Author Topic: Medic Station [Inarian Infirmary]  (Read 668 times)

Offline Xenia.

• sai-nee-uh

• Leader
  • Apprentice
  • Liked: 4
  • Likes Given: 0
Medic Station [Inarian Infirmary]
« on: February 25, 2016, 01:29:19 PM »

ooc: the main inaria infirmary; there is no posting order or obligation to post but people are welcome to pop in for healing/assistance at any time.
also even if you aren't a healer, if you want your character to assist i'm sure we can find something for you to help with!
if anyone would like a separate rp with xenia for medical purposes feel free to poke me, otherwise they'll all be happening here to keep it organized.

XENIA ♣  ,,
The days leading up to the war had been quite nerve-wracking; an even that the red wolf healer wasn't expecting to ever had to see the day one would come. Fighting was never Xenia's style and with the anticipation of possibly needing to get involved somehow was a churn in the girl's gut that wasn't likely going to go away. Although it might've been made noticeable to Ghost, she tried her hardest not to emit too many negative emotions to the already stewing King, who certainly had more on his plate then she. Another day was coming where they would be separated and with the stakes higher then just some trips to the outside packs on duties and business, Xenia was not feeling much more at ease about leaving her King on the dawn of the fateful day.

As a healer, she knew she had her job and after seeing Ghost off she'd moved toward the garden. Albeit nervously and attempting to keep her cool, she'd started to gather as many necessary supplies for the events ahead in hopes of them lasting well. Unfortunately the garden was too far into the territory to use that as their main base, otherwise they'd have an abundance of continuing herbs to keep their people healed and well. What's worse was there hadn't been any signs of the Medic in a long time, and Xenia took it upon herself as one of the healers to try to do something. She didn't blame her superior, but was certainly feeling the pressure. Hopefully at some point she'd pass Setebos, offering him a respectful nod and a heartfelt look of appreciation. Xenia wasn't positive but she'd assumed Sage being primarily a Royal guard, she would not be assisting in their herbal duties.

Despite the knotting in her stomach and the slight shake to her limbs, Xenia managed to keep herself together as she focused on the task at hand. Repeating comforting words in her head she made sure to gather what she absolutely needed and made haste to find a perfect position for the infirmary to be. With a quick scope and critical thinking the red wolf managed to locate a safe area that had a high level of traps nearby that the Inarians would be able to avoid, but Saborans likely not as fortunate. With a moment of ease she smiled, eyes scanning the area she'd found with a sense of relief. This was the perfect place.

With that she'd laid out the things she had and took a seat, exhaling deeply and turning to see who else would be joining. Xenia knew they'd need all the paws they could get, giving everyone a respecting nod who arrived, unable to smile any longer despite her normal, cheery attitude. Curling her tail tightly around her paws she practiced deep breathing silently. This was certainly worse then a thunderstorm, and once the sounds of snarls, cries and howls hit the sky, her muscles tensed in wait to see who would be coming to their doorstep first.

« PROFILEROLEPLAYS • played by ARKYLS »

Offline Setebos

• The flowers of naivete
  • Inaria
  • Apprentice
  • buried in a layer of frost.
  • Liked: 41
  • Likes Given: 8
Re: Medic Station [Inarian Infirmary]
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 12:48:10 AM »
Setebos's war wasn't fought with bayonets and bullets, but brambles and bouquets of freshly-picked herbs - his arsenal lined with burdock leaves and chamomile buds. Although he had been denied access to the garden, he had joined Sage in amassing as many herbs as they could transport, trying to remain as inconspicuous as possible. He had accepted that conflict was inevitable, as determined as he was to remain an impartial party in the war, but wanted to avoid taking unnecessary risks. With great reluctance, and burdened by the knowledge that what was once a refuge for healers would be invaded by Saboran soldiers, the two departed from the garden. In defiance of his misgivings, Setebos felt a responsibility to the junior healers in the rank, as he was, in Lotus's absence, perhaps the most experienced doctor present. Sage was thoroughly preoccupied by her duties in the other ranks. With Paris having disappeared, that left him and Xenia with the overwhelming task of caring for Inaria's wounded. What a heavy duty it was to bear.

All the children and noncombatants had been evacuated from Inaria, leaving the purple forests that once teemed with life strangely barren. A foreboding silence stretched between the two medics as they marched from the gardens, coated in the hazy light that now streamed, unimpeded, through the trees. Setebos trudged with a magisterial sense of importance, carrying the confidence that Xenia didn't have. Outwardly, he was the picture of quiet resolve. Under the facade, he was wracked with anxiety. Setebos was no fragile old man, but he knew that he didn't stand a chance against Saboro's hardened sociopaths. If they were ambushed, all he could hope for was to distract their assailants while Xenia escaped. That was his plan, ultimately. He didn't want to shed his blood for Inaria's sake, but in defense of innocent people? He accepted that as a possibility.

Prior to this moment, Setebos had awaited cold death with a steely indifference. Perhaps it was the threat of pain.

They hunkered down in a quiet and isolated clearing surrounded on all sides by a protective ring of traps. Trees jutted from the soil, straight and proud, like the bars of a prison, sheltering the medics in the shade of the canopy. If they were discovered, which was another possibility as Saboro's hordes progressed deeper into the heart of Inaria, the fortifications could at least slow them down. Setebos deposited his supplies in a heap by some rock outcroppings, shrugging his shoulders as he relieved himself of the weight. Xenia had settled down nearby, and was shuddering with barely-contained fear. Swallowing his concern, he tried to tick through his itinerary, counting the tightly-bound bushels of raspberry, chamomile, cayenne, and parsley that laid at his feet. He shoved the medicine into the alcove he had created, concealing the precious flora from sight.

"Think they'll know how to find us?" Setebos asked offhandedly. They, of course, meaning soldiers in need of assistance. He wasn't really interested in the answer. Conversation was meant to distract Xenia from her own nervousness.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 03:15:10 PM by Sunblink »

This old warship has wounds
And it won't sail for nothin'
The old sailor said to me
And I was foolish not to listen
And paid such close conscription
All the lies I believed

"But if you lend me some more labor
And put your name on paper
We just might catch a breeze"
I know now he was not a captain
Now because of all my actions
I grow alone with the sea

[ #E42217 ] | played by Sunblink
   » tracker

Offline Moons

• Kichigai's wierdo <3
  • Guardian
  • Hero
  • Captain Inaria~
    • My status
    • My DeviantArt Page
  • Liked: 923
  • Likes Given: 898
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 04:48:33 PM »
Her mind could barely comprehend what was happening to her body.

The symptoms had started to arise almost as soon as her fangs hit the fur of that cursed white wolf. Moons hadn't realized it at first, more than likely because of the fast pace of battle and the adrenaline coursing through her veins. But just as much as adrenaline saved her from feeling the effects immediately, that same chemical cursed her body to pump the toxins faster and magnify the effects more than if they had just coursed through a relaxed body. So when the poison had begun to take over her body, Moons was left vulnerable to the Saboro wolf's attacks.

It was perhaps fate that Backbite had managed to enter the picture, saving her from the certain torture that the white female would have dealt to the Marchioness had the guard not stepped into the battle. Moons didn't remember any of it at the moment, her mind too wrapped up in dealing with the effects of the toxin. Like a computer tech dealing with a hacker or a virus, her brain was solely focused on handling the crisis at hand. Her body shivered, bleeding from multiple injuries and attempting to rid itself of the poison. She had been picked up by a powerful force, and practically dragged out of the battle. Moons didn't know what had happened to her ghostly opponent.

Images of her fellow pack mates flashed through her mind, only to be replaced by memories of the marsh ambush, like she was being overwhelmed by those demons once again. Vaguely her body had a sense of direction, and she barely could sense that she was slowly walking somewhere. However, only slightly felt by Moons, someone else was leading her, taking all the weight and all the reins in directing where she was going to go. Sounds around her (be it the snarls of other wolves or Backbite whispering encouraging words to her) were all blended together into a cacophony of noise that had the maroon wolf's ears flattened against her head. She fell once or twice as a piercing pain cramped her stomach, but somehow she was brought back up to continue the journey to the infirmary.

Luck was with her as Moons was led into the relative safety of the infirmary, and only then did her muscles spasm, causing her to lose her footing and collapse. Had it taken before hand, they may have never arrived. A whine escaped her maw as pain wracked her belly, and she panted as her body temperature began to creep up. Her eyes were shut tight as she took in the waves of pain, hoping it would all stop soon. The normally strong wolf was beaten down by something she couldn't fight by herself -- though if she could speak to the healers, she would voice her confidence in their abilities. But at the moment, she felt too weak from blood loss and fighting the poison to speak, much less move.

I leave it all to you, healers.

((So she has come for some obvious treatment! In case my post was too jumbled, here's a list of what she has:

Poison symptoms: stomach cramps, fever, muscle twitches, rapid heart rate, twitching/shivering, and obvious weakness.
Injuries: claw marks/scratches/tears/bite marks on her chest, front legs, and right shoulder))
Link to bin~

Characters I Actively Role-play: Moons | Corvus |Rykryk | Flamestorm | Seven |Yoki | Phoenix | Electra | Coronach | Cruciatus | Zodiac | Tide | Skylar
Been on IDS since: January 26th 2008

Brace

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 09:46:21 PM »
He was tired, finally, and he admitted it. The Captain slogged through the war and ended up with his body torn and tattered, but each wound that he'd acquired was a memory. Something to tie the whole thing to, and he was proud of that. He was proud to say that he'd fought to the last and when it came down to it, he had lived up to what he'd said, what he'd promised. And Inaria still stood. Its people were beaten, bloody, and bruised, and yet they still lived here in the same place that they always had. It was a victory in that sense.

He stumbled into the camp, still bleeding profusely from his ear having reopened that wound by accident when he scratched at it in his sleep. It was annoying to say the least, but he was hoping that someone would be able to patch him up sufficiently. The last fight he'd had today had actually reopened all his old wounds, and he was sorely regretting it as pain began to build. Adrenaline was worn out by now and his mind was tired, descending into a gray static as he sat down heavily in front of the healers.

"If you have a moment, it would be grand if you could patch me up." Brace's eyes were going in and out of focus as he spoke, and then he looked momentarily confused before nearly falling over. He caught himself in time and hauled himself back up into a sitting position so that he could be tended to before he slept. The Captain was obviously the worse for the wear, but his smile was a soft one, tinged with sadness at those they had lost and the grievous nature of war in general. He certainly wouldn't forget it.

[this post is set just after the war ends so --
brace's deep injuries (that will scar) since i don't really want to describe them all whoops;
- back right leg at the ankle
- back left leg on his foot
- right foreleg across the front
- right shoulder
- left foreleg across the front
- back behind his shoulder blades
- slashes over his muzzle across his face and over his right eye
- completely missing left ear]

Offline Setebos

• The flowers of naivete
  • Inaria
  • Apprentice
  • buried in a layer of frost.
  • Liked: 41
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 11:55:56 AM »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
[spoiler=OOC disclaimer]LOL I'M NOT A DOCTOR AND ALL OF THIS crap IS PROBABLY WRONG, MY OWN CHARACTER IS SMARTER THAN ME. BUT LOOK I DIDN'T GRADUATE FROM WOLFMEDICAL COLLEGE TO RP ~*~*REALISTICALLY*~*~

Setebos was looming over their reserves, counting to make sure that he hadn't forgotten anything during the relocation, when their first patient arrived. He glanced up from the alcove that protected the infirmary supplies and whirled around, the shambling form of the Marchioness falling within his line of sight just as she collapsed. The lush crimson of her pelt was bloodied further by the open wounds that were administered by cruel tooth and claw, her body spasming like some invisible devil was prodding her with a pitchfork. In almost an instant, the concerned facade that Setebos wore was replaced by a businesslike demeanor, the practiced fashion of a doctor that had seen this exact scenario played out countless times previous. When he boasted to the King that he was the most experienced and talented doctor present during the recruitment drive, it was not entirely bluster. Five years of training, for a wolf, was an exceptionally long time.

"XENIA!" Setebos shouted. It was game time. He had all the sympathy in the world for Xenia's predicament, but now she was forced out of that cage and into a hallway, and the only way was forward. She would rise to the challenge that she was given, or amount to nothing at all. The hard truth was that the people of Inaria didn't need a healer too wracked with anxiety to carry out her mission. With Lotus absent, Setebos had more or less appointed himself as the leader, and was too distracted to consider what Xenia thought of this arrangement. It wasn't an attempt at usurpation. Rather, he was falling back into familiar routine, and didn't give a eff about propriety.

He plunged his head into the stash of medicine, feverishly grabbing chamomile, burdock, and parsley. He dashed to Moons's side and set about to treating her injuries, as well as possibly identifying the source of her convulsions. Her trembling couldn't be attributed to mere exhaustion - the jerking was too violent, too uncontrollable. He decided to address the external injuries last, as death from poisoning seemed to be a more pressing threat than exsanguination. "Xenia, take those parsley leaves. I'll need you to make a bandage, you know how to do that. I'll handle the poison."

Setebos pressed his ear to Moons's chest, hearing the erratic thudding within. That, combined with her increased body heat, confirmed his suspicions that it was poison. Setebos tried to encourage her to chew on some grass in order to induce vomiting; that would, hopefully, purge it from her system while he worked on a healing poultice. While Moons consumed the grass, Setebos tossed yarrow leaves and burdock root into a makeshift bowl, blending the ingredients together until they merged into a pasty substance. Dandelion water was used to dilute it into something more drinkable. The yarrow leaves sufficed as an antidote to the poison, whereas the burdock would relieve Moons's fever. He pushed the bowl to Moons's face. With that task completed, Setebos would wait by Moons's side as Xenia treated her wounds, assisting his protege wherever necessary, and attending to Moons's needs.

Once the excitement had died down, Setebos moved about the infirmary, cleaning the puddle of vomit that Moons had left in her wake and rinsing out the bowls. Hopefully, the Marchioness would be catching up on some well-needed rest, now that she was no longer in danger. Brace's extravagant colors made him stick out like a sore thumb as he hobbled through the clearing, the Captain grunting a subdued greeting before exhaustion nearly claimed him. Setebos muttered a curse under his breath. He grabbed some cayenne peppers, aloe vera, and yarrow leaves. (Setebos made a note to find some more; they would plow through their supplies at this rate.) The aloe vera, while not guaranteed to work, would hopefully facilitate Brace's healing. He didn't want the Captain lunging back into battle just yet, but he understood that he needed to return to the battlefield as quickly as possible.

Setebos leaned in close so his muzzle hovered mere inches away from Brace's nose. There was a nasty-looking gash cleaved over the right half of Brace's face; Setebos couldn't tell whether or not the eye was salvageable in that mess of blood and pulp, so his first task was to start cleaning that. Then there was that ear. That, he could tell, was long gone, and rapidly hemorrhaging. "On your" - quickly puzzling out which side of him bore the most injuries - "left side, Captain. I don't need you falling while I'm trying to patch you up."

Setebos looked to Xenia, throwing his next command to the girl. "Xenia, come over here and take care of his legs. I've got his face and shoulders."

Whether or not Brace chose to comply, Setebos would begin spreading cayenne powder over the oozing stump of Brace's ear, muttering a "This is gonna sting," to him by way of warning. He lathered the gory mess of Brace's eye next; once he was confident that the bleeding had stopped, he began to wash away some of the blood so he could better inspect the mangled remains. Fortunately, the laceration wasn't deep enough to penetrate past the eyelid. It looked uglier than it actually was. After cleaning the wound to the best of his ability, Setebos smeared a thick layer of burdock leaves and raspberry leaves over the eye, glued there with a copious application of aloe vera to kill any bacteria.

"You won't get much use out of that eye until it heals," Setebos said. He directed a serious business scowl toward Brace, just so he could understand that he would brook no argument. "You're staying here until it gets better, unless you like fighting with no depth perception. I'm gonna need to change the bandage every so often to make sure it doesn't get infected."

Setebos was not above wrangling Brace and pinning his dumb ass to the floor if he insisted on leaving, but that would mean breaking the legs that Xenia had worked so hard to repair.

Speaking of Xenia, Setebos decided to give her some well-deserved praise as he dressed Brace's ear: "You're doing good, kid. If we get out of this crapshow alive, I'll let Lotus know you stepped up to the plate."

This old warship has wounds
And it won't sail for nothin'
The old sailor said to me
And I was foolish not to listen
And paid such close conscription
All the lies I believed

"But if you lend me some more labor
And put your name on paper
We just might catch a breeze"
I know now he was not a captain
Now because of all my actions
I grow alone with the sea

[ #E42217 ] | played by Sunblink
   » tracker

Offline .Felicity.

• knights and fables,
  • Inaria
  • Initiate
  • swords and flowers.
  • Liked: 16
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 04:10:22 AM »
[tw.....vomiting and fever stuff, the sads, etc. Honestly both medic threads probably just need to get overall trigger warnings at the top because our wolf violence is getting out of hand so quickly... ]

She struggled to her feet again, the last hour a patchwork of quivering, hobbling, stumbling, and collapsing, each agonizing step bringing her closer to the medic station. Something was wrong, very wrong, in her feverish state she was unable to truly understanding what was happening or why. Felicity had trouble getting to the right place at the right time even on her best day. That she could find the medic station now was a true, honest to god miracle, and likely the only one she'd be getting for a while.

She paused a moment to vomit and stumble forward some more, her only thought was to halfheartedly wonder how she could possibly have anything left in her stomach. But she heard some noises that sounded...if not familiar, then at least not terrifying. Maybe they could help? She walked forward more, the way a human would if they were walking through a cluttered room in pitch blackness, ungainly and tentative with each footfall.

"N-naga?" she asked as she cautiously stepped into the midst of the wolves, who were honestly just as likely to be saboran as they were inarian for all her knowledge. She looked around, confused, obviously shivering and delusional. "I'd....like some water?" She said, before stumbling first into a sitting position, and then to one lying down. To whichever medic bothered to attend to her, she'd stumble out a slew of babbling questions, "W-where's Naga? I...have to....have to watch her back." And then "Are my parents..... around? My dad..." She briefly tried to raise her heavy head, but then laid it back down. Too heavy. But then she struggled for a moment, as though just realizing something really urgent she needed to get to -  "The king and queen - inaria, is it still inaria? please help..."

Being in a war was completely awful, and being heroic was very hard, and she was probably going to die, and so were all the other people. She didn't understand anything and every part of her hurt. But what was worse was that she was laying here all prone and useless and what she really wanted -

"I want to fight again..." She curled up into a small golden ball of fluff, shaking in feverish pain.

----
tldr; felicity is poisoned
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 05:30:54 AM by .Eve. »

Offline Kashmir

• Inaria
  • Regular
  • La nuit du chasseur
  • Liked: 38
  • Likes Given: 37
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2016, 11:36:38 AM »
A ghoulish little creature shambled its way into the infirmary.

He was smothered in souring blood, both his own and otherwise, all over the mouth, between the teeth along with bits of hair and meat, spattered up his legs, and oozing slowly from an open wound on his back. It was as though whomever he'd been attacking had reached down, grabbed a mouthful, and tore. As though his hide had been all too happy to comply with that final, spiteful strike.

No matter. They were all doleful sights here. Keep focused, keep going, even as the world around you loses clarity, as it buzzes and vibrates like a loathsome insect. Keep one eye looking over your shoulder for pursuers, they were looking for their wounded, he knew it, it's what HE WOULD HAVE DONE TO THEIRS, while the nausea roiled in his gut and rose to his brain, while his tachycardic heart rate thrummed desperately, trying in vain to purge his body of oily poison.

He saw the face of his mother in the brush. Calling softly to him. Telling him he'd been such a kind boy once.

Keep it together. Keep it together. Keep it together.

Kashmir entered quietly, with as much dignity as he could salvage, and lay down beside Felicity. His breathing was troubled and full of effort; his mouth was open. He was irrationally afraid that if he stayed upright for much longer, he might... vomit before these doctors, or something just as vulgar. Confused eyes looked carefully over at Setebos, the man of dark-on-bright-on-white, and the marquis rasped a question --

"A-Acheron...?"

(Later on, he might wonder why his addled mind wanted his student to be there.)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 11:38:44 AM by Nekotake »

Who loved, who suffer’d countless ills
Who battled for the True, the Just
Be blown about the desert dust
Or seal’d within the iron hills

Played by Kotake

Offline Lotus

• Healer of Inaria
  • Inaria
  • Regular
  • Liked: 77
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 11:11:15 AM »
[AAAAAND I'M BACK. Sorry if I missed all the fun. Going to try to join in anyway!]

She had not been equipped to treat poison of this caliber. The garden boasted a variety of detoxifying plants and roots, but none of them potent enough to deal with what the enemy carried on their coat and claws. The moment word of this affliction had reached her, she had disappeared; leaving with her empty medic pouch on her side in a frantic search for what she knew they could not do without. With each hurried step she had taken, she had cursed at herself under her breath. Why hadn't she prepared for this? For days the medic had imagined all sorts of situations imaginable and prepared herself to deal with them, but this one had managed to escape her imagination. Now, her pack mates were in danger of dying from something other than the enemy's fang. Would that be a worse or a better death, she could not tell... but she would do all she could to avoid it for them if she could.

Her search took her further south than she expected. She whom was usually so careful and methodical in her harvest, tore the berries from the branches without grace or care. Bits of twigs and leaves were packed alongside the precious red fruits. As soon as she was sure she would have enough for the task, she traced back her step to return to the pack lands, hoping she would not be too late. She had not told anyone of where she had gone; she had been given no time to do so. Every minute was counted, every moment she knew was one moment too many spent away from Inaria. She could have given up to despair then, as her mind raced and depicted terrible scenarios one after another; but she shook the tears from her eyes and steeled her heart against such thoughts. She thought what she believed was best, and there was no turning back time to change things now.

All that was left to do for the medic was go back to where she was needed... in the hopes she would make it there in time to serve her purpose.
---------------------

Before she even step foot back into Inaria, she knew that the war had begun. The stink of blood seemed to cling on every path she took. She was not a fighter, nothing close to it in fact. Her only goal from the moment she stepped foot back into her homeland was to avoid the enemy and reach the sanctuary that her garden offered. Doubtless that was where the others waited, and treated the ill and injured. Her path took her through bushes and thorns, guessing that was the safest place to be. The warriors would keep to the fields and forests to fight. After all, no one who ever wanted to battle would look to do so within a thorn bush.

Turns out, she was half way right. The wolf she fell upon was not from Inaria, but it was clear from its body language that it was tired and wounded and wished to rest. The moment she saw it, it turned to look at her and growled defensively. The medic was at an impasse. If she tried to fight the wolf, or tried to call for help, she might be killed. On another hand, if she left it alone and continued on her way, it might possibly return to the battlefield later and kill more of her comrades. Her heart pounded so loudly in her chest she could hear nothing else above the overwhelming sound of it. The wolf looked to the pouch at her side, and at that moment she knew what she had to do.

"Its okay, I won't fight you. I can't fight anyway. I can only heal. Listen... just listen, I need to get through. Just let me pass... I'll heal you in exchange. Please."

There was no battle to be had between them. The way she curled upon herself and begged at him, he decided that she was of no threat to him. She would never know what pushed the younger male to trust her. Perhaps it was his desire for the pain to end that caused him to accept the roots she offered him, or perhaps it was simply who she was that caused others to trust her. In the later days, she would often times think of his face and the blank look in his eyes as he realized he was dying. Alone in her den, she would cry for the first life she had ever taken rather than give, and she would grieve for this enemy who's name she would never know.

"I'm sorry.... I'm so sorry..."

Returned on the garden path with a heavy heart, she spotted a familiar figure at it's entrance. Kashmir was barely recognizable, what for the color of his fur drenched in blood and guts she hoped to god were not his own. She approached him from the side of his good eye, offering a shoulder to lean on and praying he would not attack her in what she knew could be a fighter's basest instinct. She followed him, keeping beside him until he chose to lay beside another that seemed to shiver as though they were freezing despite warmth in the garden air. Her attention wanted to remain upon the two suffering Inarians at her feet, but she forced herself to look up to the other healers to speak to them while she slid the leather pouch over her head and onto the floor.

"The poison the enemy has brought with them may be too strong to be treated with our regular herbs and concoctions. These crab-apple berries will take care of what the yarrow cannot. Keep a close eye on those who have been poisoned, and if they do not better within the hour then give them a berry. Make sure they swallow it. If they puke it out, give them another one."

She offered them no explanation or excuses for her absence. If they were any sort of clever (and they had to be in order to be here and do what they were doing), then they would easily put two and two together and figure out why she had gone. She immediately begun to care for the injured and assist her fellow healers in their tasks.

"W-where's Naga? I...have to....have to watch her back."...  "Are my parents..... around? My dad..."

"Shh... it's alright now. It's just me and you. You're safe here. Take a moment to rest, no one's going to blame you for it."

Confusion, by the look in her eyes and the vagueness of her questions. Fever, by the heat of her ears. Her mouth was dry, and she shivered: Poison surely. The only other explanation for her behavior would have been sepsis, and there was no wound severe enough to cause it. Not taking any chances, Lotus gave her a berry right from the start. She dipped the small fruit in the pond before laying it close to her maw. The freshness of the water on the berry would have made it impossible to ignore. The fruit had a sour pithy taste but she would wait until the wolf swallowed it all.

"I want to fight again..."

"You will; very soon... trust me."
------------

Kashmir lay right where she had left him, looking no better than he had save for the salve and the green leaf bandages that now covered his wounds (care that had been administered by another while she had spoken to Felicity). His breathing was still erratic and without even laying her head on his chest she knew that his heart was having a hard time to keep up with the poison. Why was he reacting faster to its damage? Was it because he wasn't a wolf? She mused for a moment upon the right thing to do. If she gave him a berry to eat, it might not have time to work. If his heart kept going at the rate it was, it would stop long before she would have time to treat the poison that raged in his system.

"Sebetos, get me a Valerian root! Quickly!"

She needed to get his heart rate down before she attempted to purge the poison from his system. Once the root was in her jaw, she quickly chewed it to a paste before forcing it down Kashmir's throat. The flavor of it was dull, and would be easy to swallow. She watched for a moment as his breathing began to return to something that resembled normality. She listened with an ear against his chest for a heart that began to do the same, though the rhythm stayed accelerated. She was pleased with this, for she did not want his heart to slow down too much. The slower it pumped the blood, the slower it would distribute the effects of the antitoxin in the crab-apple berry. Perhaps the same could have been said of the poison, but Lotus knew not the particular poison Saboro used. Odds were, Kashmir's system was already completely infected. The rhythm of his heart would make no difference there.

She gave him a berry, making sure he swallowed it despite it's terrible taste (she wasn't above holding his mouth shut by pinning his muzzle to the ground if she had to). Then nodded to the others to signal that the worse had probably come to pass. She moved aside to let them treat the smaller injuries that still waited to be patched.

It was only then she realized how tired she was. She had been running for a long time, with fear and anxiety in her heart. But now wasn't the time for rest. Surely there would be others walking through those flowery gates, counting on their care and skills to save them. She would stand and walk among the injured and her healers, commenting on their skills and congratulating them for the work they had done so far without her. She was proud to see she had not left Inaria empty handed after all. She came to stand beside Moons. Seeing her friend in such a difficult situation caused her heart to ache, but she was glad, for it would have been much harder for her to grieve next to a body than to stand beside an injured friend.

"Moons, take heart... you'll be alright. I'm here now."

Xenia and Setebos had already done everything she could have thought of doing herself. She hoped still, that her presence would grant her friend the strength she needed to fight her afflictions. There were not many others in this pack she cared for more than her, though indeed she had come to care for all of them in a way only a medic knew how.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 11:24:58 AM by Lotus »

Played by Arista

Offline Rieal [RL things so mostly lurking, RPing when able]

• Quoth The Raven...
  • Hero
  • Nevermore!
    • Warriors Prelude
  • Liked: 173
  • Likes Given: 491
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 01:02:44 AM »
Aeolus

He was bleeding..not exactly something new but seeing as how he was likely to be needed later on he figured he would go ahead and find the healers and get looked at..especially as a few of the bites were well..he wasn't exactly sure how serious they were but he knew they were certainly more than scrapes. As he carefully entered the healing area though, he didn't want to rush in and crash into anyone, he noticed there were others who seemed to be in far worse shape than him and he wondered if maybe he should be helping here somehow instead of..waiting for help. But while he was thinking on that he noticed that some of them seemed to have more than just..bleeding issues. Which begged the question.."What's wrong with them? Is there anything I can do to help?".

He would ask slightly before or perhaps at the same time offer aid in whatever way he could wondering whether he would get an answer and if so what the answer would be.

((so Aeolus has some bites that are..not minor but not terribly serious either just in case anyone replies to this))
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 01:03:25 AM by Eruraviel [RL things so mostly lurking, RPing when inclined] »
might disappear

~The raven strikes at midnight~

*Servicemen don't make MISTAKES, they make DECISIONS.*

±Credit cards aren't money..just wishful thinking±

If you want to understand me go Here and Here and also Here
My Charries

I survived the Snowflake
Christmas Name Change 2010

Brace

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2016, 01:08:05 AM »

Writing this like Xenia is also tending to him at the same time to get this off my to-do list, but no pressure to post Ark!
Setebos went right to work, and so did Xenia, her tending to obscured by the rougher, but surer actions of the older healer. The power that he pressed to his ear sent Brace's hackles rising, thought he did his best not to move from his left side, like Setebos instructed. He knew that the healer could only tend to him if he kept himself still enough to be looked after. The burning on the stump of his ear was rising by the second and he bit his tongue a bit to keep quiet while Setebos moved on.

Next came the cut over his eye which wasn't enough to worry him terribly, and it seemed his gut instinct was right. He was patched up and given strict orders to stay which was something he was more than willing to do. The war had been tiring, and he wasn't quite sure how Inaria would recover form it, only that it would. Brace's exhaustion was catching up to him, making him fade in and out a bit as Setebos praised the brown healer. "Thanks to you both. Don't worry about me Setebos, I'll stay put. Maybe take a nap, who knows. Keep out of your fur at any rate." He smirked a bit at the older male and then chuckled, truly smiling for a moment as he settled in to doze for a bit.