Author Topic: the room where it happens [visiting]  (Read 197 times)

Online Orion.

• Initiate
  • stargazer
  • Liked: 9
  • Likes Given: 18
the room where it happens [visiting]
« on: April 26, 2017, 01:31:08 PM »
Orion walked at a leisurely pace, enjoying the warm spring breeze as it swept through his fur. He'd been traveling since the early hours of dawn the previous day, echoes from his past making the desire to sleep nonexistent. He vividly remembered the fight that had caused his whole world to crumble; it was what had woken him up in the early hours of dawn and driven him from the comfortable den he'd found. 

With a heavy sigh, he tried to push the thoughts from his mind, focusing instead on his surroundings. The forest he walked through rippled in the breeze, birds chirping cheerfully as they flit to and fro. He sat back on his haunches for a moment, closing his eyes and listening to the activity around him. Up ahead there was a break in the trees, and he wanted to investigate it, but he needed to gather his thoughts first.

Orion sat peacefully for long enough that the birds began to venture close around him, no longer seeing him as a threat. They flew away from him quickly in a flurry of feathers when he set out on his way again. He paused at the threshold of the wide meadow, appreciating the beauty of the rolling grasses and clear sky. His nose twitched as a scent came to him, then; the smell of wolves. Orion smiled; he rather liked wolves, or at least he did now that he'd stopped having to fight them for territory and prey.

Still, he knew better than to come into another's land uninvited; besides, though he had no ill-intentions, that was not necessarily true for the pack that inhabited this land. He knew first-hand how dangerous a strong pack of wolves was when they were defending something they believed was theirs. So instead of continuing on into the meadow like he yearned to, he sat down, posture loose and relaxed, waiting for someone to pass by.

[played by lexi.][.profile.]

Offline Rieal [RL things so mostly lurking, RPing when able]

• Quoth The Raven...
  • Hero
  • Nevermore!
    • Warriors Prelude
  • Liked: 163
  • Likes Given: 467
Re: the room where it happens [visiting]
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 01:53:59 PM »
Talullah

Today was an interesting day. She didn't usually walk along the borders since that was more for border patrols and the like but Buckshot had said to look for signs of prey entering or leaving the pack and since prey would have to cross the borders to enter and to leave..the border was where she was at to check on that. She hadn't done too much around the border when a strange scent reached her. It didn't smell like prey which meant the owner was likely more in the purveyance of the patrols, which one would probably be by soon, but there was always the possibility to learn about prey from an outsider so she went ahead and started heading in the direction of the strange scent figuring a patrol would get there first and she could sit in and listen and see if there was anything to learn about prey. When she arrived though there didn't seem to be any border guards present which she wasn't expecting and wasn't quite sure what to do about. On top of that though was the fact that she had no idea what the thing sitting there even was. It looked kind of like a bear but..not quite. That made things even more complicated. She was curious about what he was but there weren't any border guards, but..while she could see him he could also see her so..what to do. She couldn't exactly just..walk away..that would be rude and being rude at the borders probably wasn't a good thing to do but..her only experience with borders was in defending them from aggressive, mean things which..didn't seem to be the case here.

Well..she supposed that meant talking to it..and hoping that someone who knew what to do with borders showed up soon. "Hi..I'm Tallulah". And she had no idea what else to say but it seemed like she should say more..that was how conversations worked right? But all she could think of was.."What are you?". Which probably sounded rude even though it wasn't intended to be she just..wanted to know and with no idea what else to say..that was it.
might disappear

~The raven strikes at midnight~

*Servicemen don't make MISTAKES, they make DECISIONS.*

±Credit cards aren't money..just wishful thinking±

If you want to understand me go Here and Here and also Here
My Charries

I survived the Snowflake
Christmas Name Change 2010

Online Orion.

• Initiate
  • stargazer
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 02:42:57 PM »
The grasses swayed as the other feline approached, and Orion tilted his head to watch her quizzically. She seemed unaware of his presence for a time, but once she saw him, seemed confused. She'd seemed to be searching for something at first, and he wondered briefly if his scent had drifted along the wind to her and she'd tracked him. He watched her patiently while she seemed to debate something, eventually speaking to him.

"Hi..I'm Tallulah."

He inclined his head in greeting, smiling. "Hello Tallulah." He offered back. He remained seated; Tallulah was a fair bit smaller than him, and he didn't want to frighten her.

"What are you?"

He blinked at her in surprise, then looked down at himself. Surely she was kidding? He thought it was fairly obvious that he was a lion, but perhaps living with the wolves meant she had never seen one of his kind before. He certainly didn't bear the appearance of a typical lion, either; not with her bright red stripes and nearly-black fur. "I'm a lion." He answered, chuckling a bit at the absurdity of meeting another feline that couldn't identify him.

"I'm Orion," He said with a soft shake of his head, still laughing softly. "Have you never seen a lion before, Tallulah?" His tail flicked back and forth behind him gently, eyes bright as he watched her. He was excited to have been received with friendliness, and was surprised to have been received by another feline at that.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 02:44:59 PM by .orion. »

Offline Sansa

• strike the anchors, USE YOUR ANGER.
  • Nardir
  • Apprentice
  • Liked: 10
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 08:30:56 PM »
     Sansa was a protective creature. It was her nature to act as a shield for those she cared for. The Nardiri had witnessed her power firsthand, as she fought a massive bear alongside them to avenge those of the pack who had fallen to it's hate-filled jaws. The Inarians and the Saborans had witnessed Sansa's might as she fought in the war between the two packs, helping to protect the land of the jacarandas from the violent monstrosities that oozed out of the jungle. The grey titan snorted as she trotted confidently through the Nardiri territory, but when she inhaled, the scent hit her.

Though she did not give pause, Sansa was immediately on alert, molten gold gaze flickering all around her. It was the scent of a cat, and a big one at that. Each cat had their own individual smell, of course, but felines as a whole carried with them the same sort of under-scent hidden deep down. Sansa knew wolves, and all living things, possessed this as well. But this cat's scent was clearly non-Nardiri, a stranger at the gates.

Large paws carried the Hydra towards the borders, a short distance away. Sansa had been patrolling the borders as she liked to do once a day, adding extra defense to the Jovian Winds. Another scent came across her senses, this one familiar - Tallulah, Sansa's odd little leopard friend. Worry bloomed in the wolf's broad chest, causing her paws to move more swiftly. Ahead, she could make out the forms of the two cats, and it did not seem as though there was violence. Still, the grey Hydra wasn't one to easily drop her guard, or her suspicion. "Tallulah," Sansa's burly voice boomed, calling out to her little friend.

The lion's words evaded her, but as Sansa arrived at Tallulah's side, golden eyes studied him intensely. It did not seem as though he were being aggressive, sitting down and relaxed as he was. "Who is your friend, Tallulah?" Sansa inquired without ever shifting her gaze from the lion to the leopard. She wasn't poised to attack, as it was neither warranted (yet) nor the Nardiri way. The pack was peaceful and compassionate, and sometimes it did make the grey titan feel.. out of place. Still, the Bacchus dire did her best to fit in, and did, for the most part.

"I am called Sansa. Vhat business have you vith Nardir?" These days, her accent didn't impact her speech as much as it once had, but there were times when it shown through brightly. She had come from a different land, a harsh territory of frigid winters and endless death; maybe that was why she was such a killjoy.

no more tears, stand up to your fears. keep your voices raised, keep your knuckles bloody,
keep your voices raised, keep your knuckles bloody, no more tears

i was born to be broken (broken) / calling, gagging, spitting, falling, bleeding, begging vermin
i exist without purpose (purpose) / teach me, tell me, push me, hurt me, hit me harder

fists fall like rain on my knees, but i’m not afraid, cowards die everyday, i’ll face the attack
pressed to the wall but fighting back, I'LL FACE THE ATTACK.

(profile / bin / #CD8500 / played by silokk)

Offline Rieal [RL things so mostly lurking, RPing when able]

• Quoth The Raven...
  • Hero
  • Nevermore!
    • Warriors Prelude
  • Liked: 163
  • Likes Given: 467
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 03:23:27 PM »
The large male returned her greeting with a smile though didn't offer his name, he did remain sitting though which was..good? Or maybe not? She had no idea what to do with a friendly border arrival but she was here and no one else was yet so she would have to just..do what she could and hope someone else who knew how to do these weird border things showed up..and soon. At her question of what he was he blinked and then looked down at himself..which was..odd to her. When he looked back up he said he was a lion chuckling a bit. A lion? She didn't she'd ever heard of those before..what was lion? Why did it make him chuckle like that? Was there something funny about being a lion? She had no idea. Then he said he was Orion while shaking his head kinda so..did that mean he wasn't a lion or did that mean that there were different kinds of lions. Then came his question that seemed as if he could read her mind as he asked if she had ever seen a lion before. "No, I haven't even heard of lions before. What is a lion? And is Orion your name or a special kind of lion?". She then said asking what were probably the stupidest questions to ever be asked but..she didn't really know anything about her fellow cats.

She did recognize the scent that was coming their way though and the voice that called her name out and started wagging her tail happily in dog-like fashion that increased in speed as soon as Sansa was fully on the scene. "Sansa!". She exclaimed happily forgetting about the big lion thing sitting there at the borders so she could turn and greet her Sansa with her typical hyper greeting of rearing up on back legs to prop her front ones against the grey titan in a manner more akin to the greeting a dog would give than a cat. "He says hes a lion though I'm not sure what that is and he said hes Orion. I don't know why hes here though". She answered and as soon as she said she didn't know why he was here Sansa was asking him herself what his business was here at the border. Good. Sansa could do this weird friendly border talking thing that seemed to be the thing to do she would probably just watch and continue to wag her tail happily since Sansa was here now.

((sorry for the wait and..shortness of this. I forgot it was my turn and..things are pretty chaotic irl for me still and..yeah))
might disappear

~The raven strikes at midnight~

*Servicemen don't make MISTAKES, they make DECISIONS.*

±Credit cards aren't money..just wishful thinking±

If you want to understand me go Here and Here and also Here
My Charries

I survived the Snowflake
Christmas Name Change 2010

Online Orion.

• Initiate
  • stargazer
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 09:18:07 PM »
ooc: you're fine!! c:

Orion waited patiently while the girl seemed to decide what to take of him, his ears flicking every now and then in the direction of a far-off sound. He seemed to have confused her further, though he couldn't quite figure out why. What had he said? He'd only been joking when he'd asked if she'd never seen a lion, but from the look on her face, it was a very real possibility. He couldn't quite fathom why that seemed to happen so often on this side of the mountains. Lions were quite a commonplace sight in the fringe, or at least, they were from the area he was from. His old pride had been fifty strong, at least! Nearly everyone he'd run into viewed him as some sort of oddity, which was a bit off-putting, but nothing he couldn't deal with. So far he hadn't garnered this surprise from a fellow feline, though.

"No, I haven't even heard of lions before. What is a lion? And is Orion your name or a special kind of lion?"

He gave the smaller girl an indulgent smile, prepared to answer, when his eyes caught sight of movement near them, drawing his attention to the approaching greyscale female. He couldn't quite hold back his look of surprise as she drew closer, unaccustomed to meeting such large--and appealing--wolves. The tallest of wolves he'd seen in his life stood at least a foot shorter than her, and were much less... everything. She had a very strong presence about her that her predecessors had lacked. He knew a warrior when he saw one. A woman after his own heart.

Orion closed his maw with a soft click, clearing his throat as the pair finished their familiar interaction and another question was directed his way. "No business," He answered, blue eyes meeting golden earnestly. "I'm just... wandering by. I'm from beyond the mountains," He gestured back the direction he'd come from, "The fringe, I've heard it called."

He turned his ocean eyes to Tallulah again, smiling charmingly, as if Sansa's arrival hadn't thrown him for a loop. "A lion is a type of cat. Like a saber, except with smaller teeth, and... more fur." He cringed at his own wholey incomplete description of his species, but, really--he'd never had to explain it before, and he'd never really given thought to it before now. "Orion is my name, but it's also the name of a gathering of stars in the sky.
 I don't think there are different kinds of lions. Or at least, none that I can think of."
Honestly, his worldview had been... sort of limited.

But that was the reason for this journey, wasn't it? Broader horizons, and all that.

He looked back to Sansa, since she had the air of someone with a bit of authority. "If your pack would rather not have me here, I'll go. I don't want to overstay my welcome." The pack had certainly garnered his interest though.