Author Topic: Did You Died? [prp Jasel]  (Read 82 times)

Offline Haize

• Gemini
  • Apprentice
  • Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 1
Did You Died? [prp Jasel]
« on: May 11, 2017, 05:55:32 PM »
She’d been skulking around the outer reaches of Gemini since she’d got here. It wasn’t that the place was uncomfortable, or even unwelcoming, aside from, uh, some literal rock-shaped bumps at the very start. It wasn’t that she distrusted Gem—oh no wait actually that was exactly what it was neverMIND. Aside from the strange encounter she’d had immediately upon entry (if STRANGE was what you’d call it—she wouldn’t. There were better, stronger words.), it had been awfully quiet. Despite Eve’s reassurance, she hung back. She licked her wounds. And she watched.

Speaking of wounds, hers effing ITCHED LIKE THE DEVIL. God DAMN that stupid blue effing son OF a BITCH! She stops in her Very Obvious Skulking to give the scab a good scratch, wincing because well, she was bruised like a forgotten piece of fruit. Stupid ROCKS. Stupid WHATEVER HER NAME WAS. Stupid GEMINI? She wasn’t sure yet. Negative opinions were quick to form, but positive took time. For Eve, she was giving it a chance. If only to keep her fellow wolfdog out of trouble. They’d seen enough of that for one weary, bitter life.

(This place has, as well. She just doesn’t know it yet. But she’s keeping a close. eye. out.)

So that was how she stumbled upon where it had Happened. What had happened, exactly? Well, good question. She had no idea. But there was one thing she did know—somebody had died here. She could smell it. “eff,” she exhales on a shaky breath, stopping just outside the sunlit clearing. “Who effing died?” She could see even where she stood rough furrows in the dirt where claws had dragged. Places where bodies had hit. Grass torn. The dull brown of dried blood—now that, that was everywhere. Even if they had tried to cover it up, the smell would still linger. Blood didn’t just GO AWAY.

Maybe rutting deer? she considers, eyes narrowed and fur prickling along her spine. This wasn’t in the packland proper, so it could have been a lot of things—perhaps it was no cause for alarm at all. Still, she couldn’t help the unease creeping up her spine and lingering on her neck like a cold sweat. Something bad had happened here. Something unlike the ever shifting desert—despite its many political upheavals, they had never known what bloodbath really meant.

She stood where the rogues had emerged from a darkening wood and looked upon a tale of destruction from weeks past. She recalls, briefly, a time when a poor sickly boy had been attacked beneath the hot sun for no reason other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

You know, Moony had been a beautiful red boy, too.

We're the underdogs in this world alone
I'm a believer, got a fever running through my bones.
We're the alley cats and they can throw their stones
They can break our hearts, they won't take our souls.

#99CC00
The Observatory | Profile

Offline Jasel

• Gemini
  • Initiate
  • I really effed it up this time, didn't I, my dear
  • Liked: 2
Re: Did You Died? [prp Jasel]
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 11:41:14 PM »
Since his encounter with the poltergeist, Jasel slept in shorter intervals, paranoid of the possibility that his vulnerable consciousness would be subject to further infiltration. Something about that nightmare was so profoundly disturbing that he could not immediately dismiss it as delusion, but as nights passed without incident, he was able to convince himself that it was an abnormality. Yep, just a nightmare, he insisted through the niggling of his superstition. No reason to worry, he said as his common sense kicked at the inside of his skull.

Besides, even if Gemini was poisoned, Jasel had decided that this place would remain only a temporary sanctuary until he was armed with directions towards Tjenu. Despite his determination, Jasel was still intent on acquainting himself with some aspects of his new squatting grounds. He made his way towards the borderline; not ready to depart just yet, as he was still recovering from his brush with death and woefully unprepared to face the wilderness again, but aiming to reevaluate his surroundings.

What Jasel didn't know was that Gemini had an unfortunate history with its borders.

Greeted with the sight of mangled earth and mysterious bloodstains, Jasel froze. The hairs on the back of his neck pricked. Jasel's eyes skimmed the field with a look of disbelief, silent and scrutinizing. His thought processes followed a trajectory eerily reminiscent of Haize's own speculations: prey animals, he at first wondered, squashing that theory as it failed to hold water. He realized that he was not the only one to stumble upon the ravaged grove, and knowing that he could not formulate his own conclusion, he chose to pry her for answers. Maybe Jasel had (incorrectly) inferred something from her demeanor that made him think that she knew something.

"...The eff happened here?" Jasel asked, oblivious to the fact that she was just as lost. "Was there some kind of accident? Do I even want to know?"

I'M USELESS, BUT NOT FOR LONG
THE FUTURE IS COMING ON.

[ #CB410B ] | played by Sunblink.
   » tracker
[6:55:32 PM] a twitchy witchy girl: jasel, climbing through the computer, strangling sunblink: NO

Offline Haize

• Gemini
  • Apprentice
  • Liked: 5
Re: Did You Died? [prp Jasel]
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 03:17:21 PM »
The shiver tingles down her spine to the tip of her tail. It tickles down her ribs and rattles between her toes. Something was off, and it started with the stranger lurking. She turns with teeth bared and looks him straight at his… belly. crap. crap! Her head cranes up and she teeters from flight to FIGHT (she always did). Haize was no stranger to living amongst giants. She’s known your kind before—but. And here’s the kicker. The longer she looks, the more she realizes he’s no threat—at least not in the moment. Feet he’s still growing into. The slow processing of what he’d had to say. He wondered, just as she wondered. Her hackles are up and she hisses softly like steam escaping a pipe.

crap, kid, you startled me.” Who lurked out here beyond the border at the site of something terrible, anyway? Besides her, I mean? She shakes herself violently and gives him the fisheye, his question lingering between her ears and sinking in. “eff, I don’t know. Nothing good. Got the heebie jeebies.” She sure did. She could feel them rattling in her skull and she could feel them crawling under her skin. Felt an awful lot like a thousand little insect legs plucking at all of her hairs. How appropriate.

She scrapes her tongue against the backs of her teeth and turns from him after giving him one last measuring look. She kept him in the peripheral lest her initial impression prove faulty. It wouldn’t be the first time she’d been bitten in the ass for giving someone the benefit of the doubt. People had a way of creeping into your heart just long enough to solidly betray you. She wouldn’t let this one that far, that was for sure. Still, she could use his help. She slowly creeps forward like a cat afraid of what lurks (hint: it’s just a cucumber), lowering her head and sniffing a splotch of old blood.

Hey,” she exhales, knowing the stench was going to stick with her for a while, “You from around here, or what? This is pretty weird, huh?” Get him on your side. Assay the situation. Was it common? Were they facing upheavals? Did war haunt the horizon? Perhaps it was a horrible accident? Or perhaps it simply was two bucks having at it some early dawn, stupid things that they were. She checks for decaying velvet and finds none.

I’m new here, you see,” she adds, casting a glance back. “Name’s Haize. Guess you probably don’t have any ideas, huh?

We're the underdogs in this world alone
I'm a believer, got a fever running through my bones.
We're the alley cats and they can throw their stones
They can break our hearts, they won't take our souls.

#99CC00
The Observatory | Profile