Author Topic: lmao what??? tf is that??? [open]  (Read 296 times)

Offline Julien

• Tortuga
  • Initiate
  • Liked: 6
  • Likes Given: 1
lmao what??? tf is that??? [open]
« on: January 18, 2017, 06:05:20 PM »
   Maybe this pack wasn’t as full as party as Armageddon had been, but she was keeping her eyes open for any sign of fun. When she had been let into Tortuga, she had spent some time exploring the land, as it was very, very big. Her previous pack had land, yes, but not like this. Julien expected some good crap from a pack with so much land. The issue, she thought, was that maybe everything was spread out too much. She had heard of a bar or something, but her dumbass couldn’t find it. Instead she had taken to exploring the long stretch of beach, going down to the tip and back up. Then she had decided it was a good time to sleep, and effed her sleeping schedule over. Her eyes opened slowly as the sun was starting to fade from the sky, everything thrown into shadows. Ah eff, she thought, getting to her paws.

Lately she had been sleeping during the day and roaming at night - it wasn’t actually that uncommon for lions to do, but living around wolves made her feel the urge to be like them. That little want wasn’t working out that well so far, she realized while cleaning her pelt. For the previous nights she hadn’t run into anyone, and it sucked. The girl really hoped to run into someone, anyone at this point. All the wolves and dogs were active during the day, and she wasn’t. Surely someone else decided to stay up some more after the sun went down? She stretched, and padded towards the beach. There wasn’t much thirst, as she just felt pulled to the water, wanting to get some seafood instead.

It was just her luck, as she spotted an oyster. Julien had never had one before, but knew that if they were opened up, there was food inside. The lioness was quick to grab it before the tides reeled it back, and plopped down a few feet from the water’s edge. If anyone were watching her, it was like when a cat got a weirdly shaped toy and didn’t know what to do with it. She bit at the shell, moving it over and over, trying to find how to effing open it. Then, she smiled, the shell snapped open, and she dropped the pieces down to see the meat she would get. There was meat, yes, but there was also a black little rock thing in it, and Julien looked at it, confused. Was it edible? Did that mean she shouldn’t eat the meat? She stared at the (not known it was called) pearl in confusion.

The eff is that?

☆ played by alueprofile ☆ #F781F3 ☆

Offline Kalypso

• Tortuga
  • Apprentice
  • Liked: 8
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: lmao what??? tf is that??? [open]
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 04:22:49 PM »
She couldn’t sleep. Her thoughts were never-ending and distracting and all she could think about was Kai and his fire and ice eyes. Teenage crushes were the worst. The stars would call her she thinks as she rolls to her feet and heads out of her den. She hesitates at the mouth of her den and wonders if Kai would still be up this late. Oh wait. Yeah that’s right, he’d had to move in with the other Gunners.. Her blue ears went flat in disappointment for a second before she sighed and headed towards the beach.

It was the best place to view the stars in her opinion. The tropical trees and hanging moss got in the way otherwise. She was thinking about her time away from Tortuga an wondered when the next Navigator mission would be. Her wanderlust was starting to burn at her heart and she wanted to explore the outside world again. Go somewhere new, discover something strange, meet their allies and learn about their culture! Kalypso skidded to a halt in the sand when she spotted the large, ominous form of Julien on the shoreline.

The eff is that?

While others might feel frightened or infuriated at the presence of someone unfamiliar on their beaches Kally felt surprisingly excited.  She grinned and her tail started wagging as she bounced across the sandy beach towards the big cat. Oh wow it was even bigger up close! Towering more than a foot, perhaps a foot and a half above her she felt dwarfed beside the feline.

Hiya! I’m Kalypso, who are you?”

Played by BB.
#7EE1B8

Offline Julien

• Tortuga
  • Initiate
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 01:22:44 PM »
   Julien was focused in only on the little pearl that she didn’t know was called a pearl, and the fact that she didn’t know if the oyster was safe to eat now. Her belly growled, and her mouth was almost dripping drool, but she didn’t want to die. Julien lifted her paw to bat at the small thing, but just hovered her paw over it instead, then drew it back. What if it was bad to touch? Maybe she should just forget it and hunt for food elsewhere. But dammit, she also need to know what the eff this was.

“Hiya! I’m Kalypso, who are you?” She didn’t jump, she would never say she jumped. But she had flinched when the new person spoke to her. She tried to hide her surprise of sudden noise, and instead focused even harder on the pearl to look calm. As she let her mind regather, she would then speak. “Hello, love, I’m Julien.” She’d then turn to look more at the wolf. “Kalypso, yes? What a pretty name for such a pretty lil’ doll.” She’d practically purr, if lions could purr. “You seem to know this place more than I do, I assume, love? I haven’t been here long, doll.

She’d motion back towards the pearl. “That little shiny thing, yeah, do you know if it is bad, hm? I wanna eat but I wanna be safe, ya know, love?” She couldn’t help but trying to flirt, no matter the time or situation. She’s sweet talk anyone she could. If the other didn’t know what the pearl was, then she’d decide it wasn’t worth eating the oyster incase it was a bad dish. But if the other knew, and if the food wasn’t bad, she’d be in luck. She really wanted to be in luck.

Offline Kalypso

• Tortuga
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 08:00:54 PM »
Kalypso’s ears went back when she realized that she had startled the big feline and she gave her an apologetic smile. “Hello, love, I’m Julien.” Kally took a small step back to allow Julien more room as the lion turn towards her. “Kalypso, yes? What a pretty name for such a pretty lil’ doll.” Her tail wagged slowly and she beamed at her large companion. “You seem to know this place more than I do, I assume, love? I haven’t been here long, doll.” To be honest Kalypso had only recently become familiar with their new home but she felt confident enough in her knowledge to give a small nod.

That little shiny thing, yeah, do you know if it is bad, hm? I wanna eat but I wanna be safe, ya know, love?”

Her dark blue eyes followed Julien’s gesture towards a small round, pale object lying in an oyster shell. Kally’s mouth formed a small o and she stepped closer to inspect the little treasure until her eyes were mere inches away. It glowed with a silver light in the pale moonlight and it was absolutely beautiful. Kalypso was familiar with the oysters, Kai had shown them to her moons ago but she hadn’t liked them. They were slimy and cold, tasteless things. At least to her anyways. But the oyster’s they’d found that warm day on the beach hadn’t held pretty little gems like this! She reached out to swipe the orb from its bed but hesitated when she realized it would be bad manners to steal her new friends treasure.

The stuff around it is safe to eat but I don’t think the shiny thing is. I’ve never seen one before so it’s better to be safe than sorry, aye?” This time she plucked it from the shell and held it up towards the sky so that the light of the full moon made it shine. “It’s so pretty,” she breathed softly before she turned and held it out to Julien on her outstretched paw, it was technically hers. Finders keepers. “I dunno what they’re called but I hope there are more of ‘em.” The thought of dozens of those strung together on a thin string was lovely. Maybe one day…

Played by BB.
#7EE1B8

Offline Kieran✧

• baby won't you
  • Tortuga
  • Initiate
  • come my way
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 01:35:16 AM »
((hahahaha can you say gravedigging??? ive wanted to post in this for a while tho i hope thats ok))

Even with the oncoming winter in the rest of the Straits, Tortuga's new location proved to be very reliable for beautiful weather and amazing nighttime strolls on the beaches. He'd been hanging around the beach a lot lately, soaking up the afternoon sun and studying the fish and coral that built themselves homes in rocky tide pools. Before long he'd secured himself a nice and quiet stretch of beach that was rarely occupied during the day, let alone at night.

Until now, it seemed.

Against the moonlit horizon, the enormous silhouette of a lion caught his eye first, rummaging around in the sand like a kitten discovering a litterbox for the first time. Or, well, he assumed it was a lion- unless there was any other big cat with a mane that noticeable. He wasn't all too familiar with the company of felines; they were new to him. Things he'd mostly heard and caught wind of rather than... visit with first hand. But it was only when a more familiar figure came bounding up to greet the lion that he felt his curiosity finally give in.

They were talking, mulling over something that they took time to pass back and forth between them. And beneath the hiss of waves lapping at the sand, they didn't hear him approach. He'd slipped into the little gathering unnoticed, taking his place to the rear of the small gathering and waiting for a lull in the conversation to offer his unnecessary but hopefully helpful two cents.

"It's called a pearl," came his voice from behind them. Kieran hadn't been eavesdropping- just admiring long enough to put two and two together as they pondered the small item. "She's right, you can't eat them, but you can definitely make things out of them. Jewelry, mostly." The golden boy stepped forward and took a seat next to Kalypso, giving both of the girls a sharp smile.

He'd seen them before, in the treasure that that pig had carried with him all over the place. He remembered asking one of the girls what it was- she'd been from a place like this, near the ocean. They were gifts from the Gods, she'd said, much to their own "God's" giddy approval. A single grain of sand locked within the shell of an oyster, sent with love from the God of the sea. He rolled his eyes.

"Sometimes you can find more, I think, if you press around in the meat. Don't break a tooth," he winked. "Tortuga has crafters, right? I met one of them when I was new. I'm sure they could make you up something pretty, don't you?" Kieran tilted his head back toward the wolf beside him for her input. She was a regular here, right? Perhaps even born and raised. The smell of Tortuga was embedded deep within her skin, he could tell that much.
Wish I may, wish I might, find my one true love tonight.
Do you think that he could be you?
If I pray really tight, get into a fake bar fight,
while I'm walking down the avenue.

If I lay really quiet,
I know that what I do isn't right.
I can't stop what I love to do.
So I murder love in the night,
watching them fall one by one, they fight.

Do you think you'll love me too, ooh, ooh?
- - -

#EEB75F | profile. | played by beanie.

Offline Julien

• Tortuga
  • Initiate
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 11:22:37 PM »
   Her hunger was overtaken by the need to flirt. It was no surprise that she prioritized the possibility of impressing and smooth talking over getting her fill. Julien liked the girl that had shown up, Kalypso, what a pretty girl. She liked what she saw, for sure. But, she would never admit, she found almost everyone attractive. Either way, Kalypso knew more about Tortuga than Julien, and more about the item she had found in her food. “The stuff around it is safe to eat but I don’t think the shiny thing is. I’ve never seen one before so it’s better to be safe than sorry, aye?” Julien nodded. “Fair point, love.” She looked at the pearl, and knew she did not want to crap that out later.

Kalypso handed the item back to the lioness after commenting on how pretty it was. It did shine nicely, she thought. “I dunno what they’re called but I hope there are more of ‘em.” She had no idea what would be done with them, and was lost for a way to try and flirt. To her luck, another showed up. Her attention turned to the pretty boy, and she felt herself seem to rise again in her wanting to flirt and eff. "It's called a pearl," The boy said. "She's right, you can't eat them, but you can definitely make things out of them. Jewelry, mostly." For a split second she was thinking how, ah, yes, she could see this looking pretty mixed with other items to decorate a body.

The other split second, she felt the urge to speak to the new guy. “Who needs jewelry when you’re a jewel?” A pretty girl and a pretty boy? What was an over sexual lioness to do? "Sometimes you can find more, I think, if you press around in the meat. Don't break a tooth. Tortuga has crafters, right? I met one of them when I was new. I'm sure they could make you up something pretty, don't you?" She felt as if the wink was egging her on. Oh, she liked this boy. “My, my. If I were to get this turned into something, I don’t think I could decide who to give it to - you both are dazzling.” Of course she wouldn’t wear it. Jewlery didn’t really fit her. Collars, necklaces, the such, they didn’t go well with her mane. But this pretty two, they could fit a nice pearl necklace perfectly.

Offline Kalypso

• Tortuga
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 03:25:16 PM »
"It's called a pearl," Kalypso let out a startled yelp and jumped at the sudden voice behind her. She'd been so enamoured with the shiny round thing that she hadn't noticed the sound of someone approaching from behind. "She's right, you can't eat them, but you can definitely make things out of them. Jewelry, mostly." Kally gave Kieran a sheepish smile and a nervous look, "Oh wow, you're really quiet I didn't even hear you sneak up!"  She wished she was that good at stealth. It seemed he had the same idea she had had about making something pretty out of the little pearl.

“Who needs jewelry when you’re a jewel?”

Kalypso giggled at Juliens clever pun and decided she liked this lion's sense of humor. "Sometimes you can find more, I think, if you press around in the meat. Don't break a tooth. Tortuga has crafters, right? I met one of them when I was new. I'm sure they could make you up something pretty, don't you?" Kally flushed beneath Kierans wink, feeling her pelt warm beneath the attention of the two flirtatious sailors.

“My, my. If I were to get this turned into something, I don’t think I could decide who to give it to - you both are dazzling.”

The ocean blue girl was extremely grateful for the thick fur and the darkness that hid her burning cheeks. Kalypso had a hard time taking compliments and stammered for a moment, unsure on how to reply. "Uh, er," She smiled nervously and waved her paw in front of her, "psh, what? Kieran is much more dazzling than I am, you should definitely give it to him." She chuckled, flustered and awkward.

Played by BB.
#7EE1B8