Author Topic: beachcomber (visitor)  (Read 683 times)

Offline damenster

• Hero
  • the elite wolf guard
  • Liked: 27
  • Likes Given: 14
beachcomber (visitor)
« on: September 30, 2016, 09:14:26 AM »
((This is sanguis he is a shipwreck survivor. I made a poll for him to see where he would wash ashore and stoneclaw became the winner.))

The sea can be treacherous and it takes anything that wonder to far from their comfort zone. A lonely ship was caught in a heavy storm and got torn appeared in the waves. Pieces of debris stay afloat as the rest of the ship disappears under the waves. The sea claims nearly everyone of the ship but spared one sailor. As the storm calms down is there no land visible just the debris that’s left behind of the ship. Days pass by as land became visible but the young man is to weak to fight the sea and swim to the coast and eventually does he lose his consciousness and remains a toy of the sea. Only the sea knew what would happen to the young man.

As low tide sets in are the waves rumble over the rocky beach that was hidden by high tide. As the waves slowly retreat back to sea does it deposit large pieces of wood, sail, crates and barrels of a ship that has been taken by the stormy waves of a few days ago. Beside all the part of the ship and its cargo does there also the young man wash ashore. His body started to give up last night as the cold and hunger became too much for him. he does still hold a piece of wood in his arms that kept his head above water. He is more death then alive but now that he is no longer in the water does he have a better chance of survival. That is pretty much till the point where the sea rises again and drags him back to sea.

It would probably not take long before predatory bird will find him and circle around marking the spot of a near death creature. As he is seriously weakened by the sea does his body still fight to survive. it is pushing him to get back by consciousness so that he can find a save place were the sea is no longer a threat to him. it also marks the question if someone or anything ells would find him before he wakes up, but for now does he lay motionless at the feet of the cliff.
A real hero will always die, but I'm happy that I'm just a hero.
my character bin

prio info
prio 1 = I will make a post as fast as possible.
prio 2 = will work on it when it come out.
prio 3 = can take a wail before I post.

Offline >Nyx<

• Stoneclaw
  • Initiate
  • This is your personal text.
  • Liked: 4
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: beachcomber (visitor)
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 10:55:43 AM »
The sea storm had raged many days before, and the massive black lion had watched it's tantrum. Nature was a cruel thing, as any that lived in the savanna knew, but this place... this place was teaching him lessons he knew nothing of before. The ocean, which bordered the eastern side of their new territory, was stranger still than the towering red wood trees. Nyx liked to sit at the edge of the high cliffs and watch the waves crash upon the rocks below. Also, the sunrises from here were particularly fantastic.

That was the cause of this early morning outing. Before even the sea birds were awake, the Dragoon crossed the forest and exited by the cliffs in a place they now called Execution Point. It was a narrow outcropping that jutted from the sheer cliffs. The perfect place to shove off any that did harm to the pride. Also, a great place to lay out and enjoy the view... to any that didn't mind the heights anyway. And Nyx did not mind at all. He lay comfortably, paws tucked under his massive chest as he waited for the first rays of light to break the horizon.

Sea birds came first. Annoying creatures, they were more curious that he liked, swirling around him. He flicked his tail to shoo them away and payed them little attention otherwise. But they seemed a little different this morning. They were distracted. Circling something lower toward the sea. He glanced down as the sun began to rise, casting a faint golden glow on the tops of the cliffs. What was down there? A group of birds were down below, swarming around... something?

Nyx stood and gazed over the edge to what lay below. What was that thing? Nyx was not normally a curious beast, but what he saw was unknown to him and more still, it was on Stoneclaw territory. He had to investigate. There was a way down that he knew of, tho he wasn't fond of giving it a go. The ocean was pretty as long as he didn't have to get in it. But he had to know what was 'invading' the borders. So he made his way to a cave, the entrance to a tunnel, just big enough for him to walk in comfortably. The tunnels wound down further and further into the cliffside. Every once in awhile he would pass a hole that opened up to the outside. A sheer cliff where he could see the growing light of day.

Eventually he reached the sea level, the smell of rotting fish and salt was much stronger here. And of something else. Pieces of wood littered the narrow rocky shore. Nyx saw the sea birds ahead and he edged forward toward them. At his approach, many took flight and he saw the thing. A creature for which he had never seen before. Human. He knew the word only because Nexys had made mention of them when the felines took up homes in their abandoned dwellings. And here was one of them, washed ashore. The great lion edged forward and sniffed the body, unsure if the human was dead or alive. Frankly, it smelled terrible.
Played by BlackRabbit since 2012

Offline Kafele

• Initiate
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 01:07:48 PM »

He hadn't meant for his life to go stagnant. He always wanted to go have adventures, see the world and all the things in it, meet new creatures and never have a dull moment. And then life had thrown a curve ball at him (several in fact) that he wasn't prepared for and he hasn't handled them well. Later he spent plenty of time being ashamed but eventually found that that didn't help.

Afua’s injuries woke him up. It was terrible what happened to him, and the thought of how much worse it could've been was unthinkable.

And he told himself, I should've been there, I should've been there. He was always there for me. But he failed, again.

Afua wouldn't let him apologize, but Kafele knew things were different now. Something shifted in his core, it was time to grow up. It was time to be the lion Afua had been training him to be all this time. Responsible, watchful, it was his turn to take care of the brother that raised him.

Kafele found it was easier to be optimistic (and he had to be more than ever now) when he had something to do. Getting to know the new land was something productive to focus on and it gave his adventurous heart some satisfaction.

The ocean especially was amazing. Kafele swam and dove in the water with no fear. Long had he been a lover of water, the ocean and all its mysteries was something akin to paradise.

It was a large beach so there was no wonder that two cats could explore it without meeting, but it was bound to happen eventually. Since he was having a swim his nose was overwhelmed with salt water, so he saw Nyx before he smelled him or the human. A friendly smile came to his face. He knew Nyx was from Aryion but had never really got to know him. Better late than never? He left the water and and trotted towards the black lion and whatever it was that he was checking out.

”Hey, how's it going?”

And then he spotted the weird thing.

”Ohhh, what IS that??” Child at heart still, whatever happens.

It was too smelly to be edible. Pretty hairless… A sea creature? It didn't look like any fish Kafele had ever seen before.

Offline damenster

• Hero
  • the elite wolf guard
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 04:58:18 PM »
As his body is fighting to stay alive is he unaware of the danger  that found him. there is still a large barrier that protects him from the beast that look down at him from the cliff, but it would not take long before they will find their way down. He is save for now but his body is balancing on the edge of life and death. The cold water has done its damage. He swallowed a lot of water and he started to enter hypothermia, but he is not planning to give up. He only did not know that he finally made it to the safety of the shoreline. As the beast came closer to see what has washed on their shoreline does she start to crawls slowly back to his conscious. He would start coughing as his body wanted the water out of his lungs.

His chin pulls gently down to his chest and he squeezes his eyes shut before his body starts to wake up. As he starts to get aware does he also pull his legs up and rolls on his side facing the beasts, his body felt so cold. As he finally starts to open his eyes does she see nothing at all, just a few bright colors, but as his eyes start to adept and the blinking starts to flush the salt out of his eyes does he see the felines. A shock goes through his body and he stays looking motionless towards the unknown beast in front of him. they are like big cat, he had never seen them before. If they are big cats then would they be predators, predators staring at their new pray.

Fear haunts his mind as he realizes that he survived the ship wreck but would now find his end as he lies on the safety of the banks. He does not dare to move as he is afraid to stress the beast that would make them attack him. he doesn’t know what to do but maybe will the tide scare them off  if they stay looking at him for too long, but that would mean that he would also be pulled back to the ocean. Only will he not survive an nether day in the cold waters of the sea. Someone has not make the first move and hopefully will he not end in a nice salty meal for those 2.
my character bin

prio info

Offline damenster

• Hero
  • the elite wolf guard
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 01:42:38 PM »
{bump}
my character bin

prio info

Offline >Nyx<

• Stoneclaw
  • Initiate
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 01:25:44 PM »
Nyx twitched a little when Kafele spoke, a little surprised by the other lion's presence. He hadn't heard him approach and realized he had grown too comfortable and less aware of his own surroundings, even in a situation such as this when an unknown object or being had washed up on shore. Humans were not known to be very tolerant creatures toward predators such as himself and Kafele. Or any animal really. Nyx didn't know much about the creatures but he hadn't ever heard anything good about them at all.

"I think it's a two leg. A human."

When the half drown human began to cough up water, Nyx took a step back and urged Kafele to do the same. The human was looking at them now, laying motionless on the rocky beach. What was it doing? Nyx looked to Kafele, then side eyed the human. It didn't look very intimidating. It didn't seem to have any fangs. No claws, or fur for protection either. It was practically hairless from what Nyx could tell thru the ripped clothing. So what was so intimidating about this thing? The longer Nyx looked at the creature, the less afraid he was to approach it. And so he did.

Cautiously, the massive black lion took a step forward, easing toward the human. When he felt he was close enough, he stopped, waiting to see what the thing would do. If the human attacked, Nyx would have no problem finishing him off and letting the sea claim his bones. But what if it didn't? What would he do if the human was peaceful, or even needed their help? How would King Nexys, or King Afua handle this... or Queen Ranya for that matter? Choices choices.

Offline Kafele

• Initiate
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 06:08:37 PM »
Kafele didn't need much urging to back away from the weird animal, not that he was scared of something so much smaller then himself... Course not.

"It's really weird looking" He said, while Nyx decided to approach. Kafele followed his lead, stepping in for a closer look.

"Are you okay?" He asked the creature, because he didn't know what else to say. "Where did you come from?"

The human reminded him of a half drowned rat. Kafele had never seen one before, but there were various stories told about them here and there. He was curious to find out if any of them were true. Nyx seemed tense, Kafele got the feeling the black lion was ready to end their aquaintance with the human at the slightest provocation. Not that Kafele faulted him for being cautious, but he would be dissapointed if he didn't get to satisfy some of his curiosity.

ooc: short post, sorry x_x

Offline damenster

• Hero
  • the elite wolf guard
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2016, 11:07:10 AM »
(lets say he can speak animal language)

As he woke up and started to move to the beast fright a bit from him and take a step back As this becomes a  game of wait and see does it become nerve wrecking. Who would move first, who would dare to make the first step. As the huge cats study the situation do they come with the first move. It seems that the black cat knew what he was as he told the other that sanguis was a two legged. They clearly knew what human are but what would they do to humans? First does the black one walk forward till he felt close enough and the yellow brownish one followed shortly. Fearing for his life does sanguis spark in to action and quickly turns on his back to crawl backwards away from the beast but it didn’t take long before the fear conquered his entire body and freezes looking straight at the black lion. He knew that cats hunt and play with mouse’s and now did he become the mouse. 

Sanguis could not move as every muscle in his body froze, he just looked forwards towards the animals but slowly does he come to a understanding that these beast are more interested in him then that they would like to kill him. suddenly does his body relax and his stumpage contracted. He turns quickly around to stand on hands and knees as his body started to empty his stumpage of all the saltwater. He quickly realizes what he had done and that he is now all venerable but he could not fight his body as it emptied itself, its only the hope that the lions will not attack him.
my character bin

prio info

Offline damenster

• Hero
  • the elite wolf guard
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2016, 04:19:14 AM »
Bump
my character bin

prio info

Offline >Nyx<

• Stoneclaw
  • Initiate
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2016, 09:18:55 PM »
Nyx watched as the  human came to, looking quite terrified. The black lion was no longer afraid of the human, nor was he curiuos. He was simply unsure of what to do next. If it was a wolf or a saber or something, it would be easy to take them in and find a place for them, or imprision them if they meant the pride harm. But it was a human. What the hell was he supposed to do with a human?

"Kafele.... what should we do with it?" Nyx asked, quietly, side eyeing the human as the fleshy creature began to vomit in the ocean. "If it's not well perhaps we should kill it now?" He asked. If only one of the kings or the queen was here to make that decision. Nyx didn't even know how humans spoke or if they could understand their tongue. It seemed weird that they might, but he had no experience with them to know. This whole situation was making him unsure of what to do, he backed up, adjusting his paws on the rocky shore.

On one hand, if he took the human back, perhaps it would be useful. Or it might grow stronger and kill them all in their sleep. Choices choices.

Offline damenster

• Hero
  • the elite wolf guard
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2016, 03:31:06 PM »
(bump)
my character bin

prio info

Offline damenster

• Hero
  • the elite wolf guard
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2017, 12:28:54 PM »
{Just wondering because this is a very slow RP, what is the current line are they going to keep him, kick him out or on the extreme end eat him}
my character bin

prio info

Offline damenster

• Hero
  • the elite wolf guard
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2017, 05:56:59 AM »
((continue or wait for kafele?))
my character bin

prio info