Author Topic: i am the high you can't sustain (open)  (Read 534 times)

Offline Ronove

•  
    JUDGE PATHOS  JITTE  
  • Death Valley
  • Apprentice
  • there is violence in my heart
  • Liked: 20
  • Likes Given: 0
i am the high you can't sustain (open)
« on: January 04, 2017, 03:52:00 PM »

Ronove was a man with a lot of ambition - driven mostly by jealousy and unrelenting anger, but also by the desire to be able to experience everything. He didn't wish for this due to any sentimental or cheesy reason, it was closest to pure greed. The Great Party was a fantastic opportunity to try new things and explore boundaries, go where he had never gone before. The Hawk's dark form made its way into the throng of gathered wolves, weaving through the bodies, speaking to no one. Would his Rosa attend tonight, he wondered, and would he be able to speak with her? Would his father descend from his pedestal to grace them all with his presence? Ronove frowned, scoffing at the thought. It was almost like the Hawk was a little bit bitter over his father's negligence and disinterest in him. Just a little.

The Hawk's yellow gaze found an interesting sight that caused his brow to quirk upwards. Those ugly unappetizing things must have been the mushrooms. And eff, man, they were free! It couldn't get any better than that, right? He did want to try new things, after all. After a brief debate with himself, Ronove grabbed a few of the shrooms from the pile and ate one immediately, before he could back out. He would not be called a effin' coward over some fungus. It tasted effing terrible. Ronove's face displayed his disgust with the taste clearly, but he forced himself to swallow the mushroom. After it was down, he spit a few times. "eff that's gross!" Ronove said in a loud, displeased tone. It was like ass and dirt mixed together with moldy aftertones.

He'd eaten vomit that tasted better.

Spitting out a few remaining bits of the gross mushroom again, Ronove cast his gaze around at those gathered in an almost bored way. Finding a relatively comfortable spot curled up against a cool rock, Ronove began to let his mind wander. It went first to the Hawks and the Jitte, rarely utilized wolves left sitting on the bench. The timber grimaced, running his tongue over his muzzle. Was it poor leadership from the red Jitte, or had all of her Hawks (except him, obviously, c'mon) been simply destined to be complete and utter effin' failures? With a flick of his brown-tipped ears and a rough sigh, Ronove turned his attention away from that total mess and instead focused on the tingling feeling he was beginning to feel in his paws. Man, he felt good! The Hawk began to become acutely aware of his ears and every small movement they made, and his toes and tail - which all felt somewhat disconnected, but warm and airy.

The Hawk rolled over onto his side, running his tongue over his lips one or two times, golden yellow eyes half-lidded and content. For once, Ronove didn't feel like everything was wrong or full of anger. He just felt... nice. Peaceful. Man, maybe he should have done drugs a long time ago. Nah, c'mon. Ronove wasn't himself unless he was one short fuse away from exploding or reacting every sentence with sarcasm and attitude. He chuckled to himself, a deep and throaty rumble. He'd go back to being a dick tomorrow - right then, he was going to simply experience peacefulness for a while.

And, should any pretty little thing approach him, he'd offer them a crooked, toothy grin beneath hazy yellow gaze, inviting, enticing. Tonight was a night for company.

ronove's currently feelin' happy and high on shrooms!
come cuddle and feel good w/ him

echoes and specters and ghosts of none the wiser
apparitions each, bad decisions brush on by
envious in the ever after, electric fuzzy haze of
regrets and dreams denied

Offline Sunblink

• Hero
  • have only one waifu, or it will ruin your laifu
    • My status
    • FurAffinity
  • Liked: 2649
  • Likes Given: 3663
Re: i am the high you can't sustain (open)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 04:25:04 PM »
oh god fine i'm gonna put drunk nastasia in here too why not make it a family affair

Offline Bec

• We love a lot. So we only lose a little.
  • Death Valley
  • Initiate
  • You can wear the crown but, you're no Princess.
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 10:37:12 PM »
#c19b6a

The Great Party, she had been told it would be a good thing to go, good to socialize. Oooooh boy... Nope... Bad, bad, bad.

Earlier in the night she'd been passed something that had tasted sweet as ever at first but now, now she swayed as she walked, the pale girl's vision blurred, a drunken smile upon her features. Yup, bad idea to send a naive shy girl into a party like this. Bec was wandering, giggling and humming a rather sweet tune, even so much as cutting loose, with a bit of a dance to her walk, paws light as ever.

The pale girl's rather vibrant green gaze caught sight of someone lying on their side and she made her way toward the lumpy figure. A warm giggle sounded as she moved toward the figure, her steps light as ever and when she got closer, head would drop, inches from his. "You ok there, Love?" She'd murmur, her voice like a whisper, so seldom used but, so sweet and gentle on the ears, like the song on a summer breeze.

Bec would step back, gigglign as she tripped over her paws, landing square on her rump, tail swiftly curling around while she shuffled to fix her posture, Navada and Darken would kill her if she'd act poorly but, with her head spinning and the usual fear she felt gone, the shy girl was showing her gentle but, more open side. Vibrant eyes would look down to him, vision cloudy but, she could see the crooked grin and she met it with a gentle smile of her own. "What got you? I...I think I'm feeling kinda ... Drunk...." She'd offer with a giggle.

Offline Nihilist

• Regular
  • 'cause i'm selfish; i'm obscene.
  • Liked: 241
  • Likes Given: 299
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 12:03:06 AM »
If one asked Seville, he would insists that he indulged in mushrooms the way some indulged in wine. He would gently taste their tart and bitter texture, pick up the nuanced softness of their almost flesh-like succulence, and be able to pick up on the kind of substance they’d had to grow in. This would be what he confessed, what he swore.

Truth be told, Seville was none of that. He’d found the most exquisite tasting mushroom and eaten it well more than he should have. He had nothing else to his name that might count as cool, perhaps, except his ability to eat any wolf under the table when it came to narcotics. It was really a wonder that he was not an addict to any of the things he consumed with such keen awareness at the Great Party. (But, maybe he was—he was a Herbalist, though, and who would think twice about him nosing through dead bark?)

And, so, thoroughly inebriated but holding his ‘shrooms with nothing more than slurred speech and a lack of self-control (when he had too much, he blacked out; until then, he was “fine,” as he might put it) he came across two wolves.

Those suckers were going to listen to him talk. A lot.

So, trotting over, Seville threw himself down behind the female, putting her between his own body and Ronove’s self. He licked his lips, glancing from the black male—there were so many black wolves but the scent was the scent of home so he was a packmate but who who who?—and a pale girl. Pale wolves were pretty unusual, so Seville turned to the black male, who had to know, because why wouldn’t he?

“Wh’s b’nd ish’sh?” The words felt, at once, clipped together and blurred, incomplete and thrown together in the medicine man’s attempt to speak. He, too, laid down, panting openly. He scratched behind his ear, as well.

and, the lights, they glow
like i just lost the world war.
and, the scene slips away
to the evenness i fake.

Offline Ronove

•  
    JUDGE PATHOS  JITTE  
  • Death Valley
  • Apprentice
  • there is violence in my heart
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 05:23:30 AM »
Ronove didn't hear the pale wolf approach, her footfalls falling on deaf ears. His mind was focused on other things, like imagining himself surrounded by bonds that both adored and feared him, a powerful man who had conquered all of the earth for his Rosa. Man, hell yeah. eff yeah, bro, eff yeah. That was a great thought, wasn't it? He licked his lips, realizing suddenly that his mouth was entirely too dry to be pleasant, but having had no energy to get up and change that fact, Ronove just laid there and dealt with it.

"You ok there, Love?"

He was vaguely aware of the girl's presence, but didn't really care very much about it. Rolling himself over slowly, Ronove stared at Bec with dazed citrine yellow eyes, only offering up a goofy smile that he'd never have otherwise displayed. The influence of the shrooms was powerful, and he was definitely feeling them.

The Hawk's gaze dragged lazily over to the new guy who had approached, also a stranger. “Wh’s b’nd ish’sh?” the stranger asked, but eff if Ronove could understand what he was trying to say. The dark crowspawn couldn't make out the words at all, a brow slowly raising. Then, a small chortle left the Hawk's mouth, then a chuckle, light at first, that grew into a hearty laugh. "Ha, my guy, what the eff, hahaha!" He cackled and cackled, rolling from left side to right as though it were the funniest thing he'd ever heard. "Look, you gotta.. you gotta make the words come out better, ya gotta.. gotta use your mind, right?"

Man, some people just couldn't handle their drugs.

Suddenly remembering the pale woman, Ronove's attention snapped in her direction, and he gasped. She was a pretty girl, pretty pretty pretty. There were a lot of pretty girls in the Valley. A lot of pretty guys, too. He was pretty too, though, right? Oh, man - what if he wasn't pretty? The thought sent a chill down his spine, his entire world seeming to dim and darken. Ronove had to find out otherwise, or he thought he might freak out, the inklings of a bad trip beginning to spread through his psyche like tentacles.

The athletic Hawk hopped up, wobbling at first but righting himself quickly. A nearby bush provided him with colorful flowers, which he snatched up and brought back to Bec as steadily as he could (in reality, weaving and stumbling most of the way). When he returned, Ronove took a deep breath and puffed out his chest, licking a paw and running it over the top of his head to smooth out the fur there. Flashing Bec what he believed to be an irresistible smile, Ronove struck a strong pose, left forepaw raised up to his chest.

"Hey girl," he said through the flowers in his mouth. "You want some tail.. ? flick." Ronove asked as he flicked his tail, voice deep and flirtatious, worries rarely acknowledged bringing out a side of Ronove scarcely seen. "I got you blue. She doesn't want blue.. Blue and yellow? No-- heck.." he said, confused and at war with himself, uncertain of anything in his life, ever. Was he handsome? Theo was handsome.. so was Crow. But what about him?

The Hawk huffed, collapsing into a dark pile on the ground in front of Bec, dropping the flowers before her. Ronove rolled into his back and a paw covered his eyes while one reached skyward, toes splayed and wriggling. "Tell me.. am I.. handsome?" Ronove desperately needed the reassurance.

echoes and specters and ghosts of none the wiser
apparitions each, bad decisions brush on by
envious in the ever after, electric fuzzy haze of
regrets and dreams denied

Offline Hayley

• There are so many colors that I still try to hide while I paint And there are so many tunes that I secretly sing as I wait
  • Pack Alpha
  • Hero
  • Liked: 1483
  • Likes Given: 519
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 12:04:21 AM »
punts this up

There is no difference in what we're doing in here
That doesn't show up as bigger symptoms out there
So why spend all our time in dressing our bandages
When we've the ultimate key to the cause right here,
our underneath