Author Topic: Warpath through a Wildfire [Seki][Mature]  (Read 541 times)

Offline Sekirei

• I'm only happy...
  • Hero
  • when it Reigns.
    • My DeviantART page
  • Liked: 153
  • Likes Given: 38
Re: Warpath through a Wildfire [Seki][Mature]
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2017, 12:40:06 PM »
"I would be the stupidest girl on the planet to pass you up-- and you'll never get it back..." Kyra whispered in his ear, entwining their limbs a bit. Akutan had a feeling she knew what she stole and she was welcome to keep it. If she could handle a cracked heart, she could handle all of him. She gave him a nip before whirling to her paws, aiming in the direction of their secret spot. But despite the initial fire, Akutan didn't feel the burning need to have his way with her right now and just leisurely brought himself up to a lying position, looking at her. "I know what you're after. But I don't think that's a smart idea right now." he said. That was what made their first night safe. To be honest, the two of them had lucked out big time.

Kyra hadn't exactly been quiet as both of them shattered inside as they fulfilled each other in ways that had been foreign to them up to that point. Akutan had never been with a female like that before and he could tell Kyra had never been with a male. It was something of a miracle no one was around to hear them. The thing the Maelstrom had said about no one ever knowing was just part of the seduction game they had played. Had he been in his right mind that night, he never would've said such a thing because of the possibility of someone actually catching them in the act. Akutan doubted if their secret place was remote enough to keep getting away with what they were doing. The pack had a lot of land and it wasn't exactly crawling with wolves either. Still, he wondered if there was a cave under a waterfall somewhere where they'd be a bit safer sneaking around. A crashing waterfall would drown them out and it would keep the scent of their passion from filtering out.

Akutan, whose eyes had been giving a point just off to Kyra's right the thousand yard stare, shook his head suddenly to come back down to earth. When did he start thinking about breaking the rules so casually? He was better than this. No matter how good it felt to finally stop thinking and just act, even if no one ever found out, he'd have to live with the fact that the two of them were just sneaking around behind quite a few backs just to lose themselves in each other. A shift in the wind got his attention then, leading to Akutan getting to his paws as he looked into the wind. He was quiet and his eyes were focused on the direction the wind was coming from. He could almost hear his mother's voice in his head, begging him to be smart and not to give in so easily. Part of him wanted to obey but his dark side was itching for some action since, once again, there was a willing female standing right there whose vibes were as subtle as a bear's claws in how she wanted him.

Ah screw it.

"If you're that desperate...do you know if there's a waterfall cave somewhere? We might be safer there than at that place. Although..." he trailed off. Throwing on that roguish grin guaranteed to make her crazy, Akutan sidled up to her before circling her. "Maybe I should make you struggle more for me." he practically purred into her ear. Yep...it was like another Akutan took the place of the one that had always existed. This Akutan knew how to work magic with just his words alone...and he liked that power. Either that or Kyra was just easy to work up, like putty in his paws to mold as he saw fit. It was almost terrifying how easy it was to shift paradigms like this, something the Maelstrom hadn't known was possible since he grew up a bitter wolf. And now that one encounter had either awoken or created the side of him that was talking to Kyra now.
Character Bin

If Roman Reigns has millions of fans, I am one of them. If Roman Reigns has only one fan, that is me. If Roman Reigns has no fans, I'm no longer in the world.

Hail the Roman Empire. Hail the Guy. Roman Reigns fan for life.

Offline Charley

• Healer
  • Master
  • Wokka wokka O.o
    • DA-foxflightly
  • Liked: 84
  • Likes Given: 205
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2017, 02:22:17 AM »
"I know what you're after. But I don't think that's a smart idea right now." She heard him say as he got up, much more slowly than her quickness. She lifted her head in frustration and brought her nose down quickly blowing air through her lips in exasperation. He was riiiiiight, of course. Her paws were itching now though, and she briefly thought about chasing her tail to get the nerves out. She looked up and saw that he was staring far away, thinking deeply. And in a blink he was shaking his head again and she watched as he paused again. She could almost see his train of thought. Considering it, denying himself, thinking about the rules, probably family values... It was written all over his face. And then...

"If you're that desperate...do you know if there's a waterfall cave somewhere? We might be safer there than at that place. Although..." Oh he really is smart, a waterfall cave! Romantic, private, dangerous and--  "Maybe I should make you struggle more for me." He came up to her, started circling her, purring to her. His demeanor changed and her fur ruffled around her neck with excitement. The tenderness morphed into a dangerous eager challenger.

"Mmm? Who's desperate now?" She said watching him with her eyes a gleeful grin on her face. She whirled to face him every time he circled just out of her vision, "A waterfall shouldn't be too hard to find." In a race he would overtake her quickly, but she'd beat him back by sparring if they weren't ready. MMMM!! A real test of their strength against each other! Though her journey perhaps would help him overcome her a little easier. She whirled to face him again and saw in her periphery that they were close to the mountain. And Nardir was surrounded by mountains. And the mountains fed the rivers, and at the head of rivers were generally waterfalls.

A nagging thought, what if she was the end of him? What if this time she did get pregnant. The pups would be taken away, he would be disgraced, she would be a disappointment, if push comes to shove they could be Cast Out or at the very least their ranks and potential stripped away. Why oh why did this occur to her now? Because she was seriously considering this again. Leading him to their doom. That first night he had known all this, she was blissfully ignorant. Now she knew and she couldn't play pretend that she didn't. Her gaze shifted to the distance, and spotted a stream of blue nestled against a backdrop of rock. Instead of mischievous joy though, her face fell. He would sacrifice everything for her. Now she had the potential to be properly ranked, a part of the Mantle.

"I can't do this to you." She tucked her tail around her and sat on her hinds. Her voice full of grief. "Stars, that makes me excited. The way you just said that, hM!" She admitted with a pleasurable shiver, "But... you would sacrifice everything for me. But now that I know... Now that I know what could happen. I dunno Aku. I dunno if I can say the same." Her gaze had been watching that waterfall in the distance, mostly covered by trees, calling her. It was different when she didn't know and she didn't quite realize the stakes.

She really didn't like the way he would toss it all away for her. She didn't know what to do with that kind of... sacrificial love...

She didn't trust him that one day he might fall out of love with her. She didn't want to commit because she didn't think anyone else would be able to commit to her. Was she the one who wanted the promise? She kept her heart so close to her chest, sleeping around didn't seem that bad of an idea. It seemed like she skipped that conversation about how the birds and the bees results in consequences, namely evidence.

She glanced away from the waterfall, away from Akutan. Looking at him certainly wouldn't help. She wanted to ask him if he'd love her forever but that sounded stupid.

Offline Sekirei

• I'm only happy...
  • Hero
  • when it Reigns.
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2017, 08:16:59 AM »
"Mmm? Who's desperate now? A waterfall shouldn't be too hard to find." Kyra said. Akutan just kept his roguish grin on his face but it then settled into a neutral expression when he saw her look away to a waterfall in the distance. She seemed to be thinking about the repercussions if they were caught. How unlike her. It actually made him proud and he knew beyond the shadow of a doubt she was the one he wanted. "I can't do this to you. Stars, that makes me excited. The way you just said that, hM! But... you would sacrifice everything for me. But now that I know... Now that I know what could happen. I dunno Aku. I dunno if I can say the same." she said.

Akutan blinked for a second before a small smile cut across his maw. He lifted a paw to pull her into his ruff. "And that...is what I meant by struggling more for me. My heart's decided but it seems you still need time. I can give you that. We don't have to do anything. Just being in each other's company is enough for me." he said. He pulled back to look her in the eye. "If you don't believe anything I'm saying right now, you can believe this: I'm with you to the end of line. I can't imagine anyone else in my life other than you but again, if I'm not in your future, I will try to manage. I have to get stronger. If I'm destined to be alone, I think I've already accepted that...in my heart. I'm not the warmest wolf and I can't shake the demons from my past. I'm pretty dark. Yours is the fire that illuminated that for the first time since my mom died. I'm not going to lie but I'm glad you're denying me right now. I'm still learning to control the side of me that was awoken, if not created, by our first night." he added. He dropped his nose to her head and inhaled deeply.

He still wanted to take her but if she was unwilling, then he could rein in the dark side. If they had done it again, it would've gotten harder for either of them to say no and they'd be caught for sure. He wasn't sure he could handle constantly sneaking around either. He wanted for them to do it whenever they wished with no fear of reprisal. To do that, they needed to be recognized as a mated pair. That said, Akutan wasn't against flirting the way they had been because it didn't have to lead anywhere if they didn't want to. Akutan was strong enough not to jump her in his passion. Kyra, on the other hand, would probably get worked up enough where she'd jump him instead. The thought made him chuckle.
Character Bin

If Roman Reigns has millions of fans, I am one of them. If Roman Reigns has only one fan, that is me. If Roman Reigns has no fans, I'm no longer in the world.

Offline Charley

• Healer
  • Master
  • Wokka wokka O.o
    • DA-foxflightly
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2017, 11:43:23 PM »
What a mess she was. So indecisive, every time she let her head get involved it screwed everything up. Instead of some awkward conversation as their desire deflated, she felt him pull her in his ruff and she was encompassed in his rich smell.
"And that...is what I meant by struggling more for me. My heart's decided but it seems you still need time. I can give you that. We don't have to do anything. Just being in each other's company is enough for me." Heh, suuure that's what he meant about struggling more for him. He was just quick on the uptake, she would have gladly let him catch her and try to best her physically. She relished the thought. Was being in his company enough for her though? Did she have to question absolutely every effing thing that came out of his mouth? When he pulled back and caught her eyes though, sincerity and honesty were almost dripping visibly from his mouth.

He reiterated his love for her. Then without saying the word promise he literally laid it out that he was beyond a shadow of a doubt willing to be with her till the end. He admitted though it was still up to her and he would try to manage without her. He was almost proud of her denying him this time and had a hard time controlling this other side of him.

Ugh, could he just... Decide for them both? Could he just take her and make her his and make it easy for her? That way if she screwed it up somehow it would be easier for him to let her go maybe. So she couldn't disappoint him. Don't put her on a pedestal, don't put her so high that if she fails she breaks her neck and everyone's heart involved. Silence was her answer for a moment. Her bright blue and dark brown eyes darting between his right and left. Calculating in her own slow way the non-words going through her head.

After a moment she opened her mouth then closed it then started again.
"What if... what if you..." Too late now Kyra, you've started asking it. If he's willing to go the distance might as well show him This side of you now, "What if I'm too much? What if one day you just get tired of me and tell me to leave? What if I screw something up so bad it gets me or you kicked out somehow, or what if I make you mad? What if--" It was a tumble of what ifs and hows, her mind spiraling out of control, all the various ways she could mess things up and cause him to not love her anymore, "What if I lose control and get really mad at you? What if I really screwed things up with Alana at the Tortuga border and she's thinks I'm not good enough to be on the Mantle? What if I screw things up so bad we're never allowed to have pups? What if I'm a terrible mother?" Her heart was beating wildly and her pupils were pinpricks. she couldn't stem the tide of words. She wanted to stop so bad, he must be thinking she was crazy now, he couldn't love someone who was so wrapped up in this deep of self-doubt. What if she had to constantly ask him if he still loved her until his dying breath?

Offline Sekirei

• I'm only happy...
  • Hero
  • when it Reigns.
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2017, 01:06:03 PM »
"What if... what if you...What if I'm too much? What if one day you just get tired of me and tell me to leave? What if I screw something up so bad it gets me or you kicked out somehow, or what if I make you mad? What if--"What if I lose control and get really mad at you? What if I really screwed things up with Alana at the Tortuga border and she's thinks I'm not good enough to be on the Mantle? What if I screw things up so bad we're never allowed to have pups? What if I'm a terrible mother?" Kyra let it all out. Akutan just blinked for a moment while he cycled through everything he heard.

One piece at a time. That was how to address this. "Well, first off, after everything I lost over the course my life so far, do you really think I'm going to let you go so easily? Trust me, you'd have to do something pretty terrible in order for that to happen. My standards are not that difficult to meet. If you ever get mad at me, I'll bear it and hope that once you blow off steam, we can work on whatever the problem is. I don't know what you're going on about with Tortuga but if it was a slip of the tongue, that's hardly a deal-breaker when going for a rank. It depends on how bad you messed up. I doubt it was bad enough to warrant Alana forbidding us from having pups when we're able to." he assured her.

The Maelstrom stretched out for a moment before shaking his body. "I'm not about to judge something I wasn't witness to so it's between you and Alana. Even if you don't make Mantle, we can still be together and still have a family of our own. And I wouldn't worry too much about being a bad mother. It's not uncommon for females, who think they're not cut out for motherhood, to have their first litter and find they really take to it. You'll have Sara to help because she has experience. And you'll have me. It will be a learning experience for both of us. Just because I took to my new cousins easily doesn't mean I'd be a good father. But I'm still willing to try." he said.

He decided to pause there to let her internalize it all. He also didn't want to get too far ahead of themselves. They were still finding their way with their new dynamic and the possibility they wouldn't work out after all was still in the cards. Akutan was probably fighting harder than Kyra was because of where he came from. He still desired stability in his otherwise chaotic life and she provided that chance for the stability he so craved. How he felt for her was a two-sided coin. On the one side, he wanted her to give her heart to him freely with no strings and to be in it for the long haul. He wanted to love and be loved in return. The other side, the dark side every wolf had, desired her body above all else, knowing it was the perfect vessel for his progeny. Akutan had made his dark side known to her but not that extent. He could never tell her how that side only saw her as a tool, as a puppy-making machine. He valued her far more than that. Striking the balance between those two sides was something he was hoping to achieve and she was the perfect partner to help him meet that goal. In a way, she was already helping him by forcing him to confront the dark side's existence. He wouldn't run or hide from it. Ignoring it would just make it stronger. He then started to wonder about her own dark side. How did she see him?
Character Bin

Offline Charley

• Healer
  • Master
  • Wokka wokka O.o
    • DA-foxflightly
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2017, 06:57:55 PM »
"Well, first off, after everything I lost over the course my life so far, do you really think I'm going to let you go so easily? Trust me, you'd have to do something pretty terrible in order for that to happen..." it echoed in her mind like a bell toll. Of course there would be a limit to what one could accept of their loved one. She listened to the rest but she couldn't meet his gaze. She drew her paw over the grass as he stretched. He still didn't answer her about whether she might be too much for him, or if he one day just stopped loving her. He liked her now sure, all fiery and sexy, young and all. But what about when she was old or just when the tough times come around? Of course they would never know until the tough times do come around. Why'd he have to be all sensible? Why didn't he just interrupt her, push her over and make it all go away? Because he really did respect her, and liked her enough to let her deny him and not push at all.

There was really only one way to find out if they'd work, and that was to go through life together. The ups and downs, come what may, take life as it comes.

In true Kyra fashion she decided the best way to go forward was to go at lightning speed and turned to him all seriousness.
"Then let's do it. Let's be official. Let's tell everyone, and start this life." He'd already been romantic and popped the question so to speak, she was tired of being a butthead and wanted get some more of that sweet sweet ass. If he eventually got tired of her, so what. She could handle it. If she made him mad enough to hurt her, she'd beat him back and handle it when it comes, IF it even ever comes. That's the thing, you never know IF anything's going to happen, they like each other now and that's all that matters.

Offline Sekirei

• I'm only happy...
  • Hero
  • when it Reigns.
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2017, 07:34:23 PM »
Kyra seemed to think for a moment before giving him a serious look, one that meant she had come to a decision. "Then let's do it. Let's be official. Let's tell everyone, and start this life." she said. It took a moment before Akutan realized she accepted him. Now, a normal guy would've whooped in joy but Akutan wasn't a normal guy. He smiled and buried his face into her ruff. "You have made me feel happier than I have in a long time. I can't promise I'll be any good but I know we can do this together." he said. He started grooming her face before sitting down again and bringing her against him.

He was no real hurry to tell anyone just yet. He wanted to savor this moment. Of course, if Kyra was itching to go and tell others, he'd gladly follow. "Nervous about telling your dad?" he asked. He knew Hakan wouldn't object (hopefully) but it was a bit nerve-wracking to let those who raised you know that you were going to become a mated pair with someone. Akutan had the fact that Hakan knew all about him and his problems, enough to decide if he was a threat to his daughter or not, going in his favor. He wondered how his own uncle would react to the news. In all likelihood, the oldster would be thanking the winds and their ancestors that things were looking up for his nephew at last.

"Mom...I think...I'm finally moving forward."
Character Bin

Offline Charley

• Healer
  • Master
  • Wokka wokka O.o
    • DA-foxflightly
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2017, 11:48:36 PM »
Kyra returned his smile as he pulled her in and buried his face into her fur. She liked making him happy, liked getting all of his secret smiles to herself. She relished in his physical affection, her love language above all things. Yeah, this'll be alright. She didn't know why she had to be such a butthead about stalling for so long. As he pulled her in again after grooming her face, she reached up to lick under his chin. A weight had been lifted from her back it seemed, a decision finally made. Mates. Partners. Eventually Parents. Meh let's not get ahead of ourselves in the parents department, they could wait a little while for that.

"Nervous about telling your dad?" He asked, and she perked her ear. Not really, why should she be?

"Not- well no. I mean he probably thinks whatever I do I'll mess up somehow. He'll probably pull you aside and ask you if you're sure, honestly. Byakko might think you could do better, maybe. I'm more nervous telling him." She truly felt like the broken one in this relationship. She didn't think she could be much of a stabilizer for him, she thought he could be more of a stabilizer for her honestly. He was sensible, stoic, and for the most part, thought things through unless she goaded him. She really hoped he knew what he was getting into. "Secret" trips behind a waterfall 24/7 for one.

"Anyone you're nervous about? Any previous girlfriends I should beat up?" She asked with a smirk, she wasn't totally serious about beating them up. Harass maybe, if they were around.

Offline Sekirei

• I'm only happy...
  • Hero
  • when it Reigns.
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2017, 12:35:46 PM »
"Not- well no. I mean he probably thinks whatever I do I'll mess up somehow. He'll probably pull you aside and ask you if you're sure, honestly. Byakko might think you could do better, maybe. I'm more nervous telling him." Kyra replied. Made sense. Byakko was the father figure in Akutan's life and naturally, she'd be nervous about that. Neither of them understandably knew if their parental figures would approve of their choice in mates. But on the flip side, Byakko was more passive that he was in his youth and was content to let life pass him by due to old age setting in. He wasn't as likely to worry and was also content to let Akutan make his own mistakes. He never tried protecting him that way and that was a good thing. It meant Akutan could learn and grow from them...and he had. Kyra, on the flip side, clearly had some more growing to do but both were still young so they'd grow together. The Maelstrom sometimes acted like he knew what he was doing but there were times where he clearly didn't.

"Anyone you're nervous about? Any previous girlfriends I should beat up?" Kyra then asked with a smirk. "Unless you're counting my puphood crushes, I haven't been with a single female before you. I think I'm good." he replied with his roguish grin, secretly hoping to drive her nuts again. He reeled himself back a bit as he stood to shake his fur again. "I want to tell Uncle Byakko that we're diving into this thing called mated life." he said. This was a turning point. Not only did Akutan want to break the news to his family but he wanted to tell Byakko exactly how much he appreciated everything he had done for him from birth until now. And he wanted to call him the name he had only called Storm up until his death. He started walking before looking back at Kyra if she remained there. "Let's do it." he said.

(Did you want to do the family announcement in this thread?)
Character Bin

Offline Charley

• Healer
  • Master
  • Wokka wokka O.o
    • DA-foxflightly
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2017, 12:07:19 AM »
((Is there anyone outside of us two that's part of the fam? I guess other than Buckshot. We can do a small "Hey dads and Sara, guess what-" here then ask for OOC Permission then see if we can get IC permission with Someone, and GET MARRIED))

What? This rogue hadn't been with anyone else? Damn, they were so lucky! She lifted her brow at him when he flashed her his mischievous smile that he knew would light a fire in her. It was easy for him to pull back, to deny himself but she had to physically pin her ears down and grind the dirt under her paws to distract herself from jumping him right then and there. When he gave a shake of his fur she did too and the last of the lakewater was discharged from her fur.

"I want to tell Uncle Byakko that we're diving into this thing called mated life. Let's do it"
She smiled at him in agreement and tenderly nipped his shoulder before she sped off in the direction of the clan dens. She loved competing with him and egging him on.

Offline Sekirei

• I'm only happy...
  • Hero
  • when it Reigns.
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2017, 02:40:19 PM »
(I was just thinking the dads for now. Sara and Bucky can wait.)

Kyra just smiled in agreement before nipping his shoulder and taking off. Akutan just smiled in return before tearing after her. His body was built for running, slim and powerful. He overshot her easily before easing up on the gas so he didn't leave her completely in the dust. As he ran, the wind whistling in his ears, the Maelstrom thought about what he planned to tell Byakko.

Upon reaching the den area, Akutan slowed to a stop and waited for Kyra to catch up. He could see into the area but no one could see out so it didn't take long for him to spy his uncle doing his meditation on the family boulder. Looking at the red angel who consented to be his mate, Akutan took a deep breath and shook his head to get his forehawk in place. He then started striding towards Byakko and Hakan if he was there. "Uncle...Hakan...Kyra and I have something to tell you." he said. Byakko's gold eyes opened and he looked down at the youngsters, his eyes crinkling in a smile. Akutan's eyes took in the large, horrific facial scar. The twisted mass of flesh defined his large uncle as much as his devotion to the Old Ways. "Speak your mind." the Fringe said, sliding off the boulder to stand before his nephew.

With one last look at Kyra, Akutan squared his shoulders and looked him dead in the eye. "We want to be mates." he said, confidence in his words that hid the fact his heart was pounding. Byakko cocked a surprised eyebrow. He looked between Akutan and Kyra. His eyes slowly closed as he started to chuckle. Akutan just kept quiet, his blood roaring in his ears. "Well, I'll be damned. Never thought I'd see the day you'd find someone to complete you. Your parents would be proud." Byakko said. He reached up and pulled his nephew in. Akutan just pressed his head to his uncle's chest, letting out a breath he didn't know he was holding. Byakko looked at Kyra. "I owe you more than you know, young lady." he said, as he let Akutan go.
Character Bin

Offline Charley

• Healer
  • Master
  • Wokka wokka O.o
    • DA-foxflightly
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2017, 03:13:42 PM »
Kyra skipped and tried to nip him again as he passed her and settled to trail him closely. She came up on his right side and hung back near his tail as they came upon the clearing. She couldn't help but smile as he looked to her, tossed his head to straighten his hair, and watched him striding, on those long silver socks, confidently into the clearing. She hung back, suddenly unsure again. When he stopped in front of the boulder it was the last look her way that made her join his side. It was then that she was reminded of a time when she was very young, curious of the mass of tissue on Byakko's face and boldly investigating the great General. She had coined the term General Scaryface, but it had always been that she had been able to see through scars to the gentle passionate spirit behind the mask. It was her twin sister that at one point had a puphood crush on the Old General. And if she was being honest with herself, she had always thought her twin would be standing next to Akutan now. She smiled briefly when Akutan mentioned they want to be mates in agreement. But thinking of Lyra made her heart twinge with ache. Did she have any right to be here?

Hakan had just started leaving when the couple showed up. He had come by to check on the pups and enjoy some time with Byakko but at the mention of his name he came back and watched them curiously. His daughter was quite subdued despite the happy announcement. The old healer softly smiled as Byakko pulled his nephew in, saying something about his parents being proud and finding someone to complete him. He had to admit he didn't think this day would really come for Kyra. Lyra yes, but not as readily or soon for his beloved firecracker. Kyra looked at him, she had been far more fearful of her father's approval than she had let on.

"I owe you more than you know, young lady." Kyra whipped her head back from looking at her father to seeing bright yellow eyes blessing her with his gratitude. She smiled and her shoulders relaxed, Byakko knew the mess at the Tortuga border, he was very forgiving. She really hadn't been as worried about telling him as she had let on. "Just don't go tossing yerself over cliffs anytime soon. There's more to come I'm sure." She said lightly teasing him about his comment at Tortuga.

"Yes, please no diving off of cliffs." Hakan chuckled softly coming closer, but his face fell softly from the joy of the moment. A haunting secret he thought he wouldn't have to tell her so soon tugging at his heart. He wouldn't dampen the moment though, not now. But definitely before too much time had passed, certainly best before they seek the permissions from the monarchs.

"Brings me joy to hear this, Kyra. You've chosen well." Hakan said softly nodding at her and smiling. But his smile didn't reach his eyes and she could tell. Was he truly happy for her or disappointed, thinking she was too young and brash for this sort of thing?

She could tell he had a facade up, maybe it was something he didn't want to bother her with, infront of Byakko. He was very private when it came to family matters and had always been careful never to chastise her in public. Was she going to be waiting for a private word later?

"Thanks, Dad" She said, somewhat awkwardly and raised a brow at him, signalling that she got the message. 

Offline Sekirei

• I'm only happy...
  • Hero
  • when it Reigns.
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2017, 04:06:35 PM »
"Just don't go tossing yerself over cliffs anytime soon. There's more to come I'm sure." Kyra chuckled. "Yes, please no diving off of cliffs. Brings me joy to hear this, Kyra. You've chosen well." Hakan agreed. Akutan waited for his intended to finish before looking at his uncle. Byakko's black fur on his upper jaw was getting lighter and lighter every day. Still he looked as strong as ever, the same strength that defined his breed. Akutan knew he had Fringe blood in him but his uncle was the last of that pure bloodline. It made the young patriarch sad that he had started the weakening of their blood and would contribute more to the downfall of the Fringes of the Lindarian Royal Family when he had pups himself. However, Byakko wasn't one who cared about the strength of blood. Family mattered most to him. While Akutan's generation and every generation after him were (for all intents and purposes) mutts, they were still family and worthy of their royal lineage.

"Uncle...I've been thinking about this for a while. Interacting with Rapture made me really think about our relationship since Mom and Dad died. I just want to say thank you...for always sticking by me even when I was lost in the dark for so long. I'm never going to completely heal or get over everything that happened but I think I can move forward in spite of my demons. You've been like a father to me and it's only now that I'm actually able to see that." he said. Byakko smiled warmly but remained quiet as it seemed his nephew had something else to say. "I just have a question." Akutan said, shifting on his paws and brushing one against the grass. "What is it?" Byakko prompted. "Can I call you Dad?" came the rather surprising but oddly not unexpected question. The old Fringe blinked only once before closing his gold eyes. "I must admit I kind of foresaw this question coming. Sara and I spoke once while she was recovering from the birth of her pups and I mentioned how you've been the son I never had. Sure you had mostly bad times since the day you were born but you had some good ones, too, before and after the deaths of my dear little sister and her mate. I can't take Storm's place but it would be the highest honor to be your father. You'll always be my nephew, Akutan, but you're also my son." he said.

For the first time in a very long time, Byakko saw tears springing up in Akutan's pale green eyes before they closed and his head bowed. "Thank you." he heaved. The oldster sat down and used a paw to pat his head. "Hopefully, a shift in the winds will tell us that Sister is, at last, at peace. I think she's been waiting a long time for this." Byakko said. He threw a grin at Hakan and Kyra while Akutan tried to pull himself together.
Character Bin

Offline Charley

• Healer
  • Master
  • Wokka wokka O.o
    • DA-foxflightly
Warpath through a Wildfire [Seki][Mature]
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2017, 12:22:26 AM »
Kyra smiled as Akutan and Byakko shared a wonderful moment. It was sweet and heartwarming. As Akutan teared up she took a step and ducked her head under his chin to give him a comforting side hug. As Byakko mentioned the winds she remembered her mom would say something about her half sibling Cora's spirit being on the wind so to speak. She pulled back for a moment and turned to her father questioningly.

"Like Cora?" She asked tilting her head.
"Somewhat, But generally she shows up as a butterfly, or a swarm of them depending on her mood." Hakan replied. "Cora" had shown up to lead him back to his family, and before that she had signaled her joy when Hakan had asked Firebright to be his mate.

"Kyra, I've been meaning to tell you something. Can we take a walk?" The healer then asked, hoping she'd appreciate the privacy.

But as usual she would butt heads with him.
"Really? Now? If you have something to say against this, Akutan would have as much of a right to know your true feelings as I do." She had placed her blood red paws squarely on the ground. A sure sign of her adamancy in the subject. She would not budge despite any further pleading.

Hakan pinned his ears in embarrassment for a moment and glanced at Byakko. He really didn't want to reveal such a private secret outside of the bloodline, but she had a point. If they were serious this would affect Akutan just as much as her.

"This brings me joy, it does." Hakan congratulated sincerely in his soft tone with a smile that quickly faded into a caring cautious look.
"But you may be heading into uncomfortable waters here due to some family history I've been meaning to bring up with you, Kyra. And if you're absolutely serious about this then you both should know." He was glad he was able to tell her before anything happened, it would be devastating if he hadn't been able to tell her before.

Kyra was on guard and curious but her heart had felt like it stopped. Her father wasn't into manipulation but she couldn't help but feel like he was disapproving even after he had said he was happy. Was he trying to sabotage them?

The old man sighed, looked away for a second, unsure if he should really continue in this way. But the only way foreward was to dive in from here. "It may be very difficult for you to conceive. And if you do it may be very difficult to carry to term, and then even if you do carry to term the females in our family have a very hard time with delivery and babies that don't typically make it to the third day after birth if they weren't stillborn to begin with."

With every new fact it felt like a nail to her body.
"What... do you mean..."

"Kyra, my heart. It would be the same for your sister. Your the twin daughter, to a twin father, who had a twin father, and a twin father before him. My sisters, and aunts, and great aunts have all had great difficulty with motherhood. Oasis was adopted and was not a twin, she had no blood relation so was not affected by this. Twins run so rampant in our family line that it would be a miracle if you or Lyra conceived living children and lived yourself. I lost an aunt to a difficult childbirth. My cousin from that litter was the only survivor and she was born with an extra leg." What did survive the womb sometimes came out like monsters, sometimes conjoined with an extra limb or even a whole extra pup. But not very unlike the monsters that roamed these lands. The boys generally never had trouble conceiving, they were extremely fertile. The women on the other hand... Sometimes lost their lives.

"It would be very dangerous for you to get pregnant." He said simply, eyes wide, his paws tucked in, his ears pushed forward. He watched her body make all the moves before an explosion.

Kyra had lost her breath.
"Whhy-" She rasped, her throat tight, anger, no rage, kept her eyes boring into the ground. She blinked and swallowed, then glared at him.
"Why would you- STARS DAD! Why the FRICK would you unload that on me NOW? Why didn't you bring this up before? Why wasn't I raised with this information? FRICK YOU! YOU SELFISH BASTARD." She snarled and raked the earth with her paw.

His voice was very small, "I didn't want to burden you with it." He whispered. He glanced at Byakko and Akutan, gauging their reactions. He thought to raise his girls on this information would doom them. Keep them from finding love, make them morose. He heard of one of his cousins nearly taking her own life when she was told right as she was entering adulthood.

Kyra would have made very different choices in the past if she had known. For one thing she wouldn't have goaded Akutan that night, or even dreamed she'd find a mate. Akutan was all about pups. It was the circle of life.

Would he want her now? Her father wouldn't lie about this. With her head down she looked back to Akutan but could barely see through the fog of angry tears. The Dire mix girl had no Fury to her blood but if she did, by the moon she'd be blind with it now.  Already she had been unsettled by Akutan's attentions, unsure of what he saw in her. Maybe his genetics would change the game though, maybe his children would unwind this curse.

This would have killed Lyra.

Offline Sekirei

• I'm only happy...
  • Hero
  • when it Reigns.
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2017, 01:05:46 AM »
Akutan and Byakko listened with increasing concern that suddenly defined Hakan's entire family tree. "How is it possible for these problems to run this rampant in your family without inbreeding? These things just don't happen that often in genetically diverse bloodlines." he said, fully channeling Storm for the first time in his life. Before, it had just been hints, enough to prove he was Storm's son. Now, though, Storm may as well had come back from the dead and took over Akutan's body. The scowl on his face was all Storm. Byakko leaned away from the young patriarch, a bit more disturbed at what he was seeing from his son than what he was hearing from Hakan. Still, Akutan had a point. What Hakan was describing sounded like the sort of things that occurred when inbreeding was a huge factor. It was something the Lindarian Royal Family was wise to avoid, recognizing that genetic diversity would ensure the purity of the bloodline. Thus all pure Fringe descendants weren't predisposed to genetic disorders to the scale Hakan was implying, sans the Fury and that was only part of the bloodline because the Black Wolf cursed them via an ancient ancestor. Once again, Byakko was ever grateful he was the last pure descendant because the curse ended in all finality with him. Pure Fringes would never rise in his family again. Especially since he had no way of knowing about his brothers' own branches of the family tree. Assuming he was the last to carry the Fury in all branches was the only option.

Bear in mind that Akutan's voice was calm, steady, and at his usual volume. It was only his expression that thundered his displeasure and his desire for answers. Hakan would probably feel grateful that his level-headedness was winning the day here. The Maelstrom couldn't leave his family's entire existence on Sara's pups. He wanted to leave something of himself behind...to carry on Starfire's living legacy which was going to be handed down to his own children. "Why would twins in your bloodline have this much trouble and why just the females? Such a mystery for me to puzzle over some other time." Akutan then sighed, regardless of what explanation Hakan would offer. Inbreeding had to be the answer. He turned his eyes to his intended. If they went through with trying for pups, there was a chance Akutan would lose her, them, or both. Did he want to take that risk? Did she? More importantly, did this new information turn Kyra into a flight risk? Was he going to lose her before things even began? If it wasn't one thing, it was another. Would the trials never end? Was the Black Wolf toying with him.

"Dad...is the Black Wolf in the business of ruining the lives of the living? Because at this rate, I'm inclined to believe he's the source of Grandpa's bad luck and he's dead set on keeping it going through me." he asked Byakko. The oldster's concerned look turned into one that was essentially the nonverbal version of sarcasm. "Only time he's interfered directly in the lives of the living was long enough to give our ancient ancestor the very curse I was born into. The same one you'll live to see the end of when I finally die. Other than that, it's not the Black Wolf's way or purpose to meddle in the affairs of the living. He's a gatekeeper, not a sadist. And, don't forget, he's a neutral force. No point in trying to paint him as the bad guy here." he replied.

Akutan took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "I don't want this to change anything about us, Kyra. I'm still all in if you are. I want to try for a family eventually. Maybe...we'll get lucky. Maybe things will actually work out better for us than for your family." he said. He really didn't want Kyra thinking this information just broke what they had. She couldn't get rid of him that easily and she really shouldn't be alone while processing this either. This time, Akutan was prepared to be her rock, her lifeline. The thing keeping her afloat. It was all riding on her, though. If she ran from him now...then that was it. Akutan's branch of the family was finished and Starfire's living legacy was ended. It couldn't end like this.
Character Bin