Author Topic: Oh god (Judah)  (Read 159 times)

Offline `Tal

• Death Valley
  • Initiate
  • This is your personal text.
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
Oh god (Judah)
« on: January 15, 2017, 10:44:38 PM »
The sunset glittered along the lake, dancing like a ballerina in her prime year of her career. Tal lovingly set her gaze upon the mixture of golds, reds, oranges, and yellows. It was a painting that could only be done by a master, this perfect moment. Sunflower eyes closed blissfully as her paws skimmed the water, breaking the intricate artwork with tiny ripples. It was days like this where the female didn't want to shut her eyes for good, to not feel a thing. She liked this, this perfect moment in time.

Her breathing became deep, as if she was in the ultimate state of meditation. Her mind was blank, her body was focusing on producing feelings of euphoria. Chemicals ran through her bloodstream as this pleasure only heightened with each passing millisecond. If she could Tal would prefer to die right now, having glimpsed this wondrous sight. She has felt that cool water, crisp and clear. She saw the sky ablaze with hell itself, it's fires leaking onto the blue.

If heaven were real this was what it was.

Her peace was interrupted by a sneeze from her tiny nose, and her mind revealed all its unconscious thinking as she was consciously thinking not to think. What was she doing! There could be predators in the water, and she could die. The sun was setting, time to go sleep. Her ears folded backwards and she thought of how stupid she was for thinking that this was paradise.

"Can I ever catch a break..." She'd mutter silently to herself, full of shame and self-loathe.

Offline Judah

• anger is the enemy of non-violence
  • Death Valley
  • Initiate
  • and pride is a monster that swallows it up
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Oh god (Judah)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 12:02:19 AM »

Judah was the son of a woman who had hailed poetry and beauty and compassion to be some of life's greatest wonders. Oukoku had been a strange place for her, but she had survived and even risen high within the ranks, found a mate and had children. She had instilled within Judah the same outlook, lessened to a more... realistic degree. Even still, he thoroughly enjoyed the kind of sunset that had captured Tal's attention.

The Kyuu strode along the lakeshore at a leisurely pace, listening to the waves lapping at the rocks. It was peaceful there most days,
and Judah often ambled around the shore for at least a few hours each day. It helped to clear his head. Being bonded to a Rosa sounded glamorous to most, but Judah felt extremely uncertain about it - the White Rose, her House of horrors.. it was unnerving to know that he would be spending more time with them. Roman and Hanna being a part of the same House should have brought him some form of comfort, but it only added to the uncertainty, the uneasiness.

Hazelnut eyes narrowed as they caught sight of Tal's grey body up ahead, a little shocked at how close he'd gotten before he realized she was there. The timber mix's footfalls did not slow, but Judah straightened up, toned body casting a long, distorted shadow as the sun dipped lower and lower. He cleared his throat as he approached, stopping about ten feet from her.

The woman seemed to be deep in thought, and Judah felt somewhat awkward upon interrupting that tranquil state of mind. "Ah -- I didn't mean to interrupt," the Kyuu said in an almost earnest voice, eyes friendly and apologetic. Maybe she wouldn't be upset with him - Judah was far from interested in dealing with that. "I'm Judah," he introduced in a smooth, gentlemanly voice.

i'm so so sorry this is so late!!

There was light before the rain began, and there was hope behind
the suffering joke. Lies come, lies they go, even the sun is tired.
Under the surfaces, there is a benevolent drone. Do you feel it?

So brutal when the words are on the tip of your tongue,
so strange when your tired eyes won't shut your brain down.

Hold back the melancholy, hold back the fear, darling, it's a crime.
Sometimes I can taste my death like a candy bar, so sweet and complete
as infinity takes me, this fool's end.

Offline Hayley

• There are so many colors that I still try to hide while I paint And there are so many tunes that I secretly sing as I wait
  • Pack Alpha
  • Hero
  • Liked: 1470
  • Likes Given: 501
Re: Oh god (Judah)
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 09:33:12 AM »
nudges this up

There is no difference in what we're doing in here
That doesn't show up as bigger symptoms out there
So why spend all our time in dressing our bandages
When we've the ultimate key to the cause right here,
our underneath