Author Topic: floating on the rhythm [prp moons]  (Read 437 times)

Offline Haylyn

• Inaria
  • Regular
  • Liked: 94
  • Likes Given: 9
floating on the rhythm [prp moons]
« on: July 23, 2016, 01:06:48 AM »

The heat was oppressive, tongue lolling out of the side of Haylyn's muzzle as she made slow but steady progress towards the river. The sun was especially hot today, or so it seemed, and there wasn't a cloud or breeze in sight to alleviate the overwhelming heat of the day.

Thoughts raced in Haylyn's head, a soft thrumming headache causing her to wince and groan often. Maybe it was the heat, the dryness of everything causing her nasal cavity to pain her sometimes, or maybe it was worry. She had been worrying a lot recently, about her family and friends, and the bonds that had suffered because she had made them suffer in her neglectful absence.

Now it seemed as though this place was almost foreign to her, a different land since the challenge. It had left a sour taste in her mouth that she couldn't remedy, but perhaps that was simply due to her being bull-headed and competitive.. even towards her own children, apparently. No, no, that wasn't true - Haylyn shook her head, still panting. She was happy for her son, who was doing a fantastic job as king. Weiss, though.. she worried for Weiss.

The sounds of running water were like heaven to her ears, and the dire wolf approached the river at a hurried-up pace before plunging directly into that crisp, cool water. She let the liquid soak her fur to the skin, absorbing it, relishing the relief from the awful boiling heat of the day. Drinking some as she swam, paddling around before laying on a half-submerged rock, Haylyn giggled, sopping-wet tail wagging a little.

This was exactly what she needed.

A bright color caught the dire's attention, ears perking forward and eyes squinting against the harsh sun. Was that.. "Moons!" the baby blue woman called across the still, hot air, sitting up and smiling from her half-submerged perch. "Come to cool off too, huh?" Seeing her friend - the closest she had, really - made her heart swell, and for some reason, Haylyn couldn't stop smiling.

show me your true colours in their blinding brightness
show me your true colours like they glow in the night
when you are dreaming. forget about the others
the unbearable lightness of our being

Online Moons

• Kichigai's wierdo <3
  • Guardian
  • Hero
  • Captain Inaria~
    • My status
    • My DeviantArt Page
  • Liked: 922
  • Likes Given: 898
Re: floating on the rhythm [prp moons]
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 03:48:00 PM »
Moons was laying beneath the shade of a tree, the heat a little more tolerable beneath the cover of the leaves and branches. She was laying by her den, not having drifted far from her sleeping quarters. Gin had come home from his harbor at Nardir, only to depart soon after to Gemini to deliver messages to the Queens. It made her smile to realize he had grown so well into the job he wanted so much. She was happy for him, even if the worry from a mother hung around in the back of her mind, as much as she tried to ignore it. Still, it left her alone overall, not having her joyful son around to joke and tease with. Even Backbite had found something else to do other than hover around Moons to make sure she was okay.

Something she rather appreciated on some days.

A splash nearby caught her attention, and from her den she could see the river far off. The fish usually splashed around when chasing each other or being hunted by something (such as Moons when she wanted to fish). But this sounded bigger than that, and soon enough she caught sight of the ripples waving along from whatever had caused them. It caught her interest, because maybe someone had dived in to escape the heat. Moons normally would have too, honestly. What if someone had fallen in though? Passed out from heat stroke?

Lifting herself up with a soft grunt, Moons pulled herself to her paws and padded slowly down the hill, amber eyes watchful of the river shore. It wasn't long before she found the source laying on a rock submerged in the water. "Moons!" Haylyn's voice drifted up to her, and it made her smile. She had not seen her close friend in a long time, and it was a great cause for worry on the maroon female. "Come to cool off too, huh?" Looking at the joyful ex-Queen, it was like no time had passed between the two women. Something Moons was grateful for.

Wading into the water, Moons walked up to Haylyn with the comfort of two close friends who rummaged through each other's fridges. The maroon female nuzzled the other in greeting, and gave her a warm lick on the forehead. "More like see who had thrown themselves into the river with such flair," she said with a smile and a wag of her tail. "It's great to see you, Haylyn." Even during Haylyn's time as Queen, the formalities between the two were long gone. She moved away a bit to stretch out her legs, before sitting her rear in the water, happily joining her friend. "It is hot, though." Her tongue lolled out a bit to pant in emphasis before she grinned at the other.

Talking to Haylyn was lifting her spirits in a way that was good for the Marchioness. "How have you been? I worried about you." It had been a long time, but it was good to see her so perky and her usual self, at least. Though knowing Haylyn, there were more than a few worries on her mind. Moons would just have to see, though.
Link to bin~

Characters I Actively Role-play: Moons | Corvus |Rykryk | Flamestorm | Seven |Yoki | Phoenix | Electra | Coronach | Cruciatus | Zodiac | Tide | Skylar
Been on IDS since: January 26th 2008

Offline Haylyn

• Inaria
  • Regular
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 06:38:40 AM »

The blue and grey woman paddled through the cool water, eyes locked on Moons' red form. The Marchioness always stood out in a crowd, that was for sure. Not only due to her bright coloration, mind you - Moons was an intelligent and very diplomatic woman, perfectly capable of handling any problem that life threw her way. Strong, resilient, everything that Haylyn aspired to be. They were friends, and had been for a long time, but Moons was on an entirely different level in life than Haylyn was. That's what dire woman believed, anyway.

"More like see who had thrown themselves into the river with such flair. It's great to see you, Haylyn. It is hot, though."

Haylyn grinned at the red woman's teasing, enjoying the seamless friendship between them. Things seemed to simply fall into place with them, conversation never dull. Moons was practically the only true friend that Haylyn had left any longer. Cappella had distanced herself from Haylyn, as had Ghost and Weiss. No, that was unfair to say. It wasn't her children's faults, the blame was solely on Haylyn's own shoulders. She had allowed herself to drift, consumed by guilt, by regret, by hurt. A lot of it had began with Kieran's disappearance, which had thrown her mind into chaotic turmoil fueled by suspicion, jealousy and loneliness.

"How have you been? I worried about you."

The dire woman paddled over to the shore near Moons and hauled herself out, water streaming off of her body, fur soaked and weighed down. Uncertain of how to answer that question, a silence grew between them for a brief moment as possible answers ran through her mind. In the end, what came out was choppy and ashamed, but it got the job done. "I.. kind of fell into a pit there for a while, I think. I'm so sorry, Moons.. with everything that happened, I suppose I just needed time to myself to work through it all." Moons was a fantastic friend, one of the best, but sometimes it was best just to work on problems solo. "I think I'm okay now, though." Haylyn just hoped that the red Marchioness didn't feel hurt because of the exclusion. After all, it wasn't just Moons that Haylyn had locked out - it was everybody.

"What about you, how've things been?" Unlike Haylyn, Moons had a rank that kept her busy. The former queen hadn't yet decided what she wished to shoot for, rank-wise, but she had an idea. Page sounded like a fitting rank, or perhaps Sentinel. The woman was certain she'd have it sorted out soon, but for now, she focused instead on what Moons was saying, giving her friend full attention.

i'm so so sorry this is late ahhh

Online Moons

• Kichigai's wierdo <3
  • Guardian
  • Hero
  • Captain Inaria~
    • My status
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 11:14:53 AM »
This was the sort of friendship Moons could tell would last a lifetime. Despite the time apart, the two women sat down with easy conversation as though they only missed a day's worth of news. That was the kind of familiarity the marchioness loved and cherished. There was no awkwardness between the two, no apologies of not having visited the other. Yes there was worry, granted, but there was also trust that they would talk about it when they next met up. Such as today.

It was why she now expressed her concerns to the ex-Queen. They exited the water, Haylyn dumping out more of it than Moons did. Her red tail flickered behind her, sending water droplets to the plants nearby, who she was sure appreciated it. But her attention was on her friend, who was still silent after her declaration. Patiently she waited, giving Haylyn the time she needed in order to fill out her answer. "I.. kind of fell into a pit there for a while, I think. I'm so sorry, Moons.. with everything that happened, I suppose I just needed time to myself to work through it all." Her expression softened, and understanding filled those amber eyes as she looked at her pained friend.

"I think I'm okay now, though." Moons nodded, stepping forward to offer a nuzzle of consolation. She brushed her muzzle on the grey female's cheek, letting her know all was well between the two. "That's what's important, Haylyn," she said softly, smiling at her. "That you're okay. You know I will worry over you regardless, though. But I know you're strong, and can handle things yourself." It was what helped her lead Inaria after her mother. Even as Queen, Moons had worried over her, both as her elite and as her friend. Just because the crown was no longer on Haylyn's head, didn't mean she would stop.

Then the tables were turned. "What about you, how've things been?" The smile still remained on Moons' face, but her gaze turned a little pained. "Things have been..." she paused, unable to find a word sufficient enough to encompass everything that had happened lately. "..hard." There were few options to use that didn't sound dramatic to her own ears. "But I'm recovering," she added quickly, always quick to reassure that she was okay, she was handling it. Even if she wasn't. "Gin and Sage are doing well, they're filling into their ranks amazingly." Shove the spotlight to her family rather than herself, haha. "And Backbite, well. He's being Backbite."

She smiled at Haylyn, even though she knew that her description was a huge understatement of the things she was going through since the war came to its final, bloody end. Typical marchioness.
Link to bin~

Characters I Actively Role-play: Moons | Corvus |Rykryk | Flamestorm | Seven |Yoki | Phoenix | Electra | Coronach | Cruciatus | Zodiac | Tide | Skylar

Offline Haylyn

• Inaria
  • Regular
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 06:04:31 AM »

Moons' muzzle brushing lightly against her cheek ushered forth a brilliant and happy smile that Haylyn couldn't contain.
Her friendship with Moons was one of the lucky lady's greatest treasures. The red Marchioness had been by her side for as long as Haylyn could remember - a true bond like that was hard to find, and Haylyn was overjoyed to see that despite her neglect, their friendship remained untarnished.

"That's what's important, Haylyn. That you're okay. You know I will worry over you regardless, though. But I know you're strong, and can handle things yourself."

Motherly and worried for the well-being of her friends, that was Moons all right! Haylyn sighed contentedly, gaze flickering from Moons to the water. So much time had passed since they had last connected, really connected. There must have been a million things happening in the red woman's life since Haylyn had secluded herself away, and Haylyn was eager to hear about it all. Just to be able to talk with her best friend lifted more stress from the cloudy blue woman's shoulders than Haylyn had expected.

"Things have been... hard. But I'm recovering. Gin and Sage are doing well, they're filling into their ranks amazingly. And Backbite, well. He's being Backbite."

A frown pulled at Haylyn's lips upon hearing that things had been difficult for Moons. Guilt rose up within her chest like an oily cloud that made her feel down. Maybe if she had been around, Moons wouldn't have had such a hard time - at least she would have had another friend to lean on in her hours of need. "I'm sorry Moons," the powder-blue wolf all but blurted out, feeling the need to apologize again. Knowing that Moons had struggled and that Haylyn hadn't been there to help.. it made her question just how good of a friend she had been to Moons.

"Gin.. he's grown up into a well-mannered young man. He helped me become a Page - well, I'm in training, anyway." She offered her friend a cheesy smile, hoping to lighten the mood a bit. "I'm glad to hear they're doing well." Haylyn had, of course, heard of the losses the pack had taken during the war. Rather than bring up such a topic, Haylyn decided to usher them towards brighter topics.

"Spring, finally," was all the woman could manage to say, but she played it off well. Soft eyes gazed with wonder at the sights around them, the jacaranda trees in full bloom, buttercups and other flowers adding pops of color to the vibrant green of the shrubs and grass growing lushly along the water's edge. Haylyn couldn't imagine a place more beautiful than Inaria in springtime.

"This is, by far, my favorite thing ever." Beautiful spring day with the bestie, who could ask for more?

continuing my tradition of replying a million months later lmao im so sorry

Offline Hayley

• There are so many colors that I still try to hide while I paint And there are so many tunes that I secretly sing as I wait
  • Pack Alpha
  • Hero
  • Liked: 1470
  • Likes Given: 501
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 04:41:33 PM »
nudges this up a lil

There is no difference in what we're doing in here
That doesn't show up as bigger symptoms out there
So why spend all our time in dressing our bandages
When we've the ultimate key to the cause right here,
our underneath

Online Moons

• Kichigai's wierdo <3
  • Guardian
  • Hero
  • Captain Inaria~
    • My status
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 09:44:06 PM »
Haylyn smiled, and it lifted Moons' spirit to see it. It was good to see her perk up and be the old Haylyn she used to be -- no, not the Queen version of the gray female. The happy-go-lucky young gal she always was, bouncing around Inaria without a care in the world. A little glimpse of that came through again as Haylyn smiled at her. It made her tail wag, and she watched her friend as their conversation continued.

Moons was nothing if not honest with her words, even though she brushed the truth a bit sometimes. It wasn't that she wanted to lie; far from that. She simply didn't want to burden her friends with her problems. "I'm sorry Moons." The apology made her ear flicker, and she turned amber eyes to Haylyn's gaze. Moons shook her head though. "You don't have to be sorry, Haylyn," she answered, turning her head to glance at the sky above them. "It's not your fault." It was no one's fault. Sometimes, it was just how things played out.

"Gin.. he's grown up into a well-mannered young man. He helped me become a Page - well, I'm in training, anyway." Her ears perked, listening to the praise for her son as well as what he did for her. "Aww thank you Haylyn," she said with a smile. "I'm glad he's learning a few things from his mom." She winked with a gentle laugh. Moons was proud of her boy, just as she was proud of Sage. "I'm glad they're doing well." Yes Moons was glad for it too.

A change in topic came, and perhaps it was in order indeed. "Spring, finally." Moons looked up at their surroundings, noting the beautiful weather around them (even if it was hot). "This is, by far, my favorite thing ever." You know what?

It was one of Moons' too~

"Let's do something, Moons said, grinning openly before she looked down at Haylyn. A playful twinkle in her eye, the maroon female lifted a paw and poked her friend on the shoulder. 'You're it!' "Come on!" she called out, suddenly bowing down before darting off into the jacaranda forest. Gotta have some fun in life, no? And what better time than now?
Link to bin~