Author Topic: Willow shall I Wander (visiting;trading)  (Read 369 times)

Offline Ayliyra

• Til your blinded eyes can see Your Own lies
  • Apprentice
  • The stars will recount my last days
  • Liked: 3
  • Likes Given: 0
Willow shall I Wander (visiting;trading)
« on: October 10, 2016, 06:31:59 PM »
It had been so long now since she began her trek southward, learning, practicing, improving to try and avoid making the same mistakes as last time. Of course she still made mistakes and she knew it. Each time she took stock after a session she always spotted some mistake she'd made, something she could have, should have done differently. It worried her that one day she might make a mistake that wouldn't go unnoticed or worse that not only would not go unnoticed but would result in her having more than she could deal with. There was no help for it though. If she was going to find anyone she would have to take those risks, she would have to gamble all she had left which was nothing more than her life and her wits. She had nothing else, not really, not on any real permanent basis. She could make do though, she had before even though she'd had even less then than she did now. Oh yes she was not about to make the same mistake here that she had there. Not that she minded being lucky but she didn't want to use up all her luck for something that a better thought, a better plan could handle just as well.

So she had planned and thought going over everything she knew, reviewing anything that might be useful, that might increase her chance of success without, hopefully, increasing the risk. What she'd finally come up with..had led her here. She had finally decided that if she was going to go back to that place like she'd said she would, she would need more than what she'd offered the first time, which meant she needed a way to get more, or learn more since what she knew was limited. But even she was able to deduce that plants, especially large ones, needed water. Everything needed water after all, but not everywhere had lots of water to spare. So why not use such knowledge to her advantage yes?

So she'd collected willow bark as close to the outer reaches as she could so that it would be as fresh as possible when she found somewhere, since she knew there were packs that lived in such barren places, to trade it to. It had been an awkward journey carrying a mouthful of tree bark with her everywhere she went but she had no other way to carry it, and hopefully it would be worth it in the end anyhow. So as she reached the border careful to maintain a good respectful distance instead of crowding the border which was as much for her own safety as for the residents peace of mind, she set down her trade goods and gave a respectful call to let anyone nearby they had a guest at the door.

Offline Rieal [RL things so mostly lurking, RPing when able]

• Quoth The Raven...
  • Hero
  • Nevermore!
    • Warriors Prelude
  • Liked: 162
  • Likes Given: 455
Re: Willow shall I Wander (visiting;trading)
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 09:08:48 PM »
((hellooooo?))
might disappear

~The raven strikes at midnight~

*Servicemen don't make MISTAKES, they make DECISIONS.*

±Credit cards aren't money..just wishful thinking±

If you want to understand me go Here and Here and also Here
My Charries

I survived the Snowflake
Christmas Name Change 2010

Offline Brigadier

• Ukoo
  • Initiate
  • what a jerk
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 10:32:05 AM »
(wrote this really fast, pardon any grammar mistakes please!)

He heard the call from nearby, respectful, and unmistakably wolven in nature. Brigadier's eyebrows furrowed as he stood; why was a wolf calling at the border? Surely they had better places to go. Ukoo was as remote as they came; a barren waste tucked between lands ruled by dangerous big cats. No one just "wandered by". Actually, he supposed that wasn't true. He had wandered by... well, he had gotten lost and nearly died of thirst. Now he was glad for it.

Brig stood, shaking his short coat free of dust. His floppy ears flapped nosily as he bit back a dusty sneeze. He'd stretch for a brief second, then set off at a brisk trot. Might as well check out who was on the border. That was, if Trident didn't beat him there. That girl was damn near fanatical about keeping 'zee Fisi Ukoo safe from invaders' or something along those lines. He couldn't blame her, Ukoo had grown on him slowly. It was a crap hole, but it was his crap hole and the beasts that lived here were kind and deserved a safe place to call home. Perhaps especially Trident...no, Yaroul, he corrected himself mentally. 

His thoughts preoccupied, Brigadier suddenly  realized the source of the sound was now in sight, a small lone wolf with a dusty brown and gold pelt. She wasn't particularly large, but she was still bigger than he was. Most wolves were. She was seated alongside the border. She had minded that at least, maintaining her distance from the marked border of Ukoo land. Brig approached with his head held low, a force of habit; he never wanted to show his throat to an unknown beast. As he drew closer he noticed a pile of something at her feet.

Tree bark?

He come within about ten paces of her before taking a seat. Blue eyes regarding her carefully. He figured he could handle her if she proved to be trouble. Although she didn't look particularly dangerous or aggressive. Brigadier was used to sizing up threats at all time. "What do you want wolf?" He spit the last word subconsciously, old vitriol coloring his words. "Come to trade?" Despite the bite to his words Brigadier smiled, an overconfident grin splitting his square muzzle.

Did he have the authority to do this? Probably not. Eh...Yaroul'd bail him out if he got in trouble. Probably... maybe. He hoped so.

"I hope for your sake you're more bark than bite." Brigadier sI am pretty dumbed, laughing at his own joke as he shot the unknown wolf a cheeky grin.

I’ll be gone for good, out there with the creatures in the woods
And I’ll be understood, make friends with the pagans in the nude
I’ll be no different, just a little less interested
In all that new world crap
‘Cause there ain’t no new world in the sticks

Played by Bloody

Offline Ayliyra

• Til your blinded eyes can see Your Own lies
  • Apprentice
  • The stars will recount my last days
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 07:35:16 PM »
While she waited for an answer to her howl she took careful note of the scents here, of course that didn't mean she was audibly or even visibly doing so, she knew better than that. She knew exactly what the price would be if someone showed up and thought she was a threat, she'd been a pack wolf herself before she'd been exiled. Of course it was her experience as a pack wolf that had allowed her to get this far, because she did know what things sentries and the like looked for, what they wanted and also what they did not want and she used that knowledge and experience to her advantage. By the time the scent of an approaching individual reached her she had already determined that this place was likely struggling, the border scent seemed weaker than what a border scent would normally be and it seemed to be lacking in the depth and complexity that would indicate there were several sentries guarding the entry points. There were no guarantees of course but she had been in struggling packs that were lacking in numbers on more than one occasion and she knew how those places had smelled and this place..smelled rather similar. It occurred to her that she might have been able to just slip across the border and see for herself and it would be unlikely that anyone would have noticed her or been able to do much about it even if they had.

Those were risks she was unwilling to take though, at least not without good enough reason, which at present she didn't really have one. Of course she supposed she could make an argument for this place holding her friends and family hostage and captive against their wills if she really tried or even if she didn't but even then this place wouldn't be as high u on her list as other locales and those were the places she was saving her luck for. Now that the scents owner was coming into better view, his scent had long since reached her and been the first thing about him she could assess, she was able to tell that he was likely smaller than her but stocky. Small she was used to as his scent had already told her he was a dog and she had met dogs before, her friend Alue was a dog actually though she hadn't seen her in a very long time now, the stockiness though..that was new. The lowered position of the head, that was also interesting and since he didn't seem to be afraid, which was just one of the reasons she could think of for the lowered head, likely meant she would need to be careful here since the other reasons she could think of for a lowered head were irritability and hostility.

Both of those could mean trouble but she'd come across that before as well and could and would deal with it if she had to. Which it seemed she was going to have to though not on the same level as before or so it appeared once the dog started talking and sounding very much like he had an issue with wolves with he had said the word. That sort of..prejudice she'd come across before and it..hadn't gone well. This was not the time to dwell on such thoughts and memories though as she had an act to put on and well laying into the dog for his prejudices as she would have liked to do..would hardly make her act believable and would be more of a risk than it would be worth so she'd let the insult slide.

To the inquiry about being there to trade she would nod, "Yes..yes sir I am". She would speak using her practiced healer sounding voice and being nice and polite despite the fact that he was not. As to the last part about having more bark than bite she didn't know what to make of that except that it was maybe a veiled warning of some kind to not make trouble which she wouldn't if she didn't have to but if someone here got the bright idea to try and attack her they'd find out that she wasn't as defenseless as she was putting on. She still needed to try and allay any fears though so using the same gentle tone she used for instances such as this she spoke. "I am a wanderer and healer, or at least I'm learning about healing and was hoping I could stay for a few days and learn some more about healing here in your pack. I brought some willow bark with me for your pack as payment if you think it's suitable enough".

Of course she didn't know if he'd know the significance of her trade good being willow bark, she didn't even know if he had the authority to grant what she was asking but if he asked she could tell him and truthfully to that willow trees did not grow in this area which would hopefully, at least in theory, be enough to let him know that what she had brought was indeed valuable and perhaps even close to priceless in this dry environment and therefore worth giving something in exchange, which would hopefully be what she wanted..the ability to enter and learn about the territory here.

((it's fine..i kinda rushed this as well so))

Offline Rieal [RL things so mostly lurking, RPing when able]

• Quoth The Raven...
  • Hero
  • Nevermore!
    • Warriors Prelude
  • Liked: 162
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 07:06:53 AM »
*pokes*
might disappear

~The raven strikes at midnight~

*Servicemen don't make MISTAKES, they make DECISIONS.*

±Credit cards aren't money..just wishful thinking±

If you want to understand me go Here and Here and also Here
My Charries

I survived the Snowflake
Christmas Name Change 2010