Author Topic: may, she will stay [prp haylyn]  (Read 167 times)

Offline Hashmal

• Inaria
  • Initiate
  • Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 6
may, she will stay [prp haylyn]
« on: May 20, 2017, 06:12:01 PM »
Perhaps it had been too early to go out to see his mother, but he was always such a morning bird, he'd apologize a thousand times over if he'd waken her from a peaceful slumber. Though he was a grown adult now, he still had that gentle boyishness about him, a sweet son who yearned for a mother's love. Hashmal wasn't sure about the others, if they had spoken to her at all, or bothered visiting her. Life had been sped up and was just now beginning to slow down for them (though things had a knack for picking back up again). He wished her a life that was stress free. "Mother?" His voice softer than the light rain that pitter pattered steadily.

He'd cock his head about, trying to get a peek inside her den, but ultimately allowing her personal space to not be invaded. He had always been dutifully courteous, she had raised him well. "it's Hashmal." His memories pulling him back to when Cappella had nearly torn their family asunder with her anger. He remembered how she had looked that day, Haylyn, his kind mother, always there to protect her children. Only to be stabbed in the back and pushed away by one, she was destroyed. Utterly heartbroken. The male had no recollection if the two had ever reconciled after that. He hadn't the heart to ask Cappella, she too had already been through enough, all Hashmal could offer now was to be a relief and someone for her to lean on. It was his responsibility, his promise to her and their children.

The lost boy stolen from the warmth of his birth mother by the jaws of a Dragon and her son, came to Inaria's borders so very long ago to be swept up by a woman who smiled sweetly and spoke softly. Once a runty little boy, now he was large, funny how those sort of things happened. He'd still be her boy, no matter what. "I came to visit you, it's very early.. I'm sorry, it's also sorta raining." He glanced about, ears drooping apologetically as he took a few steps back to shake his fur of rested rain droplets, and then to sit back on his haunches.

He hadn't heard of her during the war, or any news of her after it had passed. He hoped that she managed to stay away from it all, there were things one should have never have to witness. War and all the atrocities that came with it were better off unseen.
When I'm older, I'll be silent beside you
I know words won't be enough
And they won't need to know the names or our faces
But they will carry on for us

played by: waka

Offline Haylyn

• Inaria
  • Regular
  • Liked: 94
  • Likes Given: 9
Re: may, she will stay [prp haylyn]
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 02:47:11 AM »

Haylyn felt like a failure of a mother. Wheatley had disappeared completely, and her relationships with Ghost and Weiss were tenuous and strained at best. Cappella seemed to be furious with her -- and that kept Haylyn away even after finding out that her daughter was with child. Hashmal had even been a wavering figure in her life, but in truth, she couldn't blame him. What had she done for him, for any of them, but cause them pain? Her emotions had gone awry after being left by the man she loved -- the father of her children -- to raise them alone, the crown so heavy on her head it felt as though her skull was cracking. Then again, that could have been the stress. In her depression, Inaria has suffered, and eventually Ghost had seized the crown from her incapable hands.

Haylyn hadn't even thought to resist it.

It had been so relieving, more than she had ever believed it would be. It was still a humiliating experience, though, and for a long while she had chosen to hide herself away. During those lonesome days, Haylyn often wondered about her children and their lives. She wondered what they were doing, what emotions that they were experiencing, if they were safe and well-fed. Ghost was a capable man, but she worried for him the same that she worried for Weiss, and for Wheatley and Hashmal and Cappella, her children, her babies, all grown up.

Ever since she had witnessed Kieran's return to Inaria, Haylyn had been restless, thinking constantly of the days she raised their children all by alone. It had been so difficult, especially after believing she would have Kieran there by her side, a shoulder to lean on, someone to love and support. What a joke that was, the Page thought bitterly, her brows dropping low in an expression of anger. She never thought she could despise someone so much as she had despised Ephraim, and yet Haylyn believed Kieran had somehow managed to get on Ephraim's level.

From within her den, Haylyn watched as the world around her began to grow lighter and lighter as dawn broke. A soft drizzle rained down from the grey clouds overhead, calm and serene. She enjoyed times like that - they reminded her of fall and winter, but didn't force her to deal with the biting cold. A bright red hue cut through the dim green, catching the blue woman's attention. As she watched, Haylyn realized it was Hashmal. Her heart skipped a few beats, a mixture of nervousness and joy rushing through her. "Mother? It's Hashmal." he called, and for a moment, Haylyn could do nothing. After being shunned by her fiery daughter, Haylyn felt somewhat scared to come face to face with another one of her children. Was Hashmal angry with her, too?

Swallowing hard, Haylyn forced herself towards the entrance to her den, coming into her son's view. She couldn't allow fear to hold her back, not anymore. If he was angry, she would just have to face it.

"I came to visit you, it's very early.. I'm sorry, it's also sorta raining."

"Hashmal," the woman said, a small smile spreading across her muzzle. Her paws took her out of her den and into the pattering rain towards her son. If he permitted, Haylyn would press against her son chest to chest for a moment, drawing back to lick at his cheek like a worried mother cleaning dirt off her child's face. "Don't apologize, there's no need." A visit from any of her children would never be unwelcome, no matter the time or the conditions. "Are you okay?" Haylyn stepped back, blue eyes searching Hashmal's face with concern clear in their depths. She felt like she had missed so much, and she was drowning in guilt and regret because of it.

show me your true colours in their blinding brightness
show me your true colours like they glow in the night
when you are dreaming. forget about the others
the unbearable lightness of our being

Offline Hashmal

• Inaria
  • Initiate
  • Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: may, she will stay [prp haylyn]
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 03:41:49 PM »
He always worried about her, she was always left to her own devices and he knew too well what happened to minds that were left alone to wander. He shifted slightly straightening in her presence, a young boy no longer, but somehow he retained that baby fat from his puppy days. Cappella would still pick fun at him for it, but it was all jokes and smiles. Something he could live with, she was pretty with a smile on her face, she always looked pretty that way.

He searched her face, looking to see if that warm and gentle smile was hiding pain, betrayal. Hurt. Lowering his head and smiling just as gently as she had, as she kissed and hugged him in greeting.  He snorted out a chuckle, pulling back to look at her again. "You say that, but I dunno, the rain would beg to differ with you." He quipped, shrugging and beaming at her. She didn't look terrible, the same really, but he could hint her hesitance, her worry. "I-I'm fine. I was just here to check on you, to keep you company." He'd take a seat by her side, allowing for her to lean against him if she desired. She hid away from the world for so long, but so had he.

He knew what a shock it was to have someone crash land into your lap unexpectedly, to have people seek you out themselves. Often you'd be on edge thinking it was malicious words they aimed in your direction. It's okay to be scared, and hesitant. He could never hate her for it or blame her, she'd been through so much. Haylyn was the kind of doting mother you heard stories about, the lengths she went for those who weren't even her own blood. "Has anyone come to see you? Ghost? Weiss? Wheatley?" He said their names softly, he hadn't heard much from his siblings even when he was young, but at least he knew of their names.

Hashmal of course didn't wan to just assume, but he had an inkling of what the answer might be, of how surprised she seemed to have a visitor of the familial variety. "How have you been?" He looked to her curiously, his soft voice raising slightly as to not be drown out by the sound of rainfall. "I.. also wanted to tell you. Cappella and I, well?? Uhm, kids?? I'd- We'd like you to meet them, when you're feeling up to it of course." He felt his stomach twist in anxious knots, Cappella and Haylyn had always been territory he didn't dare tread. Their issues were something they needed to work on, Cappella was in the wrong, and he didn't know if she even apologized after all this time. "Two boys, two girls."
When I'm older, I'll be silent beside you
I know words won't be enough
And they won't need to know the names or our faces
But they will carry on for us

played by: waka