Author Topic: shucksy-doodles [visiting]  (Read 341 times)

Offline Laramie [rp]

• Initiate
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 0
shucksy-doodles [visiting]
« on: February 26, 2017, 03:16:04 PM »
[l a r a m i e]
ooc; I hope this is okay! Nardir is on the very short list of packs Laramie might eventually join once since's explored a bit more and perhaps calmed down (AKA: I get more active). If not just let me know? She's mostly just wandering around, getting herself into scary situations and having more luck than any one has ever had.

She's not hurt or anything, her paw is a little sore but she's mostly just shaken up.

-------------------------

She had no idea where she'd gotten herself to, or how she'd gotten herself there, but here she was. Over-sized wolfish paws had carried her aimlessly from one location to the next, bright orange eyes forever scanning her surroundings. Laramie had never seen the world outside of the small slice of nomadic village she'd been a part of, fires and huts, weapons and collars and leads, smoke and livestock. It all seemed like a stressful blurr to her now, though it was perhaps only a little over a week ago; the reality was she probably still smelled strongly of her old home. But she was free now, no need to look backward, instead trekking further on forward whichever way the wind blew that day. It was very fun for the nine month old, she was seeing new plants and trees, new animals, new types of lands, rivers and streams and large lakes, smelling new smells, and finally learning to hunt a little bit.

Though the wolfdog was most certainly not the most skilled of hunters, it was one of those "I know how to do it in theory" things that she was struggling to apply having lived her whole life beforehand being fed. So luckily she'd left the village fat and happy, since she'd only managed so far to catch a few things that were already dead, and a very old, fat raccoon. So she was starting to feel a little thin in the skin, and the constant travel certainly didn't help any in the category of burning off fat storage. So at the current time, she found herself attempting to hunt again, this time, breaking one of the cardinal rules of hunting-- "never go for the biggest, healthiest looking one alone". So what did the tiny wolfdog do? She went for a doe in the prime of it's life, and realizing that as fast as she was, the young mutt was still outmatched.

And in danger.

She'd picked the wrong deer herd and was now being pursued by a buck as she pursued the doe.  Now she was just running, she just happened to still be behind the doe because she was too terrified to attempt to veer from the path. (Un)Fortunately for her, her front left paw suddenly met with a groundhog hole and she went flip-flopping over herself. "OH crap!" How ladylike, perhaps she should have said "shucksy-doodles". Laramie landed hard on her back and it knocked the wind out of her momentarily, feet from the Nardiri border. The buck was drawing closer now, his head lowering to attempt to knock her asunder with his large antlers, the mongrel was terrified, fighting to gain her footing from her position. The brown spotted maiden was wobbling on a weak paw when he came within striking distance, a large head will a rack full of antlers swung hard towards her.

But she managed to slip past them, running underneath the giant creature, her furry tail tucked tightly between her legs. Her paw still aching her she ran, finding cover under a up-sticking rock, jutting from the surface like a mini pride rock , though it didn't offer much cover, it might at least stop his horns when he swung. However, she did not ever get the opportunity to find out if her shelter was worthy or not, as the buck decided, after originally pivoting to give chase, that he was done and went off to check on his doe. Orange eyes stared out wildly, and slightly wet from fearful tears as the two creatures bounded off away from her. Ears pinned tight against her head, tail still tucked, whole body leaned and pressed hard against the rock, breathing ragged. "Th-th-that w-was terrifying..." tiny voice pipped gently, for once, the maiden was at a loss for words.

Slowly her muscles relaxed, and she drew her sore paw against her chest as she laid against the rock.
#DD3712

.profile.
.played by eclipse.

Offline Julek

• Leader
  • Regular
  • lunar king
  • Liked: 12
  • Likes Given: 8
Re: shucksy-doodles [visiting]
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 11:10:01 PM »

J U L E K

The long-lost king was finally back home. He awoke on his own land, filled with peace. While his mate had left to seek him out, leaving the pack in the care of the council and other members, he felt it necessary for him to stay. He could not justify leaving the land that he himself had claimed again - not after being gone long enough to warrant worry from his Queen and family.

He still felt badly that he had left them alone, with no warning, but he had returned safely and with new knowledge under his "belt," as it were.

One eye gleaming, the king climbed out of his den and headed to the border to do a favourite past-time of his - patrols. While he knew he could easily head through the heart of the territory to seek out those of his family who were still around, he felt driven on this lovely morning to lather his scent on his borders. Perhaps his mate would catch wind and return to him from her mission. He hoped that she would not be long, for he missed her deeply. His heart ached for her presence, her scent, the touch of her soft fur against his. His eyes shut momentarily as he remembered the last they had slept together in the most innocent of ways, peaceful in each other's warmth. Listening to the night sounds, listening to her sleeping breaths. Slow inhale, slow exhale. Slight murmur of sleep, which he responded to with a gentle lick on the head.

His eye flashed open, scarred eye muscles tugging at the empty socket of his once-red eye. The eye would not open, it had been stitched closed long ago and had sealed over. That scar came from a bear that had murdered both their head healer, Ailsa, and his longtime friend and advisor, Bulan. He had given the killing blow, jaws clamped around the bear's throat as it bore its weight down on him. His world had gone black until he rose - and then, it was half black. Since the accident, his vision had stabilized and he often didn't even notice the absence of vision that clouded his left side. He had to overcompensate with sweeping motions of his head at times, but he had never relied fully on sight. There was just so much you smelled and heard before you saw.

Like the stranger that was on his border. Her scent was thick with fear, mingling in with the furious, tangy taste of a buck defending its home. He could see the beast in the distance with its herd - clearly a late shedder, as the buck still had its antlers. The herd was beyond the territory, so none of the king's concern.

What was his concern was the tiny orange dog that lay under a rocky outcropping, panting and staring after the deer. It - she - muttered something in a pitiful voice and his ears pricked towards her. "Come out, he has gone," came his voice, thick with accent. He walked towards her, blue eye focused sharply on her form. He could neither smell nor hear any other. Her stench of fear was another indicator of her solitude. "You are on ze Nardiri border - who are you?"

dialogue
ooc ;; hihi

Offline Laramie [rp]

• Initiate
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 04:50:09 PM »
[l a r a m i e]
ooc; People are still welcomed and encouraged to join, watch Laramie have a break down and assume Julek is in fact a murderer, the more the merrier. Trying to break in her character a bit more, she's so talkative and that's weird for me XD

The buck slowly disappeared into the surrounding brush, Laramie was still tightly tucked against the rock formation when another heavy sound caught her attention. Fluffy, collie-like ears still pinned back against her head, fiery orange eyes still ablaze with fear and uncertainty. She'd barely had time to process what had happened, she didn't particularly understand why it had happened either, wolves hunted deer all the time. What if it was because she was only half wolf?! What if that was why she couldn't hunt anything well and why the buck had attacked her so unprovoked. Suddenly the young girl's mind was spinning with thoughts, so much so that even though she had originally heard Julek's approach, she had completely tuned out the large King's movements. What if all this meant that she'd have to go back to the village and live with the dogs that hated her? "I just- just-- just don'tundersTAND!" the wolfdog sputtered out in an upset tone before a heavy voice broke her pity party up.

Orange eyes turned then to focus on Julek, and Laramie froze, never in her life had she been this close to a wolf, and certainly not one this large, she was under the impression they didn't GET THIS LARGE. "Uh--uh, uhh, um.. Oh.." The mix breed was entirely terrified, part of her wanted to be afraid of him, tuck herself tigher against the rock and the other part was worried if she didn't listen she might meet the same fate as her mother had. The latter won out, and her legs wobbled, whole body shaking as she rose, tail still tucked between her legs. "I didn't mean to mess nothing up, so please don't be mad if I wasn't supposed to chase them deer... I'm just trying to find something to eat and it's not going very well cause I can't really get the hang of those whole hunting thing and I'mreallyscaredofyou." gulp and gasp for air, "I've never seen a wolf as big as you and I don't know what I'm supposed to do... and how did you get those big scars on your face?" Train derailed, and the frightened girl edged a little closer, head low to study the grayscale King's face.

Which was good because he was speaking to her again anyway, and she should probably be listening. This large man's voice was thick with an accent she had never heard before, and it tickled her ears in a strange way. It was both harsh, unpleasant, and yet cool and calm. She was still getting over his size, and had to look up at him to give her answer, pleasantly chirping her name as she'd forgotten her fear in the moment, "Hmm? Oh I'M LARAMIE! He he. I come from a village far away, but I wasn't happy there so I decided I wanted to go somewhere else and I was wondering around and now I'm here and I got chased by that mean deer with horns and I don't know why but I'm okay I think," for a moment the maiden glanced down at her paw, "my paw hurts a bit but I think it's okay! Who are youu?" Her fear had gone out the window, and she plopped down on her butt in front of the King,

"What is a Nardiri? Is that a breed of wolf? Are YOU a Nardiri? Is that why you are so big? Wait you said border..." wheels began to turn in her head little head, Laramie was naive, but she was not entirely a dolt. "Are you part of a-a-... wolf pack?" the nine month old rose then, taking a cautious step back, furry ears pressing against her skull again, eyes suddenly full of mistrust again. "I dunno much about wolf packs but they haven't been very nice to me. In fact the only one I ever knew killed momma cause she wouldn't let father see us..." an intelligent person might pick up on the difference between "momma" and "father" and the way they were said... "You're not like that are you? You don't seem to be but I'm not very good at these things yet but I don't think I did anything wrong, but I dunnoifI..."

Puppy dog eyes to Julek, your move King.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 04:53:59 PM by Laramie [rp] »
#DD3712

.profile.
.played by eclipse.

Offline Julek

• Leader
  • Regular
  • lunar king
  • Liked: 12
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 08:22:35 PM »

J U L E K

The dog sputtered in surprise as she took him in. He responded by not responding, instead watching her with amusement growing within him. She immediately stank of fear and he ignored it, understanding it as a proper response to seeing a wolf as formidable as the Bacchus. He allowed her to calm down, not adding to his question even as she rose, tail cupped under her.

"I didn't mean to mess nothing up, so please don't be mad if I wasn't supposed to chase them deer... I'm just trying to find something to eat and it's not going very well cause I can't really get the hang of those whole hunting thing and I'mreallyscaredofyou."

Had he been his brother - Saelac, that is - he would have probably laughed. Though, honestly he probably would have toyed with her a bit. It had been so long since he had seen his dear brother, wherever the red and grey hound had run off to. "You were on free land, you need not apologize." Though had she chased the deer onto the Nardir land, he might have had some complaints - but only if there had been a kill. If she just so happened to have moved the herd onto his land, it would have meant more prey for his family. As it was, the deer probably would not return to this point anytime soon and would not become part of his food chain. I rekommend ze rabbit - zey do not fight back so much. A rabbit's kick could not shatter a wolf - or dog -'s skull.

"I've never seen a wolf as big as you and I don't know what I'm supposed to do... and how did you get those big scars on your face?"

Her lack of composure amused him and he was not offended by the question. In his time in the wilds, he had met many that were curious about the scars, but not so many were confident or stupid enough to ask him. "Ze scars are from ze bear zat was attacking my pack. He is dead now." He himself had given the killing blow, jaws clamped onto throat. He had emerged from that kill with the world half dark. "Ze eye was red." He missed it, as the heterochromia had been a small thing he'd taken pride in. The scar was badass, anyhow.

"Hmm? Oh I'M LARAMIE! He he. I come from a village far away, but I wasn't happy there so I decided I wanted to go somewhere else and I was wondering around and now I'm here and I got chased by that mean deer with horns and I don't know why but I'm okay I think,"

"Antler," he corrected quickly, "Deer do not have horns." The deer around the border could be quite fierce, especially to a predator who was so small.

"my paw hurts a bit but I think it's okay! Who are youu?"

He considered the question and her overall attitude. "I am Julek, king of Nardir." He indicated towards the territory behind him with a toss of his tail, steel eye remaining on hers. Had she heard of Nardir before?

"What is a Nardiri? Is that a breed of wolf? Are YOU a Nardiri? Is that why you are so big? Wait you said border... Are you part of a-a-... wolf pack?"

That answered that question. She appeared to become more fearful at that realization and he inhaled slowly. He did not react to her mistrust "Nardir is my pack, yes."

"I dunno much about wolf packs but they haven't been very nice to me. In fact the only one I ever knew killed momma cause she wouldn't let father see us... I dunno much about wolf packs but they haven't been very nice to me. In fact the only one I ever knew killed momma cause she wouldn't let father see us... You're not like that are you? You don't seem to be but I'm not very good at these things yet but I don't think I did anything wrong, but I dunno if I..."

"Nardir is different - we velcome refugees and the injured." If he did not extend the offer, he knew his mate would not be too happy. He did pick up on the difference in the girl's tone between "Momma" and "Father" but was uncertain of the reasoning behind it. "Why - your mother and your father..." He was asking her why the wolf pack sought out her mother with fangs bared and why her mother would not allow the canine that she had been with... He had a suspicion. "Vas your mother dog and your father wolf?" That would explain why a wolf pack would hunt down the mother - if the father was a member of the pack and was being kept from his children. If she gave an affirmative answer, he would continue, "We have many - wolf and dog - together. No fighting, no inkilling." The few times they'd had fights, consequences had been dealt. A banishment in one case, for a wolf who had been claiming respected pack members were spies or traitors.

dialogue
ooc ;;

Offline Laramie [rp]

• Initiate
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 09:35:37 PM »
[l a r a m i e]
ooc; i'm literally such a quiet, soft-spoken person in RL that laramie is like an electric shock to me XD

Amusement twinkled in the eyes of the terrify behemoth before her, the little wolfdog was unsure as to whether she should take this as an insult or not. The still frightened side of her decided she should probably just let whatever offense she took go, it certainly wouldn't do with a predator the size of a small horse standing in front of her. The large man stated that the section of land she was currently hunkered down on was "free land", in Laramie's mind that read as "safe zone". Or God she hoped so... After all, the maiden wasn't very familiar with the rules of engagement for wolves and their mingling and... mauling. So instead she sucked in a deep breath of air and let it out hard, trying to gather herself with an attitude more akin to a young lady. It failed almost immediately at the King's heavily accented recommendation of the rabbit, Nardir's borders were a lovely restaurant apparently.

"I recommend the rabbit, we serve it with a side of not being put in mortal danger."

"Y'know rabbit actually sounds really good," her stomach rumbled, "Just ain't seen none around here so far, everything is really good at hiding from me in the little holes and stuff and," queue recognition of something different that she hadn't addressed the first time, "why do you sound like that? Like your words are all jumbled up? I mean, YOU'RE saying it WRONG aren't you? You have to know that right?" Confusion and bewilderment were spread across her face, eyebrow perked, after all, this stranger had to know he sounded funny right? But what if.... "Oh God. IS IT ME THAT'S NOT SAYING IT RIGHT? I mean it seems right, everyone I've ever heard sounded like that, is it a wolf thing?" Her stomach grumbled again, and she bowed her head to look down at it and frown, "I'm still learning..."

At nine months old most wolves and mixes could hunt on their own, but Laramie had been severely disadvantaged in the village. When he answered her question about his scars, her jaw dropped, had it been a cartoon, it would have fell off and been impossible to reattach. "YOU KILLED A BEAR?! How the eff do you kill a bear?!" Language Laramie! Mother would be mad, "Oh crap. Sorry. OH! DAMNIT! AHH. I'M SORRY. I'lldobetter." A sharp frown would pull across her face and she'd stomp her hurt paw angrily, only to realize it was in fact hurt and draw it back against her chest with a swift motion. Then the second part of his clicked into her intel processor, "Your eyes were two different colors? How does that happen?"

But like most of the thoughts that worked their way into Laramie's brain, it swiftly exited when he corrected her next words. "Antler... Not horn? Cause it's all fugly instead of straight?" Fugly wasn't a swear word right? She'd nod her head as she looked at him, "I'll try to remember that..." Fiery orange eyes narrowed, deep in thought, trying to force the word into her memory banks, sending her mind scrambling to locate if she'd heard it before. Her concentration was broken when the grey giant finally produced a name, Julek. An interesting name, but the title afterward was what caught her interest, "King?" WOW ONLY ONE WORD? She mulled over it, "Is that'a alph--?" The words "my pack" made possession clear in Laramie's mind, if only her mind. "YeahIguessso... WAIT, so does that mean ALLLLLLL of that back there is yours?" Curiosity was eating at her until she thought about how many wolves could be in large as spacious as the area behind him.

By this point all the fear and caution she had thrown to the wind had came back, so when the dark King said they were different Laramie was excited. Incredibly naive to just believe with out any proof from a man who had admitted to killing a bear. A man the size of small horse, a wolf, one with a funny way of speaking at that. She was worse than Snow White taking that poisoned ass apple as her ears perked up and she lifted herself off the ground. The wolfdog was about to speak when the King seemed to pick up on her words and question her lineage, "Yeah. He was a wolf," a wrinkle of disgust would pull onto her face before looking at Julek with frightened eyes, "OH SORRY." A bashful, oops face showed up on the woman, was it too late to say 'no offense'? His last statement caught her off guard however, and whatever look of embarrassment or fear was erased and replaced instead with one of skepticism.

"Wolves and dogs living together with no problems? Y'gotta know that that's just something I've never heard of. Ain't no dog I ever been around had nothin' nice to say about a wolf, and if they did, it still wasn't enough to go living with them? This place has gotta be crazy different." The mix decided with an affirmative nod at Julek, expression still foiled with skepticism, but it would soon fade into something a little more pensive; decidedly sad. "What about the ones stuck in the middle? Like ME. Like I gotta decide what one I'm supposed to be but when I try and choose one it's wrong!" Ears pinned back against her head, "When I was in the village, it was wrong to be a wolf, when I met him," full of loathing "it was wrong to be a dog. Do you have any of those? Or do they not have a place in your world either?" The last part would have been accusatory if it wasn't for the hurt in her words instead. Frowning at Julek with the same puppy dog eyes she had previously.

#DD3712

.profile.
.played by eclipse.

Online .eclipse. [busy!]

• Hero
  • Liked: 450
  • Likes Given: 432
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 05:16:32 PM »
ooc| aggressive sobbing.