Author Topic: Made of Stone [Moons; Open]  (Read 328 times)

Offline Theron

• Changeling.
  • Inaria
  • Apprentice
  • I'm still confusing love with need
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 1
Made of Stone [Moons; Open]
« on: April 11, 2017, 11:51:57 PM »
(Heya, let moons post first then this thread will be open to one or two more thanks!! Sorry this post is kinda crap I'm very out of practice writing adkljasd;)

The wolf stalked along the dry ridge, his nose down against the ground as he snuffled among fragrant fallen petals for the smell of something else. The scent of the Jacana flowers covered most everything else, however, and he had little luck. He wasn't sure what drew him out of his den; ordinarily, the austere wolf kept to himself. A recluse who stayed on the fringe of the pack's lands. Theron knew well that he was unwelcome here, for the most part. Most Inarians treated him with fear and suspicion and even the best of them gave him with mere tolerance rather than affection. His continued existence here was like walking a knife's edge. Not that he really appreciated how volatile the situation was. It wasn't that Theron was simple minded, he simply didn't care.

He had little interest in socializing, instead, he spent much of his time exploring. Theron was intimately familiar with most everywhere within Inarian borders and some places without - it wasn't as if the scent of piss at the border stopped him from crossing it. He wasn't a rebellious child who overstepped his bounds simply to prove a point, instead; he simply did not comprehend the mere concepts of boundaries. It mattered little if they were physical or social; Theron went where he wished and did what he pleased. He stood, lifting his broad head high and scenting the breeze - he could smell someone...familiar.

A pink tongue was drawn over a dry nose as Theron peered around with wide white eyes for the source of the scent. He knew it was Moons and he peered about for a sign of her red pelt somewhere among the soft greens and purples that made up the Inarian landscape around him. Was there the scent of another as well? Perhaps. It was difficult to tell over the clinging scent of the flowers.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 12:23:11 AM by Theron »
You gave me my very first gun
I'll go out and hunt the hidden dome
With white foxes, with white foxes
Hunger, hunger, is the purest sin
It is an empty church in a crowded bin

Played by Bloody

Offline Moons

• Kichigai's wierdo <3
  • Guardian
  • Hero
  • Captain Inaria~
    • My status
    • My DeviantArt Page
  • Liked: 926
  • Likes Given: 898
Re: Made of Stone [Moons; Open]
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 07:07:13 PM »
The maroon female was doing some traveling herself, walking around Inaria as she was often seen doing. Whether through social grounds or through the more lonely roads, Moons was glimpsed in and out of the trees, sending gentle smiles towards anyone she made eye contact with. Overall though, on a day like today, she was also a little withdrawn. The more time elapsed between the present and the (fairly) recent war they had gone through, the more Moons found herself settling on a routine that kept her busy. Slowly she was falling back to her usual ways; but with more caution in between.

Always caution.

Her ears swiveled and her nose wriggled as she walked along, always reading her surroundings more than she likely let on to others. It was just how she was raised, even before she was thrown into the fire pit of the soldier mentality. Even now, she was alerted to the scent of another, and it made her turn her head from her path. A paw frozen in place mid-air, Moons immediately identified the scent. "Theron," the name was uttered softly beneath her breath. The boy who had been through hell and spit back out of it with no way to handle it.

Setting her paw down, she debated. Should she seek him out? It didn't take long for Moons to figure out that he didn't want the company of others. At the same time though... she knew it was good for him. Show him something different than what he likely dealt with in the paws of Dragon. She really did want to improve her bond with him. It was why she now turned towards the direction he was in, rather than away from it. Despite that desire though, she couldn't help but be cautious. It was the inner workings of a soldier to be cautious of an unpredictable being. Theron was one of them.

So it was with no surprise in her expression when eventually amber eyes met those white orbs that peered so dully at her. No emotions attached to them. Moons however, was full of emotion. Could Theron even read them? "Hey Theron," she greeted him, much like their last encounter. She emerged from among the foliage to face him, tail swaying a few times behind her. "You out for a walk, too?" Moons looked him over briefly before focusing back on his gaze. Always reading, always watching. But more importantly...

Genuinely wanting to know how he was doing.
Link to bin~

Characters I Actively Role-play: Moons | Corvus |Rykryk | Flamestorm | Seven |Yoki | Phoenix | Electra | Coronach | Cruciatus | Zodiac | Tide | Skylar
Been on IDS since: January 26th 2008

Offline Aeolus

• Former Messenger of Comunitare
  • Apprentice
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 07:27:25 PM »
He had been balancing his time between the borders and the inner part of the pack lands and at present..it was time inside the borders that would be getting his attention. Mainly because there were still wolves, packmembers, that he didn't know yet and he intended to change that. He picked up the scent of someone he didn't know, though it was definitely Inarian, and started following after it. It soon became apparent that the individual was heading towards the flower fields. He didn't want to overwhelm himself by rushing in with all the fragrant flowers so he slowed his pace so he and his nose could adjust to all the scents, that way he could continue to follow the trail with as little difficulty as possible. After awhile though he realized that it seemed as if there was another scent present..it seemed like..Moons. Hm..as he drew closer he pondered what sort of discussion this was going to be, most of his interactions with Moons, if not all of them, so far had been of the profession kind so a social conversation would be interesting..if she did social conversations with subordinates. He didn't want to just assume she did, but he didn't want to assume she didn't either so..he would wait and see. It wouldn't be long though now that he could see her standing in front of the male he was coming up on from behind.

"Hello Marchioness?". He greeted her phrasing it in such away that she would know he was asking if that was her preferred form of addressment and to Theron, if he was able as he knew nothing of Theron and his volatile nature, "And hello to you as well, I'm Aeolus, I don't believe I've had the pleasure of meeting you yet". Then all there was to do was wait.

Offline Theron

• Changeling.
  • Inaria
  • Apprentice
  • I'm still confusing love with need
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 12:46:46 PM »
The Marchioness did not keep him waiting long, he spotted her maroon pelt weaving through the foliage to meet him well before she got close. Theron offered no greeting at first, settling back into a seated position stiffly. He did not look comfortable, he never did when there were other people around. Company of any sort made him tense, although Moons was one of the few who received stony disinterest rather than cold hostility. She was familiar enough.

“Hey Theron," Her voice was soft - kind even. Yet that was lost upon the young male. "You out for a walk, too?"

“Yes.” He said curtly, voice sounding like a rusted hinge. An ill-used rasp that was quieter than one might expect from a wolf of his considerable bulk. Hackles raised, legs stiff, head held low - white eyes trained on Moons as she approached. Theron did not treat the Marchioness with the sort of professional respect one might expect from a subordinate addressing one of their superiors. He did not know or care about her rank or title. Instead he stood, stiff and impassive as marble.

"Hello Marchioness?" Another voice behind him, unexpected.

The change was immediate as Theron’s body went from tense to outright aggression. He stood, spinning, the motion bringing him a step or two closer to Moons. Muzzle wrinkling into a snarl as he bared his teeth at the unfamiliar male.

"And hello to you as well, I'm Aeolus, I don't believe I've had the pleasure of meeting you yet." The large brown dire mix didn’t relax at the friendly words, and he did not answer the stranger’s greeting with anything save a low bass growl. His tail lifted and head dropped low to instinctively guard his throat. This was not the first time Theron reacted to surprise with outright hostility. Volatile was right. The next few tense seconds would pass slowly, as the boy attempted to read the situation - something he was rather ill-equipped for.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 01:06:02 PM by Theron »
You gave me my very first gun
I'll go out and hunt the hidden dome
With white foxes, with white foxes
Hunger, hunger, is the purest sin
It is an empty church in a crowded bin

Played by Bloody