Author Topic: I AM A BIG MAN & I HAVE A BIG GUN [Anika]  (Read 269 times)

Offline ℕᴇʀᴏ

• the ROMAN
  • Saboro
  • Regular
  • the RED RAVEN
  • Liked: 244
  • Likes Given: 295
I AM A BIG MAN & I HAVE A BIG GUN [Anika]
« on: February 27, 2016, 05:14:32 PM »
I'M HARD AS effING STEEL AND I'VE GOT THE POWER
I'M EVERY INCH A MAN AND I'LL SHOW YOU SOMEHOW
I'LL MAKE YOU SUCK IT MAYBE I'LL PUT A HOLE IN YOUR HEAD YOU KNOW JUST FOR THE eff OF IT

(Me and my effing gun.) He felt like an exposed wire, crackling and sparking and dangerous. The war around him swelled like an orchestra, voices and cries blurring together into drums and trumpets. It was a symphony - articulate in its chaos. It was beautiful. There were so few who truly appreciated war for what it was: a spectacle. It was a grand performance, meant to present the narrative of kings. Wars were never about the people who fought in them, or those it was supposedly fought over. War was a chess game of egos, using their pawns to make a point. In this conflict, Nero was absolutely a pawn. He had no stake, just sworn loyalty. He was not making decisions, he wasn't even fighting under his own banner. The slab decided he didn't particularly care.

Let his betters have their games. Nero would benefit from them as much as he could, and he would have fun doing it. Breathing hard, the piebald slab raced across the open field, dodging quarls when necessary, his destination undetermined but fast approaching. Once he was free of the scuffles, the main body of gather wolves, he skidded to a stop, watching with wide eyes and a jaw parted in an open, gasping smile. His fat tongue lolled out between his teeth, bright red with blood and wet with thick saliva. His heart pounded in his chest and his blood surged hot through his veins.

Like a predator, he was hungry. Searching for prey, something to sink his teeth into. It was then that he turned his head, his eyes happening to meet with someone across the field. Anika, a Nardirian come to aid the Inarians, but that wasn't something he would know. All he did know was that this was the enemy, who deserved to have their blood spilt just for that designation alone. He did not care who this person was, or why they were here. He did not need their name. He just needed their strife, their struggle, their flesh.

Nero sunk down on his joints, centering his mass and lowering his head until it was parallel to his broad shoulders. The crimson dire would snarl, his tail curled over his wide hips, and dug his claws into the dirt underfoot. He staggered his legs, prepared for Anika to rush to meet him. He'd wait to be engaged (eagerly would he wait).

████████████████████████

As the Bacchae knew,
we always tear our Gods to bits
AND EAT THE BITS WE LIKE.

#d39234

{ the Machiavellian }
— played by Kujo

Offline Anika

• For we are warriors and warriors are not afraid to die
  • Nardir
  • Initiate
  • I stand for all of us.
  • Liked: 13
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: I AM A BIG MAN & I HAVE A BIG GUN [Anika]
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 12:57:38 AM »
In a sense, Anika had trained her whole life for war. Through regiment and fierce training, she had been honed to the absolute pinnacle of physical perfection, and in Familiaris, she had prepared for the worst while on its borders, but once she was swept into the pandemonium, she was at last forced to recognize that like some poor, hapless bystander sucked into a tornado, she had been thrown into unfamiliar territory. Anika liked to believe that she harbored no illusions of heroism. As she had matured, she had discarded her naive assumption that every pack in the Dire Straits was beholden to the values that she considered sacrosanct, and contrary to what many a simpering warmonger would have her believe, rarely was there any glory to be found in war. In spite of her newfound state of enlightenment, somehow, she had considered herself to be immune to war's endless hardships; its commonplace atrocities that bombarded her from every angle. After all, she had been trained. After all, she had volunteered, knowing full well what to expect.

But did she really anticipate this? Maybe Anika hadn't considered the gravity of her agreement. All she wanted to do was defend her new home. It would have been cowardly for her to simply ignore Inaria's request for aid, or so she thought. She had unflinchingly marched with the contingent of soldiers that Nardir had dispatched to assist Inaria, but the moment they arrived on the battlefield and were subsequently greeted with the outburst of violence, Anika began to have her doubts. She faltered.

In the clashing mess of bodies, Anika soon lost sight of her companions. As concerned as she was for them (especially Mercedes, who was nothing more than a child), she knew better than to steal a glance over her shoulder. She couldn't afford to be distracted. FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, bellowed a voice from deep inside her. She was overwhelmed, desperate, and disoriented, floundering like a duckling first introduced to water, and for all her training and preparations, she was smacked with the sudden need to separate herself from this mess and regroup. She weaved between the bodies thrashing about in the frenzied mess, brushing past wolves writhing among other wolves, until she reached the opposite side of the field. Somehow, Anika had not registered her impulsive dash for safety for what it was. Days later, she would reflect on her reaction, and would come to regret her cowardice. From this distance, Anika attempted to catch a glimpse of any familiar faces, particularly her fellow Nardiri. She would have remained engaged as such if it wasn't for Nero's approach. He was silent, alone, bristling from head to toe with power, and eyeing her like she was a gazelle separated from the herd. There was no mistaking his intentions.

He did not attack her yet. Now confronted with a challenge that she could not ignore, she summoned her resolve from the deepest recesses of herself. Nero had the advantage in sheer size; Anika was agile, compact, and knotted with muscle. "This is your chance to surrender," Anika announced with an incongruous solemnity. She spoke as if the fringe dire didn't tower over her by a solid foot, and didn't have at least two hundred pounds of muscle over her. "This is your only warning." She planted her paws firmly on the ground and steeled herself, moving with Nero if he advanced in an attempt to keep some distance between them, and awaited his first strike.

Why the ceremonial approach? Perhaps, in spite of Anika's hardened demeanor, she still had echoes of a determined young spitfire that still believed in chivalry. Perhaps, this was just sanctimonious posturing, meant to assert how she was more principled and honorable than despicable, rotten, backstabbing Saboro, look at how generous she was, offering him a chance to surrender. Behind the inscrutable scowl that Anika wore like armor, there was an equal possibility between the two choices.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 12:49:54 PM by Sunblink »

We'll keep fighting 'til the end
For a time that we've been taught to keep.

[ #E1A95F ] | played by Sunblink.
   » tracker

[1/30/2015 10:42:39 PM] Nugget Emily: "they say there's a ghost in the mountains who criticizes your sexual standards"

Offline Sunblink [Summer!]

• Guardian
  • Hero
  • have only one waifu, or it will ruin your laifu
    • My status
    • FurAffinity
  • Liked: 2629
  • Likes Given: 3646
Re: I AM A BIG MAN & I HAVE A BIG GUN [Anika]
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 05:07:03 PM »
pst I figured it's been a while since the war officially ended so we're giving this an OOC conclusion

Kujo and I agreed that Anika and Nero tussle for a while before somehow they end up getting separated. The fight ends with no clear victor. although Anika totally won