Author Topic: Alight the Meadow [Halo Announcement + Recruitment]  (Read 210 times)

Online Puffin

• Leader
  • Hero
  • Liked: 1122
  • Likes Given: 800
Alight the Meadow [Halo Announcement + Recruitment]
« on: May 08, 2017, 12:29:34 PM »
All Halos report in! Sarajevo may be excused, or she may bring her kids with her to this meeting if she'd like. Recruits and spectators are both welcome.
Deadline: May 26

He hauled himself out of the den and into the brisk morning air, still in awe of how quickly the weather had changed. With barely a twinge in his lungs as he took his first deep breath, he loped easily toward the border, ready for his first loop of the day. He was back in full swing, still feeling the effects of each long run but not enough to fall short of the full loop. And...he had someone specific to thank for that. Something he had discussed with Alana. Something that had been a longtime coming, but was finally happening today.

He finished his run when the sun was well above the horizon, but still making its way toward its zenith. Mid-morning, he'd say. He gathered Kestrel from her den, where she was taking one last inventory of that particular herb cache, and nodded. He couldn't help but grin. "Time for a meeting," he said.

He picked out the lush valley east of Lake Deephaven, in the heart of Nardir territory. Mount Celeste loomed eastward, its snowy peak a bright beacon in the sun. Craning his head back, he howled long and steady, a singular high note of summons to the Halos of Nardir and those who wished to join their ranks. Then he sat in the grass and counted the budding flowers as he waited for the handful he expected to arrive, nodding to each with a smile as they picked their places before him and Kestrel. It was a small group, but they had weathered much in the past year.

"I should say," he began when he had waited long enough, "that Nardir owes you all a debt of gratitude for your part in what transpired this past fall and winter. We would not done half as well without your efforts. The pack is still recovering, or else I would have made a celebration of this, but there is still much to be done, I think. Especially now that I can breathe without that rattle in my lungs!" He laughed without coughing, and it felt like a weight was gone from his chest. "Queen Alana is still searching the Neutrals for our missing packmates, but this was something we had decided before she left."

He turned to look at the wolf he had arrived with. "Kestrel, when sickness spread through Nardir, you took it upon yourself to seek outward for aid and a cure. You met with allies in Inaria and brought back herbs and remedies that helped purge the sickness from this pack. There's no telling how we would have fared without your efforts. In recognition of your service and dedicated perseverance, I hereby promote you to the Zenith rank of Quasar. You are a true asset to this pack, and we are forever thankful that you found your way to our border three years ago." He remembered that day. He'd been there, with Sansa and Saelac. It had been...life changing.

He grinned. "Well, that's all I'm here to do! Take it away, Kestrel! You've got some rank leading to do! And recruitment, or something. I'll just...be over there, spectating." Puffin circled around to the back of the small gathering, grinned one last time at Kestrel, and threw himself down to roll around in the grass. Nothing to see here! Just a dog, on his back, enjoying a springtime field.

He liked being alive.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 09:32:26 AM by Puffin »

Offline kestrel❀

• Nardir
  • Initiate
  • fly away now.
  • Liked: 12
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Alight the Meadow [Halo Announcement + Recruitment]
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 12:34:57 PM »
The morning came just as every morning came. Light creeped its way down through the tunnel of her home and warmed her paws, bringing the senses that had long since been forgotten in the dead of night back to life. As the timber slowly stirred awake, she stretched out her legs as far as they could go, still expecting the familiar warmth of another in her den. When she was met with nothing but an empty space, concern jolted the rest of her awake. The moment of worry passed soon enough, when she finally screwed her head on straight and remembered that Puffin was better now. He wasn't sick anymore. And that meant no house arrest, admittedly to Kestrel's displeasure.

In any case, she figured that if Puffin was well enough to get up and do his chores, she was in good enough shape to do her own.

After a majorly uneventful morning running around and restocking, portioning, and experimenting, she found herself recounting the bundles of dried herbs in her den at the hospital. Echinacea, lemon balm, feverfew... Kestrel hummed a gentle tune while she worked, almost missing the familiar set of paws drumming closer beyond the entrance of her den. Puffin? She smiled, but wondered what he could be fetching her for- an injury, perhaps, and she wouldn't be surprised if it was one belonging to him. She quickly pushed the bundles of plants back into their respectful places before heading out to see what the occasion was, poking her head out with a smile as Puffin slowed to a stop. Instead of an injury or a concerned expression, all she saw was a strong, healthy dog, and he was grinning.

"Time for a meeting."

A little surprised, but pleased it wasn't anything serious, she slipped the rest of the way out of her office to follow the male as he turned toward their destination. Kestrel stuck close to Puffin's side, almost close enough to bump into him any time they turned a new direction. While their trek wasn't long, it was beautiful. The cold season had given way to a much-welcomed spring and brought back the earthy, verdant green of Nardir that loved to linger well into the fall. The flower fields bloomed, and new life sang all around them. The plague had come and gone too, and now everything was alright again. Still mending, but alright.

Before long, they'd both taken their places in the tall valley grasses, and Kestrel sat patiently as Nardir's viceroy called for the remaining two halos, and for any that seemed interested in joining their ranks. It wasn't long before she noticed movement in the distance. One head, and then another, and as they moved in to take their spot, Puffin spoke up.

Kestrel's eyes lingered on Puffin as he talked, nodding in agreement and casting gazes around the small circle during his pauses. "Queen Alana is still searching the Neutrals for our missing packmates, but this was something we had decided before she left. Kestrel." Her ears pricked and her head whipped quickly back to look at him, surprised at the sudden mention of her name.

"When sickness spread through Nardir, you took it upon yourself to seek outward for aid and a cure. You met with allies in Inaria and brought back herbs and remedies that helped purge the sickness from this pack. There's no telling how we would have fared without your efforts. In recognition of your service and dedicated perseverance, I hereby promote you to the Zenith rank of Quasar. You are a true asset to this pack, and we are forever thankful that you found your way to our border three years ago."

If any of the gathered pack members could have seen inside her head, all they'd have seen was a small, spinning loading bar as she processed the actually very clear words that had just been spoken to her. Promotion? Rank Promotion. Quasar, head healer. One life goal, accomplished. Behind her, her tail started wagging wildly(a trait she'd picked up from the dog beside her, no doubt) and all she could think about was how much she wished her mother was here to see this. How proud she would be. A moment of silence passed before the loading bar reached 100% and she stifled an over-enthusiastic shout to settle for calmer, more composed words.

"Thank you, Puffin, so much." She answered as he began to mosey away, giving a gracious nod in his direction. And then, she turned to the small gathering, looking over each and every one of their faces before finding her tongue again. "I just want to begin with how proud I am to be able to work with such dedicated members of this pack. Our numbers are small... meager, even, and yet we do everything in our power to provide the best care and safety for our family, and we succeed." A thankful smile settled upon Kestrel's maw, and she took a deep breath.

"I've had some thoughts stirring over the past few months- ones that I think will surely benefit our cause. Healing is something I've been taught from childhood. My mother taught me, and her mother taught her, and yet I was still forced to find an outside knowledge to help save us all from the Sun Fever. What that taught me is that you're never done learning, no matter how long you've studied or practiced." The word 'forced' may have been a bit much. She was more than willing to go, but with one Halo sick and the other too preoccupied, it truly was a last-ditch effort to help combat the illness. But it had helped. "I've heard through the grapevine that our ally Inaria has a new head healer, and I want to propose a personal visit with him as soon as possible. Sharing techniques, as well as herbs and remedies I believe will prove beneficial to both of our packs, and will further prevent happenings like this from repeating."

She cast her gaze over to Puffin for a split second, to see if his reaction was positive or negative about having to leave the packlands again, but continued on after letting her proposal reach the others. "It would likely expand as we see fit. Gain alliances, meet with their healers, gain knowledge." Simple. "I would also like to bring to attention a new piece of the Halo... ensemble, if you will." The timber pulled herself to her feet and took a moment to shimmy off two shiny pendants hanging from around her neck. On closer inspection, one could tell that they were crystal, but something was off about them. As she dropped them to the ground, she gave a little gasp. "Oh! Where are my manners. I'll get to these in a moment, but first... please introduce yourselves! Especially any new faces."

And with that, the new Quasar gave a sheepish but well-meaning smile and let her eyes wander over the group.
Tell me your secrets, I'll ask you no questions;
braving your mountaintop.
When I'm around you, when I'm allowed to-
taking my chances, I'd make a fortune.
I'll love you, I'll love you- the darkest part of you,
write you the sweetest song.
Drop down from the ledges, hand over defenses-
I'm longing to see you through white picket fences.

If God kept his promise, I'd tiptoe through tulips,
gather your moss again.
Jump over your hedges, stand under your branches.
We're coming up roses. Coming up roses, indeed.

{ profile | #75c66d | nardir }

Offline Sekirei

• I'm only happy...
  • Hero
  • when it Reigns.
    • My DeviantART page
  • Liked: 151
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 02:53:57 PM »
(I'll throw in Sara and Rapture who's along for funsies but will behave.)

Sara heard that a Halo meeting was being called and decided she had sat on her laurels long enough. Her children were old enough where they didn't need her milk as much and could be left with one of her family for longer periods of time. She exited her den to see Rapture sitting outside, just staring at Akutan who was doing his daily meditation. His eyes were closed but his face was showing hardened concentration. Sara had to wonder just what was on his mind that was troubling him so much. Normally, his meditative state was one of calm and his fact dropped its usual scowl. Not recently, though. Sara decided to leave him be and looked at her eldest. "I'm heading off for a meeting, Rapture." she said. That broke her daughter's trance and she turned her mismatched eyes to her mother. "Can I come?" she asked, her tail wagging expectantly.

Sara pondered it for a moment. Rapture was like any pup in that she was full of energy. She wasn't sure she could sit still. Though...she was attentive when she wanted to be and it seemed she was interested. "Okay. You'll have to sit still for the entire thing. I don't know how long it will be and I can't leave in the middle of it to take you home, understand?" Sara asked. Rapture nodded vigorously and the two set off. The young girl was still trying to get her overlarge paws to cooperate but she kept pace, despite a few trips here and there. Sara allowed her mind to drift back to her cousin. She wondered if she should feel a bit concerned that her daughter was showing strong signs of childhood infatuation with Akutan. He was a handsome wolf but at her age, Rapture wouldn't exactly know what that meant. Akutan's mood was sourer than usual, though he seemed to lighten up considerably when interacting with his young cousins. Sara just sighed to herself. Childhood crushes were commonplace, truth be told, and there just happened to be something about Akutan that Rapture, in her innocence, found attractive. The Halo just had to remind herself it was just a crush. Rapture wouldn't find boys in general to be interesting for a while yet.

When the two arrived at the meeting place, Rapture's shyness asserted itself as she ducked behind Sara. At the same time, her attention to detail started up and she began to commit some of the faces there to memory. She noticed the orange, black, and white not-wolf her mother called Puffin. She remembered Aku-Aku telling her how Puff-Puff was a family friend and was something called a dog. Rapture wasn't sure what a dog was but looking at him now made her give him the designation of Not-Wolf. Rapture knew her mom was something called a Halo. After all, she and her siblings were already starting to get an education on the various pack ranks. She figured that if Mom was here, then it was a Halo meeting. Sara sat down and Rapture followed suit, determined to pay attention.

"Queen Alana is still searching the Neutrals for our missing packmates, but this was something we had decided before she left. Kestrel." Puffin began. Rapture watched a brown, female wolf with a white face approached. She tilted her head curiously, her white forehawk catching the slight breeze. "When sickness spread through Nardir, you took it upon yourself to seek outward for aid and a cure. You met with allies in Inaria and brought back herbs and remedies that helped purge the sickness from this pack. There's no telling how we would have fared without your efforts. In recognition of your service and dedicated perseverance, I hereby promote you to the Zenith rank of Quasar. You are a true asset to this pack, and we are forever thankful that you found your way to our border three years ago." Puffin then announced.

Rapture started wracking her brain before she remembered what Aku-Aku told her. The Quasar was the leader of the Halos. Did that mean that Kes-Kes ranked higher than her mom now? Her mixed eyes of blue and gold looked up at Sara, who looked very happy that her friend had made the rank. Rapture had to wonder if her mom ever wanted to be Quasar. She couldn't ask now so she turned her attention back to the meeting."Thank you, Puffin, so much. I just want to begin with how proud I am to be able to work with such dedicated members of this pack. Our numbers are small... meager, even, and yet we do everything in our power to provide the best care and safety for our family, and we succeed." Kestral said with a smile. Sara nodded in agreement. This was what she was born to do.

"I've had some thoughts stirring over the past few months- ones that I think will surely benefit our cause. Healing is something I've been taught from childhood. My mother taught me, and her mother taught her, and yet I was still forced to find an outside knowledge to help save us all from the Sun Fever. What that taught me is that you're never done learning, no matter how long you've studied or practiced. I've heard through the grapevine that our ally Inaria has a new head healer, and I want to propose a personal visit with him as soon as possible. Sharing techniques, as well as herbs and remedies I believe will prove beneficial to both of our packs, and will further prevent happenings like this from repeating." Kestral then explained.

Sara looked down at her paws. Another group leaving? Her father hadn't returned yet from his own mission with the Queen. Sara couldn't afford to go. Not with her pups newly weaned but still needing her in some capacity. She wondered how urgent this trip Kestral wanted to make was and if it could wait until one or both parties already out of the packlands returned. She noticed Rapture looking up at her, almost expectantly but Sara just smiled and brushed her forehawk. Rapture was an interesting creature. She was brown and black with white hair. Add in her eyes and she was truly unique. Sara could foresee her growing into a beautiful she-wolf who turned heads without trying. "It would likely expand as we see fit. Gain alliances, meet with their healers, gain knowledge. I would also like to bring to attention a new piece of the Halo... ensemble, if you will." the Quasar then said, drawing her attention back. Sara could see the crystals but noted something peculiar.

"Oh! Where are my manners. I'll get to these in a moment, but first... please introduce yourselves! Especially any new faces." Kestral then said, sheepishly. Sara just smiled. "For those who don't know me, I'm Sarajevo. I'm the daughter of Adviser Byakko and cousin to Maelstrom Akutan. This little one here..." she paused as she set a paw on Rapture's back. "Is my oldest daughter, Rapture. She wanted to come along." she said. Rapture let her white hair flop in her face as she slowly wagged her tail before leaning against her mother.
Character Bin

If Roman Reigns has millions of fans, I am one of them. If Roman Reigns has only one fan, that is me. If Roman Reigns has no fans, I'm no longer in the world.

Hail the Roman Empire. Hail the Guy. Roman Reigns fan for life.

Offline Aeneas

• Can I deliver in sound
  • Nardir
  • Initiate
  • the weight of the ground
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 02:52:17 PM »
Aeneas felt more than saw his mother exit the den. The loss of warmth was enough to wake him, even as she moved with grace and gentleness. Curiosity made him poke his head out to witness her conversation with Rapture. A meeting? What kind of meeting? He hesitated only a moment before following his mother out of the den. If she said Rapture could go, then he could too! He could definitely sit still for the whole thing. He was good at that. He wanted to know everything, and most of the time that meant sitting still and listening, so he had to be good at those things.

He followed Sarajevo and Rapture out of X Clan's clearing, and into what was new territory for him. He hadn't ventured far, yet; he was careful to stay were his family could see him, like they told him to. Soon the left the forest entirely, and with no canopy of leaves to obscure his view of the sky, it was like the world opened up to him. Nardir's lush meadow sent him into a state of awe, it long grasses bending and twirling in each gentle breeze. Springtime flowers speckled the hillside, bright and beautiful beneath a yawning blue sky. He was entranced, for a moment, until his mother and sister got far enough ahead that he had to run to catch up.

He watched bees crawl onto flower petals and dragonflies alight on blades of grass. He touched noses with a butterfly before it fluttered away on the wind. He stuck his snout deep into a lily and came away with pollen on his nose, sneezing with a smile. But a dozen distractions could not make him stray from his purpose, and he followed his mother and sister diligently through the meadow until they came upon the meeting he had stolen away to witness.

The first speaker was a small wolf named...what was his name? He didn't introduce himself. Oh, but Kestrel did-- he was Puffin! But he had been told that Puffin wasn't a wolf, and instead a dog. Did that just make him a smaller wolf? That seemed right. Aeneas committed every new face to memory, taking a seat next to Rapture and watching with wide eyes. This was a Halo meeting! He wanted to be a Halo when he grew up, just like his mom! This was so exciting. He listened intently as Kestrel announced her intention to travel to Inaria, wherever that was. He watched his mother look down at her paws, and then brush Rapture's mohawk out of her eyes. A question began to form in his mind before something glittering in the sunlight caught his eye, and he quickly turned to watch Kestrel take some interestingly-colored rocks off from where they had been hanging around her neck from a leather cord. Those looked cool!

"For those who don't know me, I'm Sarajevo. I'm the daughter of Adviser Byakko and cousin to Maelstrom Akutan. This little one here...is my oldest daughter, Rapture. She wanted to come along."

Aeneas jumped as attention seemed to suddenly fall on him, and he remembered that he hadn't actually asked if it was okay for him to come. "I'm," he paused, his mind racing in a mild panic as he struggled to remember his own name. "Aeneas!" he said finally in a rushed squeak. Well, that was embarrassing.
there's a history through her,
sent to us as a gift from the future
to show us the proof;
more than that, it's to dare us to move
and to open our eyes
and to learn from the sky
from a cemetery
in the center of queens.

profile . played by puffin

Online Puffin

• Leader
  • Hero
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 04:14:34 PM »
(( Realizing that I did not set a deadline on this. Tentatively setting the deadline for May 26. ))

Offline Charley

• Healer
  • Master
  • Wokka wokka O.o
    • DA-foxflightly
  • Liked: 78
  • Likes Given: 188
Hakan was sitting quietly for once. His plain brown muddy colored fur had shed its winter coat, but the winter frost on his points hadn't faded this time around. He felt more than saw a gentle breeze lift and tease the old feathers on the cord around his neck. It promised rain in the next few days, but today was bright and warm. He opened his mismatched eyes to watch the willow tree branches dance in the same breeze. What a perfect spot. He'll dig his den here, overlooking this willow. A perfect reminder for the Fire he was missing next to him.

His ears pricked and swiveled before he registered the call completely. It was quite close and called for Halo's and potentials. Finally, he thought, though with no ill will. Since he was rather close he easily loped to the area where he recognized Puffin from Sara's birthing, a bright faced female he didn't recognize but assumed was Kestral, and of course bright white Sara herself. He smiled warmly, though half heartedly to each and noticed little Aeneas and Rapture. Beatrice was probably at the dens. His grin broadened and his sad smile finally reached his eyes at the sight of the pups. They always grew too quickly for him to catch up with them. He sat a step beside them, the pups between him and Sarajevo. He looked up to her to see if his closeness was okay before settling in properly to listen to the meeting. He sighed inwardly, Lyra, his daughter, should have been here too, Rio as well. He had apprenticed Rio himself. The Prince Alexander, Jase, so many he had raised and watched and trained. And yet... not here.

"I should say..." and finally Puffin began and tore Hakan's thoughts of the past back to the present. He followed the conversation and thumped his tail in congratulations to Kestral's promotion. He watched as the new Quasar took the lead and truly began the meeting. She was doing better than he had in the past. Keeping the attention of a big gathering was never one of his strong suits.

When it came to introductions he waited with another grin on his face for Sara to introduce herself and Rapture and then Aeneas introduced himself. He remembered when Sara and his own pups were that little.

"I'm Hakan." He said, and thought he might just leave it at that, though there were quite a few nardirians who wouldn't know his credentials. "I'm uh... Kyra's father, and... I'm an old healer from Nardir... from before the Exile." Surely any of the new packmates would know about the exile. He didn't need to get into his old rank, it wasn't important now.

Offline Alue

• Kink-Shaming Brigade
  • Hero
  • he/him/his
    • My status
  • Liked: 657
  • Likes Given: 1245
   With the switching of seasons it always made Alue feel out of it. He felt tired for an entire week and then the next he felt as if he couldn’t sleep even if he were dead. It also made him moods go down in the dumps. It was the constant dissociation and feeling of utter hopelessness. But he had taken to gathering rocks and organizing them when he wasn’t sorting out his herbs. The issue with being a halo is that it wasn’t a constant job he could do; people came to him if they needed to, and that was it. He checked in on Phillip from time to time, sure, but it wasn’t the same as being a border guard or reporter. He was dragged out of his mind when he heard the call for halos, which he was, amazingly enough. Alue was quick to arrive at the meeting place, looking at Puffin speaking.

He listened silently as Puffin spoke, but then gave a short, loud, boof when he announced Kestrel becoming the leader of the halos. She had worked so hard, Alue knew, and completely deserved it. She had also helped keep Alue in line and active when he forgot the days were going by. He couldn’t think of anyone better to take the lead. Sara was there with two pups, and Alue hadn’t even known the she-wolf had given birth. He had been so out of it, he wouldn’t have even noticed if he himself had given birth. Alue leaned awkwardly away from the pups, not sure on how he would even handle them. They seemed so fragile, like he could just step on them and hurt them. Luckily they seemed to listen to their mother, and stayed in their spots. There was also Hakan, but he was older and didn’t drain Alue by his presence, so the dog mix payed little attention to him.

"I've heard through the grapevine that our ally Inaria has a new head healer, and I want to propose a personal visit with him as soon as possible. Sharing techniques, as well as herbs and remedies I believe will prove beneficial to both of our packs, and will further prevent happenings like this from repeating." Alue had just returned to Nardir from the second group that had gone out to the neutrals, so he did feel some uneasiness in his belly at the idea of leaving again so soon (if Kestrel would even want him to go). Then it was time for introductions, and Alue waited silently until it was his turn to speak. “You know me, boo.” He’d wink at Kestrel in a fake flirtatious way. They were friends, so weird friend-flirting was in store. “I’m Alue, though, for who don’t know me.” He actually didn’t really know the other healers around him, but he knew Sara by name.

ooc: jk alue's here

☽O☾
profile ☆ #00CCFF ☆ character bin

Offline kestrel❀

• Nardir
  • Initiate
  • fly away now.
  • Liked: 12
  • Likes Given: 5
One by one, faces both familiar and new gathered to attend the meeting, and blue eyes travelled patiently to each and every one as they said their piece. And even though he was the last to approach the group, her attention turned to the all too familiar face of the grey and white wolfdog to the far left. Alue was a sight for sore-eyes, because between her friend being sick, Kestrel having to leave for Inaria, and then Alue leaving on a mission upon her arrival home, she’d hardly seen his face since he’d first been found ill. Her tail picked up speed, excitement overcoming her and bubbling out as she scrambled over to greet him with a (hopefully) gentle headbutt against the wolfdog’s shoulder.

“It’s so good to see you, Alue! You don’t know how worried I’ve been since I got back!” Kestrel gave her friend a meaningful smile, relief spreading through every inch of her tense nerves. “I’m glad you’re here. We need to catch up on… everything.”

Next, she let her gaze drop to the white female that had first arrived, and when she dipped her head at the idea of having to leave the pack, Kestrel inwardly chided herself for not being as clear as possible before. She would have to work on that for next time… like she’d said before. Still learning. Overall, the original idea was met with a slight tensity, and the female decided to clear the air once they’d chimed in. Sarajevo was first to raise her voice, and Kes gave her a soft nod.

“Sara, I’m so happy to see you out and about again,” she answered, a soft and almost relieved smile pulling back the corners of her mouth. “We’ve missed your presence at the Hospital.” Her attention then turned to the two children that had trailed after their mother, and for a lingering moment her chest tightened with an emotion she couldn’t even put her finger on. Excitement, maybe? Longing? The small timber lowered herself down closer to their eye-level and her tail swayed behind her, instinctively trying to seem less threatening. (As if she was threatening in the first place.) “It’s wonderful to meet you two! Rapture, Aeneas,” she giggled, watching the bumbling boy try to gather his thoughts. “What do you two want to be when you grow up? Do you want to learn how to be a Halo, like your mama?”

They would need more of them soon enough, she was sure.

Hakan was an unfamiliar face to her entirely, and his explanation wasn’t as much help as she would have hoped. Not that it mattered much- after all, she was relatively new to Nardir in that sense, only having joined when the pack was rebuilt in the neutrals. She knew nothing of any exile, but to be honest, she didn’t need to. Not right now. “Hakan...” she began, mulling the name over in her head for a moment and attaching it to his face. “Ah! You’re Hakan!” A wide grin took over her face and she trotted over to the older male. “You’re the one Puffin told me about; you helped with Sara’s children, correct?” The Quasar took a polite seat in front of him. “Thank you for that, truly. Now, I don’t want to force your hand, but if you’re interested, I would be happy to have you join our team. As you can see, we’re pretty low on manpower here.”

“Now!” Kestrel exclaimed, twirling around and heading back to the crystals she’d dropped to the ground. “I have one of these for each of you: Sarajevo, Alue. These are crystals that I’ve found in the caves to the north, cleaned, and managed to hollow out. I mean… halos are tasked with always being ready to help those that are injured or sick, but sometimes we’re nowhere near our caches, you know? These can hold poultices or emergency medicines and herbs.” The Quasar picked one of the crystals up by its string and carefully slipped it over Alue’s head before turning and offering to do the same for Sarajevo. “Useful… and pretty,” she admitted.

Once more, blue eyes turned to Hakan and she smiled. “I’d be more than willing to find you a crystal of your own, Hakan, if you plan to join us.”
Tell me your secrets, I'll ask you no questions;
braving your mountaintop.
When I'm around you, when I'm allowed to-
taking my chances, I'd make a fortune.
I'll love you, I'll love you- the darkest part of you,
write you the sweetest song.
Drop down from the ledges, hand over defenses-
I'm longing to see you through white picket fences.

If God kept his promise, I'd tiptoe through tulips,
gather your moss again.
Jump over your hedges, stand under your branches.
We're coming up roses. Coming up roses, indeed.

{ profile | #75c66d | nardir }

Online Puffin

• Leader
  • Hero
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2017, 09:33:17 AM »
(( No posting order. Puffin's just in the background rolling around in the grass. Hakan, welcome to the Halos! ))
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 09:47:35 AM by Puffin »

Offline Sekirei

• I'm only happy...
  • Hero
  • when it Reigns.
    • My DeviantART page
  • Liked: 151
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2017, 01:21:54 PM »
Sara smiled when she noticed her son had followed her and Rapture. She gently tapped his back with her tail while Rapture leaned against him in her usual sisterly way. Despite being the oldest, biggest, and strongest of the three, Rapture was always looking out for her siblings. The Halo then smiled at Kestrel who said her presence was missed. "It's good to be back. I'm going to ease back into my routine since these two and their sister still need me." Sara said. Moms knew best, after all. Sara could leave her father or cousin in charge of her pups but they were only starting on solid food so they still needed her. It wouldn't be long though before she could go back full time.

“It’s wonderful to meet you two! Rapture, Aeneas. What do you two want to be when you grow up? Do you want to learn how to be a Halo, like your mama?” Kestrel then asked the pups. "I'm not sure yet." was all Rapture replied. She did find her momma's work interesting but she didn't know if she herself could commit to the work. She was equally intrigued by Aku-Aku's job. But as Grampa always said, there was plenty of time to decide. Now, if Aeneas wanted to do what Momma did, that was fine and dandy. Rapture would rather have a rank neither of her siblings had.

Sara smiled as Hakan was offered a place among the Halos. This would be a boon because he brought not only another set of paws, but years of experience she and her fellows could use. She didn't think he'd refuse. After all, he was here at the meeting. Then Kestrel got to the crystals. “Now! I have one of these for each of you: Sarajevo, Alue. These are crystals that I’ve found in the caves to the north, cleaned, and managed to hollow out. I mean… halos are tasked with always being ready to help those that are injured or sick, but sometimes we’re nowhere near our caches, you know? These can hold poultices or emergency medicines and herbs. Useful… and pretty,” she said, slipping on over the two's heads. Sara looked at the crystal hanging from her neck. It was beautiful. She wondered how best to utilize it. If Warin were still around, Sara could store emergency herbs to keep his condition from going haywire. Warin...Blackstripe's son and the one Sara had intended to take on as personal patient. He had wandered away some time ago and it was safe to say that he was no longer in the packlands. His scent had completely disappeared. She could only hope he was safe somewhere and keeping up with his medicine regimen.

She looked at her pups and chuckled when she saw that Rapture was looking at her crystal, starstruck and her tail wagging furiously. "So pretty." her eldest sighed. Sara smiled before rubbing her head. The sunlight caught the crystal, throwing a faint rainbow of color against her snow white fur. She couldn't wait to show the rest of her family and ask her father if Lindras had any sort of crystal lore to teach her and Akutan. Perhaps there was something in their ancestral legends about crystals that could help Sara in her work as well.
Character Bin

If Roman Reigns has millions of fans, I am one of them. If Roman Reigns has only one fan, that is me. If Roman Reigns has no fans, I'm no longer in the world.

Hail the Roman Empire. Hail the Guy. Roman Reigns fan for life.