Author Topic: Khajiit has wares, if you have coin~ [RABIES AUCTION]  (Read 967 times)

Offline Raikov

• Leader
  • Master
  • Captain & Scoundrel
  • Liked: 169
  • Likes Given: 93
Khajiit has wares, if you have coin~ [RABIES AUCTION]
« on: January 22, 2017, 01:20:39 PM »
[Auction for Rabies Whelps. Extra information can be found here. You can offer strips, or services or both. Those that need to be here are;

- Atton ✔
- Celeste ✔
- Mako ✔
- Sinbad ✔
- Elijah
- Zelos ✔
- Moxie

Deep down, the Captain knew this day would come. The day where they would have to start the Auction once more, to get their young up and ready for the next stage after this; the Odyssey. It was a mentor system, designed to forge better bonds and to prepare them for adulthood. But Raikov was always selfish at the best of times, and allowed himself to lay just a little longer with his babies before he would have to get them up. His tail flickered to lie over Hebe's as they snoozed, the sun barely creeping up over the Eastern sea. The Captain's cabin was littered with blankets, soft pillows and treasures. The family slept upon a large human bed, the mattress filled with fluffy feathers that provided heat as they slept.

”C'mon, my wee sharks. S'time.” He'd coo, nose nudging each of their plump bodies as they slept to rouse them. Raikov's tongue slipped out to groom each one, both to keep them looking handsome and beautiful while serving to wake them further. With a great reluctance, the Captain shifted his body to begin the walk. His tail flickered playfully behind them as one by one they each got up and about, following him like little ducklings.

He had organised and finished auctions many, many times in the past. But they were never his. His sweet babies that were still so vulnerable and precious to the world. This was an age old custom they had been doing since the early El Dorado days. But it was still hard. At least for Raikov as a parent. Brielle, bless her, had offered to do this but he felt it was only right. He should be the one to do this, should be the one to explain and be there for them.

With a heavy heart, Raikov motioned for them to sit at the base of a large rock; nosing at their little faces with a loving nuzzle. ”No matter what happens today, Daddy loves ye all very much.” Another coo as he kissed them, well before any auctioneers turned up, though even if they did Raikov didn't care. They were his babies.

With that, the Captain would straighten, muscles springing him up onto the rock as he perched above them like a hungry vulture. His head would tilt back to summon the pirates to the auction. The first in their new home, to guide and to teach the next generation what it meant to be a true pirate of Tortuga, to survive. ”TORTUGA!!” He'd roar, a summon for those that gathered, to drill excitement and temptation into each of them. But his sulphur eyes would also be cast to judge. ”Today is the Auction fer my brood; royalty of the next generation! Strong, loyal, beautiful in all aspects. Come spend yer pretty pennies educatin' these Whelps what it means to be a Tortugan pirate, what it means to thrive.” He'd boom, chest puffing as he started the introduction while his paws gripped the rock below him; tail lashing behind him.

”Ask 'em questions, anythin' ya want. When ye satisfied, place yer bid. All earnings go to the Sharks. If ye have no strips, offer ye services an we'll deem its worth.” Strips were preferred, of course. But Tortuga was a land of opportunity, even those without strips could try, could offer. That didn't mean at all it would be accepted. But they could ask, it may be worth more than they thought. Though Raikov almost wished none of them would tur up to bid, so he could tuck his little sharks against his chest and take them back home.

”Ye may begin.”
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 11:27:46 AM by Jadeth »

"A lion doesn’t concern himself with the
opinions of a sheep."

I wanna see your animal side
Let it all out
I wanna see the dirt
Under your skin
I need your broken promises

I want the guts and glory baby yeah, baby yeah
This town is wasted and alone

But we are alive
Here in death valley
But don't take love off the table yet
'Cause tonight it's just fire alarms and losing you

We love a lot
So we only lose a little
But we are alive, we are alive, we are alive

Profile || #D2C753

Offline Sinbad

• Tortuga
  • Initiate
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Khajiit has wares, if you have coin~ [RABIES AUCTION]
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 02:11:24 PM »

All chicks flew the nest, even Raikov's. It didn't make it any less intimidating for the brindled child. But it seemed silly: he was the largest of them, a brute of fur, muscle and fat, still rolling around in puppy paunch but with the makings of a future force to be reckoned with. And yet here he was, with the beginnings of anxiety beginning to bubble in his throat. He wasn't supposed to be scared; he was supposed to tbe the meat shield that protected his smaller siblings, his more nervous siblings. For a moment, his eyes shot to them, and the adolescent found himself pining. It might be the last time they were ever together, all in one place, at one time.

But life went on.

He was the first to step up, standing tall - already so tall - and puffing out his chest, displaying his physique as much as he could. He knew he was a tough cookie, and he hoped that standing proud, like his father, would disguise the nervousness in his heart. It was time to introduce himself.

"I'm Sinbad; I'm good at wrestling, swimming and hunting, but I'm not so good with herbs. I wanna be a Torch, when I'm older," might as well put it out there, "And I wanna get tattoos!" They were so cool, they made any bland nobody look mean. He was reminded, momentarily, of his deceased aunt Eros, who had been inked to high hell, and brave and strong. He nodded, firmly. Tattoos meant Tortuga.

He waited for any bids, or any questions, eyes darting around the crowd. Who would speak? Would anyone want him? He hoped so. It'd be really embarrassing, otherwise.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

my house in budapest
         my hidden treasure chest
         golden grand piano
         my beautiful castillo
         for you i'd leave it all
         ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Offline Celeste

• Tortuga
  • Initiate
    • My status
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 02:46:09 PM »
Celeste followed Sinbad closely, their shoulders practically bumping together as they walked. Already there was a huge height difference between them, and Sinbad could so easily look over Celeste’s head. Where he was a tank, she was lithe, slim underneath the huge mass of fur that shimmered as she walked. Perhaps she should have looked more into developing her skills than simply maintaining her pelt and causing havoc with her brother, but the worry didn’t even cross her face as Raikov motioned them into place.

She sat, her tail swishing behind her as her father spoke. Wide eyes moved from him to rove over anyone who appeared, sizing them up. Would she want to be bought by any of them? Could she put up a fight if she didn’t like them? Probably not. She huffed, rolling her eyes. Peering around at her siblings, she attempted to make eye contact with Mako. Of all of them, he likely felt how she did.

It was Sinbad who stepped up first, and Celeste watched as he said his bit, her eyes wide. He seemed so much like their father already. He nodded, and she smirked, moving to her feet before any of the others could steal her spot. She was next. She brushed against her brother as she took her place, her eyes moving over the gathered Tortugans again. She could end up with any of these people.

I’m Celeste, she shifted, placing her paws closer together. She was dainty; a lady. I’m pretty good at fighting and hunting, and I can track things well. I’m good at talking to people, too. She grinned, her tail wagging. With a glance to Raikov, she hummed. I want to be a Siren. The best Siren. Just as Sinbad had, she nodded firmly, indicating she was finished. So began the wait for questions or bids. Her eyes looked amongst the crowd for a familiar face, and anxiety began to flutter in her chest.

This was it.

CELESTE - played by effie
~ #B2CCCF

Offline Zelos

• Tortuga
  • Initiate
  • Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 07:41:54 PM »
”C'mon, my wee sharks. S'time.”

Waking to his father's voice, Zelos rolled over for a moment, wondering what exactly it was time for. Adventures to the sea weren't usually a family affair, though the striped boy did so love mornings with the tide sighing in his ears and the bright light of the sun on his fur. Lately, he'd noticed that things were a little blurry, especially out further, but he'd kept forgetting to mention the problem to his Da's. As he rose, a yawn splitting his maw, he suddenly remembered.

Auction day!

With budding excitement flaring to life in his chest, he ran a hurried paw over himself, attempting to rub sleep-ruffled fur into some semblance of neatness before he followed his siblings and Raikov from the den. He'd make sure that he was beside Moxie as they walked along, nudging his sister with his shoulder in gentle reassurance, grinning roguishly at her. Of the litter, he shared a special bond with the other girl, even moreso than the rest, all of whom shared a special place in his heart. They were all loved by the fish-tailed boy, but Moxie and he were kindred spirits.

And so he'd settle at the base of the large rock with Raikov nosing him in turn, offering a small kiss to his dad's muzzle before murmuring a quick "Love ye, Da!" Nerves were not something the boy often felt, and it was with marked confidence and a relaxed vibe coming off him that he settled into place, sitting with his odd tail curled around him, citrus eyes watching with excitement as others approached. Sinbad went first, and as usual, Celeste followed swiftly behind. Zelos held no jealousy towards the two for being the first to speak up, so comfortable and secure in his own skin that he simply fell in line once they were done.

Standing up for his turn, the striped red, sand, and shadow boy who smelled of salt stepped forward and grinned out at the crowd.

"M'name's Zelos," he said, his expression intense but friendly. "No one love th'sea like I do, and 'm also real partial to herbs and th'like. I can fight'n'swim too, but I wanna be a Striker like m'Da, and Cap'n someday after him." That grin turned roguish as he glanced back and up at Raikov, tail wagging at the thought that he could follow in his dad's footsteps. "But I'll start with Striker or Ghoul, yeah?"

Unlike his more reserved siblings, Zee hardly worried about the person who would buy him today. Sure, he was going to miss going home to his family every night, but there was no reason he couldn't still visit them all, right? And while he didn't know who would bid on him, he knew they'd treat him right because who would dare mistreat one of the Captain's own? As long as his new mentor taught him stuff and didn't try to keep him from his visits home or to the sea, Zelos had little care to who took him.

Settling back down, he looked offered a reassuring wink to any sibling who looked like they needed that extra boost.

Ain't shady baby
I'm hot like the prodigal son.
Pick a petal, eeny meeny miny mo
And flower, you're the chosen one

Well your left hand's free
And your right's in grip
With another left hand
Watch his right hand slip
Towards his gun
Oh no.

I tackle, we tussle
And oh my days we're rolling
My right hand's gripped on his
Colt, single action army.
Oh no.

#8B3A3A
- Played by Red -

Offline Albatross [RP]

• Tortuga
  • Regular
  • Liked: 35
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 08:08:21 PM »
Ah, the newest generation. Finally the little hellions of Raikov's were ready to spread their wings and soar, and Albatross had prepared for this moment. Although she wasn't sure she was bidding today, the porcelain girl snatched up her bag of personal treasures and followed the sounds of the children being led across the deck of the old ship. She smiled around her goods as she ambled after, knowing that even if she didn't choose a child to mentor personally, they were all welcome to come to her if they needed anything. At the least, the monochrome wolf would be there to supervise and to act as Loan Shark.

She still hadn't recruited anyone to her rank, but she wanted someone promising, who wanted more than just a high rank. Zelos seemed intrigued by her duties, but she wasn't sure if he liked it for the jobs, or if it was merely the treasure that sang to his blood. A twinkle in her eye was visible as she thought fondly of the curse of gold that ran in their veins, from Rita and Shark down to this newest litter. They'd been born into the right pack, that was certain!

As Raikov spoke, Albatross bobbed her head along in agreement with all he said, nodding in reassurance to the children seeking familiarity in this uncertain time. Their aunt would watch out for them, just as their parents would, that was certain. Once they'd all gathered and settled in, she'd watch the show that was guaranteed to be impressive and was thus far not disappointed.

Sinbad was a go-getter, showy and keen to puff himself up to look even bigger. Indeed, the largest of the bunch, and an interesting greenish shade, he would likely catch the eye of those wanting to foster those traits.

Celeste seemed to take her cues from her brother, and Albatross's eyes twinkled as she adjusted her posture to look more refined. A Siren, hmm? She could absolutely see the promise there, but it was for another to bid on her. The Loan Shark knew nothing about Sirens besides what she'd absorbed from being raised by her favorite Quartermaster, Brielle. (That was clearly a lie, she tells herself. It's obviously a tie between Brielle and Eremiel, who was she kidding?) Still, the girl was pretty, reminding her of her own monochrome colors, though touched with a little more color.

At Zelos, Albatross couldn't help a low bubble of laughter. Captain indeed! The boy was clearly Raikov and Hebe's son, that much was obvious, in more ways than appearance alone. Alby was charmed by him, his fish tail marked him well enough to onlookers, but she still held out, waiting for the rest to make their marks or not.

In the meantime, with a glance at Raikov, she'd standby to receive any monetary bids being placed, marking the bids aloud for those just arriving. "C'mon you louts! It doesn't get any better than the Captain's whelps! Call out yer bids so I can keep my strips!" she cajoled the onlookers sweetly, her laugh crystalline and mercury eyes dancing.

In my left hand there is the familiar
In my right hand there's the great unknown
I can see the madly different grass there
But I'm drawn to wilder nights at home

Don't listen to your friends
See the despair behind their eyes
They only care once in a while

I can feel the draw,
I can feel it pulling me back,
It's pulling me back,
It's pulling me.

#C48E48
- Played by Red -

Offline Mako.

• Tortuga
  • Initiate
  • Where's your ship, peasants?
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 11:16:30 PM »
The big day had finally come and Mako already wanted to tell it to eff off. Raikov licked his head, the tuft of white fur curled neatly and Mako's flaming orange eye opened slowly to see his father looming overhead to wake his children. "I'm up Nahno, I'm up." He grumbled, half asleep. Mako stretched his legs, kicking someone but not hard. This was the last time he would sleep in this pile with his siblings. Probably even the last time he would sleep in the ship at all. For a moment he took it all in, staring at the ceiling, grayed with age and salt. It was warm here. Safe here. But life wasn't always that way. Today he would be bought, as others before him, and he would take his place in line.

The walk to the auction site was quiet enough amongst his siblings, and until they got there, Mako brooded. He strode along behind Sinbad and Celeste, close to Zelos with a generally crapty expression. It wasn't until Raikov told them that no matter what, he would still love them, that Mako decided to act right. As much as he hated the idea of going home with a commoner, he hated the idea of going home a failure even more. If his siblings all got bids and he was the only one to return home with his Nahno, he would be embarrassed. No, mortified.

The young prince straightened himself, tho there wasn't much to puff up like Sinbad. He was big. Lots bigger than Mako, as he was shorter like Celeste. Mako was also more slender than his beefy brother, due to Bermuda Syndrom,  in which he was still unaware. All he knew was that no matter how much he ate, he was still a little underweight, his body more lean than bulk. Even now he was starving and hoped his stomach wouldn't give him away. Then he thought a little further... what if no one wanted a half blind Whelp? Now that was a thought. The milky, pale blue eye was obviously sightless, it had been since the boy was born and he was used to it, but would an adult see it that way?

Sinbad stepped up and spoke first, followed closely by Celeste, then Zelos. It was no surprise the jobs they were interested in. Especially Celeste. Everything about her screamed Siren so he knew she would be a dead ringer for the position. What caught his attention most however, was Zelos saying he wanted to be Captain someday. Mako's eyes shifted to his brother, his devil curved ears twitching. Now that was ambitios. Too bad Mako wanted it too. When it was his turn, Mako left that part out intentionally. He didn't want to repeat everything his siblings said, and perhaps it would be better if he didn't let the bar be set too high for him. If he said Captain, the others would have a high standard for him. If he failed, in his mind, it would be worse. 

"I'm Mako. Fightin', swimmin', same as them." He motioned his head to the other three that spoke before him. "crap at herbs but.... I like ta kill sharks..." It was a newfound hobby, thanks to Yuri, Caligula, and that weird old guy that buries crap on the beach... what was his name again? Sully. Sure, he'd only killed one shark and it was already almost dead, but he did like it and hoped to do it again sometime, if for no other reason than to keep others from getting eaten. "I think I'd like to try bein' a Ghoul. Torch, or maybe even a Gunner." The boy stepped back, having said his piece, as awkward as it was, and hoped that he didn't eff up too bad.

Fic Trash Rabbit: Baal picks Mako up and pets him aggressively "I shall call him... Mini Me"
Winchester: OMFG
Winchester: DR. EVIL AND MINI ME
Warning, this character suffers Bermuda Syndrome. His actions in no way reflect my personal opinions. If you have any concerns, feel free to PM me*

Offline Jadeth

• Leader
  • Hero
  • Captain of the USS IDS
    • My status
    • Deviantart
  • Liked: 1229
  • Likes Given: 1629
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 11:27:30 AM »
[PS PEOPLE CAN POST TO CLAIM KIDDIES NOW!!!!!]

“The ones who love us never really leave us. And you can always find them in here.”
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °
~ Art Thread 2017 ~

[07/12/2016 22:33:00] Sinpai: ANONYMOUS KRAKEN NEEDS TO GET THEIR BITCH ASS AWAY FROM MY ADDRESS

Offline Baal~

• Tortuga
  • Regular
  • don't you lift him LET HIM DROWN ALIVE
  • Liked: 54
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 12:03:24 AM »
She had been an apprentice once, to the Coxswain.  Her own sister, a lady who had disappeared after a while.  The Kraken found herself missing her old sister sometimes, but never terribly.  She didn't feel emotional pain, right?  She didn't regret throwing her own sister into the terrible, rocky crags, right?  Baal is Bermuda.  Baal feels nothingRight?  Singed and burned skin crackled into a crap-eating yellow-toothed smile and stared down at Triteia with hungry dragon eyes, her power and rank spawning from that one betrayal.  All it took, was that one slap in the face,

and she had everything.

But did she.  DID SHE?  Starving serpent eyes fell upon the whelps up for auction like livestock.  She counted heads, breathed in the scent of shedding milk teeth and rising hope, and her scarred frame would lean close to one of them.  Hm, Sinbad, he called himself.  She sized him up, forked tongue slithering in her mouth.  Not this one.  She glanced up to her own brother, the Captain, the only relative that still said her name with some love left.

Well, there was Portia, but the plesiosaur had failed to see her silver sister in a very long time.  Maybe she sank with the others, Trout cooed into one curled ear.  Triteia.  Baal's head snapped and jaws closed on nothing beside her, clacking on thin air.  Ruby eyes watched, for a moment, with near disbelief that she hadn't grabbed anything.  That Trout wasn't there.

You killed Trout, Baal scolded herself, a small high-pitched voice she hadn't uttered in a very long time.  It's Triteia now.  You killed Trout.  Her head turned back, slowly, and as if nothing happened, she clacked her pronged tongue and moved on to the next.  Mentally scar one child at a time, starting with Sinbad.  It wasn't her intention, but that seemed to be what she was doing.  She moved on to Celeste, sniffing once at the tiny niece with nicked pink nose.  Siren?  She didn't want that one.

Zelos was a pretty one, she had only begun to sniff at him before the... other one caught her eye.  She furrowed a brow at first, watching his movements, how he moved his head and spoke.  Insecure.  Insignificant.  The pack saw a terribly-cloaked nervous wreck; Baal saw the next Kraken, if not a vicious Gunner or Torch.  She moved in, curled long dragon claws around him in a cage of control, forcing him to watch his own heart transform from crimson to a lightless inkwell.  Pale lips smiled benignly.  She stepped back from Zelos, dual magma eyes looking up to her brother.

"I think I'd like t'spend that favor, Captain," that favor, granted with the twenty strips handed to her in return for Trout's tail.  He may have regretted the action, but the strips, and the favor, were still hers.  If her dear brother refused, she wouldn't mind.  She had strips to spend.  A tattoo to save up for, but other than that, her change was loose.  "For strong Mako here."  Her smile beamed at Mako.  I will make you something great.  Tortuga will remember you.  Her brother must have known that his sister would take care of his baby like her own, after all, he'd granted the Kraken a husband and new pups wriggling, someday soon, deep in her cave.

Double bubble disco queen headed to the guillotine
Skin as cool as Steve McQueen, let me be your killer king
It hurts until it stops, we will love until it's not

Baal.  |  #0C0C0D

Offline Triteia (Trout)

• In another life, everything is great.
  • Tortuga
  • Apprentice
  • I was never a gambler.
  • Liked: 47
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2017, 12:33:48 PM »
When it was Triteia standing on the auction block, she had been blinded by the spotlight's glare. Overwhelmed by anxiety, she had bellowed nonsense into the crushing void of critical faces, and in the process, had convinced everyone in the audience that there was something not quite right with that girl. Fortunately, the debacle hadn't reflected too poorly on her - for whatever reason, Mortar had seen a glint of potential hiding behind the bluster. Triteia never got the mentor that she was promised, but she did earn something far more valuable: a family, and emotional support that was desperately needed after the wildfire. Eremiel's kindness had never faltered. Not once. Not even when it was inconvenient to him. Not even when she was made a slave.

Back then, she had wanted to be a Torch. Funny.

Triteia had to admit, the fact she was attending her first auction as a prospective buyer was... different. Intimidating. After all, these were Raikov's children. He may have wanted to make amends, but Triteia still knew better than to trust him. She would not turn his back on him, unless it was to remind him of what he had done to her. Fool me once, shame on you, but fool me twice...

The arrowheads she obtained in her Odyssey now chattered together in her knapsack like nervous teeth. Stored along with them were the strips she earned as her first payment as Striker. When Albatross had given them to her, she could barely contain her excitement. Once she had been reduced to wallowing in her own filth in the Abyss - now she had her own den, she had money she could use to buy whatever she wanted. She had possessions that she could call her own, and no one could take them from her.

Raikov's booming voice still blew through her like a cold chill, even when he was shouting silvered words meant to galvanize rather than obscenities and threats. Triteia pointedly avoided his gaze. She would acknowledge him, but only when necessary. For now, her attention was on his full clutch of sharklings, put on display like fine sparkling jewels. All of them ostensibly looked healthy and happy, and they introduced themselves and outlined their ambitions.

"I'm good at wrestling, swimming and hunting, but I'm not so good with herbs. I wanna be a Torch, when I'm older. And I wanna get tattoos!" exclaimed Sinbad. Triteia's first impression of Sinbad was of a scared, traumatized youth wailing for help on a bloodied shoreline, but he had recovered nicely since then. He was made of tougher stuff than she was, apparently.

The mention of his becoming a Torch wrinkled her muzzle with vague disapproval - no personal offense was intended towards Tortuga's Torches, but she couldn't help but question their purpose after their previous home was nearly burned to the ground. The fact that there were people who voluntarily chose to harness fire - the most destructive and deadly force - disquieted her. It was stupid. It was tempting fate. Maybe she was just getting old - Sinbad and his siblings had the luxury of being born in a Tortuga that hadn't been scarred by flame.

Atton, meanwhile, said nothing. A gregarious boy shouldn't be so downtrodden. Triteia locked eyes with him, then threw him a wink, just to encourage him.

"C'mon you louts! It doesn't get any better than the Captain's whelps! Call out yer bids so I can keep my strips!" Albatross hollered from the sidelines. The presence of her most beloved sister was an easy antidote to Triteia's concerns.

Taking a deep breath, Triteia opened her mouth: "I-"

Baal rolled through like a deadly plague. She realized that she was coming before Baal stepped foot within the area; she knew it from the prickling of the hairs on the back of her neck, and the vague tearing pain that roared through her veins. She went ice cold -- freezing in place, not huddling, merely staying perfectly still. (Snakes couldn't detect movement.) Baal slithered past her, mumbling to herself. Speaking in tongues. Triteia still did not raise her voice. Her skin was crawling. Her fur felt too tight on her body. Her brain hit the eject button, but she wasn't jettisoned into space - she crashed against the roof of her skull and hung, suspended in half-dissociative limbo.

(Little did she know that Baal had already heard her. Baal was hearing her every day. Baal already had the devil on her shoulder whispering into her ear.)

Baal passed her over. She had already anointed her doors with blood. Triteia's eyes followed her as she slunk into her periphery, seeing her snapping and snarling at the air. She wasn't sure if the leviathan woman was threat posturing, or if it was a sign of mental unrest; a strange feeling in her gut told her that it was the latter. It was the tells she had learned to pick up when they were both children. Triteia had Barbados syndrome. Baal had Bermuda. The two sisters understood one another. Even as Triteia despised Baal, she understood her. But did she really?

Baal was staring at Mako. Triteia at first felt compelled to intervene: it was a wordless and unconscious blaze of courage, determination to wrench the helpless boy out from the demon's hungry jaws. But Baal had still managed to create for herself a considerable reputation, and she would use the standing that she had accrued with Raikov by betraying her own sister as currency. Triteia bit her tongue, fighting down the tremblings of rage that were starting to build in her legs. She disengaged again. If the harsh lessons of subjugation hadn't literally been beaten into her, then this would have been one of many inopportune moments for her Barbados to rear its ugly head. If she could, she would have ripped open her purse and thrown every earthly possession she had at Raikov's feet. Of course, that would have left the rest of the litter as enticing targets for Baal's appetite, but that was the irrationality that came with her disorder. Thwart Baal for only a moment, just for the fleeting satisfaction of destroying her plan and saving one. boy. Barbados versus Bermuda, the two monsters.

There was nothing she could do. Triteia's body turned away, consigning Mako to his fate, and accepting that nothing she could say or do would reverse Baal's decision. Triteia's spirit screamed.

Poor kid.

In a moment of cognizance, Triteia realized that she still had addressed Raikov, and thus felt obligated to finish the aborted sentence that half-limped out of her mouth. She looked at him again, appearing slightly paler than before, and swallowed. Her mouth was dry. She spoke anyway. "Captain, Loan Shark," she spoke to both Raikov and Albatross in turn, "I'd like t' place three strips each on yer lads Sinbad an' Atton."

She reached for her knapsack and opened it, scooping out six strips, wrapped together in a bundle, and the arrowheads. She had cherished those arrowheads. After she was freed, she was at last allowed access to the spoils of her rite of passage, and had elected to use them to trade for goods. It agonized her to part from them, but she knew she would obtain better, more beautiful trinkets during her exploits. Besides, she had saved them for this. "An' these arrowheads from my Voyage, t' sweeten the deal," Triteia said.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 12:36:01 PM by Triteia (Trout) »
     Is it easier to take a hit
than it is to throw the stone?
Better blood on your face
better blood on the ground
Well, I guess I'll never know...

Cause it's best not to give a crap,
and to speak in a timid tone.
Keep my tongue to my teeth;
keep my ear to the ground
and a blind eye to everyone.

[ #29AB87 ] | played by Sunblink.
   » tracker
[10:40:00 PM] kujo the daddy's daddy: thank god trout is finally dead

Offline Eremiel

• Leader
  • Regular
  • Liked: 31
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2017, 01:17:26 PM »
Eremiel has lost count of the number of auction he had been present for, let alone lived through in Tortuga. He had been through two for his own children, and lead a few himself as Loan Shark. He remembered training Albatross, remembered when he became fully confident in her abilities to take over his position if need be. And now that he was here, approaching the crowd standing in front of the Captain's and Crow's children, he knew he made the right decision. She was her own type of charisma, with a good head on her shoulders. He was proud.

With his head held high and with a gentle smile on his face, he moved to stand between Baal and Triteia, two girls he easily considered his daughters. Glancing back, he knew his eldest son was not too far behind, aching to snatch up a kid. The Quartermaster's eye shifted back to the kids, listening to the bets being made in silence. Mako was betted on by Baal, a fitting thing, though Eremiel could not stop the constant stream of worry in his stomach. Mako would have to watch his mentor grow and die all too soon.

Triteia, the damaged girl that clawed her way out of hell placed two bets, an ambitious act. On Sinbad and Atton, and Eremiel smiled at her. Sure, it was not the same as parenting, but taking on a child to care for and train was a challenge and a show of bravery all on its own. After she placed her bets, arrowheads to boot, Eremiel took the chance to step up. "Morning, Raikov, Loan Shark." if he could wink at Alby he would have, but it just looked like a blink.

"I'll be taking ambitious little Zelos." he stated, as a matter of fact, eye falling to the boy with the split tail and many ambitions. Somehow, Eremiel felt he would need some sort of guidance beyond basic training. Something that Eremiel was very accustomed to providing now, ever since meeting the young prince that now stood proud and strong before him. He motioned the boy over with his paw, leaving no room for argument. "Come here sweetheart."

Glancing back, he took a seat. "I will also be paying any amount of strips for Coxwain Caligula if he pleases." it was just a small tease towards the tank that made his way over. Caligula had strips, and quite the skill to give. But Eremiel would be damned if he would not help his child through anything, even if his child was three times his size and could bench press a whale.

eremiel played by bun

Offline Caligula.

• Tortuga
  • Regular
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2017, 01:36:15 PM »
Caligula wanted to sleep in, for once. Something about sharing a den with someone you felt things for made you want to stay there forever, smelling their scent and rolling around like a teenager. But he remembered he auction, the little kids that demanded good futures. A year ago Caligula would not have cared for such a thing as much as he did now. So he pushed himself up begrudgingly, and ended up following his father to the auction, a few meters away.

Arriving there made him feel strangely at home. He knew everyone, blood family, adopted sisters, the Captain and the Loan Shark. Even the little princes and princess began to feel more familiar as weeks went by. He could never pretend he wasn't a family man, craving warmth and affection and determined to protect those who he deemed close. This would be a chance to make another family member, out of one of these kids. His bright eyes trailed over them as bets were places. Baal on one, Triteia on two, and Eremiel placed no bets, but immediately took one to himself.

As he approached, moving closer to inspect the kids, Eremiel spoke up with that teasing voice he always used on him whenever he wanted to dig under some nerves for fun.

"I will also be paying any amount of strips for Coxwain Caligula if he pleases."

Caligula groaned, rolled eyes. "Har har, thanks dad. I have a job, you know. I get paid." there was no venom there, and he went back to looking at the kids, paying close attention to the ones his adopted sister so much wanted as to bet both strips and arrow heads on them. One of the two caught his eye, just the perfect amount of asshole in the kid's eyes to make Caligula grin, and lick his teeth.

"Six strips on Atton. Seven, if that isn't enough to outbet my sister over there. Any physical labour you might need included." he knew it was a dick move, but he would not be a real brother to Tritiea until he stole a toy from her. He looked back to her, a flashed his teeth. It was nothing menacing, not even truly challenging, just a toothy grin given to his sister as if they were both kids, tattling to parents and stealing bites of eachother's food.

He moved back towards the gathering to stand nex tot the tailless girl. "Sorry Triteia, couldn't help it." he would take an ass beating later.

caligula played by bun

Offline Albatross [RP]

• Tortuga
  • Regular
  • Liked: 35
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2017, 07:03:02 PM »
Albatross watched silently as Baal wandered in, her grey eyes both wary and sad all at once. The memory of what Eremiel had said - four years - echoed through her thoughts as she watched the girl who was practically the other side of her own coin...or had been in youth. Now, the Loan Shark struggled with the weight of it all. In one hand, she had drawn the line in the sand, had chosen Triteia over Baal and Raikov and Brielle. Of course, she loved them all no less, but they had done so much wrong in so many ways and it was hard to rectify such injustices with niceties, but they were starts. Then again, on the other hand sat the weight of family, something Albatross had always been keen to keep close. To lose brother after sister after mother after father was just too much, and while she didn't imagine Trout would fault her for wanting to care for Baal, it still made the monochrome girl feel guilt in her chest, as if such thoughts betrayed Triteia's trust.

So if Baal looked her way, she'd nod, but there would be no words here. What would she even say? Besides, this was about the darling Whelps today. There could be time for serious talks later. Still, when the Kraken, ill as she was, placed a bid on Mako, Albatross' eyes turned calculative. These children were her nieces and nephews, and Alby would always be protective of them, but a favor was a favor, and almost nothing could overturn that.

And then came Triteia herself, and Albatross' head swung toward her sister with a smile, pride in her eyes washing away any concerns for Mako under Baal's care. Her glossy, pale tail thumped the ground beside her in pleasure. She remembered the way her sister had looked, the expression on her face when she'd been given her stipend of strips for her new rank. Joy, surprise, excitement. Alby smiled at the memory, and she was equally proud that with those strips, her sister had chosen a task that even those without the heavy weight of living on their shoulders would have considered a big step.

Watching as Triteia placed a bid on not one, but two of the children made her cock an eyebrow, though her smile never faltered. If her sister needed assistance with two of the Captain's whelps, she knew where the Loan Shark lived. There was help there if she chose to take it, but Albatross had high hopes for the other girl. It would be the next step in her continuing progress toward healing.

Maybe one day, the sight of Baal and the presence of Raikov wouldn't cause her to freeze like a deer in the headlights.

After her came Eremiel and Caligula, and her smile was turned, dazzling, on her mentor. Like Brielle, he'd had quite a hand in guiding her to where she now stood. There would never be a time when she wouldn't revert into a youth again at the sight of the Quartermaster. It pleased her greatly to see that he was taking spirited Zelos home with him, as she knew if anyone could handle his thoughts of grandeur, it would be Eremiel. The fish-tailed boy had set the appendage to wagging, though she noticed a moment where he squinted before smoothing his features back out with a grin. He had good heart, no doubt the child of his parents.

Following his father, Caligula also set a bid, and Albatross' ears perked as she heard it was for one of the two Triteia had chosen. A grin turned sly for a moment, and as there was a lull in those bidding, she would voice them again for others to consider. Briefly, she considered assisting Triteia with strips, but she decided against it. She was protective, but she didn't want the other to think her sister didn't think she was more than capable on her own.

There were ways beyond strips to sweeten deals, as both her sister and Caligula both displayed. And loans if they were keen to try and take one out on the fly, right now.

"The bids stand as follows!

One favor for Mako by Baal, Zelos claimed by Quartermaster Eremiel, three strips and three arrowheads on Sinbad by Triteia, and Caligula with the high bid of seven strips and physical labor for Atton! And...two strips on Elijah,"
she cried out her own bid almost as an afterthought. The boy was quiet, but he seemed a kind child. The Loan Shark remembered the way he'd cried for help for Baal, and she thought he was a whelp she could work with, despite his deafness. There was a kindness in him that few of their blood had in their veins. Alby would simply have to remember to talk to him while facing the child. Easy, as long as she wasn't distracted by work.

"Now's the time ta' bid or adjust bids, if you're doing so! Lots of promise here in this litter!"
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 07:35:15 PM by Albatross [RP] »

In my left hand there is the familiar
In my right hand there's the great unknown
I can see the madly different grass there
But I'm drawn to wilder nights at home

See the despair behind their eyes
They only care once in a while

I can feel the draw,
I can feel it pulling me back,
It's pulling me back,
It's pulling me.

#C48E48
- Played by Red -

Offline Kalypso

• Tortuga
  • Apprentice
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 06:56:50 PM »
Her and her siblings hadn’t been auctioned off when they were old enough, instead they had had their entire home destroyed and went on a journey to find a new one many miles away. Close enough, right? Unfortunately she’d missed out on gaining a mentor to help her pursue her number one passion in life and help her achieve her ultimate rank goal. She constantly questioned herself when she was doing Navigator stuff for the pack. Was she saying the right things? Missing something? Forgetting anything? It was terribly exhausting to always be second guessing oneself. Which is why when she’d heard about the Auction for the Captains Whelps well, she hadn’t been able to resist the temptation to bid.

She was still pretty young but she had a rank and a few strips from work that she kept at the Bank. Kalypso would hate for any of the young ones to miss out on having a mentor like she did. The Captains pups deserved the best after all, right? So it was with a nervous energy that she appeared at the gathering, feeling extremely relieved when she saw her father and older brother were already there. Relaxing a bit more she took a seat in the back and waited patiently for each pup to introduce themselves and their goals with a small smile on her face.

Mako went to Baal which was good she thought because he seemed like a nervous kid and maybe the older woman could teach him to be more confident like her! Zelos was bid on by her father and she outright grinned at the kid and would have to seek him out later to properly welcome the little guy to the family. The pretty brindle kid looked like he was going to go to her sister Triteia and Caligula bid on the cute little kid named Atton. Her heart sank a little when she heard Albatross bid on Eli, she had hoped no one else would bid on him so that she could nab him. She certainly wasn’t about to outbid her acting Sailing Master!

After mentally counting her strips in her head over and over to calm her building anxiety Kalypso finally called out, “Two strips for Celeste and another two for lil’ Moxie too!” They were adorable and her den was empty and cold now that Kai had to sleep with the rest of the Gunners. Plus they were the only ones left without bids and Kally didn’t see anyone else showing up to claim them. And if someone did come in and outbid her well, that was okay too.

Played by BB.
#7EE1B8

Offline Raikov

• Leader
  • Master
  • Captain & Scoundrel
  • Liked: 169
  • Likes Given: 93
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2017, 02:07:42 PM »
- DEADLINE SET FOR 1ST MARCH -

"A lion doesn’t concern himself with the
opinions of a sheep."

I wanna see your animal side
Let it all out
I wanna see the dirt
Under your skin
I need your broken promises

I want the guts and glory baby yeah, baby yeah
This town is wasted and alone

But we are alive
Here in death valley
But don't take love off the table yet
'Cause tonight it's just fire alarms and losing you

We love a lot
So we only lose a little
But we are alive, we are alive, we are alive

Profile || #D2C753

Offline Moxie

• THE MAGPIE
  • Tortuga
  • Initiate
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2017, 08:54:59 PM »
The salty breath of the ocean called to her over the moors. Moxie was still off in dreamland. Her mind was falling away like the sand between her toes, she sat dumbstruck in the awe of the auction and quickly her mind came rushing back.

Her lips curved upward a bit, and she awkwardly smiled around at the crowd. She felt as though time had stopped just as the auction began and feeling as though she was hanging in limbo. She took a breath now, remembering that her father had woken them up, and taken them outside. Zelos had bumped her shoulder as they walked and he had encouraged her, and she turned to the crowd now with more determination than before.

She would wait for a break in the shouts, there were so many voices calling out for her siblings, who had all very dutifully presented their names and their aspirations.

"I have dreams too!" her voice burst out, probably interrupting someone in the process.

"I want to find alternative methods of medicine, and cure ailments through natural healing and plants and herbs," she explained.

"My name is Moxie, and I'm ready to learn."

She nodded to the crowd, hoping someone would hear and may be able to help her achieve her goals. She knew that even if someone of another rank than the one she were interested in bid on her that mentor would still aid her. Moxie was most excited about the voyage she would take, and the mentor would definitely help in those travels.

Moxie was surprised to hear a bid on her so quickly, made by a friendly ocean coloured wolf.

The small child wagged her tail and smiled.

Nothin' to worry about.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 08:56:21 PM by Moxie »

[profile] played by cooper --[#BF9B90]