Author Topic: I've learned too much, I have gone mad [CHALLENGE]  (Read 887 times)

Offline Tibet

• Death Valley
  • Initiate
  • AWAKE O SLEEPER
  • Liked: 11
  • Likes Given: 18
I've learned too much, I have gone mad [CHALLENGE]
« on: December 21, 2016, 10:38:28 PM »
He sat beneath the pagan moon, a silvery crescent in the sky. Emerald eyes glimmered.

Coming here, being here, learning their customs, mending their imprisoned, adopting the light as though he'd been born into it, was a display of boldness and audacity astounding to those who would not still let the tainted blood from his throat for the crime of existing and unforgivable to those who would. But this -- this breached even that tested boundary, and Tibet stood now with the immense weight of it coiled around every limb, thorny rosevines binding him like snakes, pressed to impale, to crucify while the choir boy sang, should he miss even a single beatific note --

Breathe in. Breathe out.

You've only just begun.

The night was cold, and it emerged in a thin circulation of steam when he did, all wisps flooding from mouth and nose like an escaped ghost at last going home. He thought of Sphinx, who he could not see, but knew without needing to that she was beautiful. He thought of Kanji, a brutal teacher, who'd driven him harder than any other, who had not been seen in so long, who left a vacancy where Oukoku-Kai could not leave empty. He thought of Zephaniah, hateful brother, who'd forced him to his knees, nose in the dirt, head inclined, back bowed and bared. He thought of the mortal souls he'd guided and saved, the sermons in the glittering cave, the bubbling tar and scorching pits, the life he'd left behind for this, the blood he'd lost for this, the woman the goddess the Holy Saga he'd come to orbit like one little star around the sun...

I love Her. I love them. I love these people. I love this land. More than my life. So much it hurts.

And that, in the end, was why he'd cried out to the dusk. Why he'd spread his arms and smiled and faced whatever he could not stop from coming. HIGH PRIEST, beseeched that hellish screech, IF YOU'LL HAVE ME. IF I'VE BEEN REDEEMED. I WILL LEAD YOU TO PARADISE, I WILL BLESS YOUR LOVERS AND YOUR CHILDREN AND YOUR EVERY BATTLE, I --

WILL --

DO --

ANYTHING!

Someone advanced. Black upon black. Bloodshot yellow eyes gleaming with a madman's incurious amusement. "Little lamb," crooned the wolf in sickly-fond greeting, and Tibet loved him just as fiercely as everything else in the valley, even as he knew what he was (more perhaps than even Crow did), even while he understood too serenely that he was not there in support, he was not there out of that same deep abiding love; he was there with the ceremonial knife if the valley came for him in fury today, if this had been his final mistake, if this had been one insult too much.

Tibet would die today.

Or be reborn.

OOC: Tibet is challenging for high priest!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 12:45:21 AM by Kotake »
Oh, Abraham would raise his hands
And mourn this very day
For his children left the promised land
In search of their own way

Played by Kotake

Offline Darken.

• Death Valley
  • Regular
  • The Gardener.
  • Liked: 6
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I've learned too much, I have gone mad [CHALLENGE]
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 03:47:16 PM »
There was a quietness in the valley since her mate left. A silence since her children wandered off. A nothingness in her life since the death of her daughter. Her life had fallen into a routine, she feared gods, she prayed to the Rosas for good fortune, she watered her plants. She felt old and unwanted. Often times she wondered if she would die of grief. It was time for change. The valley was ready for it.

She welcomed the challenge. Herbs and flowers curled under her teeth as she approaches, filling her mouth with a bitter taste, not unpleasant any more though, she was used to it. She was used to so many things.  While many of the valley may have feared the terrifying creature Tibet was, Darken did not. He may have been long and ugly with terrible horns growing out of his head—but she had known hellhounds before coming to the valley, and she knew they were nothing to fear.

She smiles at him, dropping the herbs at her feet. The gardener, looks as though she had aged since the last time she saw him. Life had been simple and good then. Things had changed. She was still wallowing in many ways. While the hellion felt love, the ex saint felt hate. She had been a holy being, she had been blessed by distant and false gods, raised under their wings.

The valley had empowered the hellion even if it held a prejudice against him, and she understands that. It was the way life works of course. She hoped this would be his claim to fame. She knew no other living priest in the valley that would be able to do the job as well as him. And, she supposes, perhaps the god fear he would make, being so hellish and frightening to some in the valley would be good for the Rosa’s rule.

Besides, having a red in power would be good for her house, and for her chosen deity.

She smiles at him though, “I believe in you Tibet” she says, “If this is what the Rosa’s wish, I think there could be no better high priest.” Although, if the Rosa’s cast him away, she would too. She was full of god fear. She was made tired by it.

The Rengyo was here, to watch and support him, and if it came to it, patch up those who were injured. It seemed to her that many of the wolves in this valley resolved everything with their teeth. It was a constant blood pact.

At least it enriched the soil her plants grew in, she saw it in the flowers sprouting from the grave of her child. Just as she would see it in those that sprouted here if there was a fight.

I saw a country bifurcated by more than just the presence and absence of light,
 but by lives cast aside and lost and uncared for; the walked away and the thrown-away on one side,
and on the other, those who pretended not to see them, because not seeing is easier.
And I saw someone forced to walk both sides of the metaphor,
to learn that the greatest cruelty is our casual blindness to the despair of others,
that there but for the grace of whatever god you subscribe to goes any of us.
And finally, I realized that I had found what I was looking for,
without ever being quite sure what it was.
I found a story that would make my own life make sense again.
#A783B7
Played by Critter

Offline Canaan`

• Saga
  • Leader
  • Apprentice
  • Rosa Chinensis
  • Liked: 43
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 11:22:18 PM »
She forgave him.

She forgave him the moment she saw him. She forgave him for his blood when he’d knelt to worship. She’d forgiven him for his looks when he’d barked out his praises. He was no simplistic hell-streaked creature, seeking their destruction and absolution but a beast of fanatical joy, ready for her gospel and the precious chains she sought to bind him with.

That was more than enough for Canaan, even if it wasn’t enough for the worthless that thought otherwise. Those meat-sacks, content and lazy in their fortified security would never know that beyond their walls the world started to crumble. There was a delightful tension in the air, the stirring bubbling energy of change coiling deep in the belly of those who no longer wished to be stagnant and yearned for a chance to rend flesh from muscle and bone. For this one slight, Tibet’s eagerness to please and move forward, she would give no punishment. Despite his supposed filth, he had done a great deal more for her order than most and she couldn’t fault him for that.

No, his value went beyond those who felt content and safe to remain passive. She would take the aggressive, no matter their blood, and mold them to her liking until the forgotten and downtrodden screamed her name with the passion of the obedient and loyal.

There could be no doubt here, in her choice. No lack of faith. No hesitation. She would take Tibet because no one else would. She would be gracious, and kind, and understanding, because that was what was demanded of her order. Then she would twist them, her little soldiers, into saliva slick teeth and claws set to kill.

Yes, for she also demanded sacrifice, even if no one else would.

The cry of the great beast in the sky signified her arrival and she came with polite smile and all the authority of the carefully poised. She was a woman of grace, no matter her scares or the passion that dwelled in the depths of her gaze. She was not simply some avatar, some figurehead, for religious madness—

She was that madness, wrapped tightly in the flesh of any duchess. Elevated beyond simplistic beast nature until otherworldly became the only proper word to describe her. Until, perhaps, they may truly think her a god and not just a wolf who proclaimed as such.

All of it just some wicked game.

Yesss,” She hissed, a soft whisper of pleasure, with twisted tone and near unrecognizable accent—for she came from beyond the fringe, just like her mother, and had undoubtedly inherited her posture and tongue.

I can feel it too. I know what you need.

She can feel your hunger, she feels it just the same. Some clawing thing for more, maddening, wicked, perverse—

Have you come to take them? Our lambs? From the arms of debauchery?

Could he prove he held the conviction? The power? To go beyond their petty prejudice? Had he earned his place among them as their equal through his humiliation and blood? Through his sweat and efforts?

With a rolling purr Canaan slipped from her place upon the rocks and she came before the small gathering with fluffed up fur and teeth displaying grin. His excitement, his energy, was infectious, and this court that collected slowly around them were just as irrelevant as the howling pain beyond their lands.

Only one star shined brilliantly tonight, it’s radiance calling out for recognition.

Darken gave it freely.

So Canaan went to her first, a rolling beast of muscle and patience, and with a gentle nudge of nose she blessed her follower with a flick of tongue across her muzzle and a sound of pleasure. Yes, let them see Tibet’s worth and not just the oddity of his being.

You will have to take it, hold tight to it.” Canaan said, and while her gaze was upon Tibet—so focused and frenzied—she kept her body pressed against Darken. “Can you do that? Are you strong enough? Can you hoist the problems of this reality upon your back?

Or would he bow, like they all did, in the face of destruction.

Because if they come, demanding your tongue, I want you to sing… even as they tear it from you.

Yes, sing…

Sing for me.

Always for me.

Offline Nastasia

• I just stopped believing in happy endings,
  • Death Valley
  • Regular
  • but you had to come along, didn't you?
  • Liked: 23
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 02:28:51 AM »
The embattled High Priestess rank had been of some interest to Nastasia. Since Kanji's disappearance, she supposed it was only a matter of time before someone rose to claim the empty throne. Nastasia had kept her ears pricked for the inevitable battle cry in the distance -- but she had expected a howl, not the bizarre, gibbering shriek that echoed over the horizon, jabbing like pins and needles through her ears. The sound made Nastasia's blood curdle as she recognized it for its monstrosity.

She answered the call in the same way as an officer would rise to the sound of an alarm. She was a judge of Oukoku-Kai; one of its staunchest adherents, entrusted with carrying out the law of the land. She saw the bonds that she clutched closely to her chest being violated. She would not permit it.

The sight of Tibet turned her stomach. He paraded himself about on all fours, like a wolf, but his body was elongated and twisted, anatomically warped, with a spine that extended far beyond the reach of his limbs. He didn't walk, he slithered. When he sat, his entire body coiled. More serpent -- more DRAGON - than wolf. Her incarnadine stare was like a weight of condemnation on Tibet's wretched head. The azure woman rarely let her disdain show openly, but here, she wore it like a brand. Abomination, that look of disgust said. Mistake of nature. You have no place here.

It didn't matter if Tibet knew their customs. Repentance should be the aim of every heathen that was accepted into Oukoku-Kai, but nothing could change Tibet's nature. It was not something that could be redeemed.

Darken, a woman that Nastasia held in high esteem, accepted Tibet as a brother. Nastasia had to wonder if Darken's origins as a convert had made her naive. Nastasia narrowed her eyes, the outrage that was broiling in her stomach rising in a heated rush of words: "Absolutely not--!"

But it was silenced by the arrival of her God. The fire went cold, and Nastasia found herself cowed by Canaan's presence. She took a tentative step backwards, expecting, at first, for Canaan to abolish this spark of audacity that Tibet brazenly flaunted, but as she spoke, it was to subvert every expectation that Nastasia had.

Nastasia gaped. The disbelief she felt was so profound that it penetrated her stoic affect. For once, Judge Logos's mask cracked.

Her vicious tongue was suddenly leaden in her mouth. She could not oppose her Rosa. Chinensis's judgment was absolute and unerring. Nastasia could only helplessly watch, her mind utterly blank, as Canaan praised Tibet as one of her own.

Judge Logos was quiet, from thereon.

For I am an engine
And I'm rolling on
Through endless revisions to state what I mean
For sweetness alone who flew out through the window
And landed back home in a garden of green

[ #616D7E ] | played by Sunblink since 9/18/14
   » tracker

Offline Theodosius

• Death Valley
  • Initiate
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 11:31:22 PM »
He had breached every normality.  Once a wolf found themselves lost in the shadows, they always succumbed to the maze or the tar pits.  There were many lost souls, even former valued members, that littered the floors of the mazes and pits.  It just went to show that the pack itself was a cesspool, and anyone who tried to escape was instantly caught up into the bladed wires.  Or the teeth of the paranoid members.  The white-marked Jin found himself less scared of the outer world, maybe because he'd seen it himself.  If only a little.  He didn't adhere to the religion as much as he reckoned he ought, though he regarded the White Rose in the manner his family always did: offer his loyalty.  Even though his brutality was much less than some.

However, he had a sister that kept side-by-side with the Rosas, reddened eyes scanning across much of Oukoku's activity.  She had not, however, expected her 'dead' brother to come back one misty, cold night.  He trusted her judgment, mainly because she was the only thing in the new age that he recognized.  But he could think for himself, and the sight of the challenging force brought a stiffly raised brow into his normally grey, blank face.  A hellhound, of all things, had wormed his way into the ranks and picked off the priests one by one to challenge for the head rank itself?  Where was Hayley, wasn't she the High Priestess?

Or did he kill her to make room for himself?  Black ears flicked back upon approaching the scene.  The way his sister looked upon the speckled one gave the Jin a hint.  The speckled one was a Rosa, and through her words he could tell that her viciousness was nothing close to the suave words of Neriminda.  In retrospect, he would have bowed willingly, immediately, to the Rosas without another word.  Partly because he valued his life.  Partly because somewhere deep down, he believed some of what they said.

The fire-colored creature before him was evidence of that.  The White Jin took a seat beside his sister, and while her expression was dismayed, his was... blank.  In the grey area, as always, he pricked those pointy ears and listened to each and every word spoken.  His littermate's laments didn't go unheard, rather he acknowledged with a slight turn of his large head to glance at her bloody irises.  It seemed the two shared the same thought.  How the Red Dragon had managed to slice into their ranks was nearly appalling to him.  Had he been a bold man, he would have called Tibet out for it.  But he was quiet, keeping his judgment to himself.  "Hmm," he hummed aloud, absentmindedly, but nothing after that.

Never a word.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 11:32:15 PM by Theodosius »
✂ - - - - - - - - - -
T H E O D O S I U S
cold cold, freezing freezing

[Touch my neck and I'll touch yours
You in those little high-waisted shorts, oh
She knows what I think about
And what I think about
One love, two mouths
One love, one house
No shirt, no blouse
Just us, you find out
Nothing that I wouldn't wanna tell you about, no
'Cause it's too cold
For you here and now
So let me hold
Both your hands in the holes of my sweater]

Offline RAVEN;

• Initiate
  • This is your personal text.
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 01:52:25 AM »
Change was dangerous, change was good, change was unpredictable - it was not for her to interpret the meaning of change but to observe it and adapt. Raven floated through life much like her namesake, too far above the Others to bother interacting but always watching, waiting for an opportunity to swoop in and pick the last bits of flesh from a fresh corpse. She was not interested in doing the dirty work herself (violence was dirty) but she knew the importance of cleaning of messes. Change was interesting, but sometimes it had to be undone. Stagnation was never desirable, but radicalism was a fire that would destroy their civilization if left to burn. It was a fine line, and it was her job to ensure that no one fell off the tightrope.

Still, the red beast before her deserved a chance to prove himself.

Raven, ever the observer, had come here knowing how important it was that she witness this event, regardless of the outcome. She was not here only to watch Tibet, but to gauge the reactions of the others as well. Logos' objections did not go unnoticed, nor did Rengyo's encouragements. So there was a split crowd - that was something noteworthy. Something that would have to be looked into more closely, at another time, when those under suspicion would have no reason to be suspicious of her. She made a mental note to seek them out later.

But of course, there was only one opinion that truly mattered here  - a God walked amongst them, and she seemed to support Tibet's endeavor, in her typical enigmatic manner. It was decided, then; the changing of the guard had taken place with little more than a demand to sing. It was...peculiar, to say the least, but Raven had come to expect nothing less from her house's leader. There must have been a reason, some ulterior motive that she was not privileged enough to be informed of. She felt a pang of jealousy at the thought, but it was not shown on her face. Her eyes glowed like two pale moons in the darkness, focusing on Tibet, waiting for his reaction. For his song.

She did not speak, only stood and watched. Despite her low rank, there was something almost authoritative in the way she carried herself. Perhaps it was the quiet confidence that came from knowing she had the ability to fly above all these beasts. She was as calm as the still surface of a lake, moments after it had swallowed a victim too tired to paddle anymore. Silent, she waited. Observed. Fulfilled her God-given duty.

(profile)
(played by adiemus)

Offline Tibet

• Death Valley
  • Initiate
  • AWAKE O SLEEPER
  • Liked: 11
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 01:49:20 PM »
They were surrounding him.

Tibet looked to Darken, his eyes roving over her face just a moment after his reptilian head turned. It was an infinitesimal difference, but an important that that separated him from the wolves; her movement and color (washed-out and warped as it was) alone defined her to him. Well, that wasn't quite fair. He smelled her as well, a soft scent, flowers and motherhood and plaintive pride in him. He knew her by her kindness and her altruism. Thanks to the rengyo, he knew more about this world than he had before he'd crossed paths with her, and that was more precious than so many realized.

He smiled with a hard, lipless mouth; it showed no teeth. "Thank you, miss Darken. That means so much."

Maybe someday she would look back on this moment and feel a new grief open up in her chest like a blossom with poisonous petals. Maybe someday she would think of him and remember when he could be so sincere and unblemished. When the desire to be good, the desire to be loved, was simple and clean and had not once led anyone to misery.

But real gods required blood.

And real gods did not love you back unless you feared them.

Patchy blue, then. It entered after Darken and affixed him with a smoldering, contemptuous gaze, deep ruby red like the center of a pomegranate. The kind of woman who looked like she could piss ice water. Not that Tibet was given to such vulgar similes, of course. She pushed back, stomped the rengyo's approval into the gritty sand, hissed absolutely NOT, the bang of a judge's gavel, the hate of the god-fearing for a demon. Tibet watched Nastasia carefully. Not hurt, said that curious look, nor cowed so easily. He licked once corner of his mouth where dryness had gathered.

"Why not?" asked he innocently enough, though some measure of its former naivete had gone. He knew why not, or why perhaps not anyway, but... he would be their high priest, first and foremost. He wanted to hear all logos might say, no matter how scathing and abusive.

Raven and Theodosius, silent and watchful, more barracudas in the tank. Then HER. Saga. Chinensis.

She asked him if he would save the heathens from themselves.

She asked if he was strong enough to do that until the dawn his soul and body parted ways for good.

And the hellion boy breathed, "Yes. I wasn't sure before. Now I am. There's... nothing I want more, my Rosa. I want to unite all creatures... teach them to praise and worship..." He bowed his head, the horns curving in like a halo or perhaps a crown of thorns. "I'm cursed. I'm not a real wolf. Not like all of you." Looked briefly to the growing crowd, to Nastasia and Raven and Theo alike, meeting every set of eyes. "But I was saved and taught. I was forgiven for what I am. Now I -- I need to share that blessing."

For what good was such a precious gift if he kept it all to himself like a dragon on the hoard?

"I'll sing for you, my Rosa. I'm very sorry if it sounds strange."

Tibet tipped his head back, a little too sharply. It was not an natural movement; someone perceptive might deduce that he was trying to mimic a wolf's howl. But the noise that emerged from him was nothing like that dulcet, eerie call. It started out high, a mournful ululation that carried on for one long unwavering note before abruptly breaking off into something staccato and throaty. Like an ancient bird, flightless, prehistoric, beak still serrated with teeth.

He tried again, managed to hold the first note a little longer this time, and would carry on until Canaan proclaimed it was enough.

(Could even prayer beautify the otherworldly song of a monster?)
Oh, Abraham would raise his hands
And mourn this very day
For his children left the promised land
In search of their own way

Played by Kotake

Offline Sphinx

• Death Valley
  • Regular
  • True Bond of Gigantea
  • Liked: 47
  • Likes Given: 32
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 01:56:31 PM »
Sphinx arrived on scene as per usual, smile warm and pure and eyes half-lidded. She was the same. Despite her long, unexcused absence from the valley's most active list, she was the same. No new stories to tell, no new secrets to hide. Same, same, same. Feminine body moved slowly through the small crowd until it came to a stop next to the youngest, where it would neatly sit. "Hello, dear Raven." Voice as friendly as ever, with light notes of amusement drifting in the background--she was the same.

It was like it was just any other day for her in Oukoku-Kai. Any other normal day in the valley. You okay, baby girl? It's like your stuck on repeat. It wasn't like an unproven, foul-blooded creature--a creature whose name had been shouted by the Red Dragon's flames themselves--was about to take a place designed for only the most righteous of wolves. It wasn't like a child, one that embodied none of her precious Grendel's spirit, had appointed a second child, one with an even more glaring absence of what it was to be Gigantea, as the White Seour.

There would have been a day where she had forcibly shook those blasphemous thoughts from her mind, dislodging them easily with a a heavy dose of unwavering belief. Now, she let them simmer, bubbling below just below the surface of those amused, half-lidded green eyes of hers. The only thing that might have given her away was the almost imperceptible nod of approval that came when she heard Nastasia's anger and disbelief.

She couldn't help it. The other woman's outrage spoke volumes on what she was feeling inside. Despite these feelings, Sphinx only watched... just as she had only watched at first during Jezebeth's own usurping of Hayley.

While her paws itched for her to move forward, to set something in motion as she had then, she stayed completely still. Even as Tibet tilted his head back and exposed his neck. She could have ripped it out... Just like Hayley's. She could have stopped that monstrous noise from tainting the valley. She wouldn't though. Canaan was already here. The Red Rosa had already made her decree. Sphinx wasn't suicidal.

High Priest...

Maybe it was good it had never been her. She watched Tibet's exchange with the Red Rosa with a practiced "warm" expression. Her usual hatred for him was missing, and her usual adoring look for the Goddess was gone. Maybe it was for the best that the title was never placed on her head. She had wanted it before. She had wanted it so very badly once. For him, for the true Gigantea. Now that he was gone though? Well, maybe it was for the best she wasn't the one chosen to lead the valley's denizens towards the righteous light of the gods.

It was for the best... because since Grendel left, she wasn't sure she believed in any of them anymore.

ooc; please forgive any mistakes, trying to brush the dust off!
Tiny edit to include Tibet's last post! Sorry, I'm slow ^_^;
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 02:01:00 PM by Sphinx »

I am the patron saint of lost causes,

A fraction of who I once believed.
Only a matter of time...
Opinions I would try and rewrite.
If life had background music playing your song...
I've got to be honest, I tried to escape you,
But the orchestra plays on, and they sang...

Oh oh, things are gonna change now, for the better.

Offline Neptune

• Death Valley
  • Initiate
  • Son of Nightfrost and Artemis
    • My status
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2017, 06:04:03 PM »
The azure assassin heard the shriek in the night- Tibet's scream as he pleaded with his god for purpose- and lifted his head from the water which he drank to listen. Neptune recognized that cry, the strange warbled voice that echoed in his mind so familiarly. Before the Jin could process the thought, he moved, driven by some unconscious curiosity at his friend's ambition.

High Priest, hmm?

Neptune's breath curled misty in the air as he approached the gathering of wolves (and hellhound hybrid), orange eyes blinking as Nastasia exclaimed, "Absolutely not--!" the moment he came abreast of Tibet, ever so close and unaware of the danger that dwelled dark and angry, one mad eye blazing just nearby.

But his orange gaze was held by another- no, not the young hybrid son of Tezcacoatl, who uttered his curious response to the Judge's outburst, but the eastern star Canaan as the Red Rose gave her sermon whilst wrapped around the Rengyo (although Neptune had yet to meet the maternal wolf personally, nor did he know of her rank).

“You will have to take it, hold tight to it. Can you do that? Are you strong enough? Can you hoist the problems of this reality upon your back? Because if they come, demanding your tongue, I want you to sing… even as they tear it from you. Sing for me.

Neptune held his breath, body pausing as though he was frozen in time at that moment. Canaan's voice seemed to rise and echo between the bodies gathered there, and in the stillness, there was the motionless moment of silence which hung heavy before Tibet finally replied.

"Yes. I wasn't sure before. Now I am. There's... nothing I want more, my Rosa. I want to unite all creatures... teach them to praise and worship... I'm cursed. I'm not a real wolf. Not like all of you. But I was saved and taught. I was forgiven for what I am. Now I -- I need to share that blessing."

Breath released, some curious emotion curled at the edges of his mind, and tangerine eyes watched intently as the hellion hybrid's streamlined skull curved upwards sharply. "Tibet..." the jin murmured under his breath.

"I'll sing for you, my Rosa. I'm very sorry if it sounds strange."

And Tibet sang, that single note alive with meaning and promise. Neptune closed his eyes, breathing out through his nose as the green eye'd hybrid's song echoed into the night.

Peace be with you.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 06:29:15 PM by Ren »

P R O F I L E
Well my goodness gracious let me tell you the news!
My head's been wet with the midnight dew,
I've been down on bended knee talkin' to the man from Galilee.
He spoke to me in the voice so sweet,
I thought I heard the shuffle of the angel's feet.
He called my name and my heart stood still,
When he said, "John go do My will!"

Go tell that long tongue liar,
Go and tell that midnight rider,
Tell the rambler, the gambler, the back biter-
Tell 'em that God's gonna cut 'em down.

Tell 'em that God's gonna cut 'em down.

Text color: Steelblue
Played by Ren since: March 15, 2014

Offline Darken.

• Death Valley
  • Regular
  • The Gardener.
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 10:15:24 PM »
He regards her with respect and a formal title. She sees things in him that she only saw in Ezra. A desire to learn and do good. She wishes, momentarily that any of her children would have been successful as he had. So devout and pure of heart. He was a man who came from so very little, a man who stood apart from everyone else, but here he was, the future high priest.

“Your welcome Tibet, but you do not need to thank me for offering praise you deserve” she pushes him to do good for himself, to stand up for himself the way her dead child never could. She wanted to see him thrive, and for the first time since the death of her child and the disappearance in her wife she had faith. Not in herself or her gods, but at least in someone.

It is dashed by Nastasia, a respectable wolf, but someone who reminded her so much of her wife, mostly in the rank she held. Oh how she wished she could have spent time with Nevada in the ways she imagined Nastasia had. To be her college and equal. Nastasia would never understand being a heathen though. She was born here; she was raised her.

Absolutely not. She says, she declares her position.  A judge.  “Nastasia” she says, “I think you ought to think it through before-“ and then her Rosa is there, she cuts herself off, she bows politely, “This is not our choice”  she says to the blue woman, quickly and curtly.

Her god anoints her, kisses her, reminds her that she not only owns her, but loves her. She was forgiven. She was meant to be in this valley. She doesn’t know what to say, so she listens. She wishes Nevada were here, she wishes it so badly, to see her getting blessed in such a way by her god, to see god agreeing with her.

"Thank you my rosa"

Chinensis, pressed against her. She feels full of hope and life, but also she is reminded that she too has to please god, had to prove herself, she would never have to stop proving herself.

When Tibet sings, it doesn’t fill her with wonder or awe, but with sadness. It was an odd and distant song, nothing she had ever heard, but came with an eeriness that took her back to a childhood home that taught her to lie and fight and kill. Of false gods and prophets.

She smiles at him though, pretends his tune hasn’t shaken her deeply, she hides away true feelings. Perhaps any song that day would have been more of a funeral hymn for her, life was hard after all, especially when she was so old and alone.

One day she would feel gods love again, more deeply, in a warm place instead of a cold place.

I saw a country bifurcated by more than just the presence and absence of light,
 but by lives cast aside and lost and uncared for; the walked away and the thrown-away on one side,
and on the other, those who pretended not to see them, because not seeing is easier.
And I saw someone forced to walk both sides of the metaphor,
to learn that the greatest cruelty is our casual blindness to the despair of others,
that there but for the grace of whatever god you subscribe to goes any of us.
And finally, I realized that I had found what I was looking for,
without ever being quite sure what it was.
I found a story that would make my own life make sense again.
#A783B7
Played by Critter

Offline Canaan`

• Saga
  • Leader
  • Apprentice
  • Rosa Chinensis
  • Liked: 43
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 01:00:55 PM »
If Canaan was aware of the confusion, of the disgust, of the absolute abhorrence toward Tibet she seemed blissfully unaware. Indeed, her smile never cracked nor did it flee from her serene and peaceful face. It held her expression of patience, of tolerance, together quite well even as the roc above her screeched all the indignation and fury of the fanatic straight-laced believer. Perhaps, for all her god-like glory, Canaan was no longer the blood thirsty warrior she’d been upon her arrival. Perhaps, much like the licentious and worthless, she’d become content in their perverse sense of peace and prosperity.

Nonsense.

She saw Death Valley for what it was. Could see the wolves around her, some that claimed with little conviction to belong to her—as if they were actually worthy, as if they were pure enough to follow without question—as the hungry sacks of meat and flesh they actually were. Each worm, with their idle complaints and unearned privilege, couldn’t possibly fathom the weight of coveting True Order, could they? They were not FirstBorn avatars. They were not forged in war or fire. No, not her children, with their stiff mannerism and confusion wrinkled muzzles.

It was time to change that. It was time to cause pain. Time to push structured discipline as a form of worship all the while driving them faster toward madness. 

Because, ultimately, they were all mad here, weren’t they? Mad and soft and fat when they should have been starving for more.

Time to introduce hunger, time to introduce greed, time to carefully corrupt and warp until nothing more than a slobbering mess remained at her paws.

Aaaah. Now, wouldn’t that be delightful. All her little warriors, marked physically in red.

And it was start with one seed at first, then several more carefully cultivated plants, but this one—Tibet—was the very first.

What a proper plant he was, to boot. He asked the questions those who lacked introspect would. He spoke to the Judge as if she were but a pup meant to coddle and humor. Ultimately, weren’t they all being coddled and humored? To closed off, Canaan thought, and that would be their undoing. They best learn, quickly and efficiently, what it really meant to be red.

So when Tibet spoke Canaan’s smile grew all the wider. Manic, fervent, passionate. Yes, she wanted his praise and his devotion, but she wanted something else too, something that went beyond just his body, just his mind, just his voice. He’d pay her, soon enough.

So she allowed him to sing as others filtered in. She allowed him to sing while wolves approached with false necessity and practiced respect—to practiced, to fake, what a sorry cult they’d all become.

And it was only when she had her gathered audience did she approached, head bobbing in reverence.

A pretty song, to be sure. Yet, that is not enough. That is not the song I want, my red flower.” For, his pelt matched the part. All fire and brimstone. An omen of death and perhaps, soon enough, a return to tradition. One she was so very eager to enact. “Bow.

She’d stand before him, patient and expression thoughtfully blank and so long as he lowered his head she would lift a paw to gently place upon it… before she slowly began to add excessive weight and force to the hold—

On your belly, my cute flower. Like the worm you are, the filth you are. You and your high praise is welcome enough, but the song I want to hear is one of rebirth.

There’s a click of her tongue against the back of her teeth and so long as Tibet does not resist she would place both paws—once he is laying upon his belly—onto his abnormal back.

You are right to acknowledge the worthlessness of your blood and had I been greedy or cruel that blood would be mixed among our tar. For, isn’t that what you are? A sacrifice for the pits? Just one more suckling creature meant for eradication before you sully our world and destroy our paradise?

Her words, though unkind, are soft and amused. “Were I Yellow I’d see no value in you and were I White I’d have skinned you. Yet I am Red and I have the gift of foresight, of forgiveness, of rebirth and chance…

Amongst their sadism.

You will bleed for me, for us. You will preach and pray and scream your devotions to the high heavens but ultimately you will always be slave to us. I will wrap you up, give you pretty titles, and you will prove you deserve to live by teaching my children that they deserve such more. You will show me your love and give them your pain while using your knowledge.

Slowly she arched her back into a casual stretch, thoughtful--- “You have learned so much from wolves, haven’t you? My worm? Yet, we will teach you more than simplistic academia.

With a snort she looked over the crowd, though her gaze lingered on Nastasia before it narrowed in a delight most perverse—“Tibet, I will bless you with this position, but you will bleed for it.

--“If you do well here, if my children allow you to succeed, you will take to the fields and sing our praises to others who look like you, smell like you, and you will lead that stray filth back here for judgement.”

Did Nastasia understand now? Did she see Canaan’s ploy?

Could any of them truly understand the beginning of this movement? A movement toward purity?

They would dangle their lure and enslave the trash beyond their walls. They would have Tibet spread his gospel and slaughter the unclean and barbaric. What better way to hunt the slime of hell than to send their own domesticated pet?

We will no longer sit idle while the others do nothing. You can do that, can’t you? Bring them to us? The unworthy? So we can… fix them?

Then she laughed, something soft and twinkling, all honey and eagerness right before, with vicious snarl, she twisted her head down to bite hard at the still hopefully immobilized Tibet, right at that space between shoulder blades and back of neck. She chews and snarls and digs her claws in tight, wanting him to hurt for his people.

Because, she needed him to sing for them.

Show them what a good boy you are.

Show them you’ll be their shepherd and give them the blood they really want.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 01:01:34 PM by Canaan` »

Offline Nastasia

• I just stopped believing in happy endings,
  • Death Valley
  • Regular
  • but you had to come along, didn't you?
  • Liked: 23
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2017, 12:03:29 AM »
Nastasia knew from the moment that Canaan arrived that she had misspoke. For that instant, she felt as she did when she had slighted Nhu during her first Auction - hushed and again reduced to an insecure, belligerent, posturing little nightmare of a child, cowering in the presence of her betters, having to leech off of Acetone's prestige in order to accrue her own. Only this time, while all the Rosa shared equal power as Gods, Nastasia had offended her favored deity. All she could do now was utter her sincerest apologies and shrink herself in the hopes that, in her incredible magnanimity, Canaan would choose to dismiss her outburst.

This time, Chinensis was merciful. She did not immediately address Nastasia's protestations. Instead she coaxed a song from the snake boy's malformed jaws and leaned back to appraise him in silence. Unlike Canaan, she had no ear for this song. Tibet's voice was high and alien; a clumsily uttered, warbling note that staggered through the breeze, instead of floating on it. And once it ended, Nastasia didn't think anything of it, and if she did, it was not her place to say it aloud. Darken had embraced her role as the forgiving matron, and other spectators had trickled in to gawk at the affair.

Canaan advanced. Tibet stooped in supplication, body coiling like a scolded anaconda. Nastasia watched, uncertain, but ever-stonefaced. The weight of Canaan's paw on Tibet turned to punishment as she leaned on him, pushing him to the ground. Nastasia watched, faintly bewildered. Canaan towered over Tibet like an executioner leveling her ax; Tibet's head dripping on the chopping block. That imperious, cold gaze turned towards her. She realized that Canaan was inviting her to draw blood.

Canaan's laugh as she turned her teeth upon their new High Priest was frighteningly girlish.

Canaan laughed as she threw open Oukoku-Kai's gates for all manner of hell-beast that stalked the Straits.

Nero fiddles as Rome burns.

If there was any deception, Nastasia would not be the first to expect it. Not from Chinensis. In her mind, there was no ploy. These were merely the caprices of a God whose judgment was beyond the comprehension of mere mortals. Canaan had asked Nastasia to help her dispose of a body; Nastasia had complied. It made her stomach broil in revulsion, but she had complied. She had gone home afterwards and thought about Lilith pushing a wolf from behind, and the long drop to the tar pit below.

Gods thought in ways beyond her understanding - that was how she chose to accept it. It was easier than thinking that a madwoman (a aberration such as Lilith) had taken command of the Red Order.

Nastasia was not a mindless zealot. She was smarter than your average Bible-thumper. She had been indoctrinated since birth, but under all the brainwashing was still an intact understanding of right and wrong that existed independently from Oukoku-Kai's doctrine. She carefully evaluated the choices before her. She pondered the meaning behind Canaan's declaration - her promise of ushering in new, reformed hellions and forgiving them for their wretchedness. She determined that it didn't matter what she thought. One particular task had been asked of her, and that was for her to participate in the ugly business of scrubbing Tibet clean.

They would bleed the impurity out of him.

Nastasia approached Tibet, at first hesitating, watching him thrash about in the dirt like a salmon. She had to wonder, fleetingly, if Darken thought she was taking some cruel pleasure out of torturing Tibet. The answer was: she wasn't. This was just another task to be carried out with brutal, perfunctory necessity. Steel did not cry or bleed or feel sympathy or terror.

Nastasia would have growled, Hold still, but that's not the way of Oukoku-Kai. Oukoku Warriors were silent. She went for Tibet's tail, attacking it with vicious snaps until she at last captured it between her jaws, twisting her head to drag her teeth along the snakeskin.

For I am an engine
And I'm rolling on
Through endless revisions to state what I mean
For sweetness alone who flew out through the window
And landed back home in a garden of green

[ #616D7E ] | played by Sunblink since 9/18/14
   » tracker

Offline Kotake

• Hero
  • Diagnosis is bleak.
  • Liked: 2708
  • Likes Given: 2520
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2017, 02:26:10 PM »
Placeholder conclusion until I stop effing around and give it a real one...

- Tibet is overjoyed at the gift, so much that he could weep. They are his entire world now. He no longer belongs to himself, but to something vastly more powerful and beautiful, and he accepts his "death" with open arms, a shiny new thing willing to be gutted.

- Blissfully unaware of their revulsion, their hatred, their lust for his blood (all except Neptune, and perhaps Darken, his friends), he makes them a silent promise, a holy vow.

- Canaan wants him to find those who look like him and lead them here for salvation. There could be no better job, no honor more fitting, couldn't there? He doesn't see the gruesome trap. He agrees.

- They attack. They bleed the impurity out of him. The pain is intense and nauseating as his flesh tears, but he does not strike back or scream or beg for mercy. This is what their acceptance feels like. He tries hard to welcome it.

- High Priest. Icarus flies to touch the sun.

when you cut the globe like an apple core
there was a worm in the middle that
the drugs couldn't cure

[3:42:33 PM] Gyr: I'm a punk rocker I don't believe in rules.  - Kotake 2017