Author Topic: Past Conflicts [Blackmoore]  (Read 379 times)

Offline Moons

• Kichigai's wierdo <3
  • Guardian
  • Hero
  • Captain Inaria~
    • My status
    • My DeviantArt Page
  • Liked: 922
  • Likes Given: 898
Past Conflicts [Blackmoore]
« on: July 07, 2015, 11:21:19 AM »
It was just another day.

No, not quite. Moons scrunched her nose, muzzle wrinkling as she paused in her walk. Something was itching at the back of her mind, something that went off from her duties as Marchioness. She was the one in charge of monitoring the citizens of Inaria, and she hadn't been doing too much of that. So much conflict left little time for indulging in the minor duties of her rank. But it was something that couldn't be ignored.

The maroon female moved to walk once more then, speeding up into a trot that ate away at the miles she wanted to travel. She was near the meeting grounds, but that was not where she wanted to go. No, this conversation was going to be a private one. Away from conflicting eyes. Moons looked around before disappearing into the trees, knowing her destination before she even began.

Memories flooded her mind, bringing back faded feelings that she hadn't thought of in a long time. It made her wrinkle her nose, but she forced those thoughts back and compartmentalized them in the back of her mind. This was something she had to do, maybe even needed to do.

Despite the time she had lapsed since she last came here, Moons found her way as though she had never skipped a day. The scent was familiar even now, and already a conflicted gaze was appearing in those amber eyes. She looked around the den area, giving a soft sigh before looking back at the living quarters. "Blackmoore?" she called out, wondering at this point if he was even home. And then she realized something else: Moons hadn't even thought of anything to say. Some Marchioness.
Link to bin~

Characters I Actively Role-play: Moons | Corvus |Rykryk | Flamestorm | Seven |Yoki | Phoenix | Electra | Coronach | Cruciatus | Zodiac | Tide | Skylar
Been on IDS since: January 26th 2008

Offline Blackmoore

• PALADIN
  • Inaria
  • Regular
  • dishonored.
  • Liked: 3
  • Likes Given: 35
Re: Past Conflicts [Blackmoore]
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 11:05:17 PM »
The former soldier's body ached from overuse, overexertion - he had been running the borders of Inaria, a solemn and solitary patrol. He was an omega, the lowest of the low, but wallowing in his guilt and getting caught up in his low status within the pack he loved so dearly.. Blackmoore had come to realize that that was not going to get him anywhere. He had to do something, prove his worth to those around him - guilty or innocent, they all thought of him as some beast that had lied and twisted things to his own favor; the omega had to convince Inaria otherwise.

He was going to turn in for the day, relax in his den after a small meal. The dire had managed to catch a rabbit, which itself had been some sort of miracle; it had cornered itself inside of a fairly large hollow log which had an entrance, but no exit, the farther side crushed by a mound of earth. It had been as simple as crawling into the log and snapping powerful jaws together around the small creature's neck.

Blackmoore was on his way back to his den to eat and nap for a short while when the smell hit him. Even over the scent of blood and rabbit in general, he could smell it and identify it; Moons. His heart sped up noticeably, the omega's mind suddenly churning out all sorts of worries and thoughts, curious as to why Moons would be at his den after.. wow, how long had it been? Large paws brought him through the underbrush and into view, dull green eyes examining the red woman as he approached. He heard her call his name, the dire's heart aching softly. The brown beast knew he had hurt her, had hurt Lotus, when he had allegedly betrayed all of Inaria - his bridge with Lotus had been burned completely, ashes long since cold, but perhaps his relationship with Moons was salvageable.

He hoped so.

Her friendship meant more to him than he had realized before; when everyone else had turned their backs on him, Blackmoore had had plenty of time to think and realize many things. One of those things was that he had done Moons so terribly, when all she had done was offer him friendship and aid. Blinded by his desperation to find love, he had cast away rational thoughts and hopes in exchange for paranoia and senselessness.. and selfishness, above all.

For a few long moments he said nothing, simply sat the rabbit off to the side and cleaned the blood from his muzzle by wiping it away with a paw. He couldn't think of what to say, really.. it had been so long since he had seen her that it was almost as though they were strangers. Finally, he mustered up the courage to speak. "Moons.. you look well. How have you been?" The dire's voice was low and gruff, Blackmoore refusing to look directly at the red Marchioness as he spoke. Things were so awkward now, where once they had been so effortless and smooth. He might've sighed heavily if he had been alone, but in her presence he remained silent while awaiting her answer.

He hoped she was all right.
you saw my pain washed out in the rain
broken glass, saw the blood run from my veins
but you saw no fault, no cracks in my heart
and you knelt beside my hope torn apart

but the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
we'll live a long life

so give me hope in the darkness that i will see the light
'cause oh that gave me such a fright,
but i will hold as long as you like
just promise me we'll be alright

(profile / tracker / #896e4f / played by silokk)

Offline Moons

• Kichigai's wierdo <3
  • Guardian
  • Hero
  • Captain Inaria~
    • My status
    • My DeviantArt Page
  • Liked: 922
  • Likes Given: 898
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 04:22:58 PM »
Her senses alerted her that someone was approaching, but not from the direction she was expecting. So when the soft noises of someone walking became subtly louder to her, Moons turned her head to search for the source. It was to no surprise that it was Blackmoore himself, looking like he had just come back from hunting a meal for himself. Maybe she had come at a bad time, and was about to say so, when he set down the rabbit himself and cleansed himself. He was probably trying to look better in her presence. He was always formal in his appearances, despite Moons not really caring if someone had blood on their muzzle from a fresh hunt.

"Moons.. you look well. How have you been?" It had been a long time since she heard that voice, but it rang with the same familiarity as it had before their friendship had crashed and burned from the previous incidents. And while Moons never really despised him for any of it, she had simply chosen to distance herself from him from the turn of events. Both in a professional manner and a personal manner. Now though... she cleared her throat to speak. "Thank you, I've been well," she said finally, a small smile appearing on her maw even though it faded after a moment or two. Blackmoore hadn't looked her in the eye yet, perhaps sensing the different in status between the two. But if he should have remembered anything about her...

It was that rank meant close to nothing for her.

But perhaps it was also a little awkward for him after all of this time. "I'm glad to see you're doing fairly well," she added, nodding her head towards the rabbit. At least he wasn't refusing to eat. "How's everything else been?" Despite being the Marchioness, Moons sometimes didn't know how to approach a situation when it came to this kind of conflict. It resonated of the time Blaise approached her to speak, or when she had approached Blaise to make amends. The uncertainty lingering between them was sitting there heavily.

"I'm sorry if I interrupted your meal, by the way." She pointed with her muzzle at the rabbit laying by him. Moons didn't think about what he might be doing while she had approached his living quarters. Just that she had tried to come over to see how he was doing, in a way that wasn't meant to be a light matter. After all, she knew he had been through a lot. Whether others thought he deserved it or not didn't matter to Moons. "I came to check on you after... well, after all of it." She didn't have to be obvious about it, he would know what she was talking about.The awkwardness level though, was intense.
Link to bin~

Characters I Actively Role-play: Moons | Corvus |Rykryk | Flamestorm | Seven |Yoki | Phoenix | Electra | Coronach | Cruciatus | Zodiac | Tide | Skylar
Been on IDS since: January 26th 2008

Offline Blackmoore

• PALADIN
  • Inaria
  • Regular
  • dishonored.
  • Liked: 3
  • Likes Given: 35
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 03:31:43 PM »
     "Thank you, I've been well," Moons answered, her voice exactly as he remembered it - strong and compassionate. He had always admired that about the red woman; she was a force to be reckoned with as well as one of the most caring people he'd ever met. If only everyone possessed her level head and sense of justice -- but he forced that thought down, unwilling to allow such sourness to ruin a talk with what had once been one of his most treasured of friends.

"I'm glad to see you're doing fairly well. How's everything else been?"

"Fairly" well, he thought. Blackmoore wasn't entirely sure how to answer the red Marchioness; what was 'everything else'? He had no family or friends any more, Blaise and Kita both disappearing into nothingness when he needed them most. Lotus was gone, and though it pained him so, the paladin knew it best to leave her to her solitude. Moons was the only fragment of his less shameful past that remained, Blackmoore realized. Their bond was tenuous at best - he had no idea where he stood in her eyes anymore.

"I'm sorry if I interrupted your meal, by the way. I came to check on you after... well, after all of it."

His jaw tightened at the words, brow dropping down as Blackmoore looked away from her, almost desperate not to meet her gaze. He inhaled deeply before breathing out a weary sigh. "How would you be, after having everything ripped from you?" Blackmoore questioned in a voice laden with sorrow and shame, not really expecting an answer. Shaking his large head slowly from side to side, the paladin said, "I can't look anyone in the face anymore. I've no rank, and no honor left to my name." The blow had been rough, turning his world upside down in an instant. To be accused of such disgusting acts, to be stripped of all he had worked so hard to achieve.. it destroyed him.

Blackmoore knew that he was not entirely innocent; he had made his own mistakes, and had been more than willing to pay for them in whatever way his leaders had seen fit. But rumors and lies from the tongues of devils had weighed heavier than truth, and his leaders had cast him down into the lowest pit they could find. It had hurt. It still hurt, like a spear-tip lodged between his ribs. Another sigh fell from his mouth and the paladin lifted his head a bit, refusing still to meet the Marchioness's eyes.

"I don't know what to do, Moons."

literally over a year later, i am so so sorry!!!!

you saw my pain washed out in the rain
broken glass, saw the blood run from my veins
but you saw no fault, no cracks in my heart
and you knelt beside my hope torn apart

but the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
we'll live a long life

so give me hope in the darkness that i will see the light
'cause oh that gave me such a fright,
but i will hold as long as you like
just promise me we'll be alright

(profile / tracker / #896e4f / played by silokk)