Author Topic: bring out the apple pies [open]  (Read 385 times)

Offline Iaera [rp]

• [the nymph]
  • Gemini
  • Apprentice
  • Liked: 21
  • Likes Given: 1
bring out the apple pies [open]
« on: April 10, 2017, 07:05:47 PM »
[i a e r a]
ooc; smol little shy flower needs to make friends and learn english better. love for a couple of people to pop in. short starter because I hate starters and i'm watching Top Gear.

I'm too lazy to think up a sentence, and then subtitle it, so just imagine nondescript foreign mutterings.

-------------------------

It had been just a tad bit over a full day since Aela had accepted her, and she had spent the first day exploring the outskirts and finding a place to den down. Near the middle of her first hours in Gemini, she had found an old outstretched weeping willow tree, with a rocky hilly, outcropping. The Latin woman had spent the evening well into her first night digging into the hill, forming a den past the whisps of willow. The tiny woman worked for long hours until she managed to dig out a very moderate sized den, using the rocks in the hill to support it and as shelving. Tiny paws and soft face were coated with dirt and mud, violet eyes were weary, muscles in her legs and paws were sore. The young maiden sighed, stretching out aching limbs towards the horizon as the sun rose on her second day. Iaera felt weak, stepping back softly to look at her handy work, a half smile perked across her maw. It was a quite lovely job for the small woman to have undertaken all on her own, though there was still a few bits here and there that still needed work.

Slowly she rose from her seated position, fluffy little tail tipped with dirt as she thought she might make her way to a waterway somewhere to take a quick bath before going out to start to look for decorations. However she found that as she tried to amble from her new headquarters that she was not quite up to the walk, even though she could see the creek trickling by from where she stood. Instead she yawned slowly, a soft ached moan escaped her and she turned back towards her new den. Iaera decided that she would take a bath later, and flopped down just next to the entrance. One more stretch before she drew her legs in and wrapped her tail mostly around her body. Muttering softly to herself in Latin as she attempted to doze off, another large yawn before her head laid down, purple eyes slowly blinking, slipping into sleep. Now would be an excellent time for the welcome wagon to roll in, likely on top of sleeping Iaera.
#CEA980

.profile.
.played by eclipse.

Offline Skylar

• Local happy camper~
  • Gemini
  • Apprentice
  • This is your personal text.
  • Liked: 30
Re: bring out the apple pies [open]
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 09:53:13 PM »
Skylar was up and about, prancing through the fields of flowers around his family's home. Being the puppy that he was, he was currently scrambling around with no particular destination in mind. He had all of Gemini, right?? Well except for technically the borders... but those things were everywhere! The boy just didn't know what to do with those, but right now he was too busy chasing a butterfly. He barked and leaped over the grass in his chase, going after it until he tripped over a rock.

He landed with a startled "Oof!" on the grass (he seemed to do this a lot, huh?). Skylar rolled over onto his back, looking for the butterfly, but it was long gone. "Awww, I dun see it no more..." he said sadly, rolling back over onto his belly. The pup stood and shook his pelt, walking away until he saw a cricket. WOAH. And immediately the game was on again, the pup hopping after the grasshopper in the tall grass.

Then he saw a bird flutter out from the field and immediately Skylar barked after it, scrambling on puppy paws. Because he kept looking up though, he tripped again over a rock and fell, only to stumble onto a young garter snake. Skylar dashed after it until he lost it in the flowers, barking even after it was long gone from his sight. Tail up and wagging, the pup happily continued on his way to nowhere, eager to play some more. Then a strong breeze blew a leaf by him and he began barking again, running after it with the same zest he chased the butterfly and bird with.

He leaped into the air and teeth closed around the leaf with a faint 'crunch' as he landed on the ground. Grinning, Skylar traipsed around the field with his catch, the leaf hanging down from his front fangs. Then a dragonfly flew in front of him, and the leaf dropped from his maw as jaws parted in an eager endeavor to catch this new prey. "COME BAAAAACK!!!!" he cried out as the dragonfly hovered just above his reach, almost like it knew just how far he would be able to jump to get it.

Tricky thing, bugs.

Finally the dragonfly wandered off, and Skylar slowed down to a slow walk. He was near a willow tree, and he was getting tired. There was a nice rock to climb onto and sleep on, so the pup made his way onto it, curling up to snooze for a few days. Okay maybe just a few minutes. Seconds? Hours? Who knew. "Mmmmm," he hummed, rolling onto his side, then his back, then back onto his side. After a while he was precariously on the edge of said rock until he rolled right off of it. He collided with another sleeping body that he never knew was there, but the boy kept right on sleeping. Skylar wouldn't notice that he fell off his 'bed.' Much less that he hit someone else.

He was waaaaaay too comfortable.

-=played by Moons since 03/01/2017=-

Offline Iaera [rp]

• [the nymph]
  • Gemini
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 12:57:25 PM »
[i a e r a]
ooc; definitely still open for more, just wanted to reply to skylar and get the ball rolling.

Sleep had been welcome, and her dirty nose was stuck under her fluffy tail, head laid atop muddy paws. Her sides rose and fell with a soft rhythm, air whisked her from nose as she slept somewhat hard. The small woman's body had ached, her brain and eyes heavy and tired when she settled into her sleeping spot. A deep hard sleep, or at least, so she had hoped when she laid down to get some rest, hoping to soothe her sore spots. Unfortunately it seemed that Iaera would instead end up with another sore spot, this time however it was not her own doing. As the young woman slept steadily, the tottering child slipped from his resting place, and down came Skylar, cradle and all. Now he was still small, there was no doubting that, at least compared to his adult size to come, but to Iaera, with all two feet and one inches and a whole whopping sixty-five pounds of weight.... Skylar was like having a rock dropped on her. He hit her, though luckily from not a very high distance, and it startled her awake immediately. "BAahh!" The child tumbled gently to the ground as she drew her body up, violet eyes searching wildly for the offender of this heinous attack.

But settled upon the still sleeping form of the ruddy red child, and the grayscale and tan woman un-clenched her teeth and relaxed her tension. "Oh.. My," Iaera giggle softly as she looked at him resting, and then looked around to see if there were any adults or anymore children, and perhaps more importantly, where he came from. "Est just a liberi... children... child?" Mulling the words over with her alluring accent as she looked on at sleeping Skylar before looking up at the hill and seeing a rock outstretch he had most likely been resting on. "Ah. Well least Iaera was here to break fall," she decided with an affirmative nod to herself. As the adrenaline flow decreased and her nerves became settled she realized just how awful she felt. "Oh dear..." She had the feeling of being half dead, and her legs were stiff, her muscles screaming and burning at the sudden violent use of her movement. How painful. The little wolfdog sighed out hard, and edged over to nose Skylar softly, making sure he was okay. "Just ah... sleepy? Ya. Sleepy. Little babe."

She decided to lay down beside him instead of waking him, soft eyes studied him over for a moment, but continued to look around with a confused expression. "Shouldn't a somebody be with liberi?" A question to herself as she laid her head down, purple eyes gazing out sleepily towards the water. But she couldn't sleep, not now, not now that the child was here and she felt the need to watch over him. So instead she was simply rest her tired body and wait to see if anyone arrived to gather him up or he otherwise awoke and explained why he was alone.
#CEA980

.profile.
.played by eclipse.

Offline Skylar

• Local happy camper~
  • Gemini
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 07:34:08 PM »
Even the startled motion of the older female didn't rouse Skylar from his nap, and he kept right on sleeping in his funny little position. One of his back legs twitched occasionally in his sleep, his throat moving with the swallowing motions he made. The female laid back down next to him, and the pup snoozed on as he recovered his energy from the frantic play of earlier. Puppy naps never quite lasted long however, as soon enough he would be waking up.

Eventually he stirred, stretching out his front and back legs as his jaws parted in a squeal of a yawn. One light blue eye blinked open slowly, peering at his surroundings. The world was upside down though, considering he was laying on his back. Skylar turned his head so he saw the world at least sideways. The motion caused his back and legs to follow though, so he wound up rolling over onto his side as he looked about. "Good nap!" he declared to himself, smiling as he rested his head on the grass.

When he lifted his head back and looked behind him, though, he was surprised to see another with him! "OH!" Skylar exclaimed, scrambling to his paws and looking at the female with an eager smile on his face. "Hi pwetty lady!!" he greeted her, tail fanning behind him excitedly. Of course he hadn't realized he fell on her, but he did realize he was no longer on his rock. "Wusn'I on the rock a'fore?" he asked, looking up at the rock slightly above them. How did he end up down here? "Did I move?" Mystery!

"Good nappin' spot tho, right ma'am??" Skylar then asked her directly, happy to have someone to talk to now. Clearly they both knew how to pick good spots to nap! "I'm Skylar! What's yer name?!" He enjoyed talking to everyone, and this lady was no exception. Hopefully she was up for a good long conversation though. The boy had just recharged, and he was ready for round two of a wonderful day!

Offline Iridescent

• Initiate
  • Hellion
  • Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 08:14:50 PM »
Dark paws beat prints into the dirt with every step, and were wiped away by the huge tail the hellion dragged behind her. Exhaustion should have been weighing her down, but adrenaline coursed through her from the trials of her recent acceptance. She could hardly believe she finally had somewhere to call home. Tension was lifting from her muscles as the realization set in. She needed to find somewhere to get some sleep, but maybe she should exercise some of the adrenaline off first. She rolled her shoulders and picked up the pace to a trot, her head held high to take in the new smells. The dusty, dry air here in the scrubland, but she was certain she could smell the salty tangy scent of water in the distance, and the faint, cool breeze must come from somewhere. She really must explore the border before working her way all the way in.

Her ears twitched a little as they picked up the sound of voices in the distance. Curiosity peaked and she changed her direction slightly. As the huge female approached, she spotted a smaller female laid out under a huge willow, her grey and sand pelt blending well with the dusty scrubland. Then there was the  vibrating with energy. "I'm Skylar! What's yer name?!"

She nearly responded until she realized she was still lurking out of sight, they probably hadn't even noticed her approach. Maybe she better fix that. She slowly stepped forward, not wanting to startle anyone. She dipped her head and cleared her throat, peering at them with bright violet eyes. "I hope you don't mind a little company... I have just been accepted and wished to meet some packmates." She lowered herself to her haunches and wrapped her huge, fluffy tail around her paws. "I am Iridescent, but you can call me Iri if you like." She turned her full gaze to the bouncy pup. "Skylar, yes? Did I hear that right?" Bright purple eyes turned back to the neutral toned female, who looked like she might be as worn out as Iri was herself.

toyhou.se
Played by Nicki

Offline Iaera [rp]

• [the nymph]
  • Gemini
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 12:36:24 PM »
[i a e r a]
ooc; N/A

Eventually the little boy stirred, twitching and squirming about much like all children do upon being awake. Iaera simply grinned and watched the process of awakening in the child, she'd always wanted some. Though she had yet to get the opportunity to partake in such a blessing, time had not been on her side. In some ways she assumed this made her biological clock tick more rapidly, but Iaera was peaceful and mellow at heart, she easily ignored the recklessness it might create in others.  Instead for now she would live as an outsider looking in, perhaps slightly vicariously through mothers around her. She knew the basics of child care, ingrained in her by instinct and strengthen by watching her mother and other mothers in the village. So she was quite bemused to watch Skylar tumble about, finally lifting his head to look back at her with a bit of surprise suddenly dancing in his eyes. A lighthearted chuckle escaped the maiden, violet eyes never leaving the boy as he jumped up from his resting place with excitement. A kind, high-energy greeting escaped him, and Iaera offered him the softest of smiles she could possibly manage for his compliment 'pwetty lady'.

Though as quickly as he had been joyous, suddenly gears turned in the head of the boy and the wolfdog watched as he began to figure out he had not awoke from the same location as he had fallen asleep at. "You roll off liberi," Iaera explained gently, her accent heavy as she worked to make sure her words were the right ones, "Child," she corrected herself, "Liberi is word for child, apologiess, my English is ah no good." Hopefully Skylar would at the least be able to get the gist of the words the woman had said, politely she decided to leave out what he had fallen onto her when he rolled off. Admittedly, just hearing Aela talked had helped her with her sentence formation a bit, hopefully she would be a quick learner. But again, the child's mind had raced away, and he spoke of it being a good napping spot. Iaera grinned and nodded her head to the boy, "Ya. Good spot," she'd motion back to the hole in the hill where she'd dug her den with muddy paws, "New home there."

Eventually the child remembered such things as formality and parted with his name, Skylar. Purple gaze settled on him as she submitted the name to memory, the second member of Gemini she had met. Iaera was about to give her own name back when the presence of another was made known. A dark female, glowing and captivating with shades of blue and purple, much larger and heavier than herself, with a long fluffy tail. Iaera studied her with a calm expression, though it was not outwardly friendly. A habit from her days in the neutrals, caution, especially with those larger than she. They had eyes to match though she noticed, and it was interesting to finally meet another with purple toned eyes. As she spoke Iaera smiled lightly, so this woman was new too, that certainly made her feel better. She however was much more familiar with the world of formalities and was quick to give a name, and a nickname as well. Iaera figured people liked options, though she'd never thought of a name as optional. The wolfdog waited for her to speak to Skylar before she finally spoke, "Ah, my nome-- name est Iaera. My ah, English is bad. But I new to Gemini too. Just ah, dig home." Again a muddy paw would motion to her den behind them under the willow.

Eyes would fall to Skylar, a bit of a silly smile on her face, "Looks like Iri and Iaera need some Gemini, ah... lessons. Tell about home liberi." Offering Skylar the chance to talk about his home and hopefully boost up his confidence a bit more, getting to help two pretty ladies.
#CEA980

.profile.
.played by eclipse.

Offline Skylar

• Local happy camper~
  • Gemini
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 09:19:23 AM »
The older lady giggled at what he said, and he grinned and wagged his tail in response. He made her laugh! That was a good thing, right?? “You roll off liberi.” Rolled off of a liberi? What’s that? Skylar was just about to ask such a question when she continued instead. “Child. Liberi is word for child, apologies, my English is ah no good.”  The pup tilted his head, listening to her and her different words. For that’s all they were. Maybe they were just words he hadn’t learned yet! So he better learn this one.

“Li… li… liberi!” he stammered, trying to get the pronunciation right. He smiled once he did. “LIBERI! I’m a liberi!” Skylar continued happily as he bounced around barking the new word. An addition to his vocabulary. He would certainly show his momma later that he had learned a new word. Didn’t matter that it was in another language. To him, it was all one big language he had not learned yet. He already forgot about the fact that he had rolled off the rock, being too fascinated with the new discovery he made today.

Ya. Good spot. New home there.” Skylar followed the lady’s indication to her newly made den. Skylar pranced over with an “Oooo” and poked his head in. Then he backed up and turned to her, nodding in his own little approval. “It’s beau’ful!” he said, complimenting her home. It was only proper, after all! Maybe one day he’d be able to dig his own den.

Then he was distracted by another female approaching, and her fur colors caught his eye. His blue gaze widened when he saw her. She was just so… so… SO PRETTY!!! Skylar stared with a look of awe on his face but finally remembered to close his mouth. “I hope you don’t mind a little company… I have just been accepted and wished to meet some packmates.” The pup waddled over and sat right in front of her paws, causing him to have to tilt his head straight back so that he could look up at her. “WOW…” he said in admiration, tail fanning behind him. “You’re really pwetty!!” Fascination indeed. “My name is Iridescent, but you can call me Iri if you like.” Iri it is!! Then she looked down at him. “Skylar, yes? Did I hear that right?” Woah, she knew his name!

Oh wait, hadn’t he said it?

“HI IRI!!” he chirped, liking how easily her name came out. “Yup! I am the one and only Skylar!!” His tail continued to wag as he sat in front of her, liking this lady. Then the other lady introduced herself, and he turned his head to listen. “Ah my nome—name est Iaera. My ah, English is bad. But I new to Gemini too. Just ah, dig home.” Again she gestured to the den, and Skylar’s head bounced up and down as he remembered inspecting the den himself. Skylar’s stamp of approval given. “Looks like Iri and Iaera need some Gemini ah… lessons. Tell about home liberi.” Skylar’s eyes lit up as though they had suddenly become stars themselves.

Uh oh. I’m not sure you know what you’ve just initiated, Iaera.

He stood up, bouncing to a spot where he could see both ladies clearly. Time to show them his beautiful home. “Gemini is the greatest bestest home EVER!” he started off, knowing they’ll soon think that for themselves too. They just had to! “We has a HUUUUUGE wall, super super high to pr’tect us from The Strangers. You’re only ‘llowed to go through with permishun.” No Skylar, that’s only you. But that’s okay. “Then we have our borders that are everywhere, I’m tellin’ ya! And we also have an oshun,” he gestured towards the shoreline with a paw in that general direction. Translation: ocean. “That’s where the sea wolfies swim, they’re really fun, AND AND they sing!! I like listening to them sing, yup yup.”

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT PART. “And we have FLOWERS. LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of flowers!! And they’re all super pwetty!” He spread his front paws wide, encompassing all of Gemini in his little grasp. Oh! He had an idea. “Be right back!” And off he dashed for the moment, running to a nearby flower field. He plucked two daisies he found growing, and dashed back on little puppy feet to place them at their paws. “For you!” he said, looking at each and smiling broadly. Skylar would gladly continue telling them of Gemini, but right now he was focused on the simple gesture.

Offline Iridescent

• Initiate
  • Hellion
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 12:26:17 PM »
"WOW... You're really pwetty!" Iri chuckled at the red, black and white pup's enthusiasm. "Why thank you, little one. Some time you'll have to see my coat at night." She glanced over her shoulder, already knowing what she'd see. Her dark undercoat was punctuated by strokes of vibrant purple and blue, and it was very pretty. She knew that, she even used it to her advantage sometimes. If you've got the tools, use them. But how it looked now, in the light of day, was nothing to the brilliant glow it emitted at night. Though she was aware of the beauty of her coat, she was never one to turn down a compliment, and she didn't let it go to her head. After all, it's not like she got to pick what she looked like. It was a gift bestowed upon her, and she was always grateful. Her sister was... never quite as pretty, and the older female had always been jealous.

She was drawn back to the present by the energetic pup's voice speaking her name. "HI IRI! Yup! I am the one and only Skylar!" She beamed at him, pleased by the way he seemed so at ease. Then the female speaking in chopping English introduced herself. "Ah my nome--name est Iaera. My ah, English is bad. But I new to Gemini too. Just ah, dig home."

"Iaera, that is a lovely name. Where do you come from? I have never had the pleasure of hearing any languages but English." She tilted her head, hoping the paler female understood. "I could... I could help you with the language if you like?"

Iri glanced in the direction she'd pointed. A den. That was something she had to take care of, too. She was curious, she'd never had a den of her own before. With the old wolf, she'd simply moved into his cave den. She moved to the entrance and peered inside. It was... lovely. A real home. Suddenly, Iri found herself buzzing with the excitement of having a home. Being able to build herself one of these, in a land she now belonged to. Again, the female's voice drew her back. "“Looks like Iri and Iaera need some Gemini ah… lessons. Tell about home liberi.” She glanced at the pup. Liberi... pup maybe? Fascinating. She knew other species used different dialects, the sabers of course with their roaring and purring, wolves with their howls, dogs with their yipping. And those two legged humans, they were a world of their own.

Her gaze moved to Skylar, who looked about ready to explode. Her eyes grew wide as he did exactly that. "Gemini is the greatest bestest home EVER! We has a HUUUUUGE wall, super super high to pr’tect us from The Strangers. You’re only ‘llowed to go through with permishun.” She nodded. She'd of course seen it on her way in; likely, Iaera had as well. Permission, huh? She wondered about that. The wall didn't include the whole packland, she'd been accepted beyond it. She would have to ask someone about that. Wouldn't Livid have mentioned it? "Then we have our borders that are everywhere, I’m tellin’ ya! And we also have an oshun," She couldn't help but chuckle. "Borders everywhere, huh? And an ocean?" Now that she was interested in seeing. She'd never seen anything bigger than a small lake, hardly bigger than a pond.

“That’s where the sea wolfies swim, they’re really fun, AND AND they sing!! I like listening to them sing, yup yup.” Brows lifted at that. Sea wolves? That sing? Was he spewing childish nonsense now? She knew well that pups loved to make up stories. But singing sea wolves, maybe there was a foundation there that had some truth? "Skylar, dear child, what is a sea wolf? Have you seen one? What do they look like?" She had aspirations to use her own voice to sing stories, it was part of the reason she was here. The old wolf told her to find the pack that kept the stories of old. He said she would be at home here. Maybe this was related?

“And we have FLOWERS. LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of flowers!! And they’re all super pwetty! Be right back!" She watched him bound off, then turned to Iaera. She was unsure what to say, but she wanted to know more about this female. "Iaera, if you could have any rank you wanted here in Gemini... what would it be? What do you want to do?"

After a moment, the pup came bounding back with two beautiful little flowers. "For you!" She giggled and reached out, taking one between two 'fingers' to slowly slide the stem behind her ear. The white daisy probably looked startling against her dark coat. "Why thank you, Skylar. What a gentlepup!"
---------------------------------------------
OOC: Oh dear god, I'm about to start a thread with Akhulet, the hellhound that was just accepted who looks like an orca, even has the tail.... Iri's going to think that's who Skylar was talking about >_<

toyhou.se
Played by Nicki

Offline Iaera [rp]

• [the nymph]
  • Gemini
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2017, 09:50:42 PM »
[i a e r a]
ooc; Iaera is like me, she's never seen the ocean. any ocean.

The boy grew excited over the word he had clearly never heard before, sputtering and stumbling until he pronouced it with a similar accent to Iaera's; admittedly it was a bit like an American faking a French accent but Iaera smiled and nodded none-the-less. "Ya, liberi," cooing again to the boy as he bounced around, such energy. There was a fantastical innocence in this child that Iaera envied having never gotten to enjoy a childhood as carefree as the one currently being experienced by the boy. Or at least, so she imagined, not knowing his father had been quite brutally killed. Even still, at least he wasn't on the end of a very short leash; literally. The thoughts had brought a frown to her expression but she quickly cleared it up, it was not this child's fault for her upbringing and the woman was happy to see him so happy and without a fear in the world.

He studied her home and commented, and the wolfdog grinned softly. "Thank you. Some day I go to find flowers for to make pretty." A muddy paw motioning to the empty dirt around the entrance of the den she expected cover with flowers. Though the arrival of Iri had interrupted her saying anything more, and Skylar beemed at her. So the little wolfdog was happy to take a step back and let the two mingle together, especially given they both spoken English much better than she. The thought slightly embarassed her, that a child as young as Skylar managed to speak such lovely English as compared to her and she sat with a bashful expression. So she was certainly surprised to receive a compliment on her name and language as well as a question. "Oh, I er... Uh," purple eyes shot towards Skylar cautiously, "Est no story for this time." She cleared her throat calmly with an expression to Iridescent that should make it clear her history was off-limits in the prescence of Skylar. The story of a mother forced to produce children in a breeding program, being tied up, emotionally and physically abused, and the subsequent escape and death of her mother wasn't child talk.

"Est ah, Latin. The language of my Mater's old pack. It fell long time ago, she never ah... finish teach my English... so yeah, help?" Typically Iaera understood more than she could enunciate so she offered her best acceptance to Iri. A soft smile accompanied her acceptance before she watched the woman study her den with excitement. "Iaera can help make den?" Trying with an offer to be more friendly towards the members of her new pack. "Be ah, faster with two." Though she wasn't sure the offer would be heard past Skylar's excitement that was so loud it was practically buzzing around them. He bounded up again where both could see him well before literally exploding overzealously with information. Iaera nodded, she had not come in near a "wall" so this was new to her and she worked hard to process it in as he continued on. Borders she was familiar with, she had met Aela at the borders, she grinned at his description.

When he motioned towards the water in the distance her eyes sparkled softly, ocean... Head cocked softly at it, "Ohshun?" Iaera had never seen an ocean and had no knowledge of it so she was considerably curious. Eyes flicked to Iridescent to see if she could get a clearer description on exactly what an 'oshun' was. The gray and tan wolfdog was working so hard to try and comprehend the gray in the distance she missed the whole piece about seawolves and the other woman's subsquent question about them. But the word 'flowers' brought her back to her senses and she grinned at Skylar with a look of utter joy. "Iaera loves flowers ya. Est not like to talk good over self but very good with for to grow flowers." A soft grin to Skylar as he bounded away, nodding to him before turning to catch Iri's question. "Ah, was told of few things. Healer, shepherd. Dunno. Iaera just like to help where can. Is nice to... finally have good home.." It was that moment that Skylar returned with two daisies for the pair and Iaera gave him a playful look.

"Does Skylar know flower mean thing? These, ah... daisy? Means ah, innocent and new beginning." She grinned sweetly to the little boy with a somewhat maternal expression, "Est lovely gift." A soft nuzzle to Skylar's side, "Should help Iaera to find flowers for new home."
#CEA980

.profile.
.played by eclipse.

Offline Skylar

• Local happy camper~
  • Gemini
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2017, 02:13:55 PM »
Skylar had made a glorious discovery, and a new word was added to his vocabulary. He danced around chanting the new word, until he was distracted by the den Iaera gestured at. "Thank you. Some day I go to find flowers for to make pretty." He wasn't completely sure what Iaera was mentioning (he thought the den was already pretty as it was!), but the word flowers made his ears perk. "Flowers?? Can I help? Can I, can I?" he hopped over to Iaera, eagerly looking up at her with pleading eyes and wagging tail. "Pleeeaaaaaase?" he added, remembering his manners.

Then another distraction came along. The very pretty lady with black, blue, and purple fur came over and now Skylar was looking at her just as eagerly. He still sat in front of her paws as she introduced herself. "Why thank you, little one. Some time you'll have to see my coat at night." The pup tilted his head, confused. "At night?" What made her coat different at night? He blinked in confusion as he tried to ponder. Maybe the moonlight shone differently? He would have to see one day.

Now Iri directed a few words at Iaera, and he politely sat there and looked between both women. Momma had always told him to not interrupt the adults talking. "Est no story for this time." The real meaning flew over the pup's head, since he remained happily panting and tail wagging as he listened. Skylar simply took it as a story for later on. That was fine with him! He loved stories, no matter the time.

When he was given the honor to teach them both about Gemini, Skylar grabbed it and ran with it. He tossed all of the information he could at them, eager to share the knowledge he had. Maybe when he was older he would become a teacher! "Borders everywhere, huh? And an ocean?" Then Iaera piped in. "Oshun?" The pup nodded eagerly. "Yup yup yupyupyup," he answered excitedly. So they were interested in the ocean, too! "The oshun is beau'ful! Lots and lots of water, and waves to chase, and sea wolfies to watch!" Would they be interested in looking? "You wanna see the oshun?" Maybe he could take them to it?

Another point came up. "Skylar, dear child, what is a sea wolf? Have you seen one? What do they look like?" A sea wolf? Skylar turned to Iri, tail whirling behind him. "They're black and white, and dey sing really well! They have biiiiiiig triangles that stick up out of da water, and they SPLASH! the water when they say hi!" He remembered when they waved their fins at him. "They swim allllllll day, though they never come up to the sand to play." He frowned a little, but he perked up again and looked at Iri. Had that helped?

"Why thank you, Skylar. What a gentlepup!" Skylar giggled at the praise, loving that they enjoyed the flowers. "Does Skylar know flower mean thing? These, ah... daisy? Means ah, innocent and new beginning." Oh now you caught his attention, Iaera. "REALLY?!?" Flowers had meaning?! He didn't know! Skylar hopped happily in place, yipping joyfully. "Yay!!" But Iaera also had other plans. "Should help Iaera to find flowers for new home." Oh? The star child whirled to Iaera, light blue eyes glimmering with excitement. "I'd love t'help! Can I? Can I? Pleaaaaaase?" Anything that involved flowers, count Skylar right on in!

Offline Iridescent

• Initiate
  • Hellion
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2017, 02:14:53 PM »
"At night?" the little ball of energy questioned. She glanced over her shoulder and smiled. "Ah, Skylar, you wouldn't believe me unless you saw it, but my coat glows like a blue moon. It just isn't bright enough to see in the daylight." She chuckled and gave a little shake. Her attention turned to the small female, Iaera mumbled something, shrugging off her own question. Iri could take a hint, she did not want to speak of it now. She nodded as Iaera continued, explaining her language. "Est ah, Latin. The language of my Mater's old pack. It fell long time ago, she never ah... finish teach my English... so yeah, help?"

The hellhound gave the woman a friendly grin. "Happy to help, Iaera." She tilted her head thoughtfully. "Mater...
 I would say its safe to assume that is Mother in your language. Your language, it seems to have similarities to English. It should not be too hard to puzzle through it!"

"Iaera can help make den?" She chuckled at the woman's sudden burst of excitement. "Be ah, faster with two."

"Ah, I want to explore the land before I decide where to settle down. But when I pick a spot, I'll keep you in mind if I need an extra pair of paws."

"Ohshun?"
"Yup yup yupyupyup, The oshun is beau'ful! Lots and lots of water, and waves to chase, and sea wolfies to watch! You wanna see the oshun?"

At this she turned to Iaera, intending to let the woman answer Skylar's question, but was met with an expression of bafflement. "The ocean," she clarified, "is where the water"--she motioned with a paw like a wave of water, then imitated lapping at a stream--"is spread as far as the eye can see." She gestured around them, as if there was water instead of ground beneath them. "It is like a huge river." She tilted her head at Iaera. Did any of that help?

Skylar burst into a description of sea wolves that only served to confuse Iri, and probably Iaera. Glancing at the Latin wolf and had her thoughts confirmed by the vague, lost-in-thought look in her eyes. She scrunched up her face thoughtfully. The puppy was so eager to please and to share his knowledge, though, she tossed him a grateful smile. "The live in the ocean like fish?" He had certainly caught her interest. She would have to go looking for these sea wolves.

The conversation turned to flowers and Iaera returned to the convesation. Iri took a moment to lower herself to her belly and cross her front legs before turning her attention back in time to catch Iaera's response. "Ah, was told of few things. Healer, shepherd. Dunno. Iaera just like to help where can. Is nice to... finally have good home.." She nodded and looked up at the clouds drifting lazily in the sky. "I wish to tell stories. I want to gather stories, true stories and make believe, I want to sing them to the moon and back." She looked at Skylar bounding back with the flowers. "I wouldn't say no to spending the day with a bunch of puppies like that one, though." She gave him a good natured chuckle. Ah, Iaera was onto something, giving the boy a task that would keep him in motion. Iri was willing to bet the pup's parents (for she had no way of knowing the pup's father was dead) would be grateful tonight for Iaera wearing him out.

toyhou.se
Played by Nicki

Offline Iaera [rp]

• [the nymph]
  • Gemini
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2017, 03:01:47 PM »
[i a e r a]
ooc; I'm so sorry this is late. i'm having trouble with this post for some reason.

The little boy seemed to light up at the mention of flowers for decorating, and leaped at the idea he could help. "Of course!" she smiled delicately to him. "Could always use help." The Latin woman sighed softly and looked down at her muddy feet, just now realizing she'd never made her trip to the stream to attempt to wash herself off. If wolves could blush, Iaera would have been lobster red as she looked at the pair in front of her. "Oh! Er..." Clearing her throat, violet eyes wide before listening to Iri tell Skylar to see her at night. A slight cock of her head was probably missed when the boy got confused and questioned it. The hellion's answer intrigued Iaera, who knew nothing of bio-luminescence. "Glows?" She was somewhat unfamiliar with the word, though the words 'blue moon' helped her figure out what it probably meant.

The subtle touch about her story not being for Skylar's ears was met with understanding from Iri and the boy shrugged it off and went back to looking pleasant and playful. Instead the woman moved straight on to the next part of her statement, speaking about the similarities of Latin and English. "Ya, mater teach little English before..." her tone went cold for a moment, Iridescent would likely catch the gravity that indicated death and doom. "Mater teach little English, know things here-there." Iaera didn't realize the phrase was 'here and there', she thought it was one word. But she'd get the hang of it eventually, "Very fast learner?" A proud grin to Iri while she moved on to digging her den. Again the little Latin woman looked down at her muddy feet and was still slightly embarrassed.

Skylar spoke about the ocean and his description was somewhat confusing. Her tiny brow furrowed before purple eyes would turn to meet Iri's equal purple eyes. Obviously the hellion recognized she was completely incapable of fathoming the boy's description. Luckily the other adult woman filled in the blanks, though she left some blanks on her own. Perhaps the best beat would be just to see the ocean itself. "Ah er... May ah, perhaps ah Iaera just go see ocean?" Pronouncing it how the hellion had, head indicating in the direction the other two had indicated. "Would help for to understand..." A soft plea to the pair, hoping they would head towards the ocean and she could follow, but she wasn't bold enough to make them move it they wouldn't. The discussion about the sea-wolves was completely lost to her and she just gently nodded like she understood; a blank expression and a casual smile.

When it moved back to flowers, she was in her zone again, and his explosion of joy wasn't lost on her. Apparently he really liked flowers and Iaera did too, loved them. "Yeah it's uh..." symbolism, "Iaera does not know word." The tan and grayscale woman sighed, ears pinned back, how embarrassing. Skylar was bouncing and wagging his little tail so hard but she was somewhat lost in her disappointment. The words from Iridescent were lost, and Skylar's question too.

#CEA980

.profile.
.played by eclipse.

Online .eclipse. [busy!]

• Hero
  • Liked: 450
  • Likes Given: 432
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2017, 12:48:07 PM »
ooc| bump?