Author Topic: kill the party with me and never go home | laramie  (Read 193 times)

Offline Caius.

• Initiate
  • Acanthus
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 4
kill the party with me and never go home | laramie
« on: May 26, 2017, 08:48:21 PM »
In the wake of the collapsed Sun, Caius had walked away from a land whose soil housed more blood than insects. The physician expected the outcome long before it happened. Losses were inevitable. War never aligned with fairness, heavy casualties were guaranteed; yet another demand of change, of freedom.

And, finally, the emperor was dead and his empire no longer — but the spectacle the freed lands had to give was hardly satisfying. A great mass of dead, decaying flesh, only fit for vultures and flies. Ultimately though, the sight was moving for its intensity, its size, not for its nature; Caius always had been immersed in violence. He was born in it, molded by its occurrence.The chaotic atmosphere that reigned before the fall of the false idols was just the last piece to fit everything into place — to culminate into a supernova, and explode on itself.

So many had burned… Their sacrifice had almost no witnesses, nor their graves had names to commemorate their memories. Oh some ex-civilians survived, and remained. And remembered stubbornly, refusing to cut the umbilical cord. Desperate or feeble, certainly. But mostly foolish.  The pack was broken beyond recognition — wind carried its death across the lands and soon, others would show and take its place. The survivors weak attempt to hold on onto the empire’s skeleton was nothing but a grief stricken decision, doomed to be nothing but a sterile growth.

Ha, War… What a splendid culmination of absurdity.There was little meaning to draw from it. Such destruction could only create more black holes, more bottomless pits for people to throw themselves into — vengeance, regret, denial, obsession, dementia, name it — while hoping it would just make way to blank spots.

All revolutions wished for it, in the end. 
Tabula rasa.

Did it succeed? Caius didn’t dwell much on philosophical matters.
The more important question was: did he care?
This had a more clear and accessible answer. (No.)
His purpose wasn’t to create anew. (It wasn’t feasible by any means).
His purpose had been to destabilize, to hinder a superstition-ridden disease from proliferating. (To eradicate the plague).
Oh, his fur was dirty, but then again, whose’s wasn’t? (What did it matter if he helped the cogs fall into place faster?)

Disaster was inevitable when superposition and incompetence were bred into generations — some of the creatures spawn from the emperor’s blood, following eagerly in his footsteps were proof enough of that. If he didn’t help, another mind like his would have taken his place. If anything, Caius was glad to take this role in his own hands. When the dismantling began, satisfaction rippled though his every pore. It certainly felt… liberating.  Even seasons later, he could taste victory on his tongue, and revive the whole feeling at the mere thought of it. An exquisite banquet… which ended in time. Ah, all pleasures melted away, eventually. It simply meant new beginnings. And Caius certainly didn’t live in the past.

Surrounding lands were explored. He never stayed in one place for long, but his ears and his paws were diligently put to work. His ever-working brain still had no definitive tracks; he liked to keep his options open. Besides, what you could learn by trading your skills was worth the wait. A few advice on how to pick your mushrooms or making basic splints for travelers and locals untied tongues faster than smalltalk. Those who needed treatment or knowledge knew how to find him by now; and he certainly wasn’t hard to find. His den, by the side of a small stream, was nestled into the hollow of a stone wall, and was recognizable by the various climbings plants sprinkled across the surface. As of now, Caius was resting, enjoying a short but relaxing nap, just before sunset.

That is, until footsteps rebounded off the walls of his temporary home. Sleep was always light for him, and with reflexes as sharp as ever, blood charged into his limbs and muscles; he sprang to his paws, a low growl tucked in his throat. As the sounds got closer — unusually light for any canine or big predator — his first concerns, as well as his vicious snarl,  all but disappeared. However his guard didn’t, a honed control maintaining every inch of flesh in place and green eyes never moving from the obscurity in front of him. If War had reinforced every notion of self preservation, the one wearing the crown was vigilance.

❝ Regno sopra fantasmi. ❞ 

I rule over ghosts.

__________________ [] profile

Offline Laramie [rp]

• Initiate
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: kill the party with me and never go home | laramie
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 05:46:53 PM »
[l a r a m i e]
ooc; sorry for the wait!
-------------------------

She had returned from Nardir no worse for wear one would assume, though slightly emboldened in herself after having spoken to such a marvel of wolf-kind's blood and lived. It was a false sense of strength at its best, but don't tell Laramie that, the little wolfdog was incredibly pleased with herself. She'd met a KING, she'd seen his battle scars, listened to his frightening gravely accent, and walked away alive. Fiery orange eyes alive this morning, again attempting to hunt for herself after her near-death trample by the buck deer. Rabbits, she took Julek's advice to heart, and was learning more about how to separate them from their burrows so they could not jut down into the earth away from her snapping fangs. And she was getting fast, she'd had the benefit of being part Border Collie, incredibly long legged with excellent agility. However that the young woman had not expected as she charged a cornered rabbit was that the sprain she had recieved via the gopher hole near Nardir would re-injure. But it sure did, thump thump thump thumpthumpthump-- pivot--- twist, sprain. The golden speckled wolfdog let out a loud yelp, again landing face first, missing her meal and tumbling very unceremoniously into a nearby stream. "effin' ow!"

Laramie sighed softly, if she didn't get this all better she'd starve to death before she even had a chance to get good at hunting! For several long moment she simply laid in the cool water, letting it course over her now throbbing front paw. It's hard to feel too proud with oneself when that oneself was stupid enough to re-injure an old injury. She was frustrated with herself, and laid her ears back against her skull before eventually sighing and raising herself out of the water. This was bad, bad bad bad, a whimper slipped out. The girl didn't know jack crap on a stick about how to heal these sorts of injuries, and wasn't sure what exactly was even wrong-- she'd never hurt herself before. As the golden maiden began to limp out of the water she heard a crow call from above, it's harsh and short caws irritating her ears, and yet... 'There's a man upstream that can fix that for you. The wolfdog stopped then and looked up, offering a sincere smile past watery eyes to the black avian who had already disappeared from sight. The young woman was new to this area, but the idea actively excited her, too naive to fathom it might be some sort of trap or trick... She'd never been trapped or tricked, not since leaving the village that is. So she excitedly hobbled in the direction of Cauis and his healing den, vibrant eyes much more alive now; still wet though, pain didn't disappear as quickly as sadness.

Eventually the girl came upon the den by the stream, and in the distance could see a brown man, large man... Though he didn't appear to be as large as the Bacchus she had encountered, so her hesitation went away and Laramie moved closer. "Hi, uh. I heard a bird, well a crow to be specific, but I probably don't need to be specific do I? Anyway, I heard a crow, it said in a rather annoying voice that you can fix hurt things? Like me? I'm a hurt thing, or well, that's not the matter, my paw, it's a hurt thing. I dunno what I've done to it but it hurts to walk on. A lot. It's really effin' annoying actually cause I can't get the hang of this hunting thing until I quit hurting it. I've done it once before too. Got it stuck and twisted in a gopher hole running from a big buck deer with--- uhm, antlers! Yeah. It was suggested that I hunt rabbits instead and I was getting good, cause I'm fast like Momma, but I hurt my effin' paw again. And you can fix it right?"

Mr. Non-Conversation, meet Ms. Always Talking.   

« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 05:50:22 PM by Laramie [rp] »
#DD3712

.profile.
.played by eclipse.

Offline Caius.

• Initiate
  • Acanthus
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 12:10:34 PM »
The tension present in his ribcage and his paws eased as the figure revealed itself, the fading sunlight illuminating the intruder’s orange-red eyes with sharp precision.
A small canine, spots and brown hues covering her entire body. The physician’s eyes quickly went to her head, as he tried to pinpoint her species. Her appearance didn’t indicate a strong wolf legacy, however, she did have some features that could evoke wolf traits. She had likely several genes mixed in her blood. And judging by her size, she was either a kid or had parents on the smaller side of the scale… Perhaps both. The youthful voice that bubbled out of her mouth pretty much confirmed it.

"Hi, uh. I heard a bird, well a crow to be specific, but I probably don't need to be specific do I? Anyway, I heard a crow, it said in a rather annoying voice that you can fix hurt things? Like me? I'm a hurt thing, or well, that's not the matter, my paw, it's a hurt thing.’’

Oh yes, dear child, you are a hurt thing, he thought, a subtle sigh escaping him. Caius didn’t say a word as Laramie went on, his ears lazily moving from side to side — his brain wasn’t concentrated on every word she uttered, but rather on specific bits of information she disseminated in her lengthy greeting.

’’I dunno what I've done to it but it hurts to walk on. A lot. It's really effin' annoying actually cause I can't get the hang of this hunting thing until I quit hurting it. I’ve done it once before too. Got it stuck and twisted in a gopher hole running from a big buck deer with--- uhm, antlers! Yeah. It was suggested that I hunt rabbits instead and I was getting good, cause I'm fast like Momma, but I hurt my effin' paw again. And you can fix it right?’’

A reaction that wasn’t exclusive of this moment, but which had history with the superstitious an nonsensical claims once shouted by mockeries of power. But even though his focus hadn’t been entirely employed, he couldn’t say he enjoyed the first contact with this stranger.

"Do take time to breathe, girl." He commented, in a manner that wasn’t far from teasing… if only his deadpan tone of voice wasn’t so pervasive. Without wasting time, he made a beeline for her, already inspecting her leg as well as the rest whole body like she was under a magnifying glass. "And refrain from moving, please."  He finally added, formal, almost deceptively so, but it didn’t change the fact the very strong recommendation was only inches away from being an order. A stance greatly motivated by her tirade, which indicated she was one of those chatting and klutz types — and Caius always wished he’d see less of them into his domain.  But beggars can’t be choosers, right?

Slowly, he’d approach his head to the wound, looking for any signs of infections, or any other sign of defect… Should Laramie make any sudden move, Caius would snap his teeth like one would snap fingers — a chastising sound, to remind her of the very purpose of her presence, and the effort she’d put into being very unproductive. And perhaps the display would quell the literal gurgle of words from coming out of her throat, if only for a time.

His inspection didn’t last long — Caius already knew what to look for, thanks to the description of her ailment. Eyes searched, a sharpness in them which wasn’t present in the previous exchange of words he had with his patient. He didn’t spotted any other signs of illness or wound upon his quick check-up. Apparently, Laramie just had a muscle strain. A rather bad one, but nothing really incapacitating.

"Now… normally I would require a trade to fix things. But you have brought no form of payment, did you?" Rhetorical question. Of course she didn’t. The young girl reeked of spontaneity, of callousness. She was quite literally a happy go lucky child — an endangered species nowadays. And Caius was hardly moved by the sight. If anything, he was more intrigued on how long she had managed to survive by being such a air-head. Despite her little incident, Laramie was undoubtedly lucky to have all her limbs intact. A shame she probably wasn’t able to realize her defying odds.

"But seeing as you lack experience and the means to bring me anything at the moment…" There was a short pause, and then a nod. "I can make an exception." Generosity wasn’t exactly on his mind, but his host didn’t need to know that yet. Besides, he could probably coax out something useful out of her among endless string of words. "Lay down. I’m going to apply a balm to your leg." He calmly instructed, and went looking for his ever loyal tools, not one for smalltalk despite his guest’s obvious preferences.

❝ Regno sopra fantasmi. ❞ 

I rule over ghosts.

__________________ [] profile

Offline Laramie [rp]

• Initiate
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 07:44:07 PM »
[l a r a m i e]
ooc; sorry for the wait!
-------------------------

•Little oblivious Laramie doesn't notice how judgemental he's looking at her appearance, she's on a mission to get her paw fixed and that's that! Poor sweet stupid naive Laramie, walking up to a stranger and announcing that's shes hurt.

•She didn't catch the sigh he let out either as she began her long speech about her the pain she'd caused herself-- and that he was expected to fix because the bird had said he fixed things and she didn't think any further than that.

•When Cauis scolded her, it didn't sound very playful that is, Laramie looked at him with a hard expression suddenly, "Uh, I breathe quite well actually? It's my--" she realized he was telling her to shut up, or the politer equivalent and she snapped her jaws shut before saying that it was her paw that hurt. "'K." The wolfdog spat out, somewhat hard, like that hateful text you send to let someone know you are pissed off at them. So when he told her to refrain from moving, she stuck her nose up in the air and stood there before finally being unable to bite her tongue.

"You should be less rude to people, because that sounded super rude and I was just telling you what was going on. I came to you for help and I dunno it wasn't very polite is all." Matter of fact-ly, frown of disdain.

•Despite being told not to move, she plopped down, sitting her butt on the ground to take some of the stress off of her front leg, which hurt a lot. It didn't effect Cauis inspecting it though, and Laramie was feeling somewhat childish with him.

•Cauis asked, rhetorically-- but Laramie didn't know, if she had brought no form of payment. "Well the stupid bird didn't say ANYTHING ABOUT THAT!" The little wolfdog would shout up angrily at the sky where she'd last seen the bird. "Not that I'm very good at hunting right now, y'know, on account of I'm here for my hurt foot and all tha--" He was talking, she realized now he already knew and wasn't actually asking. "Err oh."

"Now see, THAT is being polite, good job! You took my advice," Laramie grinned proudly at herself, nodding softly to Cauis whose expression was clearly disinterested. The brown girl furrowed her brow but laid down when he told her to. Something about a balm was coming to her leg.

•The moment he returned to do so, she began to speak, "So how long before it'll be okay? What's actually wrong with it? Is it permanent? AM I GONNA DIE? OHGODIMGONNADIE. No non no.. I maean... I man... No. What is gonna happen to me? It's not super bad is it? Balm. Balm means it's okay? Or does balm mean it's awful? What is it made of? What does it do? How did you learn to do this? Where are you from? I'm from a Man Village, so it's my brother but he's not important. OH OH OH OH OHHHHH! MY NAME IS LARAMIE BY THE WAY!"

#DD3712

.profile.
.played by eclipse.