Author Topic: Warpath through a Wildfire [Seki][Mature]  (Read 400 times)

Offline Charley

• Healer
  • Master
  • Wokka wokka O.o
    • DA-foxflightly
  • Liked: 78
  • Likes Given: 188
Warpath through a Wildfire [Seki][Mature]
« on: May 24, 2017, 07:04:52 PM »
Blood red paws itched to move faster. She could tell her companions were disheartened and exhausted by their fruitless search. They were eager to get home, though she couldn't help but feel that she wanted to get home more than the others. She wanted to race ahead, egg them on to hurry, to rush, maybe to let her go on her own ahead. Since her verbal screw up at the meeting in Tortuga she had been uncomfortably silent and visibly irritated. She didn't want to screw up even further by making another mistake while they were in Tortuga so she chose to keep for clap snapped shut. When they left to make their way home she didn't speak either. She wasn't good at comforting, and had no words to say to her companions, especially when she was already on the verge of exploding.

She would take a moment to dash ahead of the group a few paces at times, then stop and rake her paw into the grass waiting for them to make their way up. She would make the excuse of scouting ahead to make sure the way was safe, but really she was trying to get rid of this anxious, eager, confusing, angry, shuddering energy that would not go away.

Finally when the border of Nardir came into view the thoughts that had been plaguing her the whole trip made it to the forefront of her mind like a red hot claw catching her breath. It took every sinew in her body to keep herself from launching ahead and barreling into the sleek black fur of a certain someone. She glanced back at Byakko making his way with the group, he would probably want to stick with her as they came to the border, hoping to see his nephew. Her first stop would definitely be the clan's den site if he wasn't already at the border. That would be annoying, she was already holding everything back to keep herself from howling into the sky for him.

She thought this trip would let them have time to cool off. Think things through, make real decisions. But as was evidenced from her snide remark she barely had her head on straight as it was. She couldn't focus, she couldn't hold a conversation, she was DiStRaCtEd beyond belief and couldn't think of anything other than a bright lightening mark against a pitch black sky, hovering under twin luminous pale green moons. The time away did nothing to staunch the flame, in fact it had gone blazing into a full blown wildfire consuming all thought.

Finally they made it to the border and started to part ways. It was just her and Byakko now since they would be heading in the same direction. She should have thought to turn to the councilman and ask him if they should have howled before entering, but her mind was on one singular thought, and her paws forged ahead as if on a warpath.

Offline Sekirei

• I'm only happy...
  • Hero
  • when it Reigns.
    • My DeviantART page
  • Liked: 151
  • Likes Given: 36
Re: Warpath through a Wildfire [Seki][Mature]
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 08:46:19 PM »
Byakko was in a contemplative mood all the way back to Nardir. He knew Kyra was anxious to get back and he knew why. Akutan was there. He had a hunch the two young souls were crossing paths in ways that went beyond friendship. It wasn't his business but he was understandably concerned. Akutan was as much his son as he was his nephew. He and Kyra were born relatively close together but the Exile had kept them mostly apart. Then they meet again a couple years later and after his grandpups were born, both had disappeared the entire night and when they returned, Byakko had sensed a shift in them. What this shift was, he couldn't guess but he hoped both were being smart about things. Last thing either needed was to get swept up in something without thinking.

Still, they were young adults and had to be free to make their own mistakes and have their own triumphs. All Byakko could do was be the old guard...and he knew he was on his way out eventually. He didn't want to worry about his nephew and just enjoy his grandson and granddaughters. Akutan was also smart and willing to learn from mistakes, even if it didn't seem like it to others at first. Byakko trusted him unconditionally. So while Kyra was impatiently but quietly telling him, Becrux, and Alana to pick up the pace, the oldster was quiet and kept his leisurely pace. The firecracker could stand to learn some patience and Byakko was noticeably slowing down in his old age, even though his overall strength waned very little. Such was life for a Fringe Dire.

So when they reached the border, lo and behold, Akutan was there running his circuit.

AKUTAN

The Maelstrom spotted the party and paused. Even from his distance, he could see that Kyra was looking extremely irritated. Still, he felt his breath catch. He felt an irrational urge to run and meet her but stayed his paws. He took notice of his uncle, who looked tired, and Alana. Given they returned alone, their mission was an obvious failure. When they reached the border, Akutan forced himself to speak to his uncle first."The pups have left the den."he said. Byakko smiled. "Thank you, son. See you around." was all the oldster said before nodding farewell to Alana and picking up the pace to the den site. When the Queen and Becrux were gone, Akutan just looked at Kyra. His pale greens looked her over. She looked well...and as beautiful as she did the morning after...that.

The Maelstrom wasn't one to make the first move and even if he was, he honestly didn't know what to do to greet her. Confusion started swirling through his head. Questions like "what now?" started making the rounds. So he just sat down, unsure of what to do now and afraid to ask Kyra if she saw him the way he saw her now. He still couldn't decide if what they had done in the darkness was the right thing or even if he could honestly say he was in love. His cynical and jaded worldview left him lacking in many areas that came naturally to wolves like his mother or cousin. He still didn't know exactly what Kyra thought of him.

At this moment, he either wanted to repeat that night or just wish for the ground to swallow him up so he didn't have to deal with the damnable confusion threatening to snap his mind in two. He opted for the latter. Repeating that night was a bad idea, despite the talk they had when Kyra visited when the pups were still small. He just...wanted to disappear right now but this beautiful red wolf was keeping him where he was rooted to the spot.
Character Bin

If Roman Reigns has millions of fans, I am one of them. If Roman Reigns has only one fan, that is me. If Roman Reigns has no fans, I'm no longer in the world.

Hail the Roman Empire. Hail the Guy. Roman Reigns fan for life.

Offline Charley

• Healer
  • Master
  • Wokka wokka O.o
    • DA-foxflightly
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 11:50:50 PM »
And there he was. Where else would he be truly? To her eyes he had been hidden in the shadows on her approach and she had been so single minded that it was if he had suddenly appeared before her. Every hair on her body felt like it was pulling her closer. Whiskers felt magnetized as they pointed towards him. She was thankful Byakko made a quick exit. Obviously too tired to do any real catching up with his Nephew. She watched the others disappear, and stood rigid watching Byakko's form fall away into the underbrush and immediately upon losing sight of him she took one more glance around them to make sure that they were alone, then, as he sat there awkwardly, she took the five steps at a mad dash that was far too quick and strong for the short distance and risked toppling him over. Trying to bury her face into his fur.

When her nose met midnight she took a long shuddering breath of his smell. It made her tired limbs tremble with the sweetness. Was this love? Was this confusing mess all-she-wanted-was-to-be-close-to-him feelings of chaos and trembling, big L Love? She wanted to press her forehead into him so hard it would make her previous embarrassment fade away. She wanted to tumble down a hill with him and laugh at how stupid she could be and how complicated they were making this. Her chest ached as if being pressed this hard against him wasn't enough.

All she could breathe to him though was: "I missed you..." in a shuddering breathless mess. She didn't even miss her sister this much.

Offline Sekirei

• I'm only happy...
  • Hero
  • when it Reigns.
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 12:32:29 AM »
Kyra was always the go-getter, given his vague memories from his younger days when his mind wasn't ruled by the memories of the White Demon and life in the wilds. She came right at him and hit him almost hard enough to bowl him over but Akutan's current posture practically no-sold it, leaving her to bury her nose in his fur. His expression softened a bit as he finally ultimately to, as he saw it, pull a Storm and let his usual stoic demeanor drop for one that was relaxed and happy to see her. He let his nose drop to her neck and breathed in. "I missed you..." she breathed. Were he in a snarky mood, he would've said something along the lines of them being gone only not even a full moon cycle.

But he didn't. "So I see. Things got boring around here without you crashing around the place." he said with a chuckle. Yeah, he wasn't sure he could honestly say he was in love yet but he had treated the mission as an experiment to see how the separation would affect him. Kyra was more normal and stable than he was so she was reacting the way any female would after coming home to the male she loved. He, on the other hand, noticed that two days after his uncle left on the mission with her and the royals, he started getting antsy inside, as if expecting her to pop up at the dens saying "Fooled ya! I ain't going anywhere!". When that didn't happen, he got physically agitated and took more runs of the borders than he normally did to relieve both an odd sense of boredom and excess energy. In hindsight, he realized he was subconsciously trying to make time go faster so she could get home and keep things lively.

It was to the point where Akutan began to seriously question how his pre-Kyra self managed to function. Of course, to be sure, he still enjoyed his relative solitude and quiet time because that's when it felt like his mother was nearest. But since Kyra had come crashing back into his life, things took on a paradigm shift and left him longing for a normal life: a life he didn't think he was capable of having because of his lingering issues and past trauma. Things that were never going away and would continue to define his life as the Maelstrom and especially his role as the patriarch. He wasn't sure he could freely give what Kyra wanted of him, and that's if her attitude right now was indeed indicative of her true feelings. He decided to do something he rarely did: ask straight up.

"Kyra...I've been thinking about this since you left. What are your feelings regarding me exactly?" he asked, keeping his nose in her fur. Being straight-forward was a strong suit of his in any situation except this one. He felt his ears burn a bit in slight embarrassment. But it had to be asked. Despite his doubts that he could be a good mate to her if things really were heading in that direction, he knew he was capable of trying. To not try was to fail and he wasn't fond of failure. The worst the red female could say she missed him as any friend would, in which case, he could easily roll with the punches and keep looking. He needed to know what being away from him had done to her emotionally and mentally. What she was doing now didn't paint a complete picture by any stretch and he was approaching their whole relationship the only way he knew how: methodically. He didn't have much of a concept of hope or even false hope. Such things were more or less foreign to him, given his experiences.

(Yeesh, Akutan's going to turn into a sex fiend if I'm not careful. XD)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 12:37:34 PM by Sekirei »
Character Bin

If Roman Reigns has millions of fans, I am one of them. If Roman Reigns has only one fan, that is me. If Roman Reigns has no fans, I'm no longer in the world.

Offline Charley

• Healer
  • Master
  • Wokka wokka O.o
    • DA-foxflightly
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 01:29:49 AM »
She nuzzled her face into his neck as he brought his nose down into her own fur with a deep sigh. She smiled warmly as he chuckled about how things were boring without her. Good, he missed her too. She felt a lot of her anxiety start to melt away as he continued to hold her, letting her press into him. Her pressure got lighter as she grew more comfortable, as the thunderous beating in her ears started to match his steady rhythm.

"Kyra...I've been thinking about this since you left. What are your feelings regarding me exactly?"

Her breath caught in her throat at the question, her heart skipped a beat and it was as if she was watching herself pull away because it was the last thing she wanted to do. She pulled away and looked up into his eyes, under the black fringe over his forehead. She never liked trying to put her feelings into words, they usually escaped her. A lot of the time she just couldn't put her thoughts and emotions into a verbal sentence. But she wanted to try, for him. She actually wanted to make the effort to try and get him to understand her. She was usually the one trying to pry into people's thought processes and finding how they ticked so she could outrun them, take them down, or make them do what she wanted.

What she wanted right now was for him to understand her, and for once she didn't want anything else from him in that moment. Asking her frankly was probably the best step in that direction.

She took a deep breath trying to start and again the words failed to come out. So she took a moment and glanced back the way she had come. As if to recall the journey she had just taken and the mess her mind was the entire time. Let's start there.

Still glancing off into the distance she took another breath and tried again, "I feel... Like when I think of you it makes my head spin. Like, the entire time we were gone the only thing I could think about was coming back and being with you." She turned her bright flaming head back to him and looked him in the eyes again seriously, "I like the way you smile, and the way your fur falls in your face. I like the color of your eyes." She stopped and watched those eyes for a moment. Yup, she really liked that color. "It's hard... sometimes... to say how I feel. A lot of the time, like, everyday, I don't always know how I feel. I'm not thoughtful like you. I admire that, in you." She wanted to be thoughtful, to be patient, to be methodical, maybe someday she'll get there, but now she all she wanted was NOW and couldn't really think of later a whole lot. Maybe it was her maturity level, her inexperience, her age, or just simply her personality and need to be unique. But everyone typically liked the patient thoughtful people more than her brash and loud self. She saw Akutan's family around him and how loving and kind and full it was and how everyone looked up to him. Her family was always telling her to be quiet, be patient, take her time more, slow down.

"It takes me while... to nail down exactly how I'm feeling. Sometimes I don't process something that's happened for days." She continued, "All I know is that I like you. I like making you smile. I really like being one of the only people to make you smile." She said finally cracking a smile back at him as if she had won that challenge of being someone he could put his guard down for. But it faded for a moment as a question popped into her head.
"Is that ok? To not know exactly how I feel? To have a hard time saying how I feel?"

Offline Sekirei

• I'm only happy...
  • Hero
  • when it Reigns.
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 01:46:05 PM »
Kyra pulled away to look up at him. Akutan just waited patiently for her to gather thoughts. Unlike him, who spent most of his time just thinking, Kyra wasn't that much of a thinker. It was a struggle for her to put her thoughts in order because she was more of a doer. She had a couple false starts before looking back the way she had come. He only marginally tilted his head. "I feel... Like when I think of you it makes my head spin. Like, the entire time we were gone the only thing I could think about was coming back and being with you." she said, looking back at him. That fit the definition of love, if nothing else. "I like the way you smile, and the way your fur falls in your face. I like the color of your eyes. It's hard... sometimes... to say how I feel. A lot of the time, like, everyday, I don't always know how I feel. I'm not thoughtful like you. I admire that, in you." she said.

The sentiment made him smile a tiny bit. He tended to overthink at times and a lot of it steered into negative territory. But his ability to calculate outcomes was what allowed him to function well as the Maelstrom. Being described as thoughtful was a new one to him and it made him feel a little happy to know that's how Kyra perceived him. "It takes me while... to nail down exactly how I'm feeling. Sometimes I don't process something that's happened for days. All I know is that I like you. I like making you smile. I really like being one of the only people to make you smile." she said. That last statement made his heart beat speed up a tiny bit. That was true, full stop. Akutan rarely smiled, reserving it most for Sara and now her pups. He didn't smile at Byakko or Ticon hardly ever but both of them knew it was just who he was and where he came from. Kyra made him want to smile, something he still couldn't believe because personalities like hers were rather tiresome. Why she seemed to bypass that was something special.

Is that ok? To not know exactly how I feel? To have a hard time saying how I feel?" the red wolf asked. "It's okay to struggle. We all do that one way or another. It's why life's a journey, not a destination. I'm in the same boat, to be honest. I don't know if the two of us together is a smart idea...especially after that night. But I won't rehash what I said the morning after. You know why I'm hesitant to go any further than this without knowing if what I feel is legitimate. Still...just once, I want to think with my heart instead of my head. My head's saying we're bad for each other but my heart says something else." he paused, looking into the packlands in the direction of the dens. "I want...I want what Sara has. Interacting with the pups makes me feel the happiest I've felt in so long. I never would've imagined I could bond with pups, considering how jaded and cynical I've become. I want that...more than anything now. he said.

He chuckled, closing his eyes for a second before looking back at her. "I want you to be the one walking with me through life. I want to grow old with you, have a family with you. I want this, not only for myself, but for my mom and my dad. I want them to rest easy knowing I'm going to get better. The winds whisper to me a lot and they're always sad for me. I want to change that and you're the only one I can imagine being the one to help me do that." he admitted. Yeah, so he didn't say the magic words. He wasn't sure he had the ability...or the right...to say them. Maybe someday. But what he did say laid everything bare. Even a bonehead like Kyra would understand he just gave a confession worth a thousand stars.
Character Bin

Offline Charley

• Healer
  • Master
  • Wokka wokka O.o
    • DA-foxflightly
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 07:18:07 PM »
She watched him carefully. The eagerness and antsyness from before was finally abating. She was still anxious for his answers. She gave a half smile at the validation of saying that it was ok to struggle but it faded just as quickly when he said he still didn't think they were good for each other. It made her heart sink more than she thought it could. Why? Why doesn't he think they would be good for each other, exactly? Was it because she wasn't good enough for him? Did she screw up too much? Was she simply just too much for him?

But he went on, he wanted to follow his heart and as he looked back to the packlands he mentioned Sara and pups. She didn't think she would be a good mother. At least now anyway. She started to look down, paw the ground but instead he chuckled and looked back at her, catching her gaze.

"I want you to be the one walking with me through life. I want to grow old with you, have a family with you. I want this, not only for myself, but for my mom and my dad. I want them to rest easy knowing I'm going to get better. The winds whisper to me a lot and they're always sad for me. I want to change that and you're the only one I can imagine being the one to help me do that."

What? She mouthed, and she was completely awestruck. Seriously? Just like that he confessed more than she could. He actually wanted her, for more than just gratification, for actual real companionship. Her. Kyra the screwed up, total mess, way too loud, way too brash and impulsive not even ranked yet tangle of hidden anxiety and self destruction.

Her mind completely blanked, and her gaze went distant. She couldn't process anything in front of her and didn't even realize she had tilted her head down to stare blankly into his chest with her mouth slightly open. It lasted for a solid few seconds before she blinked and closed her mouth coming back to earth.

"I... but..." To herself she sounded dumb. What could she possibly say to that? Did she feel the same way? Did she? The only one to help him? Was this all about him and what he wanted? She wanted to be with him sure, but... for the rest of their lives? Turn down every other potential male, Becrux, Arik, anyone else that had ever caught her eye, to be solely his? Oh she knew there would be no other way around it. It wasn't how Nardir was. She had been taught divorce after married was severely frowned upon, just the same way pups outside of marriage were, very frowned upon.

She couldn't meet his gaze, she wanted to run away and think about this. Give it a few days to process. He was being absolutely serious.

When she had been on her journey back she had been filled with one singular thought, losing herself in him, she wanted the wash of endorphins again like a drug. But they were too serious now, the weight of his confession fell heavy upon her.

She had already abandoned him after their night alone to face his family. What if something went wrong? What if her stumble at the border of Tortuga made its way to his ears and he realized just how stupid she could be. What if she did give him pups and he was the greatest father ever while she failed her children and didn't take care of them and hurt them somehow or abandoned them? Like his own mother? She couldn't do that to him. What if they got married and he figured out that she really was too much for him and he decided to divorce her? Abandon her?

He just didn't realize who he had just pledged this future to, he couldn't have known.

She took a step back.
She'll hurt him, she'll break his heart before he has a chance to find someone better.
She took another step, her eyes darting to the bushes on either side, looking for escape, it was like she couldn't control her body. She didn't want to bolt and here her body was betraying her mind. Could he stop her?
He'll realize how stupid she is, he is so much smarter than her.

"But I-" How could she help him, like she said that night, when she herself needed just as much help? He was ready, was she?
"But do you..." Do you know? How stupid I am, how terrible, how effed up, how much love I need, how much I could bug you.

"What if..." What if I bug you too much, what if I can't help you, what if you can't help me, what if I run, what if I hurt you?

What if I make everything worse?

Offline Sekirei

• I'm only happy...
  • Hero
  • when it Reigns.
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 08:14:27 PM »
(I think you're mistaking Starfire for Raka here. Raka was the one who "abandoned" Byakko and their daughters due to amnesia and Akutan would never think his mother, Starfire, abandoned him by dying)

Kyra seemed to get tongue-tied and it was easy to tell her thoughts were racing. It wasn't his intention to confuse her but he was being forward this time. He tapped her chest with a paw to get her to focus. "Relax. Didn't mean to put you on the spot. You don't have to answer me right away. I just wanted to get my feelings out into the open. I'll wait for you to come to a decision on your own time. If I'm not in your future the way I want you in mine...I'll manage." he said.

He hoped she gave a favorable answer. She had a lot of potential suitors in the pack. He...had none. It seemed that eligible males far outnumbered eligible females in Nardir. If Kyra decided she didn't want to be with him for the long haul, Akutan was plain out of luck. He didn't want to be alone anymore. All the same, he had to be patient. Hopefully things would turn out good for him just once in his life. He wanted to start looking at his future instead of constantly looking back at the past. He knew he was letting his mom down by remaining stuck there and time had shown he just couldn't take a step forward without someone stepping forward with him. Sara's role was over. She had her Halo duties and a family of her own to raise. Byakko was getting older and Akutan knew in the back of his mind that his uncle wasn't going to be around forever. Eventually the time would come where the young Maelstrom would have to stand on his own and he really wanted Kyra to stand with him.

But what did she want? The stray thought derailed that train, especially since it was a valid question. What did Kyra want out of life? What were her hopes, dreams, and fears? Did she even see a future with him? Or was he getting ahead of himself out of desperation for validation? To escape the darkness of his past that constantly threatened to send him over the edge with everything he ever loved lost to him? That led his thoughts down a road of fear. What if he lost her somehow, the way Byakko lost Raka? Starting a life together had its share of risks, risks he wanted to take but was afraid to because he didn't like uncontrollable elements. Akutan mentally shook his head. If he let the fear take over, it was all over. There would be no hope for the future. He had to face it head on, hopefully with this beautiful female at his side. He had never felt this way about anyone, not even the various crushes he had over his short life. Snowstreak...the lovely princess of the Greater North had been the closest but even her beauty (the way he remembered her) didn't compare to the firecracker sitting in front of him. It was an interesting game of chess they were presented with and the next move was hers.
Character Bin

Offline Charley

• Healer
  • Master
  • Wokka wokka O.o
    • DA-foxflightly
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2017, 12:45:41 AM »
((YUP definitely did. She's still scared of what abandoning would do to him anyway, I suppose. Dumbass girl, wtf is this, you weren't supposed to be Anxiety Incarnateā„¢))

His confession had brought all of her insecurities right into her face, and she had no idea how to manage them, work with them, or straight up confront them. So down they went, bury them deep. Nail them shut with Akutan's paw as he tapped her chest to get her back to the waking world. She must have looked so dumb to him.

"Relax. Didn't mean to put you on the spot. You don't have to answer me right away. I just wanted to get my feelings out into the open. I'll wait for you to come to a decision on your own time. If I'm not in your future the way I want you in mine...I'll manage."

Well at least that meant he wouldn't go on a murdering rampage of "if I can't have you no one can-" vibe. But she knew, he told her, how close to the edge he was, she had caught that drift, and that he might not actually manage. But this was him trying to lift that burden from her, she couldn't be responsible for his moods.

His tap had helped her body come back to her mind and her legs had stopped their retreating. Why was she having such a hard time talking about this seriously? Her mind wanted to run away and go blank, she wanted to run, to go beat an old tree stump until it was rot. She wanted that sweet release that would be denied until she could think this through properly. It almost made her want to say all the right things, things he wanted to hear so they could run to their bower, their secret place. Even if they were empty promises, lies, manipulations, anything to get what she wanted.

Was that all she wanted? Could she seriously not think beyond that instant gratification? Did she really want to just say anything to him to make him go wild just for one night? Honestly? Yeah. At this point yeah, but there was a part of her, those sneaking suspicious "hiding" insecurities that told her doing so would hurt him. And she didn't want to hurt him. She didn't want to be the cause of his downfall. Just about anyone else would be so much better for him. And she would be just about anyone else's downfall if she continued down that route anyway.

Kyra's mind was spinning, it was like once she finally got to thinking things through she couldn't get out of it. She needed to run, but she didn't want to run away from him. She needed a swim. She needed some rest. She needed some food. The journey was long, fruitless and frustrating. It would be nice to settle in next to him to sleep honestly, even just to sleep. There that didn't sound so... immature and manipulative. Waking up to him after that night was really nice. She'd like to wake up to him tomorrow morning too.

"I'm tired." And she was, with a sigh. She didn't think she had an answer for him right now. "I need... stars, I need a run or a swim, some food and a nap." She said, now her paws were moving again, this time with her intentions. She did just get home from an arduous trip.
"Can you join me?" She asked, pausing. She did miss him, and she was done thinking for now. Her body needed more attention than the problem at the moment. And she hoped she could get him to laugh again, put serious notes aside if just for a few hours. She didn't want to be away from him.

Offline Sekirei

• I'm only happy...
  • Hero
  • when it Reigns.
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2017, 12:32:07 PM »
If Akutan were being honest, he knew he had just lied. Of course he'd lose it if she rejected him. The thing really keeping her safe was that, for all his anger at the injustices in his life, the Maelstrom was not a vengeful soul. If he were rejected, she could walk away without fearing reprisal. He would sit there in the dark, doing nothing at all. All things considered, even with what he said, there was always that nagging voice in the back of his mind that taunted him with the possibility that not only did he seduce her that night but he made her needy for that sort of thing. Who knows? Maybe it was a double seduction. Kyra seduced him into having his way with her because his fear over losing his cousin made him vulnerable. Akutan had then turned it on her by presenting his true inner self and that seduced her into willingly letting his dark side infect her, making her beg him for release as they reached the top. Having that kind of control was intoxicating. Such a twisted thing, his true inner self was. His dark side relished in this one truth: even if she chose someone else in the end, it wouldn't change the fact that he had had her first. No matter what happened going forward, he would always have that to himself.

Regardless, it was apparent the two of them couldn't get enough of each other but Akutan's desire was now under his control. He wanted to retreat to their secret place, make her his all over again. But he wasn't desperate for it this time and that was a good thing. Last thing he wanted was to turn into an addict abusing her for his own gratification. So he made the choice to pace himself and begin learning to content himself with her company in a non-physical way. It was a challenge he looked forward to and would pass in the end. Besides, she had just come back from a long trip and was undoubtedly tired, on top of the fact that he suddenly heaped his hopes on her shoulders. In any case, it was possible the two of them would find each other in that place again in the future succumbing to the pleasure of their dance. "I need... stars, I need a run or a swim, some food and a nap. Can you join me?" she asked. "Of course. My circuit is done." he said, following her.

He walked beside her, his forehawk swaying with the motion. Despite his earlier thoughts, it was surprisingly easy to be content with her company. The fire that had raged in his core when he spotted her coming home had simmered down to a low, easily ignored ember. Just as it should be. Keeping his dark side on a leash wouldn't be difficult if she didn't goad it into revealing itself."Considering you came back with neither Mercury nor Aylie, I think it's safe to assume the mission was a failure." he ventured. He wasn't surprised and wasn't particularly sorry his wayward adoptive sister still hadn't been found. Indeed a large part of him hoped she stayed lost. While more established and sure of himself in his role of patriarch, Akutan was still afraid of Aylie coming home and trying to upstage him from the role he was born into by virtue of being the oldest blood-related pup to Firewing in his generation. Byakko had assured him that Queen Alana would throw her support behind him if it ever came to that but Akutan had to start thinking of contingencies just in case. Too much had been taken from him already. He'd be damned if he let her steal his birthright.
Character Bin

Offline Charley

• Healer
  • Master
  • Wokka wokka O.o
    • DA-foxflightly
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2017, 06:04:21 PM »
Kyra's expression immediately grew more thankful and soft as he joined her walk. She was leading them this time, first a nice dip in the lake would do her wonders. Wash off the dust of the road, soak away the mishap at Tortuga, clear her mind some from these wandering buzzing invasive thoughts. It would be so good to just spend some time with him.

"Considering you came back with neither Mercury nor Aylie, I think it's safe to assume the mission was a failure." She nodded.
"Yeah, well we went to Tortuga and asked them too. We also solidified some ties with them." She flicked her gaze away, not wanting to reveal all but felt like she had to say something about it, "They're customs were a little strange to me, but perhaps Anika's group had more luck than us."

She flicked her tail and kicked up her pace as they came to the water's edge. She waded in nice and slowly, feeling the rocks under her toes. The icy waters of Deephaven wrapped around her legs and pulled the ache and dust away. She waded in just until she could dive in without losing her footing and dipped her head under for the refreshing chill. When her head broke the surface and she stood up again, shaking the water from her face, the first image she could see, after blinking the water away, was Akutan. She flashed him a warm smile, most likely reminiscent of her father, and started to wade back to the shore.

"Mother, that feels so much better." She cursed and relished, shaking the rest of the water from her fur. If some water droplets got on Akutan she would at this point reach over and try to lick one off his cheek with a smile.

"How's Sara and the pups?" She asked, grooming herself. She liked to be neat and tidy, keeping her fur well groomed and in place, and liked to feel clean and fresh.  Next would be a meal. Question was whether to hunt for one or grab one from a stockpile. She was deliberately keeping her mind from wandering, checking things off, taking care of herself. She had always nagged her father and her sister for forgoing their own self care. She knew sometimes her dad would go days without a meal and... ugh, months without a good grooming.

"And what have you been up to?" She asked also, wanting to know how he spent his days. What his usual tasks were. Whether something major happened with the clan or pack that she didn't know about.

Offline Sekirei

• I'm only happy...
  • Hero
  • when it Reigns.
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2017, 07:43:21 PM »
"Yeah, well we went to Tortuga and asked them too. We also solidified some ties with them. They're customs were a little strange to me, but perhaps Anika's group had more luck than us." Kyra reported as she led the way to the lake. Akutan waited on shore as she waded out and dove in. When she surfaced, she was looking at him. She smiled a smile that reminded him of Hakan. She was definitely his daughter. "Mother, that feels so much better." she said, wading out again and shaking the water from her fur. Some landed on him, causing him to chuckle a bit. He looked at her with a gaze as close to lovingly as he could manage. Strange how she made him feel as though all his troubles were far away or part of some other life.

"How's Sara and the pups?" she then asked, as she began to groom herself. "They're doing marvelously. Sara's returned to her Halo duties and it seems Aeneas is a bit interested in the work himself. Quite remarkable for a pup who only recently left the den. Beatrice is trailing behind him and Rapture in many things but we're confident that she's just a late bloomer. She'll catch up. All she needs is time." he mused. The pups were getting bigger everyday, it seemed, and it seemed they were making strides. Aeneas already seemed to have found a purpose in life he wanted to pursue. Rapture was more of a typical pup: eating, sleeping, playing...but she was also showing a keen interest in their family history. Bea was just Bea, trying to learn to talk like her siblings and being encouraged by the family when she came up short.

"And what have you been up to?" Kyra asked. "Usual routine. Get up, eat, run a circuit, come home, play with the pups, keeping the peace between them...I've really had to step up since Uncle Byakko went on the mission. Other than the peace and quiet that came with you being gone, nothing worth mentioning happened." Akutan replied with a playful jab at Kyra's expense. He grew thoughtful, thinking about that one conversation he had with Rapture. "You know...Rapture taught me something about my relationship with Byakko. Ever since Dad died, he stepped up to fill in the role by taking me under his wing. I think I can say with confidence that Byakko is as much my father as he is my uncle. I don't think I could ever repay him for that. He took in a damaged pup with a dark personality and raised me as his own, even though I was just barely out of puphood when I lost my parents. It's sad...seeing how old he's become and how he's not going be here forever, as least in the physical sense." he sighed, before bringing his head closer and beginning to groom her chest. Was she always this small compared to him? Of course, she was still bigger than Sara and Akutan himself wasn't overly bulky like his uncle...but still, her size was just perfect.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 07:44:46 PM by Sekirei »
Character Bin

Offline Charley

• Healer
  • Master
  • Wokka wokka O.o
    • DA-foxflightly
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2017, 05:23:43 PM »
"Wow already?" She said in response to Sara's and the pups update. Last she saw them they were so tiny! "I'm sure Dad'll be keeping an eye on Aeneas then. The way he talks about pups you'd think he doesn't play favorites, but he does." She said shaking her head. Lyra had shown interest in healing early on as well, and guess who was daddy's little angel all the time. If she ever had twins she'd be sure to treat them equally, but not punish them for the other's mishap of course. At least her father was good at that when he was present.

She paused her grooming to playfully stick her tongue out at him as he mentioned unfamiliar peace and quiet that came with her absence. Then perked her ears as his tone changed and related how he had started to see Byakko more as a father figure lately. She smiled, after having spent the time away with Byakko, he was very good at being surrogate father. "I can imagine, honestly. It was a comfort to have him along." Probably making her too comfortable in the presence of Alana and the prince. She continued grooming and felt him lean in and help her with her chest. It made her skin flush and happy tingles washed through her nerves making her breathe deeply with pleasure. Food can happen tomorrow honestly.

She lifted herself up a little and suddenly wrapped her paws around his neck and attempted to push him over on his side where they could lay in the grass with a laugh. If he resisted she would try to pull on his ear with her teeth enough and throw her weight in it. In a lull she would blink softly at him with her mismatched eyes.

Offline Sekirei

• I'm only happy...
  • Hero
  • when it Reigns.
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2017, 06:08:41 PM »
"Wow already? I'm sure Dad'll be keeping an eye on Aeneas then. The way he talks about pups you'd think he doesn't play favorites, but he does." Kyra said in response to his young cousins' growth. Akutan didn't deny it. Sara would obviously do her part as a mom to help Aeneas to get started on his road to being a Halo in the future but the training would probably come from someone else. Akutan agreed. Training family made it more likely for overlooking small mistakes that could have bad consequences. Sara would know and expect her son to train under someone else when the time came. She would have it no other way. To his comments about Byakko, Kyra answered thus. "I can imagine, honestly. It was a comfort to have him along." she said.

Akutan felt her wrap her paws around his neck and let her push him onto his side. He sighed as he met her bi-colored gaze. He stretched his entire body to work some tension out of his legs and back before relaxing in the long grass. "He's always been a good soul. I sometimes wonder how he managed to remain so strong after everything that happened to him when he was younger. He was at the top of the world, ready to take over as alpha of Lindras, only for everything to go so wrong. Grandma died, Grandpa was believed to have died, Mom had disappeared from the den...to say nothing of what's happened since her joined this pack. I wonder...I wonder where I went wrong." he mused before setting a paw behind Kyra's head, pulling towards him so he could start licking the fur on it. His doubt was sneaking up on him again. His demons were truly relentless but all the same, he was glad he was fighting with his old demons as opposed to the new demons this fire red beauty had awakened.

Still, that didn't change the fact he wanted Kyra in his future as his life partner. He sold out for her. No other female was probably going to make him feel this way again. Still, he didn't know if she wanted to live life with someone as weak as he was. Oh yes, Akutan knew he was weak. He was just hiding behind the guise of a wolf who was bitter about everything and was standoffish to hide that weakness. He looked at Kyra again and came to an epiphany. He remembered something his mother had told him as a pup...before things went to hell. "Half a heart to make you whole. My strength to purify your weakness." he said, sounding far away. He realized what Starfire had meant by that. Wolves were meant to band together, using their unique strengths to cover for each other's weaknesses. To love someone was to give your heart to them to help them feel whole if they felt incomplete or broken. Akutan found he did feel complete when she was around.

His epiphany made Akutan realize that he honest-to-God loved Kyra. Before he had been unsure about how he did feel but it all made sense now. Suddenly, the fact they broke the rules, put his rank in jeopardy, and more than likely seduced each other that night didn't matter. If anything, it started the process of unlocking the emotions that Akutan believed Loath had stolen from him. A huge weight lifted from him, leaving only the burden of his past behind. The Maelstrom renewed his hope that Kyra would choose him in the end. He had first claim on her body, sure, but now he was after a more coveted prize: her heart. He would gladly trade his if she gave him hers. With another small sigh, Akutan closed his pale greens with a small smile and leaned his forehead against hers. "Kyra...I think you succeeded in stealing something from me." he said before throwing a roguish grin at her.
Character Bin

Offline Charley

• Healer
  • Master
  • Wokka wokka O.o
    • DA-foxflightly
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2017, 01:11:49 AM »
"He's always been a good soul. I sometimes wonder how he managed to remain so strong after everything that happened to him when he was younger. He was at the top of the world, ready to take over as alpha of Lindras, only for everything to go so wrong. Grandma died, Grandpa was believed to have died, Mom had disappeared from the den...to say nothing of what's happened since her joined this pack. I wonder...I wonder where I went wrong. She furrowed her brows at him, not quite understanding what he meant about where he went wrong. She was about to retort that he was being stupid thinking he had done anything wrong in the aftermath of his trauma but he pulled her head in to continue her grooming and she got lost in his scent. She loved the way her own head just fit perfectly in the crook of his neck. No awkward bending, stretching or reaching. If they were sitting, though he was a bit more on the lanky side than she was, he was taller than her. She was full figured, a perfect contrast, and perfect fit.

She felt something in the wind change, or was it his breath? And he briefly pulled away and half whispered "Half a heart to make you whole. My strength to purify your weakness." and she looked up him with a raised brow. Did he get into one of her dad's crazy dream herbs? Then he ducked his head and pressed his forehead into hers.

"Kyra...I think you succeeded in stealing something from me." She pressed back gently, suddenly understanding what he meant now. It was nice to see this mushy tender hearted side of him. He was such a romantic teddy bear! And he was always words.

He was words, she was action, he's cautious, she's audacious. He was the forethought, the gentle commander, the calculated mind. She was the leap of faith, the courageous vanguard, the reckless heart.

Here he was letting her be herself. He teased her about being loud, but not in a way that made her feel bad about it. He would let her walk away from him, let her process before giving him an answer. She was silent, but was gently rubbing her forehead against his, letting him know she heard him and was thinking.

He never tried to control her, not when she didn't want to be tamed. She liked that he filled the space between them with his talk, and didn't push her to explain herself or force her to unpack her feelings on the spot.

"I would be the stupidest girl on the planet to pass you up." She finally mumbled to herself, entwining her limbs into his, pulling him closer, and lifting her nose to whisper in his ear, "-- and you'll never get it back..." Her heart was racing, if she leaped up to run she knew he would race to catch her. She would never find someone else like him.

She knew he would chase her all the way there. Would he then attempt to tame her when they get there? Or would he pause to gather a promise?

She leaped up after giving him a nip and sidestepped quickly in that direction with an enticing mischievous look. If he got up just as quickly she would start to run and glance back to see how close he was following. She would pause if he wanted to talk more though.