Author Topic: come, thou fount of every blessing (r2; open clinic)  (Read 228 times)

Offline East

• the moon has taken the night sky hostage
  • Saboro
  • Initiate
  • and the wishes of the stars go unheard
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 1
come, thou fount of every blessing (r2; open clinic)
« on: February 24, 2017, 03:54:58 AM »

Laid out neatly before East were her herb caches, all neatly organized in different small bags made of giant leaves and sticky sap to secure them. A small hole in the top was the only opening, secured with a thick mushroom stem and cap. The half-hellion's muzzle split in a pleased smile, East sighing contentedly. Today was a big day for her; it was the first time she was going to hold an open clinic.

Her time spent as a Chemist had been more gathering and grinding herbs than actually helping heal the wounds of others. No one really knew that she was a doctor, East supposed. Really, it was more likely that her reclusive attitude since the loss of Estein was to blame, but East didn't want to think about that.

The hound had brought out everything that she needed: herbs, mushrooms, small puffs of cotton that could be stretched into effective gauze, dried fern strips for tying gauze around wounds, a clay bowl and her grinding stone to make poultices and salves, and miscellaneous other tools and useful items to aid in her craft.

East had set up shop in a highly-trafficked area of the second ring. The area was mostly rocks and moss with tall ferns and a nearby stream. It was a great place to hold an open clinic, and although East hoped no one really needed her services, the idea of actually doing her job was a little exciting to the Chemist. Not only was it fantastic practice and a good way to spend her time, it was a decent way to meet her fellow Saborans - and East had learned from experience that most wolves were grateful and more friendly towards those who could help ease pain.

A light mist hung low in the air as the sun began to make it's climb into the sky, illuminating the world as it rose. East welcomed the warm rays on her lithe mottled body as she waited for her first patient to arrive.

open to 2-3 people, hoping to have East actually do something as a Chemist lol

profilebin#258f52played by silokk

look outside, the wilderness
the wilderness is calling our names
the blackest skies, the daunting stars
the desert sun, melting our cold hearts

if you feel like the spark has gone
we just need a place where we can belong

look outside at the raw beauty
the good work of a billion years
the blackest wine in front of me
drink up, little boy
and wash down your tears

los angeles, you took care of me
i raise my broken glass to your sanctuary

Offline Coronach

• Saboro
  • Initiate
  • This is your personal text.
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: come, thou fount of every blessing (r2; open clinic)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 09:24:00 AM »
The young Jackdaw was in the second ring near a stream, an angry look on his face.

He couldn’t believe his luck. Or rather, lack of it. Coronach had just wanted to go hunting, but instead he found himself a badger with a nasty attitude and even nastier claws. At first he was going to back off and let it be, but then he wondered what the other Jackdaws would think. What Leaf would think if he just turned tail and ran. What good would he be? So instead of picking his battles, he turned to the badger and snarled a challenge, standing his ground.

He probably should have picked his battles better.

The fight began, snarls and yelps mixing in the air as Coronach snapped and swiped and dodged around the badger. Maybe it was also a secret desire to let out some of his pent up anger towards something that would react and also not get him in trouble. Slaves were another option, but the badger had appeared first.

With a final well placed (or perhaps lucky) bite, the badger was at last killed and limp nearby as Coronach was on his belly with his front leg stretched out before him as he licked at a nasty looking claw mark left by the bastard. It had mostly stopped bleeding heavily, but it was still leaking the red substance and he grudgingly decided maybe it was best to seek out a Chemist. Go effing figure, he couldn’t even get through a fight without having to get bandaged up.

Getting up, gingerly placing weight on his leg, Coronach attempted to hide his limp as he went towards the first chemist he could find. The limp was still obvious to those who paid attention, and eventually he would find the Chemist that had set up the clinic. Bi-colored eyes glanced at the wolf for a few moments, eyeing her and the herbs set up, before speaking. “Excuse me, is this a clinic?” he asked, looking around before returning his gaze to her. “Could you… possibly look at my leg?” As if it wasn’t already obvious he had a large laceration there that was still bleeding.

Plus a few other cuts on his face and sides. He was a mess.

Coronach's profile
-=played by Moons since 04/01/2016=-

Offline East

• the moon has taken the night sky hostage
  • Saboro
  • Initiate
  • and the wishes of the stars go unheard
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 02:27:46 AM »

The coppery smell of drying blood alerted East to the man's approach and need of assistance long before her spoke. Was it wrong of her to feel giddy about this? It felt wrong because someone was injured, but good because she could help them - her first real job as a Chemist.

“Excuse me, is this a clinic? Could you… possibly look at my leg?”

A polite patient was the best kind of patient, in East's opinion. The hound smiled and nodded, long ears swaying back and forth with the motion. "Of course. Come closer," she said, waving him closer with a dainty paw. When he did, the hound began to inspect the large wound on his foreleg. Very recent, relatively clean, still bleeding but not terribly so. "What did this?" East inquired, curious as to what manner of beast it was that the man was fighting.

Her inspection of the wound complete, East began to gather up everything she needed to treat the injured wolf. Small paws mixed comfey, dock leaves, and goldenrod together, grinding them into a fine mix in a makeshift mortar and pestle made from a coconut and an oblong rock. The sticky insides of a few aloe vera stalks made for a perfect bonding agent, allowing East to scoop the mixture up with a leaf. "This might sting a bit," the Chemist warned, emerald eyes flickering to the young man's face for a moment before she returned her focus to the wound. Carefully and gently, East began to apply the medicinal ointment to the Jackdaw's gash, spreading it in and making sure it covered the area completely.

"That should stop the bleeding and prevent infection. I'll make a bandage for you." The hound selected a large broadleaf and two pieces of yucca plant strands. If permitted, East would wrap the broadleaf around the youth's leg so that it covered the wound, loose but secure enough to keep it clean and dry. To secure the leaf, she tied it at the top and bottom with the yucca plant fiber strands. "This will keep it nice and clean. Try to keep it dry, and try to take it easy for a couple of days. Whenever you feel the wound scab over, you can take the bandage off." East inspected her handy work, pleased with the outcome and how she had handled everything overall.

Still, the young man did look a little rough still, with smaller scrapes all over him. "Anything else I can do for you?"

profilebin#258f52played by silokk

the blackest skies, the daunting stars
the desert sun, melting our cold hearts

if you feel like the spark has gone
we just need a place where we can belong

look outside at the raw beauty
the good work of a billion years
the blackest wine in front of me
drink up, little boy
and wash down your tears

los angeles, you took care of me
i raise my broken glass to your sanctuary

Offline Coronach

• Saboro
  • Initiate
  • This is your personal text.
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 05:36:10 PM »
He approached even though he felt odd to be asking for help. It was a much better option to just go take care of it himself, but even he wasn't stupid enough to do that. It wouldn't do if he had a limp as a Jackdaw, what good would he be? That was why he was here, now, facing the potential embarrassment (in his mind) of coming to get help from a healer. "Of course. Come closer." He looked at her, ears back, and he scooted over, holding his paw up as he approached. Once near enough, he settled, allowing her to look at the injury.

"What did this?" Oh, great. Now he has to admit what he was fighting. He wanted to say something interesting like a bear, or maybe even a deer kicking back. Coronach's ears went back and he looked away, reluctant to admit it. But he knew he had to say something. "A uh... a badger..." he finally admitted to the Chemist, soft words being uttered with sheepishness. Despite what he said, she got up and began to gather things she would need, it seems. Interest piqued, he looked at her again and watched as she gathered her things.

She came back, and he watched her work on his leg. "This might sting a bit," was the warning before it was applied. He hissed through his teeth, but was otherwise silent as he watched. "That should stop the bleeding and prevent infection. I'll make a bandage for you." Coronach nodded, continuing to watch the process of the healing. It was a little fascinating, but not something he would probably do himself as a rank. "This will keep it nice and clean. Try to keep it dry, and try to take it easy for a couple of days. Whenever you feel the wound scab over, you can take the bandage off."

Coronach looked at the newly healed wound, and he nodded to show he understood. "Anything else I can do for you?" He looked at her, thinking about the other injuries he had on his face. Eehhhh, it was bad enough that he had come to get checked out for the one on his leg... "Nah, it's okay. Thank you though." Coronach remained sitting, and just kinda sat there. What did you do now?

Coronach's profile
-=played by Moons since 04/01/2016=-