Author Topic: i've been chasing rumors [Anamelech]  (Read 326 times)

Offline Kaiju~

• Death Valley
  • Initiate
  • 怪獣
  • Liked: 4
  • Likes Given: 0
i've been chasing rumors [Anamelech]
« on: March 26, 2017, 07:46:51 PM »
She was a young god at the precipice of unbecoming, laughing all the way as she unraveled.  The beginning of the story, when the suspense is building and everyone knows, sitting at the edge of their seats, what happens because they saw it in the previews.  Beware the patient woman, filled with rage and bloodlust and love for the gods she didn't know yet existed.

When she saw the god, the Rosa she had no concept of, she paused.  This was after she met some others, before the inevitable button that's to be punched over and over.  While her eyes still saw, big round pupils focused onto the youngest Rosa, she watched.  Took in the appearance of everyone she'd met outside of home so far.  The white rose wasn't anything special in appearance to her; she'd seen quiet a few dark wolves in her short life.  Though she hadn't seen red on someone before.  "Hey.  What's this color?"  She pointed to the red patches on the young, pretty woman.

It was obvious she didn't know very much, what with being a baby and all.  She was a toddler learning colors and shapes and, so far, had a mind not abstract enough to question the concept of gods.  Get them while they're young, guess.  She'd learn until nothing hurt anymore.  Until the pain in her head subsided into a strength nobody would think of.  Kaiju only knew black, white, yellow, brown.  For a moment she'd assumed all of their kind would only be black.  Except for the dirty orphan, but who was she to conform to anything?  The darkling had no pity for her illegitimate sister, if anything but contempt.

"Why aren't you black like me and my parents?  You have gray and white and that other color."

None towards this stranger.  Just a baby trying to learn colors.

What could be so perverse about that.

She looked like the orphan

Quote from: Animal Impulses - IAMX
☾ - - - - - - ♠ - - - - - - ☽

wilder than lions, louder than sound
the birds and the bees are getting older now
there’s a cold breeze blowing over my soul
shine razor eyes in delight
shine razor eyes before you die

profile                        . 

Offline Anamelech

• She seems dressed in all the rings of past fatalities
  • Leader
  • Regular
  • so fragile, yet so devious
  • Liked: 90
  • Likes Given: 22
Re: i've been chasing rumors [Anamelech]
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 10:44:32 PM »
The latest batch of degenerate children produced by Crow proved to be intriguing stock, with little psychological gradation between the brats. All three children sprung from the womb as fledgling devils pre-equipped with pitchforks and pistols, very much the sum of both monstrous parents; the dysfunction in the family was so pervasive that it corrupted even little Miasma, the childhood hostage forcibly adopted, now a cuckoo that was more than happy to close and lock the door to her cage every night.

Anamelech had been eager to seize the title of godmother for herself, though she was happy to share it with Enix. Dear mother more than deserved it. Her godhood, as well as her promise of guardianship, afforded her a front row seat to the children's development. She zealously documented every growth and milestone, scratching inch after inch into the doorframe. One by one, the screeching vermin (uttered with the most adoration) came into their barbarity.

Anamelech was intrigued by all of the children, but Kaiju brimmed with a certain presence. Gripped with inveterate curiosity for the world, she eagerly bombarded her with questions that Anamelech was delighted to entertain. Children were adorably stupid; that was why she found them so endearing. With the right amount of molding, they could grow into whatever you wanted. They could become whoever you wanted.

(Isn't that right, Thetis?)

Despite Kaiju's informal address, Anamelech chose not to admonish her, at least for now. She hummed, golden eyes flitting for the flecks of crimson that dotted her paws and caked her breast. "Why, it's red!" she exclaimed. "Like blood and cardinals."

It perversely thrilled her to know that she was the one who had instilled Kaiju with this knowledge; that she could lay claim to a facet of her developing psyche. "You see, little Kaiju, my daddy -- your daddy's grand-son, he was black and red like me, but he had yellow on him as well. That's an ugly, bright color, like your daddy's eyes and his silly bird paws," Ana said. She had never met Grendel's parents - Majority and Tatari - and thus could never attribute certain genetic abnormalities within her own family to their respective progenitors. If Anamelech knew Majority, she would have at last known where Alaska's wintry hues had originated.

"Li-ttle Kaiju," sang Anamelech, lilting and coy, "What colors are you familiar with? What is your favorite?"

In the wasteland, on the way to the Red Queen
It's no wonder our stage clothes have dreams to be famous
The trees in the courtyard are painted in blood,
So I've heard she hangs the headless
Upside down to drain.

[ #B30000 ] | played by Sunblink since 12/10/14.
   » tracker
[4:35:43 PM] Shakrashi: aneamalichk and her grandpa corw

Offline Kaiju~

• Death Valley
  • Initiate
  • 怪獣
  • Liked: 4
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 07:06:08 PM »
The pretty travesty of a woman kept her cool when the tiny oil-slick of a child sat high and bragged about god knows what.  This time it was a cute, silly childish interpretation of a god.  She had only heard the word "rosa" uttered from her wardog parents' mouths once, only once.  Kaiju took that word and ran; it brimmed with promise and glittering gold she couldn't resist.  The copper moonlight had spilled onto her back and left a lasting presence on her charcoal pelt, wiggling with excitement.

It was true that Kaiju was different from petty, desperate-for-attention siblings.  The illegitimate one tried to match her siblings' ferocity out of a fear that made her rigid; fear for her life.  Daddy had killed her muddy-blooded family because they were disgusting, and now she tried to be better than what she was?  Ha!  That was pathetic!  And Caesar, whose jealousy would someday kill her because Kaiju's patience was ever-waning with the idiotic notions of YOU HAVE TO LOVE YOUR FAMILY NO MATTER WHAT.  Family inspired her.  It inspired her in the way a cat inspires a singing robin.  Feathers flew and teeth crunched wetly onto a meaningless life, shattering it with no guilt.

Children were beautiful and cruel, but nobody could quite put their finger onto what lay behind Kaiju's eyes.

"Why, it's red! Like blood and cardinals."  The black child looked plaintively at her relative.  She had much to learn.  Red was a pretty color. "Red, huh?"  She peered down at the red for another moment before disregarding it completely.  Kaiju, the silent seconds between thunder and lightning, felt a boom build charge in her chest.  Meaningless tantrum, for no reason.  An adult might think the baby's frizzled genes had gathered all of their ugliness onto the tiny baby.

Maybe Crow hadn't realized just how horrid his new brood was, or maybe he did.  Maybe he sat in his bubbling domain, chortling to himself.  That after so many litters he had finally built his own weapon, his own little dragon.  His li-ttle Kaiju.  "You see, little Kaiju, my daddy -- your daddy's grand-son, he was black and red like me, but he had yellow on him as well. That's an ugly, bright color, like your daddy's eyes and his silly bird paws."  Kaiju was silent, but she sensed the lightning in this woman.  Something ugly this way comes, she whispered in her own head.  Only to hear the emptiness bounce back.  Who are you talking to, Kaiju?  You silly little bird.  "Li-ttle Kaiju, What colors are you familiar with? What is your favorite?"

The child sat down near her relative, nodding to herself as if she agreed with the emptiness.  "I like all of them," she replied, gaze fixed onto the ground. "I don't understand why everyone makes 'em compete with each other."  Like how Anamelech had just spoken about yellow.  Yes, the color of her daddy's silly paws, the color of piss.  But also the color of the sun and the daffodils and the wings of mottled butterflies. "I like yellow and blue and red and... and I like the color of the sunset.  All of them in one."  Her gaze hardened at the ground.  "... But I hate.  The purple.  Orphan."

Her heart beat with the rhythm of the war drums, calling for the spilling of blood.  Kaiju loved the colors, each and every one.  She loved the draconic fire of red, yellow and white.  But Kaiju was everything and nothing like them, the blue core too boiling hot to determine what she would become. 

Quote from: Animal Impulses - IAMX
☾ - - - - - - ♠ - - - - - - ☽

wilder than lions, louder than sound
the birds and the bees are getting older now
there’s a cold breeze blowing over my soul
shine razor eyes in delight
shine razor eyes before you die

profile                        . 

Offline Anamelech

• She seems dressed in all the rings of past fatalities
  • Leader
  • Regular
  • so fragile, yet so devious
  • Liked: 90
  • Likes Given: 22
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 10:19:15 PM »
"Red, huh?" asked Kaiju with the shellshocked acceptance of a child struggling to process revelatory information. Anamelech found it adorable, even more so her next observation, which rang with incongruously pacifistic sentiment. "I like all of them," Kaiju deferred. "I don't understand why everyone makes 'em compete with each other."

Anamelech had to wonder -- was that message secretly an impassioned bid for cohabitation among the embattled Rosas, rather than empty navel-gazing over her favorite color? Silly, silly Kaiju; silly monsterling. While Nhu was indifferent to disparate beliefs among her pupils and unbeknown to Ana, had even encouraged her Auction acquisitions to follow their individual paths, Anamelech was quick to enthusiastically assert herself as the greatest and most powerful of the triad. Nhu's open-mindedness was an undeserving courtesy that Anamelech had no intention of reciprocating. Were it not for Canaan and Nhu's gravitas, she would have trapped every potential convert in her web and left none for her fellow ruling gods -- and from how expansive was her House, she certainly teetered on the edge of accomplishing that goal.

But of more interest to Anamelech was the brooding way in which Kaiju reflected on the only color that she loathed, not drab browns or sickly shades of yellow, but imperial purple. Anamelech's attention was piqued. The Orphan -- Crow's little adoption? He had orphaned and adopted that child based on a whim. Anamelech supposed it was only appropriate that Crow's family was devouring itself from the inside.

"Then I suppose it's a good thing that there's no Purple Rose, isn't there? Imagine -- a Purple Rose," Anamelech giggled. The play at good humor was dropped almost immediately as she adopted a tone reeking with false concern. "This Orphan -- why do you hate her so much? She's your sister," Anamelech inquired innocently.

Anamelech was not personally invested in the answer, but she nevertheless anticipated Kaiju's reply, even if it was nothing more than a petulant retort of she's just stupid or some equally hollow, equally childish reason. No one harbored pointless grudges was well as children, and that was why she was intrigued. It was not because it was something she sought to correct -- it was because Kaiju's growing psychology was a fascination: a fascination of the same ilk as an undiscovered species of insect or a new disease.

In the wasteland, on the way to the Red Queen
It's no wonder our stage clothes have dreams to be famous
The trees in the courtyard are painted in blood,
So I've heard she hangs the headless
Upside down to drain.

[ #B30000 ] | played by Sunblink since 12/10/14.
   » tracker
[4:35:43 PM] Shakrashi: aneamalichk and her grandpa corw