Author Topic: tree of perdition [prp kappa; r. iv]  (Read 377 times)

Offline Maesa

• Saboro
  • Regular
  • child of light.
  • Liked: 68
  • Likes Given: 43
tree of perdition [prp kappa; r. iv]
« on: August 12, 2016, 04:15:45 PM »
Maesa had grown up sleeping under the stars. As a child she had sometimes stolen nights in Highways den before the former Crane had disappeared - much like her father. Still she had never been comfortable sleeping within walls of dirt or stone. She loved the open air and the black sky full of shining lights. Much of the time now she stole in to Kappas home either to meet him there or wait for him to return. She felt uneasy being within such a confined space, but more so than that she enjoyed the time spent with him and thus she kept her discomfort to herself.

After the Trial she had stayed away for a couple of nights. Of course she had been upset with the Nightwalker for what he had said about his own son - about their son - but she knew it wasn't worth fighting about. The last thing Maesa wanted to do was start a downward spiral that would drive Kappa away from her. He had come back once, but that didn't mean that he'd do so a second time. So once again she had slept under the stars, allowing her anger to subside in to quiet acceptance. It was over and done, behind them now. She only hoped that he had put it behind him as well. If he wanted to talk about it, then tonight would have to be it as Maesa made her way towards the opening where the Nightwalker rested his head whenever he was in Saboro. That seemed to be more often than not lately, which made her feel relieved. Their life was a horribly dangerous one that could apparently have devastating consequences if even a single toe slid out of line. She worried about all of them.

"Kappa?" she called out as she stopped in front of the mouth of the den. "Are you in there?" She technically had every right and authority to just waltz on in and settle down if she wanted to. She was the Left Wing after all and very few places in Saboro were off limits to her. But this was Kappas home and regardless of her status, it didn't feel right to just invite herself in. She had too much respect for him to do that. However she was neither nervous nor hesitant to approach him. Just because she respected the Nightwalker did not mean she was ever afraid of him. The tone she called to him in was curious, one creature asking a question to another. It was not firm as she was not demanding his attention, yet neither was it quiet and uneasy. He was her mate and if he was mad at her for staying away for the past few nights then she would deal with it.

They would deal with it.

[[Ahh I forgot to ask which ring Kappas den is in. If it's not the fourth then let me know and I'll change it. ;^;]]

You've got it all
You lost your mind in the sound
There's so much more
You can reclaim your crown
You're in control
Rid of the monsters inside your head
Put all your faults to bed
You can be king

profile.
Played by RAPTURE since 9/24/12

Offline Kappa

• into fire you can send us, and from the fire we'll return
  • Saboro
  • Apprentice
  • there is violence in my heart
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: tree of perdition [prp kappa; r. iv]
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 10:20:38 AM »

He had been resting when Maesa called out for him. The previous night hadn't given him much rest. Perhaps it was guilt eating at him over how harshly he had judged Tessen. Kappa firmly believed that the boy needed punishment, but perhaps he had gone overboard just a bit. Groggily, he sat up and yawned, giving himself a hearty shake before walking out of his den. Golden eyes landed on the grey beauty, and Kappa smiled at her in that subtle way. He looked a little sleepy, but the Nightwalker was happy to see her.

She was mad at him, he knew she was. Mad in the way a mother gets when someone threatens their child, especially if it's their own mate. It was going to take time to repair the damage, but Kappa seemed to have a lot of time on his hands. "Maesa," the fringe dire greeted, her name sweet on his tongue even if he was a little worried as to the reason she had sought him out. Was she going to yell at him, maybe even attack him? He doubted the latter, but the first...

that was a definite possibility.

Uncertainty filled the Nightwalker's body, making him nervous in a way that only Maesa could do. Mouth and throat felt dry and sticky, unpleasant. "Are you okay?" he asked tentatively, voice soft and concerned. Kappa wondered what the Left Wing was thinking, what was on her mind, how she felt - about him, mostly, but about everything. They needed to clear the air between them. Kappa never thought that a simple couple assignment would turn into something much more. It was still strange to Kappa, to feel as deeply as he did about someone other than Shrike. He worried for her safety, for her happiness, he wanted to be there for her if she ever needed anything.

Saboro took much from those who called the red jungle home, but it had given him Maesa, and for that he was thankful.

'Cause you told me that I would find a hole
within the fragile substance of my soul,
and I have filled this void with things unreal
and all the while, my character it steals.

Darkness is a harsh term, don't you think?
And yet it dominates the things that I see.

Offline Maesa

• Saboro
  • Regular
  • child of light.
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 10:08:44 AM »
"Are you okay?"

She studied him for a moment, glancing up and down. Was she okay? Oh how easily the answer came to her mind. "No," she replied firmly, wondering if Kappa was actually wondering or if he was just trying to start the conversation. Surely he knew that after the trial she would be anything but okay. "It's hard to listen to everyone screaming at your child, calling him a traitor and wanting him dead for something that was not entirely his fault." Emphasis on entirely. Could he have been able to keep a better eye on his charge? Surely. Was it his fault that said charge had decided to betray him? No. Did he call for war? Again, no. She sighed. "But Saboro needs a physical target," she muttered, eyes tearing away from Kappa for a moment. And they couldn't scream at Sol Katti, and Capella wasn't there. So Tessen was the only one left to suffer. Why was it that no one else could see things the way she did? Or maybe she was just soft, because it was her sons life that had been on the line. As much as she loved Crenate, ordering Tessen's death would have done irreparable damage between them.

She approached the Nightwalker, closing the space between them as she reached up to nip at his ear if he didn't try to move away. It would be nothing more than a slight pinch, probably the most physical pain she would ever inflict upon someone she loved. "I'm mad at you," she commented before stepping back to look up at him once again. "No. . .not mad." Anger didn't accurately describe what she was feeling.

"I'm hurt." That felt more appropriate. "I understand if you're disappointed in him." Tessen was Kappas son as well, trained - somewhat - by his father as a Nightwalker, so Maesa could see if Kappa took his sons failure as his own. "He needs your support." He needed the father who hadn't been around when he was growing up. She wanted to see him succeed, to spit in the faces of everyone who called for his blood. Maesa had faith that she could do it, but she hadn't seen him recently. She didn't blame him, honestly. Everyone in the pack loathed him, so why show your face when they all wanted to rip it off?

You've got it all
There's so much more
You're in control
You can be king

profile.

Offline Kappa

• into fire you can send us, and from the fire we'll return
  • Saboro
  • Apprentice
  • there is violence in my heart
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 01:19:20 AM »
Maesa didn't immediately answer him, her stark red eyes cutting into him like shards of ruby. The corners of his lips pulled down in a frown, which only deepened as Maesa spoke to him.

"No. It's hard to listen to everyone screaming at your child, calling him a traitor and wanting him dead for something that was not entirely his fault. But Saboro needs a physical target."

She was a mother, her aching heart bleeding for a son that had failed, and been disciplined - perhaps too harshly, but Saboro was a vicious place. They were both lucky to still have all of their children alive and well - most in Saboro did not keep all of their young ones. Still, perhaps he had gone too far in offering up a punishment method. While Kappa found it suitable, Maesa was softer at heart towards their children; Kappa had not taken his mate's feelings into account.

Having a mate certainly did complicate things, didn't it?

"I'm mad at you. No... not mad. I'm hurt. I understand if you're disappointed in him. He needs your support."

The Nightwalker's ears fell back, honeywheat gaze falling from Maesa's pretty grey face to the ground beneath his paws. For a few breaths, Kappa said nothing, releasing a rough 'hmph'. "I'm... sorry, Maesa," he said lowly, apologizing in a sincere tone of voice. The fringe had never been particularly close with any of his children, or anyone - save for Shrike, of course. Then Maesa had come along and filled the void left by Shrike's absence, tugging on his heart strings.

Maybe after all that time, the Wing's softness rubbed off on him at least a little. "I'll.. help the boy, if he'll listen." Kappa truly had his doubts about that, but what kind of father would he be if he didn't at least try?

'Cause you told me that I would find a hole
within the fragile substance of my soul,
and I have filled this void with things unreal
and all the while, my character it steals.

Darkness is a harsh term, don't you think?
And yet it dominates the things that I see.

Offline Maesa

• Saboro
  • Regular
  • child of light.
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 11:49:55 AM »
She felt a twinge of guilt as his ears went back. Maesa had not come here with the intention of making her mate feel bad, but she didn't want to hide her feelings from him either. She had never done so before and she didn't see a reason to start now. Relationship problems were like an open wound. Communication could help patch it up, but if left alone it could fester in to something much more serious. Although one disagreement was far from a problem as far as she was concerned, but regardless it needed to be addressed.

"I'm... sorry, Maesa. I'll.. help the boy, if he'll listen."

The wing smiled softly at the Nightwalkers sincere tone of voice. She came forward and to press a gentle kiss to his cheek before sitting down in front of him. "Thank you, Kappa," she replied before sliding her head under his chin to rest it against the warmth of his chest. She was grateful and that was evident in her relieved tone of voice. After a moment of thought, she frowned. Her posture tensed although she remained where she was. There was a kind of comfort she felt in being close to him and she didn't want to be the first one to break that. Not yet at least. "I'm sorry too," she murmured. "I'm sure this has hurt you too in a way." After all Tessen had been both Kappa's son and student. Maesa wondered if her mate took their child's failure and reflected in personally back on to himself. Even if he didn't, it wasn't hard to tell that this was disappointing to him. The level of disappointment was something that could only be determined by the Nightwalker himself.

"Helping him is all I ask for. I know you're not a miracle worker." She'd never ask him to do something impossible. If Tessen didn't want to listen, then that was that and there was nothing that Kappa could do for him. After another silent moment she finally pulled back, her gaze locked on to his. If anyone could help the boy, it was his father. Theirs was the bond most tattered, most frayed, yet still held together by a few small strands. "I'll help you to help him if you need it. But I think you can reach him."

Tessen might not make it otherwise.

You've got it all
There's so much more
You're in control
You can be king

profile.