Author Topic: Warpath through a Wildfire [Seki][Mature]  (Read 669 times)

Offline Charley

• Healer
  • Hero
  • Wokka wokka O.o
    • DA-foxflightly
  • Liked: 84
  • Likes Given: 209
Re: Warpath through a Wildfire [Seki][Mature]
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2017, 04:20:00 PM »
Oh she wanted to run, but run away from her bastard father, not her beloved who assured her he was still all for her. In that moment, in the face of this news when he turned to her and told her that truly this didn't change anything between them, and that he was still all in, was when he truly became her Beloved. In her darkest moment to date, where she literally wanted to rake her father's eyes out and feed them back to him was her black knight, reassuring her.

"It's extremely likely." Hakan went on quietly, ashamed, "My birth pack was a small band of nomads, no one would join us since we didn't have a territory. I don't remember much about it, I was still young when we were massacred, but almost everyone called each other cousin, or aunt, or brother. I learned more from my mentors after the devastation, they had always been concerned with the way my pack had been living. Some Uncle of mine I think was the half crazy leader with this purity mindset and new blood would come in only with finding abandoned pups. Like Oasis. My true sister Dasa, she was born half albino, I remember the family saying she was strong because she didn't have a twin. I think it's the girls most affected because they're the ones carrying the pups. And I know from my own experience helping many mothers deliver that twins can have a harder time coming to term or being delivered without one dying over the other.  There's a lot of risk and its usually harder on the female in general. I'm hoping though, that since my own mother was not related as closely, since she had a strong litter and lived, and then through Firebright, Kyra I'm hoping you have a better chance. I didn't want to tell you too early or you and your sister might have been consumed with it."

Kyra grumbled and slashed her tail, she couldn't look at him. He'd be right that they'd be consumed with this. She lifted her head with a rough steady breath, determined. If she was anything, she was a fighter. Tainted and polluted blood be damned. She looked at the one wolf she could look at. He was from a bloodline full of power and fight. Even delicate Sara, despite a complication during childbirth, fought through and made it just fine. Kyra's own mother was a valiant fighter as well.

"You can have your doomed prophecy. When I get pregnant I'll be more than fine. I'll raise beautiful healthy children." She swung her head to glare at him, daring him to say otherwise, and started to trot off haughtily.

"Let's go Aku. Lets speak with Alana and the King."

"This isn't something you can just challenge and win Kyra!" Hakan called after her, attempting to exchange a look with Byakko. Could no one make her understand?

"Watch me!" She barked back. She was an adult after all, she could make her own decisions about her body.

Offline Sekirei

• I'm only happy...
  • Hero
  • when it Reigns.
    • My DeviantART page
  • Liked: 154
  • Likes Given: 38
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2017, 07:14:42 PM »
(I can do one last post. I think this is about done, unless you want Hakan and Byakko to chat a bit more about this)

"It's extremely likely. My birth pack was a small band of nomads, no one would join us since we didn't have a territory. I don't remember much about it, I was still young when we were massacred, but almost everyone called each other cousin, or aunt, or brother. I learned more from my mentors after the devastation, they had always been concerned with the way my pack had been living. Some Uncle of mine I think was the half crazy leader with this purity mindset and new blood would come in only with finding abandoned pups. Like Oasis. My true sister Dasa, she was born half albino, I remember the family saying she was strong because she didn't have a twin. I think it's the girls most affected because they're the ones carrying the pups. And I know from my own experience helping many mothers deliver that twins can have a harder time coming to term or being delivered without one dying over the other.  There's a lot of risk and its usually harder on the female in general. I'm hoping though, that since my own mother was not related as closely, since she had a strong litter and lived, and then through Firebright, Kyra I'm hoping you have a better chance. I didn't want to tell you too early or you and your sister might have been consumed with it." Hakan explained.

That satisfied Akutan enough that his inner-Storm receded. Still, if Hakan's bloodline was that damaged, there was no guarantee that introducing Lindarian blood would be able to repair it, never mind the blood from Firebright's side. This half crazy uncle of Hakan's was precisely why the Lindarian Royal Family didn't go that route. Sure, up until Akutan's generation, everyone in the royal family was a pure Fringe Dire but that purity came from smart mating practices. Lindras had satellite packs, some of which had Fringes. X was the interloper, truth be told, since the royal line came through Firewing. They weren't even betrothed the normal way. They just randomly met when X's pack was wiped out (leading to the permanent mystery of his real name), established a friendship, fell in love, and X was elevated to Alpha alongside her.

"You can have your doomed prophecy. When I get pregnant I'll be more than fine. I'll raise beautiful healthy children. Let's go Aku. Lets speak with Alana and the King." Kyra said, turning her back and heading off. "This isn't something you can just challenge and win Kyra!" Hakan warned, catching Byakko's eye. "Watch me!" Kyra sniped back. Akutan remained where he was for a moment."Once her mind is made up, there's no getting through to her." he said before looking at Hakan. "Unlike her, I understand the risks. I'm also smarter. Trust me, with the amount of bad luck this family has had since Grandpa married into it, I'm expecting any number of complications. That said, have a little faith." he said before following Kyra away.

Byakko whistled before letting his haunches hit the ground. "Kyra's been the kind to challenge things, right? Might as well let her go through potential hardships that arise from this on her own. Besides..." he paused before chuckling. "You helped my runt of a daughter deliver three pups and she survived. As a healer, you know runts have a higher chance of death at birth because of their size so those who survive to adulthood and have pups of their carry their own risks. It's on them now." he said.
Character Bin
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

If Roman Reigns has millions of fans, I am one of them. If Roman Reigns has only one fan, that is me. If Roman Reigns has no fans, I'm no longer in the world.

Hail the Roman Empire. Hail the Guy. Roman Reigns fan for life.

Offline Charley

• Healer
  • Hero
  • Wokka wokka O.o
    • DA-foxflightly
  • Liked: 84
  • Likes Given: 209
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2017, 10:54:14 PM »
Hakan watched them recede, her angry words echoes in his ears. What he wouldn't give to have Firebright beside him now, she probably would have handled this much better. Kyra had been much closer to her mother than she ever was to him.

He sighed and sat on his own haunches. He couldn't look away from their disappearing forms into the bush. He could still hear the raucous stomping of his determined pig headed daughter.

"General... I love her so much. She's all I have right now. Whether Fire or Lyra and Reese return, perhaps even, she's all I have left. I can't stop her from not having pups but she's brash enough to do something stupid and risk her life while she's pregnant by not being careful enough. I don't think even Akutan will be able to keep her on den rest if she needs it." He felt a million years old, he probably looked it. He knew she wouldn't speak to him for the next little while. He sighed again, looked up to blink back some tears, and looked at his old friend.

"You of all people know the level of my experience and specialty. I have witnessed all kinds of complications, frick I nearly lost Firebright when she was giving birth to that girl walking away from me now." If it hadn't been for Jase showing up with that Passion flower right on time, Kyra being a breech and coming in backwards, would have either killed her mother or resulted in brain damage for herself. Stars, what if that was the case, her impulsiveness was the result of brain damage for being too long in the birth canal? And the albinism that ran in his blood, they were always particularly weak and if they did make it to birth they would never make it past their first sickness.

With a shuddering sigh Hakan shook his head and got up. "Good luck to them, I hope she wants me when she needs me. Maybe Akutan can talk some sense into her, someone's got to since Lyra isn't here." He didn't wait for Byakko to say something. It felt pretty final. There wasn't anything he felt Byakko could say to lift his spirits.

He had some work to do.

Offline Sekirei

• I'm only happy...
  • Hero
  • when it Reigns.
    • My DeviantART page
  • Liked: 154
  • Likes Given: 38
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2017, 11:36:12 PM »
(Byakko tapped me for some closing remarks so I'll let him take the floor and this is done)

Byakko listened as his old friend let his worries hang in the air. As the old healer walked off to do whatever he was up to, the monochrome Fringe closed his eyes and let the wind envelope him. "I know you're watching, Black Wolf, and I know you don't interfere in the affairs of mortals...but perhaps you can work a miracle this time, instead of a curse like the one you set on my family in time immemorial. Maybe you can intercede on their behalf to the Father of Wolves, our mutual creator." he mused aloud. Opening his eyes, the Fringe jumped up onto the boulder, holding his head proudly up towards the sky. He believed Hakan was selling his son's abilities rather short. Akutan was nothing if not persuasive if need be and it was pretty obvious that Kyra was completely smitten with him. Perhaps that's all that was required for Akutan to keep her under control.

Byakko knew he could nothing for anyone in this situation. Akutan seemed confident that he knew what he was doing, Kyra was being a bit pigheaded for not respecting her newly discovered limits, and Hakan seemed too broken for Byakko to be of any help to. But Hakan had Sara as well. Perhaps he couldn't talk to him but perhaps a fellow Halo and a young female at that could be what the old healer needed to confide in. Byakko's family knew something of tragedy...all too well. Hakan couldn't sell them short in that department. 
Character Bin
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

If Roman Reigns has millions of fans, I am one of them. If Roman Reigns has only one fan, that is me. If Roman Reigns has no fans, I'm no longer in the world.

Hail the Roman Empire. Hail the Guy. Roman Reigns fan for life.