Author Topic: wait for it [prp traveler]  (Read 121 times)

Offline Orion.

• Initiate
  • stargazer
  • Liked: 7
  • Likes Given: 11
wait for it [prp traveler]
« on: April 26, 2017, 04:38:15 PM »
Orion had spent the day lazing around in the forest. It had the scents of many different comers and goers, but all of them he came across were stale; old. It was clear the land was unclaimed. So he'd found himself a patch of sunlight filtering down through the canopy and had plopped himself down into it with a grateful sigh. His paws ached from his travels; he'd crossed a great distance and it had left him exhausted.

By the time dusk came around and the sunlight that had dappled his fur had disappeared, Orion had worked up quite the appetite. With a stretch and a gigantic yawn, he set out in search of prey, moving silently on swift paws.

The forest seemed to quiet the more the sun sank, and try as he might, Orion could not find any prey. There were too many scents overlapping one another; when he thought he had a trail to follow, it ended up crossing another and he'd lose it. He was just starting to lose hope when he heard the tell-tale signs of a river. He perked up immediately, heading that direction without a second thought. Where there was water, there were fish.

He waded into the water of the river until it came up to his chest, and then he waited with his muzzle just above the water's surface. Once a silvery fish tried to shoot passed him he shot out and latched onto it, carrying the wriggling trout to the silty shore. He dispatched it with a swift crunch, left it on the shore, and then went back to catch another; a large feline such as himself wouldn't get a fully belly on just a single fish.

He was on his way back with his third catch when he heard the sounds of someone approaching. He dropped it with the others and licked his lips, scanning the surrounding trees with suspicion; if he'd had difficult finding food, surely the other inhabitants had as well. "Hello," He called cautiously, eyes glinting in the low-light. He glanced down at his catch, then back to the river; he was hungry, but it held an abundance of fish--his catch was nothing to fight over. "Are you hungry?"

[played by lexi.][.profile.]

Offline Traveler [rp]

• life's a beach,
  • Initiate
  • and i'm just playing in the sand
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: wait for it [prp traveler]
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 07:21:14 PM »
[t r a v e l e r]
ooc; potty mouth bab.
-------------------------

So he figured he was... uh... patrolling? Yeah, he'd say he was patrolling, keeping that motley crew of silly little witches safe from all the real dangers out in the real world. That sounded good on paper, sounded real gentlemanly and guardian-like. After all, the yearling had dubbed himself a self-appointed guard since it seemed they were all too busy picking flowers and singing kumbaya or whatever. Of course, he knew he was certainly no true guard in any capacity, but they didn't know that. Well, they probably did, at least some of the, certainly Lorelai, though he wouldn't delve into the thought that she was probably just humoring him in the same way he humored her witchery. Maybe that was a good thing, as much as he wanted to be the big tough man guard, he wasn't particularly suited for the role and would be horrified to actually fight someone.

Traveler knew he could, if it was the absolute last option, though he wasn't sure he'd win. Luckily for the puffed up little coward, thus far in their traveling, he'd been able to posture and stand tall and look the part and nobody wanted to push it further. So the boy had decided that he would continue to gamble with that, and see how long it took someone to see through it and attack him. Oh he was not ready for that day, not even near ready for that day; a lump came up in his throat as he thought about it. A chill ran down his back and he decided to just start walking again, no, no, patrolling. Though the reality was he was tired of listening to their mumbo-jumbo for a bit and decided to get some air away from their air. Not that that was a real thing, separate airs.

The goofy boy shrugged and continued on, the sun had set, and fires were lit at Witch University camp, but he wasn't afraid of the dark. Or again, at least that's what he told himself. The forest was quiet, almost too quiet, and the silence lead his mind to play with him. At least until the wind began to pick up, he could feel it whipping through his pelt, rustling through the trees and knocking leaves off at him. He stopped slowly, there was a great creaking and fussing going on overhead in the canopy. Vibrant honey orange eyes were closed, nose lifted to the air, ears perked. The wind felt good, just enough of a chill to keep on frosty, on alert, this is what he was supposed to be doing right? Being on alert? The hoot of an owl startled him slightly, but he regained himself and listed to other small sounds in the eerie woods. Until the sound of splashing and running water came to his attention, something was in the river, or had fallen into it one. For a moment he felt his stomach twist, but decided it was his sworn duty to investigate so he marched forward like the good little toy solider he was so desperately trying to be.

It wasn't long before he came upon a rather large creature soaking in the cold water, fishing it appeared by the sad trout all flopping about for air on shore. Though it seemed he wasn't the only one with good hearing, and the feline recognized his arrival. There was something cautious in the greeting that made Traveler want to tuck tail and run back to camp, having no interest in his game anymore. But he couldn't, what if this was a real threat to his family? After all, his family was Lorelai and her silly kind, as much as he thought their work was pointless, he'd happily let them continue it, in peace. Or as much peace as a jabbermouth like himself would allow them to have. So the ruddy red and brown boy decided to move in, posturing slightly as he approached, with cautious eyes glowing from the trees. Pulled on that fake smile he was so good at-- especially in the dark--, and ambled up to Orion with all the confidence of a Chihuahua meeting a Great Dane. Though Traveler certainly wasn't small, Orion had roughly only a foot in height on the boy, his prowess would be the massive amount of weight.

Fake it until you make it was the motto to follow as the male finally spoke and the young boy chuckled back. "Hell man I'm always hungry," a brilliant boy with an awful potty mouth. "It's mighty kind of'ya to offer food'n'crap, but you seem to want it more than me I figure." After all, that was a lot of fish for someone who just wanted a snack, and Traveler was well fed, at least, as much as a growing boy the size of a small horse could be. If he wasn't careful he might get a bit of a pot belly, but that was neither here nor there. Instead he just stared at Orion from a slight distance on the bank, "Wasn't never worth a eff at fishing, dunno how you do it."
#5C1310
.profile.
.played by eclipse.

Offline Orion.

• Initiate
  • stargazer
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 09:25:42 PM »
Orion watched the wolf as he slunk from his place among the trees, his blue eyes assessing the threat level of the newcomer immediately. Though the wolf was putting on a brave front, Orion did not think him much of a threat; his posture was defensive more than it was offensive, and he didn't seem to want a conflict anymore than Orion himself did.

"Hell man I'm always hungry,"
"It's mighty kind of'ya to offer food'n'crap, but you seem to want it more than me I figure."

Orion snorted, nodding in agreement. "I feel half starved. Hunting in this place has been hard for me; there aren't nearly as many creatures back where I'm from." He dropped a paw down upon one of the fish as it tried to slip by him, white claws dropping down to grip onto the slippery, scaley creature. He leaned down to dispatch it efficiently, then retracted his claws and sat down, posture inviting. "You're still welcome to have some, if you'd like."

"Wasn't never worth a eff at fishing, dunno how you do it."

He let out a booming laugh at this statement, tossing his head back as his shoulders shook with it. "It may have something to do with my being a cat." He suggested, still chuckling. "In all seriousness though, it's not that difficult. You just need to have patience, let the fish come to you." He looked down at the three fish he'd caught; enough to tide him over, surely, if not enough to fill him up.

He gave the wolf a charming smile, jerking his head toward the river behind him. "My name is Orion, and I can show you if you'd like." Orion was far from the typical teacher, not unless it came to fighting or battle, but fishing--he could fish. It was a skill his mother had taught him when their pride had been forced to leave their lands behind to follow the herds. When they'd started to have troubles with the other predators stealing their prey, they had taken to the waters for their sustenance. 'As long as there is water, there will be prey.' She'd told him, and he'd still yet to find an instance where she was proven wrong. But where there is prey, he thought, there will always be predators competing for it.

Offline Traveler [rp]

• life's a beach,
  • Initiate
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 10:07:15 PM »
[t r a v e l e r]
ooc; i feel like traveler's use of swear words makes him my spirit animal. i also feel that he may be in for a rude awakening if once he's in nardir. I also feel it's necessary to put like a language warning on his posts? like idk. I know people that don't like it typically turn the filter on.

He felt the blue eyes on him hard now as he appeared from the brush, suddenly feeling extremely self-conscious though he worked hard to hide it from slipping out. The big cat seemed disinterested in him, though Traveler guessed if he was that big he might not be as afraid of others either. A thought did tickle the back of his mind somewhere that maybe he was just putting up an act too, but the boy was too cautious to follow it to a conclusion in the world outside his mind. Instead he seemed to move past it quickly, snorting and nodding when the statement was made that he certainly looked as if he needed the food more than Traveler did. The boy grinned a big toothy grin, warm honey orange eyes glinting softly at the creature that he didn't actually know what was. Perhaps that had added to his confusion, he knew the basics, this was a big cat of some kind, larger than the serval he'd seen sometime in the not-so-distant-when-you're-only-one-years-old past. For that reason alone he remained curious while the stranger stuck a heavily clawed paw down to catch a trout thinking it might live to see another day. "Shifty effer eh?" Eyes still on the fish that had been knocked back to it's place in the pile of midnight snacking. "No thanks though, I think I'm plenty fat for the time bein'."

But the beast was sitting now, and it was far more inviting than the previous; snatching fish up in a deity-like manner from the river in the dark. What could possibly be shady about a dark lion in a dark forest? So the boy remained somewhat on edge, even after his comment about the fishing brought an up-ROAR-ing laugh. Cat, he said cat. But that didn't fill in the blank in Traveler's mind, this was a different sort of cat than the previous one he'd seen, and was abundantly curious about what sort he actually was. "I'ken see that, though I ain't never seen one that looks quite like you." A casual push towards the unanswered question. Though the conversation was moving already, the stranger was giving him knowledge, and the greedy little sponge soaked it up. "So you literally just been standin' in that cool ass water waitin' for each of them fish to come up to you all statue-like? Seriously? Hell." The boy shook his head and looked down at the water, he didn't even see any fish! The fringe dire looked back up at Orion and perked a brow in his direction, that seemed like an awful lot of effort for a few little fish.

Though if it's the only option...

Eventually the stranger parted with his name and Traveler grinned in a devious manner, "Traveler is the endearment I'm saddled with," named by hisself, so in theory he's really not all that saddled. "But you can call me "Asshole" or whatever, as long as you're'a lookin' at me so I know it's me ya want." A naughty, child-like snicker escaped him and he grinned from ear to ear at Orion for a moment. The offer to learn to fish still lingering in the air like the smell of the fresh fish themselves. The young male sucked his teeth for a moment, judging the water, curious of it's temperature. Part of him considered that he was supposed to be patrolling, but he wasn't really doing a good job anyway soo... Consciously he fought to turn his head back towards home as an afterthought while they ran through his mind, he fought well. Or almost well, one ear flicked in that direction, so he decided to flick it a couple of more times to feign that something was irritating. "Ain't got nothin' else to do," he started and stuck a paw into the water, making a face, not quite at cool as he thought it would be, but certainly not a nice summer swim. "eff me up with some knowledge Orion. Let's see if my ass can fish."
#5C1310
.profile.
.played by eclipse.

Offline Orion.

• Initiate
  • stargazer
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 11:52:02 PM »
ooc: I swear like a sailor so don't worry about it lol. Traveler is great tho,
 I love him.

"Shifty effer eh?"
"No thanks though, I think I'm plenty fat for the time bein'."

Orion rolled his shoulders in a shrug of acceptance. He wasn't going to force the wolf to eat if he wasn't hungry; that would've been counterproductive at best. He noticed that the man still seemed not-quite comfortable with him, but he didn't comment on it; this was a treatment he was very much used to these days. It wasn't necessarily uncalled for, either, given his history. He was a changed lion now, though, or at least he was trying to be. He found himself slipping back into his old mindset now and then and had to work to calm himself down, body immediately rushing with adrenaline and endorphins that came with battle. Luckily now was not one such time.

"You don't look that fat to me," He said, glancing down at his own body, "I mean, between the two of us..." Orion was under no illusions to how large he was. He was heavyset, and not all of it could be blamed on muscle--compared to other lions of his height range, he still seemed to outweigh them. Usually he would put that down to what was no doubt pounds of fur that covered him, but the truth of it was that he was a very well-fed cat.

"I'ken see that, though I ain't never seen one that looks quite like you."

Orion snorted in amusement. "You know, you're not the first one to say that to me. I'm starting to worry that I might be the only lion wandering around on these side of the mountains." He glanced in the direction of the mountains he spoke of--they were the same direction that Traveler was desperately trying to keep him from noticing, but it was purely coincidental. The trees were too tall to really see the specific mountain range he spoke of, but if he looked down-river he could nearly see the gray-blue end of it.

"So you literally just been standin' in that cool ass water waitin' for each of them fish to come up to you all statue-like? Seriously? Hell."

"Are you kidding? You see all this fur, right? That water is a gift," He laughed, shaking a few droplets from his mane now that he'd become aware of just how heavy it was again. The fur along his back was pressed straight along his spine; he didn't look forward to the grooming he would need to do after this venture. "I could burn up under all this in the shade. But really--fish are lazy food. You don't have to chase them. They just come to you." He told him this with a duck of his head and a glance around as if to make sure no one else was listening, like he was parting with a great secret. It was a good lesson to learn; he'd seen the splashing and flailing attempts of wolves trying to fish before, and it had, honestly, hurt his heart a little. He got secondhand embarrassment just thinking about it.

"Traveler is the endearment I'm saddled with," "But you can call me "Asshole" or whatever, as long as you're'a lookin' at me so I know it's me ya want."

Orion laughed again, shaking his head in a way that would've been considered fond if they'd known each other longer. He'd met a few friendly wolves in his time as a wanderer, but none quite like this one. He was... quirky. Snarky. Orion could tell he was uncomfortable, but he was doing his best not to project it, and that was what really spoke to his character. Orion hoped that by the time their fishing lesson was done, the wolf would trust him; or, at least, be more comfortable around him. Since they were both traveling through the no-man's-land, he had a feeling he might not see the wolf again when they parted ways, but, still. The chance was always there.

"Ain't got nothin' else to do," "eff me up with some knowledge Orion. Let's see if my ass can fish."

"If we find out your ass can catch fish, I'll eat a mouthful of river muck." Orion teased, turning from Traveler and his small pile of trout and wading back out into the water, stopping a bit short of where he'd been before, mindful that the wolf would need to keep his paws on the river bottom. He gestured the wolf forward with a paw, stepping back a few steps to make sure they were on equal footing. "Alright, step one: get a good footing. You don't want to go after a fish and then slip into deeper water and get swept off by the current. Lakes are easier, but, well; we work with what we've got, and we've got a river." He turned his eyes from the water to the wolf next to him, narrowing them a bit.

"Don't get swept away by the current." He warned seriously. Orion himself was a wonderful swimmer, and loved the water, but battling to get out of a fast-moving current while carrying a wolf that was only just a foot shy of his own height did not sound like a pleasant end to his day. He would do it if he had to, of course, but he would be none too happy about it afterward. He wouldn't be mad at Traveler, not really--he couldn't really fault the wolf if he wasn't a good swimmer as their kind had little use for such skills. He just tended to run grumpier when physically tired. "Maybe I should stand down river of you, just in case," He suggested with a thoughtful frown. "Unless you're a good swimmer, which, for all I know, you could be."

Offline Traveler [rp]

• life's a beach,
  • Initiate
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 07:13:15 PM »
[t r a v e l e r]
ooc; sorry sorry. all this bs w/ my wisdom teeth is getting to me.

The stranger seemed slightly relieved that Traveler had no interest in his meal, and the reality was the boy could have eaten, he just didn't think it wise. And it seemed to have been a good decision, Orion was obviously hungry and only offering out of kindness. When the lion commented on size the boy laughed, "Between the two of us ya I guess... Though that might be genetics more than good eatin'. First time in my life I met someone that made me look like the short stick." A haughty grin towards the massive male before him, it was the truth, since the unfortunate incident with his family, Traveler had yet to meet another wolf who rivaled him in height and have never seen a cat this big. So when the word 'lion' came out he nodded and submitted to be recalled later on, more thankful there was now a word for what this stranger was. Somehow that was comforting, knowing that this wasn't a nightmarish beast out to kill him, he'd heard the word lion before, just never had an image to place it to. He'd offer Orion a lopsided grin, "Well per'hps that's just cause you're'a wondering around at night and half us wovles are lazy effers this time of the evenin' and ain't paid ya no mind. Cause I ain't been 'round long 'nough to have a good knowledge of the critters in and about."

He'd sit for a moment to lazily scratch behind his ear, half because he felt jittery and wanted to fidget, and half because it helped him look comfortable. "After all, all I seen of cats before you was two fellers that was called "servals" they said." A would reach out and measure out their small height in front of his body with a humorous grin. But he moved past that line of thought and looked at the outrageous expression in Orion's eyes as the male exclaimed about being hot under all that fur. Traveler just watched at the larger creature shook his head and shot water in all directions, mane now having a bit more body-- Traveler just studied the look. "So what sorta place you come from then? The effing arctic? Did'ja learn to fish in the arctic?" He lost his composure for a moment as he thought of the lion cutting a hole in a sheet of ice like a laser in a spy movie to pull frozen fish out. The Fringe Dire choked on his laughter momentarily and looked at Orion with a gregarious grin, similar to the super secret head motion to defer a super secret secret he'd been offered. "Easy food," the boy giant snorted as if to say 'heh, suuuuuure buddy'.

The black and red lion grinned and shook his head at Traveler's comment about what to call him and he couldn't help but shake his head back. Slowly he moved into the water, he'd been thankful it hadn't been too cold, but it was quite enjoyable, not on a chilly night. When his new companion called out about eating river muck, the boy's honey orange eyes jumped around until he found a particularly nasty clump of lord-knows-what in the water. "Hey man, that one there that looks all effy," he'd motion with a paw and lose his steady for a moment, stumbling in the water as Orion gave step one. A sheepish grin pulled across his face, "Lemme help with your curriculum man, for future reference, give step one before I'm in the water. Cause y'know, I don't wanna drown." The words seemed harsh but the expression on the boy's face was clearly one of nothing but playful, words simply banter. "But hell, lets skip level easy and go straight to danger," in reference to the lion's comment on them being in a river instead of a lake. Though the serious expression seemed to break Traveler's facade momentarily.

He recovered quickly and feigned a fearless grin, but felt a sigh of relief coming up when Orion offered to stand downriver. "Yeah I don't do water man. Not unless there's a damn good lookin' lady, it's hotter'n hellfire, or if I'm super rank and--" he'd almost said 'the bosslady told me to' but he remember he wasn't letting this stranger know about the little witches tucked away in the forest, "y'know, I felt like being kind to the cute little woodland creatures cause my B.O. is effed up man." Traveler would motion for Orion to move out just a bit, "I'm pretty steady, I guess we'll find out if it's me or the fishes here that are smarter." A wink at the lion as he dug his feet into the more steady river bed, leaning one leg against the rock for extra support before looking back at the male, "Step two please?"
#5C1310
.profile.
.played by eclipse.

Offline Orion.

• Initiate
  • stargazer
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 08:14:56 PM »
ooc: don't sweat it friend!

Orion huffed out a laugh at Traveler's comments about his size. Well--there was a reason his father had picked him for the throne, he supposed. Besides looking the most like him, of course. Orion's father was a vain creature at best. Blue eyes appraised the wolf next to him more closely, his mind working to think if he'd met any near Traveler's size on his journey, or back in his pridelands. He couldn't think of any, but then, for a good portion of his life, the only time he'd run into wolves was when he was... well, running them off. Thinking back to those times now, he felt terribly cliche. Cats and dogs, fighting like cats and dogs, when clearly there was no need--current situation a prime example.

Orion gave a thoughtful hum as Traveler gave some possible insight into why he hadn't run into anyone. He gave a shrug of large, grey-black shoulders in response. "Night is the best time to travel for me. It's cool, I'm difficult to see, and I can cover a lot of ground with half the world asleep." He wasn't always a nocturnal creature, but when he was, it was because... well, it was hot during the day. Having a black pelt had it's disadvantages.

A single furry brow raised in amusement as the wolf measured out the size of a serval for him. He's seen the tiny cats before, they sometimes came into the savanna from the jungle to hunt mice and fowl in the tall grasses. He couldn't remember ever having a conversation with one of them, though. They weren't on the menu for him but they weren't an entirely welcome presence either, given that food had become scarce after a while. He laughed loudly, a booming, deep sound that came straight from his chest at the thought of his home being in the tundra. "Far from it!" He laughed, one black paw coming to wipe at the moisture forming at the corners of his eyes. "I think you locals call it 'the Fringe.' My pride's particular hunting grounds were a massive grassland, the sun hot enough to cook an unattended ostrich egg." He'd seen the results, in fact. They'd come across the nest on a hunt, with none of the birds to be seen, and when they'd cracked the eggs open, the insides were rubbery and solid. They hadn't tasted right, either. He rolled his eyes at Traveler's jibe at fishing, and shook his head humorously, ushering him into the lukewarm waters.

His neck stretched to get a look at what Traveler saw on the riverbed, and he made a face. "Like a turtle had whelps with a porcupine," He agreed with a nod, backing up a step in case there was, indeed, something alive in the mess of muddy river muck. He gave him a look as he stumbled, sure that he was doing it deliberately, teasing Orion for being cautious. He only wanted the guy to not die, okay, it wasn't a horribly difficult request!

Orion narrowed his eyes at the wolf as he took his stance downriver. "You can swim though, right? At least a little?" Enough to not die, was the unspoken comment tacked at the end of his sentence. His nose wrinkled at the thought of wolf-stink, taking a deep breath to see if he'd perhaps somehow not noticed it. Nope--Traveler just smelled like a wolf, and like other wolves, and--herbs? Flowers? What kind of weird pack was this guy from, Orion wondered. And, after a brief period of thought, how could he get in on the action? He knew next to nothing about flowers and herbs, just the basics of "don't eat this or you'll die, painfully" from his mother.

"Step two, He announced in lieu of pursuing the line of questioning he really wanted to ask, "Is to get your face as close to the water as possible, without actually putting your nose in it," He demonstrated himself, nose hovering only an inch above the water's rippling surface. "Mouth open. You've gotta be ready to just snap your jaws forward and into the fish when it passes." He explained, ocean blue eyes now focused on the muggy river water. "Step three is to just actually catch the fish. You've gotta stay as still as possible and just wait for 'em. Don't jump if they brush up against your legs," He warned with a grin, feeling a tail brush against his underbelly as a fish scurried away from him.

He continued his demonstration, no longer talking, almost stone-still in the waters except for the slight sway they gave to the longer fur of his black mane. As a fish swam towards him, he waited, watching the pattern, and once it was headed his direction with only about an inch left, he shot out to catch it. His entire head disappeared underwater for several seconds before he resurfaced with a great splash, a fish just barely caught in his jaws by it's tail. "Shee?" He slurred around the wriggling creature in his jaws. "You jush gotta wai f'r it."

Offline Traveler [rp]

• life's a beach,
  • Initiate
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 04:58:24 PM »
[t r a v e l e r]
ooc; i've been trying to think of orion's nickname since traveler never calls anyone he likes by their real name... The options were Big Guy and Fluffy, but Traveler settled on Fisherman (or Fisherman Man), he likes descriptive nicknames, like his!

➸

Orion laughed at the comment, obviously he was large, especially if Traveler thought he was because well, Traveler was large too. Honey orange eyes flickered to the blue eyed giant, somewhat more at ease now than he had been previously. And when the boy imparted wisdom to Orion in the form of a musing, the lion seemed to be in consideration of it's validity. A shrug was given and a short reply to which Traveler chuckled like a silly child, "'Cept for when you run into loud effs like me yeah?" He probably should be asleep, but he was more nocturnal that most of the wolves in this world were. When the male let out a holler of a laugh, Traveler took a slight step back, startled, clearly. As calm as the truce of two giants was becoming, the boy was no fool, perhaps if he had battle prowess and a little more weight he could hold up to Orion at least temporarily... But he didn't, Traveler was the white knight that was terrified of knighting, posturing aside, that much was clear.

The fluffy giant then told about the grasslands back home and the boy perked his eyebrow, "So are you completely cooked on the inside?" Stick a fork in him, he's done! The red and brown boy wuffed several childish giggles before settling back, successfully missing the information he'd been given. But he moved past it, "Otherwise, ya I know the Fringe. Ya see, I'm called a "Fringe Dire" my ancestors or some crap came over from the Fringe to here. Big fancy story, lots of hoo haa, main thing is that I get big from it." And the Fury, which he had no idea if he possessed; feared he did... The Fringe would study his appearance in the water for a moment, making a humorous face at his reflection. "Though my ass is big for a Fringe as is..." Not too much larger though, he reasoned to himself politely.

After getting in the water and selecting the river muck the big guy was gonna eat, "Let me poke that crap with a stick first though dude!" Traveler hoped to God that it jumped when he prodded it. The boy grinned playfully at Orion as the lion positioned himself in the water, "Sure," an answer that was certainly going to instill confidence in Orion, "I mean, I been in the water before and ain't died yet." Big proud grin of a little boy at the dark lion, "Unless you think one of these fish has it out for me?" He'd cautiously lift one paw to make the throat slicing movement with a squelchy noise before steadying back in the water. Listening to the instructions he leaned down, at first he thought he was a fair distance away, but the water splashed up and stung in his nostrils and he sneezed and shook his face violently. "eff!" He growled for a moment before trying again, "Hey man my mouth is always open, no worries there!"

As the large cat pulled one up out of the water, Traveler was shuttering as one slipped past his paws, "crap is SLIMY man," he tried to whisper. A few came and went and the boy was relatively unsuccessful in his endeavor, his closest hit was grabbing a fin that slipped from his teeth. "I ain't so sure I'm too suited to this, Fisherman." 

#5C1310
.profile.
.played by eclipse.