Author Topic: the quiet hour has gone at last | open  (Read 267 times)

Offline Mimsy~

• Inaria
  • Initiate
  • daughter of inaria.
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
the quiet hour has gone at last | open
« on: March 09, 2017, 02:24:21 AM »
Her childhood had been a lonely one.

Sure, her parents had loved and coddled her - when they were around, which had been increasingly less and less as she began to mature. Mimsy was still a young wolf, but she felt somewhat self-sufficient; in leu of the protection and support of her ever-absent parents, Mimsy had learned to take care of herself... mostly. There was much the girl did not know, knowledge about medicine and herbs and how to protect herself from danger - key information for survival that every wolf should know at least a little bit about, in her opinion.

Of course, it wasn't all bad - she had her exploring to keep her busy. Every morning, she left her den and set out to discover new and exciting places hidden away within Inaria. It was so thrilling to find a pristine pool of crystal clear water surrounded by moss and lilies, undisturbed. Such places, often left unvisited for long periods of time, had a different atmosphere about them than the rest of the pack lands, something almost mystical. It sent tingles down Mimsy's back, causing her fur to fluff up a little.

"You know," she said to no one, "pretty soon I'll explore all of Inaria.. I dunno what I'll do then." The realization of this fact brought feelings of sadness rushing in like the evening tide. Mimsy let a sigh tumble from her lips, wistful and wanting for more.

There was always the pack. Her parents had held high ranks, once - her father's rank had been seized by another in his absence, and while Mimsy thought that somewhat unfair.. the rank could not simply go on forever with an absent leader. She knew that, but even then, it left a sour taste in her mouth. The doe-eyed girl strode through Inaria on delicate and long legs, almost dancing along on top of the moss and fallen leaves. Her mother had lost her rank as beta, that thought making her frown deepen. Frowns were such ugly things.. she shook her head, a small smile replacing the previous look of disapproval. The past could not be changed for her parents - but perhaps she could uphold their legacy, revitalize it through her own hard work and dedication to the pack they both had loved so much. Yes, that was what she would do. It was time for her to truly become an Inarian, and the best one she could be, at that. The only problem was..

Mimsy had no idea where to even start.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 02:24:51 AM by Mimsy~ »

outpost | profile | #A47764 | owl's nest |

Offline .Felix.

• Inaria
  • Initiate
  • Liked: 2
Re: the quiet hour has gone at last | open
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 08:08:14 PM »
"Eleven..." Felix huffed jumping up onto the fallen tree and then down again, "Twelve..." He repeated the action, jumping up and down, his lithe young form springng up and down with ease, landing lightly each time before bouncing back up, counting quietly to himself all the while. "Thirty!" He finally exclaimed, slightly out of breath, as he landed back on the ground after a few more minutes of ceaseless bouncing.

While he was not yet full grown it was obvious the young wolf took after his parents in the bulk and muscle department, which is to say he didn't have any. A lack of genetic predisposition had done little to dampen his enthusiasm for working out however as he had yet to really comprehend that he wasn't about to bloom into Fringe Dire just by doing push ups. He was just starting a round of these when he heard a voice nearby and flicked his ears about to listen. "...no what I'll do then” Was all he caught, but he recognized the voice, he bobbed so he could peek through a gap under the log and spotted four long lavender legs trotting past. Ah ha!

Felix, who wouldn't know what an existential crisis was if it bit him, saw his sister strolling along looking graceful and wistful and did what any good brother should - Blunder in uninvited and bother her with annoying questions. Abandoning his workout in favour of the better sport of sister baiting he hopped up onto the trunk of the fallen tree again and trotted along its stricken form until he reach a branch that jutted out directly over her path, ensuring he would be directly in her line of sight. Step one of being deliberately annoying - Be visible. "Hey Mim," He said bouncing up and down precariously on the branch that he had now discovered was pleasantly springy. "Practicing pouting?" He enquired while frowning and jutting out his bottom lip at her dramatically. Ah siblings.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 08:11:26 PM by .Felix. »

Offline Mimsy~

• Inaria
  • Initiate
  • daughter of inaria.
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 07:42:23 PM »
As if sensing her melancholy mood and deciding that that just couldn't be allowed to continue, her charming brother pranced onto the scene. Mimsy regarded him with a curious look, large round eyes wide. Bouncing up and down on the springy branch didn't seem like the smartest idea, but far be it from Mimsy to spoil someones fun.

"Hey Mim. Practicing pouting?"

She stuck her tongue out at him and blew a raspberry, shaking her head as she did. Although a little annoying, it was nice to not be alone. With her siblings, she could just be herself - they knew who she was and how she acted. Mimsy didn't need to walk on eggshells. "I'm trying to decide what I wanna be." the small girl stated in a semi-annoyed voice. He had interrupted her thinking, but maybe he could help her. "What do you think I should do? Like what rank, I mean?" It'd be a miracle if he took it seriously enough to really answer her.

Mimsy had thoughts of maybe being a Sentinel, or a Healer - she didn't know that much about plants, but was more than willing to learn.
Guarding the borders and deciding who to let in and who to send away sounded like a pretty noble position to hold, too, though. Her brows furrowed as frustration built within her. Why did things have to be so difficult?!

The young Inarian huffed in irritation, plopping her butt down on the soft grass. Surely the answers would come to her in time, right? That's what her mother had always told her -- 'Patience, all things in their time'. While Mimsy wanted to respect her mother's lessons, sometimes it just became too much for her to bear. She needed direction, she needed guidance - Mimsy needed her parents, then more than ever. But they weren't there. Instead, the young girl found herself in the company of a brother who knew just as much about life as she did. Still, it was nice to have someone in her family to talk to.

"What rank are you gonna go for, Fe-fe?"

outpost | profile | #A47764 | owl's nest |

Offline .Felix.

• Inaria
  • Initiate
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 06:09:56 AM »
Mimsy blew a raspberry at him and he grinned, stuck his tongue out back at her, and pulled a daft face. His target was successfully vexed, one point to him!

"I'm trying to decide what I wanna be.What do you think I should do? Like what rank, I mean?"

"You wanna be something other than pouty?" Felix asked in mock horror, "But you're so good at it!" He continued his bouncing with an even bigger grin on his face. If anyone was scoring this exchange that would be two to him now he was sure. The branch clearly disagreed however as it chose that moment to give an ominous crack and tip him unceremoniously on the floor. He didn't quite kiss the dirt, but it was close. He stumbled down the now nearly vertical and dangling tree limb with a lot of scrabbling and very little grace as he tried to prevent gravity catching up with him and sending him rump over ears. His descent ended with him sitting down heavily on his back side with an "Ooomph!" of expelled air. "Owww I think I bruised my butt Mim." He said plaintively standing up and craning his head round to see if there was any obvious damage to his rear end. There wasn't, the damage was mostly pride based.

"What rank are you gonna go for, Fe-fe?"

"Me? Felix said having had his fill of karma and deciding to sit down - a little gingerly on his glowing posterior-  opposite Mimsy and 'talk nicely' as his mother would have said. "Royal Guard" He said puffing his chest out, making his unimpressive form fluffier rather than bulkier as was his intention."I'm in training already!" He announced, though his solitary training hardly counted, "I'm going to be a Jacanda Dire" He added, not realizing that genetics were not a subject you could apply wishful thinking to. "Why don't you be one too?" He suggested helpfully, "Sure you're a bit weedy-" pot calling the kettle black, "But you can come train with me if ya want?"
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 06:11:48 AM by .Felix. »