Author Topic: Wildflowers Galore (Orion)  (Read 223 times)

Offline Juniper Tree

• Initiate
  • Spritely Little Fox
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 1
Wildflowers Galore (Orion)
« on: April 27, 2017, 08:19:20 AM »
[[OOC: Sorry its a little short!]]

Flowers everywhere! Oh they were so pretty, beautiful colors all around. Shades of pink and yellow, orange and red. A thick, padded bed of green leaves and stems supporting the earthy rainbow. The tiny white fox bounced, barely taller than the flowers. As quiet and reserved as she was around others, when she was alone and could frolic as she pleased, she loved to move, to feel free and proud. She crouched, her but wiggling in the air, bushy tail tipped in periwinkle flicking back and forth above the vegetation. The smell was nearly intoxicatingly sweet. She dropped to her stomach and rolled, nearly purring in excitement as the wildflowers created a soft bed under her. She rolled back and stood, shaking pollen off her snowy pelt.

A butterfly lifted off bright red petals and the blue eyes locked on.

"Target sighted!" she announced loudly, her big ears folded back as she watched it. With one more wiggle, she leapt into the air, pouncing on the orange-winged insect. She giggled and bounded off, not bothering to check if the little thing lifted back off the ground. She danced, her paws pounding (if you could call it that) a beat into the dirt as she waded through the wildflowers. She began to hum a tune to the beat, losing herself in the motion.

And then a scent interrupted her movements. Honeysuckle! She nearly vibrated with excitement and pounced toward the bright yellow flower. She snapped the head of one of the flowers off its stem and ran her tongue over it, licking up the sweet nectar. A shiver travelled down her, making her fluffy fur stand up for a second. Yum!

She bounced off again, closing her eyes and simply following the smells that reached her nose.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 10:48:25 AM by Juniper Tree »

Played by Nicki

Offline Orion.

• Initiate
  • stargazer
  • Liked: 7
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Wildflowers Galore (Orion)
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 11:57:19 AM »
ooc: No worries! It's really not that short anyways. c: Thank you for starting!

Orion continued his travels through the neutral lands, following the river so that he would have a steady supply of prey. His difficulties hunting on the first day of being there had taught him better than to try to follow the scent of any smaller prey. Larger prey, at this point, he had almost figured out how to track amongst the scents of the other inhabitants, but only almost.

As he came across a wide field of flowers, he thought about how soon enough, he would need to start visiting the packs and prides of the area. The neutrals were safe, but one could only learn so much by taking the safe route; and he wanted to learn. He'd been so set in his own ways before that he had hardly learned anything at all. He knew how to take care of himself, and he knew how to fight like the hounds of hell were upon him--but he didn't know anything of healing or of the cultures of different species. These were just a few of the things he didn't know; he was not an unintelligent man, but he'd been a very foolhardy youth.

With a soft sigh, Orion turned and made his way into the field, plopping himself down in the center. He crossed his paws as he debated his next course of action--maybe he could find someone in the neutrals who would be willing to tell him about the packs, or at least which ones would be open to him visiting. He didn't have much to offer in return, not unless the packs were looking for advice on battling, swimming, or fishing. Perhaps he could do some form of manual labor for them?

Orion was pulled from his sights by a small creature bursting through the flowers in front of him, nearly landing atop him. He blinked in surprise, then laughed. "Well, hello there." He chuckled, friendly. He didn't move from his comfortable spot among the flowers, head tilting curiously at the little fox. "Enjoying the flowers, huh?"

[played by lexi.][.profile.]

Offline Juniper Tree

• Initiate
  • Spritely Little Fox
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 04:10:21 PM »
"Well, hello there."

The tiny fox froze mid leap and collapsed to her belly on the ground. She counted to five and then let her eyes slowly slide open. Oh dear... All she could see were enormous grey paws attached to legs like tree trunks. She followed the legs up to where the lightened up, jumping up the deep ride stripes as though they were a ladder. Thick black hair formed between them, she followed it as though brushing backwards with her eyes. Just a little more, her neck stretching and her head nearly straight up. Wow, that was a huge face.

A different kind of shudder went down her spine; a healthy fear of something five times her size. Her tail trembled and she puffed out her chest in a pathetic attempt to make herself look bigger. A second later she realized how silly she probably looked, like a fluffy white cottonball, fur sticking out in every direction. She took a deep gulp, let her fur settled, and nodded. "Hello..."

"Enjoying the flowers, huh?"

She couldn't help herself, a small smile tugged at her pointed muzzle. "Y-yes. They are so beautiful..." She peered at him, curiosity weighing against nervousness. She'd never seen any animal this big, not up close. She tilted her head and sat, mirroring his pose. Her big, fluffy ears swiveled toward him, making her quite the sight, with shoulders and head barely showing above the bed of flower heads. She cleared her throat, adjusted her front paws a little, and brushing aside a small pebble. "I'm Juniper Tree, but, umm, you can call me Juni..." she mumbled shyly. Glancing around, she spotted a little purple flower not unlike the color of her ears; she stretched her neck out and snapped the stem halfway down. She turned back to him, the flower in her mouth, and grinned bashfully.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 10:48:06 AM by Juniper Tree »

Played by Nicki

Offline Orion.

• Initiate
  • stargazer
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 08:45:43 PM »
Orion watched and waited patiently as the small fox took him in. He understood that he was a lot to handle, especially for smaller predators; predators that sometimes served as prey to larger ones like him. Orion, however, didn't like the way the meat of other predators tasted, so he didn't partake in that particular evolutionary instinct. He flicked an ear as a bee landed on it, the ear twitching in the aftermath as if the tiny legs of the bee were still tickling it. He kept his blue eyes on the little white fox in front of him, the upturn of his lips showing his amusement at her display. She sure could puff up, he would give her that--she looked nearly twice her size.

He inclined his head by way of greeting again, eyes shining with mirth though he didn't let himself laugh. She quickly settled her fur back down, and he nodded in agreement at her statement.

"Y-yes. They are so beautiful..."

He smiled reassuringly at the fox. "They are. You aren't so bad yourself, little fox." He purred, complimenting her in hopes that he could dispel her fears of him at least a bit. He gave her a more broad smile when she finally introduced herself.

"I'm Juniper Tree, but, umm, you can call me Juni..."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Juni. I'm Orion." He hummed contently and lay his head back down upon his paws, the sunlight soaking into his pelt making him sluggish and tired. "You don't need to worry about me, I'm not in the business of hurting anyone unless they hurt me first." He eyed her curiously as she retrieved the flower, picking his head back up and tilting it to the side. He looked from the flower, to her ears, and then back again. "I'm noticing some similarities here..." He trailed off with a grin, looking around until he spotted a red poppy nearly the same color as his stripes.

He reached out with a massive paw and plucked it, bringing it back up to show her.

Offline Juniper Tree

• Initiate
  • Spritely Little Fox
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 10:04:52 PM »
Juni watched him carefully, eyes narrowed slightly as he showed clear signs of amusement at her reaction. Her face felt hot with embarrassment. She didn't think he meant any harm by it, but still, it wasn't exactly like her reaction was unprecedented. She was bite sized to a big guy like him. "Pff, it wasn't that funny," she mumbled to herself.

She peered admiringly at the teeth he revealed when he smiled. That fang was nearly the size of her leg! "They are. You aren't so bad yourself, little fox." She felt his deep purr rumble under her feet. Her mouth formed a little "o" in surprise, and she blushed a little at the compliment. Well that certainly made up for her damaged pride. His smile grew and she was entranced by his fangs again. She just couldn't believe that there could be teeth that big! It was funny, she felt small beside the lion, but seeing his teeth made her feel so much small.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Juni. I'm Orion." She watched him lower his great head, noticing how even laying down, more of him showed above the flowers than when she stood. Her mouth twitched in an involuntary smile. His whole mane shook with the simple motion of his head, and her eyes were locked on it as it settled back into place. "The pleasure is all mine, Orion." She wanted a closer look at his mane, but he was still a huge predator. Dare she?

"You don't need to worry about me, I'm not in the business of hurting anyone unless they hurt me first." As though he read her mind. Upon retrieving the flower, he drew the same connection she had. "I'm noticing some similarities here..." She smiled just a little bit. Where she needed her entire muzzle to support the flower, he lifted the comparatively small poppy in one giant paw. She squeaked in surprise and dropped her flower. "It's very pretty," she giggled. "I'm sorry, this is very forward of me, but may I look at your mane? It's amazing, you have more hair in your mane alone than I have fur on my entire body." With a start, she realized what she said and clammed up, her ears drooping as her face heated up again.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 10:47:20 AM by Juniper Tree »

Played by Nicki

Offline Orion.

• Initiate
  • stargazer
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 12:33:37 AM »
While Orion did notice her staring, it seemed to be the appraising kind of stare now, instead of the apprehensive one she'd been giving him before. Good--that meant he had done well in looking non-threatening for once. He tried to parse out where exactly she was looking; his mouth, perhaps? He couldn't quite manage it without actively asking her, though, so he let the topic pass.

He blinked in surprise, however, when she inquired about his mane. Without really thinking about it he reached a paw up and tugged at the thick fur, white claws slipping out to scratch at an imaginary itch. He hummed thoughtfully. "My mane, huh?" He asked, a little smirk turning the corners of his lips up--is that what she'd been staring at before? He couldn't help but let out a soft little chuckle at her second comment, shaking his head fondly at the little fox. Already he was starting to like her, and he'd only known her for the last ten minutes.

"I can appreciate forward. Beating around the bush isn't my style either," He shook his shoulders and neck, letting his mane whip to and fro so that it stood properly to attention. "Go right ahead. It's not all that much to look at; just solid black, goes along my back and stomach. I had a brother who had a bunch of stripes in his, though." He made a thoughtful noise, closing his eyes and remembering the lion in question; his mane had been thinner, and where Orion's was black, his brother's had been a light color with even lighter stripes. Orion had always envied him when hot summer days had driven him to the confines of his den but his brother could be out playing and training.

That was neither here nor there, though; he'd left the pride long after his brother had disappeared. He'd probably left to find his own glory too, for all Orion knew. He shook his head of the thoughts as the breeze rattled through the plain, blowing flower petals up around them and making his nose twitch with the up-tick of pollen in the air. "You can touch it, if you want. Just don't get lost in there." He said teasingly, eyes twinkling mischievously as he glanced down at the little fox.

Offline Juniper Tree

• Initiate
  • Spritely Little Fox
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2017, 10:44:55 AM »
[[sorry this took so long, I started it twice and lost it both times >_<]]

"My mane, huh?" She nodded shyly, trying to peer at it without being too obvious, although his giant paw distracted her. Even proportionately, he was so much larger than her. She lifted her own tiny, dainty paw and looked at it for a second. One huge lion 'finger' was bigger than her whole paw. She watched him scratch his head and mirror his motion, pushing her paw from behind her ear to her nose. Her huge ear folded flat against her face before popping back up. She giggled a little, suddenly realizing that she had him beat in the ear category. Her ears were nearly as big as his, and proportionately hers were enormous. She tiled her head, trying to picture her ears on his head. The resulting image made her break into a fit of giggles.

The fit passed as his deep voice continued. "I can appreciate forward. Beating around the bush isn't my style either." She flushed a little. Neither was her style. She was usually far more reserved, but it wasn't out of shyness; she just preferred to quietly observe. But she didn't like beating around the bush, either. Her tiny blue eyes met his and she was a little startled to realize the similarities. His pupil was a little narrower, and the whole shape of the eye was a little bit rounder, but the color was so similar and the shapes were closer than she would have ever imagined. "Go right ahead. It's not all that much to look at; just solid black, goes along my back and stomach. I had a brother who had a bunch of stripes in his, though."

She leapt up and bounced over to him. At this point, she was fairly certain he was no threat to her. She tilted her head, peering over it in awe. How any one creature could carry that much extra weight on their head was beyond her. He must be so strong! "I think you're mane is beautiful, Orion. It's simple, but with a color like this, you don't need anything more. It would look... too flashy." She gave him a little smile as the petals around them lifted like paint splashed across the blue canvas sky. "You can touch it, if you want. Just don't get lost in there." She wrinkled her nose and stuck out her tongue at him playfully. But she wasn't going to turn down his offer. She moved a little closer and lifted her paw again, this time letting her paw pads brush lightly over the hair. It tickled a little and she gave a small giggle. It was thicker than she imagined it would be, considering it looked like it was made from soft silken threads. She was very impressed, and it showed clear as day on her face.

Played by Nicki

Offline Orion.

• Initiate
  • stargazer
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2017, 05:29:12 PM »
ooc: it's totally fine!! I know how frustrating that can be lmao

"I think you're mane is beautiful, Orion. It's simple, but with a color like this, you don't need anything more. It would look... too flashy."

He laughed softly and nodded. "I suppose you're right. My brother always was one for theatrics." He rolled cool blue eyes at the memory. He'd loved to show off, brag of his accomplishments, embellish the truth. Orion couldn't rightfully blame him, though; he'd always been their father's favorite, and it hadn't been fair to any of the rest of them. He could see things from the outside, now that he'd undoubtedly lost his father's favor. He wondered who had taken his place as the heir, and what his family though had happened to him. He'd only told his mother his intentions, and she was a secretive lioness on a good day, ever more when it was a secret to keep from Orion's father. She delighted in keeping things from him. Some days, Orion was sure she hated him.

"Thank you for the compliment, though, Juniper." He said politely, remembering his manners. His mother was many things, but she had not raised him to be rude. "It's usually much more trouble than it's worth, honestly. It takes me ages to groom it into something manageable." It was a catch twenty-two; the mane kept him warm and insulated in the winter, but during the summer it was scorchingly hot. In the summer, all he wanted was to take a dip in the nearest cool water, but the energy he would have to spend drying all his fur afterwords would make the entire endeavor moot.

He chuckled as she stuck her tongue out at him, content with the fact that she seemed much more at ease around him now. He twitched a bit when her tiny paw reached out and brushed his fur softly, about to tell her that he wouldn't break if she touched him a bit harder than a tickle, but when he glanced down she had a look of complete awe on her face, and he couldn't help but let out a booming laugh at it. "I take it you've never seen a lion before? You're looking at me like I've sprouted wings and am about to fly away." And wasn't that a picture in and of itself; a hulking beast like Orion, gliding around on feathered wings just twice as large. He snorted at the thought of it, whiskers twitching as the temperature seemed to ratchet up a notch. He would likely need to move to the shade, soon; his pelt was already warm from the sunlight shining down on them, but with the temperature going up, he would soon start to get hot.

Orion spared his new companion a glance, and wondered if she had the same problem as him. Her coat seemed thick as well, proportionate to her small body, but did she had to worry about overheating in the sun with her pristine white coat? Her ears got hot, surely--they were large upon her head, though it worked for her, but they were purple where most of the rest of her was white. "Does the sun bother you at all? He asked after watching her for a moment, figuring he wouldn't get an answer to his question if he never verbalized it.

Offline Juniper Tree

• Initiate
  • Spritely Little Fox
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2017, 08:39:50 PM »

She continued to brush her small paw through his soft mane. "I supposed you're right. My brother always was one for theatrics." She glanced at him, noting the look in his eyes. He was gone for a moment, so she paused in her motions and just watched him quietly. Distant memories of a pale grey and green fox, her father, and a beautiful blue and white fox, her mother, danced in her memory. The images were clear, although not entirely accurate. She hadn't seen her parents since she was very young; her memories were only semi-complete, so she filled in the missing details with what she imagined. She closed her eyes for a moment and pictured her mother's face. That was the only thing she knew was real. She could remember her mother's face hovering over her when she was just a kit.

"Thank you for the compliment, though, Juniper." His voice drew her back to the present. She smiled up at him, her eyes sparkling. "It's usually much more trouble than it's worth, honestly. It takes me ages to groom it into something manageable." She chuckled softly, her tail flicking back and forth, brushing along the flowers. "I can only imagine the trouble it must be... " She picked up the motion of petting his mane again, feeling the warm hair slide between her paw pads. "I take it you've never seen a lion before? You're looking at me like I've sprouted wings and am about to fly away." She jumped a little, flushing as she caught herself glancing to his back. Of course he was joking, she knew that, but she wouldn't have been terribly surprised if he could do that. Although the image created in her mind was definitely humorous.

She sat in the flowers beside him, folding her tail around herself. "No, I've never seen anything larger than a timber wolf, and only from afar," she said, glancing down. She wasn't socialized at all, never been around anything but birds and occasionally another fox. He was... so very different than anything she'd ever seen. She folded her legs under her and lowered herself to her belly, resting her head gently on Orion's leg. Her eyes lifted, peering straight up to gauge his reaction. He was warm and so soft! She sighed a little, her whole body relaxing into the flower bed.

"Does the sun bother you at all?" Her ear twitched a little. The sun? She thought for a second. "Sometimes, but only in the hottest months of the year. It doesn't look like it, but my coat thins a little when its hot. Not enough to keep me really cool, but there are certain benefits to my coloring." She chuckled, feeling the heat in his coat soaking in through her chin. She suddenly realized how uncomfortable the sun must be for him. She glanced around and saw some trees in the distance. "Would it be better if we moved over there? There must be some shade under those trees."

Played by Nicki

Offline Orion.

• Initiate
  • stargazer
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2017, 10:28:19 PM »
"No, I've never seen anything larger than a timber wolf, and only from afar,"

He hummed thoughtfully at the admission, peering down at her curiously. He was, of course, aware that there were different types of wolves, but he'd only encountered the one kind, and they'd only ever called them wolves. He wondered what the difference was between them. "Timber? What's the difference between a timber wolf and a regular wolf?" He asked, shifting slightly to widen his stance so that more of the cool air could ghost across his body. He let out a soft, content hum as her small head rested on his leg. He could hardly feel it, as light as she was, but it was a nice gesture. They had progressed from distrust to casual affection incredibly quickly, and he was proud of it.

"Sometimes, but only in the hottest months of the year. It doesn't look like it, but my coat thins a little when its hot. Not enough to keep me really cool, but there are certain benefits to my coloring."

Thin? Orion made an inquisitive sound; having only been around other lions in a fairly regulated temperature--hot--he hadn't seen anyone's coat thin out for the summer months or thicken up for the winter months. He'd barely even really seen the other lions shed. "How does it thin? I wish mine did that, it sounds much better than having to sit in the shade or on a riverbank during the hottest parts of the day. I lose so much time to it, but it just-- makes me so... sleepy." He sighed wistfully, laying his head down. Orion liked to stay productive, to always be doing or working on something, learning or training or hunting, and back in his old pride, he just hadn't been able to. By midday the air itself felt like it was simmering, the waves of it drifting off the savanna and distorting distance scenery.

"Would it be better if we moved over there? There must be some shade under those trees."

"Maybe," He conceded, lifting his head once more to look at the trees she spoke of. The shade of them did look very promising, and the soft rustle of the leaves as the wind blew through them was as inviting as it could be. "If you prefer it over here, though, we don't have to move on my account. I'll be fine for at least another little while." Probably about an hour or so, just long enough for the sun to reach it's peak, but at that point he would definitely need to seek out the shade of the forest.

Offline Juniper Tree

• Initiate
  • Spritely Little Fox
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2017, 10:17:09 PM »
His thoughtful hum resonated through his leg, down her chin into her chest, a deep sound unlike any she could make. She tried to mimic him and it came out high pitched, almost squeaky. The little fox cleared her throat and tried again, but she just couldn't make a sound like that. Oh well, it was so much more interesting when it came from him anyway. "Timber? What's the difference between a timber wolf and a regular wolf?" Now that was a good question. This time when she hmmmed thoughtfully, she didn't even notice the pitch.

"They are the smallest wolves, I think, some only about twice my size. I've heard stories of wolves much larger, though not nearly your size," she added with a giggle as he shifted below her. As the discussion shifted to the heat, she began to feel more aware of the sun rising above them. "How does it thin? I wish mine did that, it sounds much better than having to sit in the shade or on a riverbank during the hottest parts of the day. I lose so much time to it, but it just--makes me so... sleepy." As his head lowered, his mane drifted across her face, tickling her nose. She gave a tiny sneeze and giggled before answering.

"As the seasons warm, fur falls out of my coat." She gave a little groan in complaint as she pulled herself up and shook. White fur fell from her coat like a dusting of snow. "It's no cure-all for the heat, but it helps." She turned her head toward him. "Your fur is shorter than mine... I think it would show if you started shedding profusely every spring!" she added with a grin.

She watched him lift his head again and look the direction of the tree she pointed at. "Maybe. If you prefer it over here, though, we don't have to move on my account. I'll be fine for at least another little while." She tilted her head at him and flicked her tail a little. "I don't mind moving. The more comfortable you are, the better company you will likely be," she said with a wink. "Come on, let's get you in the shade." She hopped a little as she waited for him to get up, and if he did, she would bounce off in the direction of the tree, assuming he would follow behind her.

Played by Nicki

Offline Orion.

• Initiate
  • stargazer
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 08:30:03 PM »
"Is that so? Do any of your wolves get as big as me, you think? That would be quite a sight." He wondered, trying to picture it--coming across a wolf the same size as him. He couldn't see it in his head. He'd rarely met many lions as large as him, let alone a canine of any sort. He was curious about what the locals deemed hellhounds, though. He knew, objectively, what "hell" was, given what he'd heard on his travels, but their descriptions of the hounds varied largely from wolf to wolf. Some described them as terrifying beast with horns and too many teeth, some described them as regular wolves with too much fur or tails too long for their bodies or tongues forked like a serpent's. He'd yet to run into anything that fit any of those descriptions himself.

"Running around naked would probably save me quite a bit of grief, actually." He laughed, trying to picture it in his head. His skin was every bit as dark as his fur, so while the breeze would be nice, in the long run he didn't think it would do him all that much good. His head would certainly feel a bit lighter without his mane weighing him down though. He was due for a trim before the entire thing got unruly and unmanageable. "I can't imagine that the locals would like finding huge globs of my fur everywhere, though. Maybe some birds could use it to line their nests and keep their eggs warm, or something."

He very much doubted that any sort of bird would want to get near anything that looked like him, but it was a thought. He smiled softly as she got to her feet so they could move to the shade--how friendly of her. He stretched out first, his paws extending out in front of him, white claws digging into the ground as his rump rose into the air, the joints in his spine popping as he did so with a great yawn. Once he'd stretched as much as his body would allow, he straightened into an upright position, all four paws once again underneath him and all his teeth once again concealed. Well, mostly. "Are you saying I'm bad company as it is, little fox?" He teased gently, following her along as she led him up to the tree. As he walked into the shade he immediately felt better, the cool breeze now a precious few degrees cooler, causing him to close his eyes and sigh contently as he sat underneath the branches of the large oak.

"Do you live nearby, Juniper?" He asked curiously, his eyes not opening as he continued to enjoy the soft breeze.

Offline Juniper Tree

• Initiate
  • Spritely Little Fox
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2017, 09:24:26 AM »
Juni hummed thoughtfully. "As big as you? I doubt it, Orion. But then again, I never knew anything got as big as you!" She giggled, bumping her head against his leg affectionately. It was amazing how quickly the shy little fox had opened up to her polar opposite companion; despite his size, and what could easily be described as absolutely predatory coloring, there was something about him that just seemed so trustworthy. Gazing at his face, she saw in his eyes the laughter already bubbling up before he even spoke again. "Running around naked would probably save me quite a bit of grief, actually." Her blue eyes grew wide in surprise before she burst out laughing as well, her soprano voice mixing with his deep bass, as the image formed in her mind's eye. "I can't image that the locals would like finding huge globs of my fur everywhere, though. Maybe some birds could use it to line their nests and keep their eggs warm, or something."

"Yes, and it's a good thing birds imprint on their mothers by sight rather than smell. Otherwise, you'd have your own army of baby birds following you around everywhere!" The image sent her into another fit of giggles. "Although you never know when it might be useful to have your own attack birds on call!" She watched him slowly get up, stretching out his joints. Oh! There were those teeth again. She watched them until he closed his mouth again, then drew her attention back to the eyes that matched hers in color.

"Are you saying I'm bad company as it is, little fox?" She gasped dramatically and put a paw in front of her mouth. "No! Good sir lion, I'm not sure you could be bad company if you tried!" She grinned at him, baring teeth so tiny compared to his as to be inconsequential. Berries! her brain suddenly shouted at her. And as if on cue, the scent of blueberries danced by. She bounced in front of him and held up a paw.
"Oh! Wait right here!" She slipped off, disappearing into the bushes. A moment later, she reappeared with a leaf dangling from her mouth, filled with as many blueberries as it would carry without spilling everywhere. She gestured for him to follow and bounded to the tree, laying the leaf down carefully.

She waited as he adjusted himself, the relief from the heat clear on his face. A grin crossed her own muzzle and she lay beside his front paw, picking up a berry to toss in her mouth. "Do you live nearby, Juniper?" She finished chewing, an expression of pure pleasure painted on her delicate face. "I live everywhere, Orion. I've never been one to settle into a place for long. But the den I've been staying in the past few nights is just over that way, beyond that tree," she added, pointing at a tree much larger than the others that dotted the landscape here. With a sigh, she popped another berry in her mouth. "Would you like some?" she offered upon chewing and swallowing the bite.

Played by Nicki