And oh, there she was.

Let the others banter away with formalities, he grinned as his tongued the thick tissue of the scar on his lip, you wouldn’t let the dogs sit at the dinner table after all.

From the shadows and into her line of sight slipped out a rippling shade, a muted flame and jackal’s smile that should have been donned on the third in a set of fractured skulls lost among a soft bed of curling ferns instead flashing bright and alive. Ma! Momma! Toes flexed to dig blunt tips of claws into the dirt underneath as the wyrm sought to control the reflexive urge to coil and twist under his mother’s chin with a screaming screech from those rusted pipes of his, and instead raised that thick head of his to drink that scent from the air in lieu of using his eyes.

But he made no move to acknowledge her (ash, mother’s milk- of course it was the same sly note that had caught his attention once over the stink of all that Inarian blood). It was certain that the Peregrine would have vehemently refused to send the brothers with the fledglings in their care had the fact that they were the Red Dragon’s own missing twins was common knowledge, and, Atlas permitting, Nereid was keen to keep it that way for as long as possible. Saboro knew not what they held in their palms after all. Slits of moonstone glittered in amusement from where he hovered over Enys, and shifted as the serpent turned his attention to sniff at an emerald beetle scaling the ridges of his toes.

There was no doubt in his mind that he’d have company when his charges’ eyes slipped shut for the night, when finally the compounding resonance of those rustling cattails and humming dragonflies called the boy back to the place he had drowned. Perhaps she’d finally come for the heart that had been denied to her by Jette- the heart that he had always been willing to reach into his chest and pull out for her to devour whole, even if the feeling of his own guts sticking to his hands made him sick.

Yes, there was much to discuss. He was alive after all!

[11:17:00 PM] Lio: cro: i love my husband, he's almost ethereal
[11:17:06 PM] Lio: nereid: both eyes are pointing in different directions
[8:36:08 PM] Nova: he’s sin he’s grace he’ll bite you in the face
[8:36:11 PM] Nova: nereeeiiiiddddd

|Roleplayed by Kookamunga|