Author Topic: beekeeper [alliance]  (Read 954 times)

Offline Dixie

• Governess & Navigator
  • Tortuga
  • Regular
  • Liked: 9
  • Likes Given: 1
beekeeper [alliance]
« on: September 17, 2016, 01:48:33 PM »
ooc; it'd be hella if tortuga could post first. if it takes like, a week and a half for us all to post, then Alteron can just start posting and we'll go from there~

It had been so long since she had left the borders of Tortuga. When she had looked back to see the packlands so small, she felt her heart skip a beat. That’s where her family was, and she would never leave them. But she felt the knowledge that if she wanted, she could try to escape. But that was stupid and foolish. Tortuga was her home, and nothing could change that. So Dixie set her eyes forward, leading the small group she had been assigned to go to Alteron. She hadn’t been there when they first had tried to make allies, but she was filled in on what had happened.

Tortuga had shown up at the borders, and nothing came out of it. They weren’t sure why, but it didn’t seem to be any bad reason why nothing came of it. So she trusted Alby to know that they would be safe while traveling to the borders of this, technically, stranger pack. She’d glance back at the other three that joined her; Kaikona, Missouri, and Kalypso. She had helped in the raising of Missouri, and knew only that child at least somewhat. Even if she had been their steward, it didn’t mean that others changed. Throughout the journey they had all taken turns to carry the basket of trinkets to possibly trade with Alteron, as well. Dixie saw it as, they were pirates, pirates had nice things, others might expect that, so she should use them in alliances.

As they neared the border, she turned towards the others. They would go over small things before she called for the Alteron wolves - or whatever they carried in the pack. “I’ll do most of the talking, understood?” These others were new to the job, meanwhile Dixie had discussed alliances before. It would help them learn. If no one argued with her, she’d go on. “Kalypso, I want you to carry the basket; your father is Eremiel. It makes sense as he tends to be over the money in Tortuga. Stand at my flank when they come.” At least, it made sense in her head. She’d look at Missouri and Kaikona. “You two should be more as guards.

She’d pause. These were new navigators, and she wanted them to learn from hands on experience. This was a time for them to try and learn. “But, for any of you, if you truly have a suggestion while we negotiate terms with Alteron, I want you to speak up. Whatever you suggest should come off as beneficial to both us and Alteron.” Hopefully they all knew if something was a good idea or not. Dixie wanted them to participate, but she also wanted them to watch. It wasn’t usually a good idea to have four different canines barking out ideas of what the alliance should be like. If anything, she’d target out whoever spoke first and would claim that this is their first alliance. Alteron didn’t need to know about the others. She’d look to see if anyone had something to say, then she’d stalk closer to the border.

“Remember, we’re guests. If they don’t like us being here, we leave. If they try to take us, we fight until we can run back to Tortuga.” It would be better if they could get back to Tortuga and inform the Captain of what happened, rather than the patrol going off as missing and the pack not one hundred percent sure what happened. Glancing around to make sure everyone was well, she’d raise her head to give off a soft, dog-like howl. Then Dixie would give a few licks to her chest, making sure she looked presentable. When someone would show, she’d wag her tail low and smile gently. She liked to try and be the head of the group because she felt that she came off the kindest, and that could always come in handy.

“Greetings. I am Dixie, an ambassador from Tortuga. We’d like to speak to someone who can negotiate alliance terms, if possible.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 01:51:37 PM by Dixie »

Yeah I wish I’d been a
Wish I’d been a teen, teen idle
Wish I’d been a prom queen
Fighting for the title
Instead of being sixteen
And burning up a bible
Feeling super, super Suicidal
The wasted years
The wasted youth
The pretty lies the ugly truth
And the day has come
Where I have died
Only to find I’ve come alive

played by alue | #45c8bf

Offline Kalypso

• Tortuga
  • Apprentice
  • Liked: 6
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: beekeeper [alliance]
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 10:23:42 PM »
It was the first tie that Kalypso had left the safety of Tortuga’s borders, the first time that she was able to venture out into the world beyond her home. And she was positively giddy with delight as she looked around with wide blue eyes. She cast one look behind her to see her homeland shrinking by the mile and her heart fluttered with excitement in her chest. She was finally out in the great big world with endless possibilities and new things to see and discover! Dixie had told her that they were to go to Alteron and while the name held no meaning or significance to her she was still honored to be included in the small team.

Kalypso glanced towards Kai out the corner of her eye and a small smile played around her lips. The two of them had grown closer over the last few weeks as they trained together constantly. Even when they weren’t training the black and gray male seemed to hang around, following her like a shadow to make sure she was okay. It brought a deep sense of comfort to her to know that she was watched over so diligently. Still, she wished she had the courage to tell him that she didn’t need to be babysat like some pup. She was perfectly capable of taking care of herself now. But she was afraid that if she did he wouldn’t come around as much and the thought of going through the day without seeing his face at least once.. it wasn’t pleasant.

The scent of unfamiliar wolves was coming stronger as they neared Alteron’s border and Dixie turned to address them. Kalypso listened carefully to the words that she spoke, nodding when necessary to convey that she understood what was expect of her. Kalypso waited until the dog was finished speaking before she scooped up the basket of money and took her place beside Dixie. She turned her head slightly to give Kaikona a silly grin from around the basket handle and waggled her eyebrows at him as if to say ‘this is it! We’re actual Navigators now!’ Kalypso had never been happier. 

Played by BB.
#7EE1B8

Offline lynx

• The Somber
  • Alteron
  • Initiate
  • Liked: 6
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 08:51:26 PM »
It wasn't often that the leopard smiled, or found herself amused by strangers, not with the rather xenophobic nature of the skeletal Alteron. Lynx looked around the forest, filled with disgruntled adults and puppies, who would someday become mirrors of those same begrudging elders they mocked so carelessly. Seeing Dixie, Kalypso, and whoever else approach from what distance between the dying trees she could made her smile. They were organized, and the one with bright blue ears seemed to do quite a bit of placement work.

Greetings. I am Dixie, an ambassador from Tortuga. We’d like to speak to someone who can negotiate alliance terms, if possible.” Although it wasn't the leopard's place, she nestled into the role of Door Greeter and dropped down from a tree nearby with a loud 'THROMP', it was just a coincidence that Dixie and co. had chosen to call out in visible sight of her landing pad. Her throat cleared, as did a dust cloud to reveal the cat sitting with all that feline sophistication wolves only wished they had~

"Hello Dixie," her words purred through her lips, ones that barely cracked from a stoicism, and verged on a smirk, "Hello others," her keen eyes moved from each companion of the loudest arrival. "I am.. Lynx" she wondered if they would question that, and her species, but moved on with her thoughts, "Who.. are they?" her curiosity was never this visual, she usually tracked and listened to find out, but..

Somehow, Lynx felt wrong in letting this group wait any longer (how long had it been, in cat years? Minutes, maybe?) for someone to address them, and knew better than to let their invite grow stale. Stalling was the most she could offer, and if no one showed up after any while longer, well.. she would have to adapt. Hopefully it wouldn't come to that, but hoping didn't get her much these days.

-----

lynx is just entertainment for right now, she doesnt want anyone thinking alteron is standoffish or ignores callers. <3

played by blondie
color=#FAFAD2

Offline Orcrist

• Alteron
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 03:41:39 PM »
A large yawn came from his maw as he woke up from a long nap. The large dire mix shifted in his den, though it was hard with another fat plump body next to him. Olive eyes rolled over to his den partner, not sure if she was actually sleeping or just pretending, but either way, he nuzzled her cheek before slithering out of his hole. Muscles felt stiff and joints cracked as he stretched and shook his fur out. Tongue lapped over his nose just before he heard an odd call from the borders. The commandant listened and then grunted.

Work, he supposed.

So, he would leave Atlas behind, following the rough trails lazily before he finally got through to the Tortugan dogs waiting at the line. Another yawn escaped him before he came up next to Lynx. Such a good kitty, he thought, keeping their guests entertained until he came. Azuhel or Anya hadn't shown up yet, so the Commandant would fill in for them unless they came sooner or later.

"Yah two come far, didn't yah? What business yah have with us?" he said, his graveled voice laced with an accent. Tail swayed a little, waiting for their answers. Olive eyes scanned over the seemingly leader, ears flopped down. This one was more dog than the otehrs, a brow raising, but soon enough they introduced themselves. They came from Tortuga, a pack a little unknown to them, or at least to Orcrist. Perhaps Azuhel had more of an idea as she occasionally left the territory, mostly to pick on their neighbors of religious weirdos.

Yet these Tortugans piqued Orcrist's interest.

He hummed for a moment before answering them. "Tortuga, hm? Suppose I could take care of this negotiation unless t' big dogs show up. Name's Orcrist, I'm the Commandant of 'ere Alteron. Lead sentry in other words. Tell me what'cha offerin' to our humble abode?" A smile rose upon his lips, yet his eyes held venom in them.

And they shall say
unto the elders of his city,
This our son is stubborn and rebellious,
he will not obey our voice;
he is a glutton, and a drunkard.
- Deuteronomy 21:20
⇢  Played by Gothy
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Offline Raikov

• Tortuga
  • Master
  • Captain & Scoundrel
  • Liked: 162
  • Likes Given: 90
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 05:46:59 PM »
[Permission from Oni given to join this. Caligula & Violeta are present.]

The pirate king rarely left their Empire alone. This time he'd taken Eremiel's son, Caligula, and his niece, Violeta, with him as company; or rather to avoid anything sticky. Dixie's party was easy enough to follow, his methods of tracking still in effect as he adventured through the neutrals. Their new home was truly a paradise, soft beaches with thick jungles and high mountains. Their borders were slashed with a fast ocean current with a select few choke points and Raikov was rather have it like that. Safe. Secured.

The Captain trusted his Quartermasters with the task of maintaining their home while he ran this little errand. The blue brute took bold steps forward, his gait and stride filled with a purpose, yet there was little urgency in them. His whale bone crown was perched almost delicately on his head, cranium held high and proud even as he came to the edges of Alteron's wild jungle. Physical and metaphorical weight pressing down on him even outside the realms of his own kingdom, perhaps especially here in the company of strangers.

And yet despite Raikov's almost calm  appearance, there was an inferno of rage that twisted and tugged at his heart. Boiling and burning in his breast ever since Ezekiel had been taken. Even in the presence of his babies, he could feel it shaking and simmering low down in his belly; waiting to explode like a supernova. He was a slave to his genetic Bermuda, and this time he relished in the chance to unleash it far from his mate, far from his babies, far from his pack.

Pirates were devious and greedy by nature, and Raikov's possessive streak had been flaring up to a dangerous level. His mate had been taken. And he wanted him back. No matter the cost, no matter the lives he would brutally and gladly cut down to get it. His ivory fangs itched for blood, for their pound of flesh. Tortuga was strong, and were eager to spill blood and bones.

"Yah two come far, didn't yah? What business yah have with us?"

"Who.. are they?"

Smoothly, the pirate King came up behind his Ambassador; slightly late but who said he had to be on time? Raikov would slide to stand at Dixie's side, movements easy and fluid. Thick legs would brace themselves on the ground, head held high as he looked toward the Alteron jungle. ”Dixie. I'll take care of this, lass.” He'd purr in her ear, shoulders rolling backward. Kalypso would also be given a nod, tail flickering absent-mindedly. Alteron was different, still a jungle and yet. It smelled sour. Thick and rich in life, yet the Captain wondered what type of beasts dwelled here.

They had come, a long time ago, but Rita's incompetence meant Raikov would have to fix this himself also.  A mild irritation, but it was better that he meet these leaders himself. While they were closer to Inaria and Saboro, they had both not been suitable for this. Inaria seemed weak hearted for a war, not quite having the twang and taste for carnage in the way pirates did. And with Saboro's volcano, Raikov doubted the Sabora and Sabor would be keen to get involved. ”Beggin' yer pardon fer me lateness. M'Captain Raikov of Tortuga. And we've got a fine proposition for yer,” He'd start, inclining his head. And yet he didn't sound sorry at all.

"Tortuga, hm? Suppose I could take care of this negotiation unless t' big dogs show up. Name's Orcrist, I'm the Commandant of 'ere Alteron. Lead sentry in other words. Tell me what'cha offerin' to our humble abode?"

Raikov's sulphur gaze shifted to Lynx and then to Orcrist, ears flickering from either side of his crown. ”Oh aye, laddie, ye be wantin' ta get yer Alpha here. That'd be mighty helpful of ye, matey,” His voice a calming purr, chest rumbling at his deep baritone voice. His own teeth flashing in his own dark, dangerous sharks grin at the Commandant. ”I've had somethin' precious o'mine taken recently.” The Captain remained standing, thick legs braced him as he regarded Orcrist with his piercing gaze of molten gold. They flashed momentarily like shined gold coins, a flicker of his contained fury that melted away in a blink.

”I want it back. By any means necessary.”

"A lion doesn’t concern himself with the
opinions of a sheep."

I wanna see your animal side
Let it all out
I wanna see the dirt
Under your skin
I need your broken promises

I want the guts and glory baby yeah, baby yeah
This town is wasted and alone

But we are alive
Here in death valley
But don't take love off the table yet
'Cause tonight it's just fire alarms and losing you

We love a lot
So we only lose a little
But we are alive, we are alive, we are alive

Profile || #D2C753

Offline Violeta -rp-

• Tortuga
  • Apprentice
  • This is your personal text.
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 03:59:24 PM »
She had never left Tortuga. She had for her entire life, stayed within its borders, only moving when it did. There hadn’t been any voyage for her, the fire had devastated any chance of that. She had mentioned it to Raikov when they were walking. “’ts my first time out of Tortuga” she says, but that’s it. Most of the time she’s silent, standing tall, very much in her own thoughts.  She traveled that way. There had never been anything to say, the trip was serious.

The trip was simple. Just business no vacation. She travels with them. Until of course they get to where they need to go. She says nothing hear either, standing tall, still the tallest of the group by more than a couple of inches. 

She waits, eyes narrow teeth poking out, snagged a bit, looking over all displeased, despite the fact that there is nothing else to show. She feels nothing here, nothing for these strangers, not distrust. Nothing towards her pack mates who may or may not be in trouble.

Nothing for Raikov's heart break. Her uncle who had lost something important. She thinks that maybe Raikov feels the way she did after the fire. Would his heart turn as cold and cool as hers did. Would he become quiet to compensate? Her eyes glaze over the group, standing more tensed now.

Would it be the opposite maybe, if she gained something important that could be stolen away would she be filled with fiery passion.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 03:59:51 PM by Violeta -rp- »

I discard all feelings.
The stars scar my ceiling.
Sun, I won't spare you. Moon, I won't spare you.
#70babe
Played by Critter

Offline //Anya//

• Leader
  • Master
  • that frail and beautiful bride
  • Liked: 285
  • Likes Given: 102
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 12:39:18 AM »
Alteron, and the colder of its leaders, did not like strangers.

Anya arrived as quickly as she could. She'd greeted her son after he'd returned home from his voyage. Seeing him in one piece, she'd let out a sigh of relief so deep she hadn't realized she'd been holding it the whole time he was gone. She had been welcoming him back to the den, offering him a meal, when the call came. She'd almost hesitated, almost thought that she should leave it to Azuhel, or to the nobles, but no. Any call could be a war, any call could be an escape, any call could be...possibly even Ajax. The ghost of a hope was a hard thing to exorcise after all.

She followed up after Orcrist. Crept up silently between the cat and the Commandant. She was tiny compared to all present company, fifty pounds at the most and graceful as curled wire. But her gaze, hard and utterly cold, should tell the strangers who was in charge here. She was not proud, she did not carry herself with airs, but she was a soldier and moved like one, she had a task and she stood like it. She was not dangerous like a wild beast, she was dangerous like a prison cell, impenetrable and unmalleable.

She regarded the pirates as they spoke. "I've had somethin' precious o'mine taken recently.” Their apparent leader said, his voice a smooth, rolling purr. His eyes glittered golden, and Anya surveyed him without revealing whatever judgement she made. ”I want it back. By any means necessary.”

She was small, but she was not intimidated. This was her home turf, and with a howl her army would be at her back. She stood now with two creatures much more physically powerful, both dangerous in their own right. And Anya herself was a force to be reckoned with. Perhaps Tortuga would see it in her - they shared very little philosophically with the dainty timber, but they shared one thing. They destroyed their enemies.

Diplomacy was a strange thing, always a careful gamble, a tightrope performance. Risk versus reward always calculating in each side's ledgers. What did Tortuga want and what would Alteron receive from the arrangement. Why should their powerful kingdom be concerned with what this one wolf wanted back? Anya didn't care for skirting details or exchanging quips, she wasn't interested in seeing them posture, or doing any posturing of her own. Alteron had no ties to these people, did not know of their lands, and why should they?

"State your terms." She said calmly and clearly. "And provide information about your kingdom." Raikov held almost a foot and a half on her as far as height was concerned, but she'd show him no cards until his were all on the table.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 12:40:44 AM by //Anya// »
Gentle leaves, gentle leaves
Please array a path for me
The woods are blowing thick and fast
around,
Willow boughs, willow boughs,
Make a bed to lay me down
Let your branches bow to cradle us

Offline Azuhel

• The Red Dragon
  • Leader
  • Master
  • this city never sleeps at night
    • Deviantart Page
  • Liked: 408
  • Likes Given: 89
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2016, 05:23:13 AM »
She came beyond the boarder, some beast that smelt of ash and flesh, of fire and blood, of something that sung and hummed and cried out from the excitement of slaughter and heat and—

And so so much more that those with delicate sensibilities could handle. Yet still she came, bound and chained to the land that had created her, to the land that had built complexity upon complexity on rolling shoulders and scarred pelt, to the place she refused to simply abandon… since soon it would be more than just a collection of softened wolves.

When she came with new bulb-lantern—small and comfortably hung about thick rope around her neck—and her precious flame, that near literal representation of her constant churning hungers, she peered upon an interesting delight. For it wasn’t every day that visitors came to their doorstep. It wasn’t every day that any beast came to their doorstep, to this once powerhouse empire lost to time, civil war, and outside politics.

Despite the thickness of their vines and the girth of their trees this place was host to legends of old, to ghosts of destruction and whispered secrets. Such precious bloodlines, this old-root home of forgotten soldiers, eager to rend flesh from muscle and bone. Perhaps it was finally time for others to find value in their teeth and claws.

It had been so long since they’d been allowed to use them.

Her steps were careful as she approached, her head held high, her brow quirked… but that ever-present smile was on display—that friendly wicked thing, focused with its intensity, unashamed of its perversity—and with an almost playful saunter she gave a slight clearing of her throat.

Ignore the blood that stained her pelt and that wild flicker in her gaze. She’s a Lady of an Old and Ancient House and she is always polite and proper.

Excuse me. She said, all southern honey and husky as she gave a roll of toned shoulders and a flick of curious tail. Her words are spoken to gain their attention but her intentions are rather clear. This woman of mischievous mannerism and dominate air—with it’s haunting sense of offness—merely wants to walk past them without stirring up any trouble.

And yet—Dat dere firecracker, This being Anya, Says she pretty keen things.

She’s all sugar and curiosity, no need for nobility, not yet, not now.

I heard yah talkin’, I reckon I ain’t never heard someone with yer… accent? Before.

And she wondered if anyone had ever heard her own in exchange, this thick surrey thing she used on the unfamiliar.

I’d say I’m rather interested in yer story. I’d say firecracker is too.

Then, with a slow lick of lips she stood among them, separated by their bulk from her boarder but unafraid. While her one eye reflected the carefully controlled madness of a dragon.

She’s practically rolling out the hospitality.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 05:23:34 AM by Azuhel »

CC6666

Offline Orcrist

• Alteron
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 07:04:27 AM »
It wasn’t long before the big dog of the travelers stepped forward, having an odd accent on this tongue as he spoke to the Commandant about some information he is looking for. The other dog was moved aside for now, green eyes glancing at the blue wolf that trudged forward. As with any alliances, Raikov introduced himself plastered with a title and a purpose. A proposition piqued Orcrist’s interest, itching to find out what was to be offered but he held his breath. This wasn’t his jurisdiction, this was for Anya or Azuhel to ask, and he was just here to make sure the borders were clear and civilized. “Y’ll have t’wait for t’ big dogs t’ show up.” And as he spoke, the Keystone stepped forward from the darkness. Or had she been there all along? He wasn’t quite sure, but she was now found out by the large Commandant. “Speak of t’devils.” he said, taking a step back for the small leader to hear what Raikov had to say.

Apparently he was looking for something, something taken that this Captain didn’t like being took. Orcrist knew this feeling to a degree, he hated when his food was stolen or items he had worked hard to get were snatched without his permission. Though the Commandant had a feeling this was something larger and he wouldn’t understand the motives, not yet at least.

Anya demanded the terms and what Tortuga was like, which was a smart question. Orcrist was just as interested in the subject, yet that train of thought was soon masked by the fact the Dragon waltzing in like nothing. She was always good at this; the smoothness in her step always impressed Orc. His attention was set on her now as her honey-voice sang out to Raikov, almost dismissing Anya but wanting to know about Tortuga as well. The Commandant finally sat, smirking as he waited for the Captain to tell his story as well as his conditions.

Do tell, my friend.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 07:04:47 AM by Orcrist »

And they shall say
unto the elders of his city,
This our son is stubborn and rebellious,
he will not obey our voice;
he is a glutton, and a drunkard.
- Deuteronomy 21:20
⇢  Played by Gothy
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Offline Dixie

• Governess & Navigator
  • Tortuga
  • Regular
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2017, 03:44:07 PM »
   When a big feline landed in front of the Tortugans, but it was only from surprise. She smiled friendly at the cat, remembering Stoneclaw. ”Hello Dixie, hello others.” If they needed to be named later on, she could easily do that. For now she let the big cat speak. She took in the cat’s name, not really putting together that the name was a species of cat, and this was not that cat. ”Who...are they?” But then the unexpected happened, the giant blue captain slipping to her side, having not been apart of her group nor told to her that they would join up with her. ”Dixie. I'll take care of this, lass.” Calling her lass? She had been his steward when he was a pup. She remembered clearly because at the time there were no stewards, and she was the only one.

Another Alteron creature showed up, this time a canine. Dixie didn’t move to stand further behind the captain, though, instead standing silently and listening to every word spoken. Raikov wanted something back, and Dixie wondered what it could be, going over a mental list. Then it hit her, could it be Gargle? He had seemed to claim the slave, and Dixie knew he wasn’t here anymore. Raikov was protective over things he claimed as his own, after all. But Dixie said nothing, keep the thoughts to herself as a pretty-she wolf with a thick southern accent started to speak.

If Dixie were speaking, then she would have shifted more into a southern accent herself. After being around the pirates so long, she had stopped her accent to adjust. But it felt so good to hear the accent, and she almost melted. But there was important matters at hand; Raikov wanted to use others who weren’t even their allies to find what might be Gargle. If she could, she’d have pulled him off to the side and told him to back down, let her hand it and then he could ask them for super a ridiculous request, but she was just a navigator right now, and he was still the captain. She didn’t butt in, not wanting to piss off the captain who snapped too easily, and not wanting to make Tortuga look bad. She wanted to talk about alliance terms before requests, and felt nervous about how this was going to go.

ooc; she doesn't talk lmao. she just stands there

Yeah I wish I’d been a
Wish I’d been a teen, teen idle
Wish I’d been a prom queen
Fighting for the title
Instead of being sixteen
And burning up a bible
Feeling super, super Suicidal
The wasted years
The wasted youth
The pretty lies the ugly truth
And the day has come
Where I have died
Only to find I’ve come alive

played by alue | #45c8bf

Offline Caligula.

• Tortuga
  • Regular
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2017, 05:05:39 PM »
It was his first time so far from home since they moved. But it was different, watching their land get smaller in the distance as they made their way somewhere he had never been before, with wolves he did not know. He nodded at Violeta, a silent agreement that it was their first time out like this, but no more. Caligula was the son of a great man but he was no negotiator, no traveler, and no skilled politician. He knew a little of everything, but the strangeness of it all was enough to shut it all down.

He followed the Captain with confident steps to match his, but did not speak for most of the trip, and especially not when they approached the Alteron border. The usually chatty brute was quiet, out of nerves, perhaps, or just simply understanding he had little practice at negotiating. Silence was less likely to land them in a tough spot.

Soon they joined up with the other group of travelers, who all recieved a curt nod from Caligula. His younger sister was there, carrying gifts, looking confident. She was in her element here, while Caligula felt like he walked on eggshells. For a brief moment, he let his muscles relax to bend over to give his baby sister a lick on the muzzle, hoping she understood what he was trying to convey. He was proud, happy to see her safe. And with that short exchange, he moved back to the Captain's side.

His job now was to look big and intimidating, a statue with the brightest cyan eyes in the land, trying to stare holes into anyone.

There was a kind of cat named Lynx, and a wolf named Orcrist. Both seemed to be important enough members, but none the leader Raikov intended to speak to. Another joined, small but unafraid, and yet still not who they were looking for. If Caligula was younger, he would have shown his annoyance by now, but practice and age helped him hold out just enough to the alpha to actually come.

He was larger than her, but she was old and scarred and powerful in spirit if nothing else. A warrior. The Gunner could respect that, and he could respect the politeness and politics rolling off her tongue. He could not get a read on her, and he wasn't sure he wanted to. He stood there silently, giving them no name and no words at all. He glanced to their king, the only one Caligula would fully respect, and waited. Even he didn't truly know why they were there, only vague ideas, memories of one of the Captain's lovers.

Any means necessary was quite the statement. He hoped one day he could feel that sort of love.

caligula played by bun

Offline Kookamemega

• Leader
  • Hero
  • trimenjus an' pow'ful
    • My status
    • Liquidwings on DA
  • Liked: 450
  • Likes Given: 527
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2017, 01:46:09 PM »
[Bump for tortuga]